Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

so are trans-asians the face of SJW? when someone calls a dude a SJW for saying "hey that art is kind of gross and bad" is he secretly saying that the dude wants to be a japanese programmer?

then which group is the face of SJW? There's a lot of dumb groups with stupid beliefs they hold specifically to get away from being a boring well-off person on the internet with no hobbies, are gamers SJW? they say stupid poo poo and have the stupid belief of videogames being a real hobby

What is SJW's representative face, when someone is accused of being a SJW for saying "hey that boobplate is kind of stupid" which group are they being attributed to?
How did you pass any college level course that involved analysis of anything written? What was repeatedly hinted at in no less than two responses to your initial confusion (which wasn't even justified in the first place) was that I was using a thing called an example, a subset of an overall topic that is easy to understand and generally provides the gist or concept of the topic even if it doesn't cover literally every possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Amgard posted:

Urgh if you're not going to make even the basic effort to educate yourself Im not going to explain loving SJW 101 to you, shitlord.

UH UH JUST ASKIN QUESTIONS :jerkbag:

why not have gamers under the SJW banner? one guy thinks he's a dragon, the other thinks he's doing something worthwhile with his life by pressing buttons next to a screen

"yeah, some guys do fuckin poo poo with clay, I make Gandalf Lightslayer jump."

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
Well gently caress me maybe poetry sharing time is over seems like everyone is up each other's butts.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I posted in this thread yesterday and there's been a thousand posts since.

Mods gas this poo poo :worship:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
*kicks back in easy chair and cracks open a beer*

its aaaaaaaalllllllll gay

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it's time to strike while the iron is hot, and when the thread is at its gayest:

Larry Parrish posted:

Mods gas this poo poo :worship:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Irish Joe posted:

Just because she produces simplistic, freshmen-level feminist analysis of video games doesn't mean that

1) her premise isn't flawed
2) her analysis isn't flawed
3) she is immune from criticism

Sarkeesian literally argues that Mario is sexist because the point of the game is to rescue a mushroom in a dress from a fire breathing lizard. Even if everything she says is true, its still a stupid, petty and pointless subject to hang your hat on.

yeah why doesnt she do something else instead of her whole life's work being a youtube series on video games

you also are idiot

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
apparently breitbart accidentally put up an uncensored version with the journalists phone numbers inside. he's probably going to get sued lol.

in the words of jim ross good god almighty! good god almighty!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
this person has done a care about a thing aaaarrgghggg

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

why not have gamers under the SJW banner? one guy thinks he's a dragon, the other thinks he's doing something worthwhile with his life by pressing buttons next to a screen

"yeah, some guys do fuckin poo poo with clay, I make Gandalf Lightslayer jump."

If the Gamer tries to make a social cause of his idiocy, sure I'd take the case.

Do you know what SJW even means? Cause your functional illiteracy gimmick is lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this thread would be a great addition to PYF, in the form of PYF dumb goony worthless reply.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Amgard posted:

If the Gamer tries to make a social cause of his idiocy, sure I'd take the case.

Do you know what SJW even means? Cause your functional illiteracy gimmick is lol

in what way is #gamergate not exactly Gamers trying to make a social cause of their idiocy

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
Now that I've written my first SA "funny guy" poem, am I officially a goon?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
people who are arguing in this thread really need to simmer down. take it to tumblr/twitter or whatever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Amgard posted:

right now it's being used as feminist, feel free to enlighten me as to what group people are saying someone is for saying "hey, would have been cool if one of these protagonists in GTAV was a lady" by using SJW

because i dont think its transasian, transfurry, transotherkin, transpizza, or transtrains

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Daynab posted:

To give an example, everyone I know, minority or not, who agrees with Femfreq in even the most basic way has been dismissed as a SJW a ton of times.

Anita Sarkeesian is a genius. Not for her videos. Those could be accomplished by spending a weekend searching TV Tropes for examples and then injecting anything you find with basic feminist theory, be it intellectually valid or not.

No, she is a genius for exploiting people for money. 160k for a blue-screen background, stolen YouTube footage and C+/B- Freshman Philosophy papers as a script. And she takes forever to come out with videos for some reason. Whether her intentions or not, it allows her to milk people out of even more money. This is poo poo people do on YouTube for free. And at the end of the day, her videos are really inoffensive. Some gamers collectively lost their poo poo over this, naturally, and attacked her with some heinous poo poo.

And all the harassment she gets naturally makes her bulletproof to criticism (legit or not) because her supporters can claim 'if you critique Anita, you're a misogynist and mansplaining, you cis-het white fascist gently caress!'. It also gives her more cash by making people feel like they are fighting for equality and against the patriarchy by supporting her. It is perfect gig.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
You may have taught me about 1+1 but sums don't exist until you cover all other possible combinations.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

in what way is #gamergate not literally Gamers trying to make a social cause of their idiocy

That's what I said bro. Sincere talk, if a Gamer cries foul about their social status in a way that fits the criteria of an SJW, they're fair game as an SJW

Neuro here thinks that SJWs consuming SJWs like some poo poo-eating Ouroburos is somehow grounds to invalidate, wholesale, the term of SJW

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
You'd think all these people postpostposting about how Sarkeesian didn't do anything all that clever and was just scamming people would have like butlers to do their Internet shitposting for them from the gold-plated yacht that no-brainer Kickstarter trolling bought

hm

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Amgard posted:

That's what I said bro. Sincere talk, if a Gamer cries foul about their social status in a way that fits the criteria of an SJW, they're fair game as an SJW

yes, now we have recruited the Gamers #gamergateswillopen

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

transpizza

Care to elaborate on this? Does it have anything to do with Turtleverses?

:allears:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Dapper Dan posted:

Anita Sarkeesian is a genius. Not for her videos. Those could be accomplished by spending a weekend searching TV Tropes for examples and then injecting anything you find with basic feminist theory, be it intellectually valid or not.

No, she is a genius for exploiting people for money. 160k for a blue-screen background, stolen YouTube footage and C+/B- Freshman Philosophy papers as a script. And she takes forever to come out with videos for some reason. Whether her intentions or not, it allows her to milk people out of even more money. This is poo poo people do on YouTube for free. And at the end of the day, her videos are really inoffensive. Some gamers collectively lost their poo poo over this, naturally, and attacked her with some heinous poo poo.

And all the harassment she gets naturally makes her bulletproof to criticism (legit or not) because her supporters can claim 'if you critique Anita, you're a misogynist and mansplaining, you cis-het white fascist gently caress!'. It also gives her more cash by making people feel like they are fighting for equality and against the patriarchy by supporting her. It is perfect gig.
Sounds like you're sexist and just can't accept basic feminism 101 points, it's the only reason to say anything negative about her work after all.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Amgard posted:

Neuro here thinks that SJWs consuming SJWs like some poo poo-eating Ouroburos is somehow grounds to invalidate, wholesale, the term of SJW

sorry everyone's all being pedantic over lame stuff and I got tangled up in who is arguing what

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
now that we have successfully recruited the gamers the arguing in this thread may finally end and we can focus on the first issue together, as an SJW community:

who's gonna be in front of the buttfuck train, i nominate ArbitraryC

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Dapper Dan posted:

I think you're overthinking this. The original "plot" was to ask for six thousand dollars for better video production to make a webseries. Who do you think made things blow up as much as they did? Hint: it wasn't feminists

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Dapper Dan posted:

lol she asked for a real small amount and people donated more, she doesn't milk more money, the kickstarted is over and ads don't run on the videos. also you are a man baby child

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
"stolen youtube footage" - video from a game that someone else took who didnt make the game that is irrelevant to everything ever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
please don't steal my original youtube upload of batman clips thank you

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

now that we have successfully recruited the gamers the arguing in this thread may finally end and we can focus on the first issue together, as an SJW community:

Who the gently caress is lumping me in? Don't co-opt my identity, shitlord

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

As someone who literally has sex with men I will pretend to find your subtle hint that anal sex is a negative consequence for my actions offensive and instantly leap to assuming you're an unrepentant homophobe.

Now pretend I actually did that and you might be able to empathize with "the other side". If it helps I do literally have anal sex with men.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally i think when a woman does anything in the public eye, it's extremely triggering and causes me to post post post.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, Mass Effect was pretty cool.

You can't even bed Tali if you played as a woman. Inclusivity my rear end! :rolleyes:

Multiplayer ruled, though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
retsupurae has stolen hundreds of videos and has still not faced youtube justice, Gamers are being oppressed everywhere it seems

we must help our newfound justice-pals by boycotting everything that features STOLEN clips of cyberathletes playing their esports

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

i nominate lividliquids or whatever

dude is seriously hosed in the head

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
at least she made a video that did what she intended to do, unlike that dude who asked for money to make a counterargument video and ~disappeared~

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

As someone who literally has sex with men I will pretend to find your subtle hint that anal sex is a negative consequence for my actions offensive and instantly leap to assuming you're an unrepentant homophobe.

you misread me SJW brother, I offer you as the front of the buttfuck train as a privilege, for you have the loosest butthole yet the greatest heart, you shall experience the orgasms of a thousand SJWizards!

im glad we as SJW brethren can calmly explain ourselves, instead of throwing our hands in the air and declaring all gay men are like thee

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ArbitraryC posted:

Sounds like you're sexist and just can't accept basic feminism 101 points, it's the only reason to say anything negative about her work after all.

Oh no, I disagree with her on some points. Woe is me the misogynist.

Daynab posted:

I think you're overthinking this. The original "plot" was to ask for six thousand dollars for better video production to make a webseries. Who do you think made things blow up as much as they did? Hint: it wasn't feminists

Gamers definitely did blow it up far more than it would have with crap like domestic violence the game, you got me on that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

retsupurae has stolen hundreds of videos and has still not faced youtube justice, Gamers are being oppressed everywhere it seems
Retsupurae is openly billed as a thing that makes fun of other people's lets plays. Anita got 160 thousand dollars in a kickstarter where she said she'd be playing the games then just took footage from other people and frequently misquoted ingame lore to the point it was obvious she didn't play it, but never actually credited or mentioned she didn't play the game. I honestly think it's kind of a dumb side point to make (because you don't really need to play the games to note the jiggle physics are over the topc), but it's far less irrational or hypocritical than you're making it out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Dapper Dan posted:

Oh no, I disagree with her on some points. Woe is me the misogynist.

admittance is the first step towards repentance

• Locked thread