Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
If you're pre-ordering through miniaturemarket, keep in mind they don't ship your order until all the pre-order bits are in.

Decimators are wicked fun to play.

A friend and I did a 60pt game (trying to get it done in our lunch hour) and I just loaded up a 60 point decimator and had a blast.

Are there better rules for sub-100 point games? We have about an hour to play after getting food situated, and if there is a fair and balanced (60pts was not, but that's because my buddy brought Dash Rendar and tried to scale him up to 60 and he really maxes at 50) point value I'd love to try it.

Some goon posted some FFA rules a while back and we've been using that with single ships and having a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LoG posted:

Ah, I thought the Decimator was part of the S&V wave. I'll go ahead and put in a preorder for it.

Decimators are this wave, Scum stuff is the start of next wave.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Played a game Saturday morning. The game ended with Darth Vader and Han Solo with 1 hull left each, and Darth Vader had a faceup damage card that negated all of his special abilities. He rolled his attack and came up with one hit. I had a focus, but I rolled my one die and it came up blank. The game came down to one last roll of the dice. Great game, and everyone should play the Star Wars soundtrack while playing it.

drat I love this game.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
So I should have one of everything by the end of the week except an A-wing but I will probably grab the Aces pack to get one of those. With 2 core sets I'll have 2 X-Wings and 4 ties. Are there any ships I should get multiples of now while I have some cash? Trying to some what future proof my collection.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Have we heard anything further on the Scum and Villainy ships? Any further features or spoilers?

I am so excited to see how the new faction is really going to shape up. :science:

LoG posted:

So I should have one of everything by the end of the week except an A-wing but I will probably grab the Aces pack to get one of those. With 2 core sets I'll have 2 X-Wings and 4 ties. Are there any ships I should get multiples of now while I have some cash? Trying to some what future proof my collection.

Grab one of each of the Xwing and Tie expansions to go with the core sets, they have some fantastic pilots and each ship is solid for its' role. Multiple Headhunters might also be in order.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Looks like my store started running a lot of falcons cuz of how much I dominated with it for two months. Weekly tournament is tonight and I want more shield tokens or a nicely painted ship.

I'm unfamiliar with a falcon-heavy meta but I'm assuming that 3 Z's is worse than a higher PS z with a Biggs or tarn Mison? I've only ever played against a falcon list once and I've noticed that it's better to try and shoot the falcon first instead of the support ships because of the point weight and the survivability of the falcon in the first place.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
What in the hell is Fat Han? Google is telling me it's an unbeatable ship but that's all I can gather.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Han, C3PO, engine upgrade, falcon title, gunner or Luke skywalker, predator or veteran instinct. It is specifically designed as a counter against phantoms.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Well that doesn't sound near as cool as it did in my head. I'd hoped Porkins was involved.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

He can be used as a support ship (fat bait) for Han.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
At least "Fat Han" is more descriptive than "Han Shoots First", which from what I can tell is used to describe any list that includes Han.

My personal HSF list has Roark raising Tarn Mison's pilot skill to 12 so that Han doesn't shoot first. I call it "Special Edition". It is not a Fat Han list because Han's only upgrade is a Gunner.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

At least "Fat Han" is more descriptive than "Han Shoots First", which from what I can tell is used to describe any list that includes Han.

Han Shoots First is Han + Veteran Instincts which puts him at PS11, which is better than any Phantom could be, so he gets to shoot before they recloak.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Poopy Palpy posted:

My personal HSF list has Roark raising Tarn Mison's pilot skill to 12 so that Han doesn't shoot first. I call it "Special Edition". It is not a Fat Han list because Han's only upgrade is a Gunner.

I was under the impression Pilot Skill caps at 10 regardless of upgrades; is that not the case?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Han Shoots First is Han + Veteran Instincts which puts him at PS11, which is better than any Phantom could be, so he gets to shoot before they recloak.

HSF was a thing way before Phantoms, back when VI was a novelty you might throw on Turr so that all your ships were PS9 but pretty much a waste of an EPT slot.

Ville Valo posted:

I was under the impression Pilot Skill caps at 10 regardless of upgrades; is that not the case?

Yeah, there's no upper bound.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Ville Valo posted:

Roarke specifically sets someone at 12 once per turn, which beats the highest naturally achievable PS, 9+2(Veteran Instinct)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

There's nothing printed anywhere that says that it does, so no reason to assume so, basically.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Goddamn Amazon shipping to Australia is murder :stare: I've been scouring local stores for A-Wings (hah, I know) and Interceptors but turning up empty. I can order an Interceptor and Imperial Aces online but $80 after shipping for 3 ships is just a little bit too steep for me.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Is anyone else participating in the Team Covenant VASSAL tournament that just started?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Poopy Palpy posted:

HSF was a thing way before Phantoms, back when VI was a novelty you might throw on Turr so that all your ships were PS9 but pretty much a waste of an EPT slot.

One of the biggest disappointments me and my friend had when we began playing was that Han DIDN'T shoot first, Soontir did.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
A guy I work with has fallen down this rabbit hole DEEP. I've been feeding him a steady diet of goon knowledge which has helped him out a lot but today he stopped by and asked "What kind of case should I buy to store epic level ships like the Tantive and Rebel ship?". I said I'd ask the experts.. Experts, please advise?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

he1ixx posted:

A guy I work with has fallen down this rabbit hole DEEP. I've been feeding him a steady diet of goon knowledge which has helped him out a lot but today he stopped by and asked "What kind of case should I buy to store epic level ships like the Tantive and Rebel ship?". I said I'd ask the experts.. Experts, please advise?

Look up non-Plano storage on bgg. It's a Stanley case that the one guy uses. There may be better options but it looked pretty good.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Indolent Bastard posted:

Look up non-Plano storage on bgg. It's a Stanley case that the one guy uses. There may be better options but it looked pretty good.

I'll relay the info. I got a text from him last night. "Tantive acquired".

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

pbpancho posted:

Is anyone else participating in the Team Covenant VASSAL tournament that just started?
I am not, but I went through everyone's lists last night, and it looks to be a drat fun tourney.

I like your missile list. Have you run the Z swarm before?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

he1ixx posted:

I'll relay the info. I got a text from him last night. "Tantive acquired".

Found the page in question

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/943758/my-non-plano-storage-solution-now-storing-epic-shi

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

KO Derf posted:

I am not, but I went through everyone's lists last night, and it looks to be a drat fun tourney.

I like your missile list. Have you run the Z swarm before?

Yeah, in three different local events. Had a winning record in them all but it definitely struggles against anything with two super maneuverable threats, or a really well flown Phantom. Only lost to Soontir/Whisper/yorr twice, Soontir/Carnor/turr, and another Soontir/Whisper list. I can nuke one Phantom or interceptor, but if they still have a strong closer left it gets ugly. It's death to Falcons/Firespray/shuttle/Decimator though. And a lot of fun to fly!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im in it and I got paired with a guy I play regularly irl in the first round.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Thanks!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This holds both my epic ships and has a ton of room for any new ones that come out:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-Aluminum-Case-69318.html

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Goddamn, rolling six attack dice, getting 5 hits and 1 crit, and one-shotting a 42 point cloaked Whisper is a loving rush.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If he flew within range 1 of a APT ship he deserves death

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

zVxTeflon posted:

If he flew within range 1 of a APT ship he deserves death

He flew within range 3 of an HLC armed Ibitsam with opportunist, failed to one-shot Jan (but just barely) and got his focus stripped by Jansen.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Do the Tantive and the Rebel Transport not actually move around the board?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

CODChimera posted:

Do the Tantive and the Rebel Transport not actually move around the board?

They do; they get their own weird and fancy movement ruler thing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What kind of movements is it? Kinda interested to see what one plays like...

edit: video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66wmDMf-jtQ

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 19, 2014

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

CODChimera posted:

What kind of movements is it? Kinda interested to see what one plays like...

Haven't used my transport yet, but if the Tantive is any sort of indication, they move really drat slowly. Last two epic games I played, my CR-90 barely made it across the board at a slight angle before the end. I found it to be most useful to keep one side of the ship oriented towards the bulk of the enemy forces and move as far as I could while charging all my weapons to max energy. Just keep pumping out shots on anything with low agility.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Look at this jerk hogging all the Decimators

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Cross-postin' from the Cinema Thread:
I feel the urge to do my Rebel repaints as this now, knowing it'll be official eventually!

Spoilered in case anyone cares about fly-over photos from the Episode VII set, sorry about large but the timg tag doesn't play nicely with the spoiler one:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Shockeh posted:

I feel the urge to do my Rebel repaints as this now, knowing it'll be official eventually!

Spoilered in case anyone cares about fly-over photos from the Episode VII set, sorry about large but the timg tag doesn't play nicely with the spoiler one:

It's a different model ship, though! None of the T-65s will be in this paint scheme. :byodood:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Apparently Rebel Aces shipped from miniature market today, thought it would be later this week. Go AB Wing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shockeh posted:

Be. Still. My. Heart.

Seriously, I'm trying to temper my expectations for the sequels, but then you go and post this for me to drool over...

• Locked thread