Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poke
Mar 1, 2004
It's more along the lines of Thoguh being butthurt about hiring Gene Chizik and then Paul Rhoads. Stop blaming the SEC for your dumbass hirings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Not saying that they've shown so currently. I was saying that , given the results to far, if at the end of the season there is an undefeated Big XII team, a 1 loss Big XII team, an undefeated SEC team, and a one loss SEC team, that the second Big XII team would have a better argument to be included in the 4 team playoff than the second SEC team would.

At this point, the top two teams in the SEC have shown themselves to be only marginally better than two mid tier Big XII teams. One at home and one on the road.

Nah, the Big 12 sucks this year and thus the SEC is slightly better than sucking.

Playoffs:
PAC 12 #1
PAC 12 #2
BYU
Notre Dame

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

How come I've never seen this gem?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's pretty easily my favorite Nebraska game ever.

Also I'm bored and was reading through ESPN's preview of last night's game and ouch:

quote:

Kansas State's X factor: The Wildcats quietly have one of the better kickers in college football in junior Jack Cantele, who only missed two field goals last season. If this game goes down to the wire, it could come down to a kick. West Virginia and Iowa State showed last weekend that having a reliable kicker can be the difference in winning and losing. The Wildcats should feel good about their chances if it comes down to Cantele, who has the experience of booting a 41-yard game-winner to beat TCU last year. – Trotter

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

It's pretty easily my favorite Nebraska game ever.

Also I'm bored and was reading through ESPN's preview of last night's game and ouch:

:ironicat:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I actually know Cade Foster, if one of you can get me Cantele's number I'll make sure he gets help

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Thoguh posted:

At this point, the top two teams in the SEC have shown themselves to be only marginally better than two mid tier Big XII teams. One at home and one on the road.

Alabama-WVU was a neutral field, not an Alabama home game. It doesn't matter. At the end of the day, winning is winning. Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech, and WVU have all lost their OOC games. The two wins by ISU and TCU came against the Big10. Baylor plays no one OOC. Oklahoma over Tennessee was the best win but no one should've picked the Vols in that one.

What I don't get is why people are so defensive about the BigXII in this thread. I think we're all pretty open minded on here. ESPN can't hear you.

Also, that Nebraska video is amazin'.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

LLCoolJD posted:

At the end of the day, winning is winning.

This. The Big XII really needed to win one of those questionable games (OSU, KSU, WVU) to be able to stake a claim to being the top conference this year. I think top to bottom the Big XII can stand up to any conference, but winning at least one of those games would have really helped the perception.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The only game on that list against the top of the Big XII was Oklahoma. You could just as easily point out that two second tier Big XII teams, K-State and WVU, held their own just fine against two top tier SEC teams and the top of the Big XII did just fine against a mid tier SEC team. But ESPN won't spend a lot of time bringing that up because ESPN. Given the common games if Baylor and Oklahoma only have one loss between them I think the Big XII has a better argument for having two teams in the playoff than the SEC does.

I'd just be happy if my AFF MAN ESPN campaign results in the big 12 actually getting a more or less guaranteed playoff spot provided the champion doesn't poo poo the bed somewhere multiple times. Instead we're already fighting a bunch of talking heads and people who influence athletic directors and playoff voters that "the sec is so tough they should get 2 or 3 playoff spots and Notre Dame" and all sorts of crap. At first I thought we were good when the Big 10 got destroyed but now I don't even think that's enough. Here's what we need: All big 5 conference champions get automatic bid, 3 at large bids from the committee for their extra sec bs and notre dame, 8 team playoff. Then it wouldn't matter so much. Instead its every conference fighting for scraps leftover from the SEC even though I think most people can realize that the SEC is good but its not just miles above every other conference and no one wants to see repeat playoff games between SEC teams that already played each other twice (once in the regular season, once in the conf championship, once in the playoff)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

The fear of SEC crowding the playoff is silly. Everyone wants to see teams from around the country in the playoff. I want to see how the SEC's best stacks up against the best from the PAC12 and other conferences. It's too early to call, but Oregon/Bama/Oklahoma/Notre Dame sounds better to me than Oregon/Bama/Texas A&M/Notre Dame.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm gonna leave this here because I feel like it's going to be incredibly applicable to someone's game this weekend, just not sure who yet:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

The fear of SEC crowding the playoff is silly. Everyone wants to see teams from around the country in the playoff. I want to see how the SEC's best stacks up against the best from the PAC12 and other conferences. It's too early to call, but Oregon/Bama/Oklahoma/Notre Dame sounds better to me than Oregon/Bama/Texas A&M/Notre Dame.

I agree, but remember there was an all sec championship game that no one watched.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Really stoked to be heading to Nashville tomorrow. This team could use a stress-free, tune-up blowout win in the worst way, but I'm sure Vanderbilt will make it uncomfortable as always.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

anne frank fanfic posted:

I agree, but remember there was an all sec championship game that no one watched.

I think we will get double SEC when it is two 11-1 teams that didn't play each other because the league is so big that it is possible for a situation where there is a lot of space between, for example, an 11-1 Georgia and an 11-1 Bama that never played each other and only have 3 or 4 common opponents.

Don't think we will get two West teams in unless one is undefeated #1 and the other one lost to the undefeated team in OT or something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

I'm gonna leave this here because I feel like it's going to be incredibly applicable to someone's game this weekend, just not sure who yet:

That's Jeff Driskel taking the snap tomorrow.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Scarf posted:

Florida_Offense.gif

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

That's Jeff Driskel taking the snap tomorrow.

don't get my hopes up like this guys

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

don't get my hopes up like this guys

I don't see any possible sequence of events that don't result in you guys rolling by three touchdowns at least.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

LeeMajors posted:

I don't see any possible sequence of events that don't result in you guys rolling by three touchdowns at least.

Maybe something like that thing Nebraska did against Iowa State with the 8 turnovers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Maybe something like that thing Nebraska did against Iowa State with the 8 turnovers.

I mean, it could happen.

But UF hasn't done anything on offense that makes me think they can compete against Bama.

Not to mention what Amari Cooper is going to do to our secondary. :ohdear: Should be rated X.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

No matter how many times I watch this, it is never not funny.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

4 turnovers in the redzone and all we had to do is kick a field goal at any time to win. And it was Alex Henery's best year, to boot. :negative:

I had the misfortune of being at that game and it was the strangest atmosphere I had ever seen. Nobody was really worried about losing until the last five minutes or so. The defense was playing great and we didn't have much trouble driving down the field, so everyone was just waiting for us to kick the field goal and ride the rest of the game out.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I think we will get double SEC when it is two 11-1 teams that didn't play each other because the league is so big that it is possible for a situation where there is a lot of space between, for example, an 11-1 Georgia and an 11-1 Bama that never played each other and only have 3 or 4 common opponents.

Don't think we will get two West teams in unless one is undefeated #1 and the other one lost to the undefeated team in OT or something.

this is why i hate the new cfb landscape. bring back the big 8 and the swc dagnabbit

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Morby posted:

Florida_Offense.gif

I was never a big fan of Chris Leak. I thought he played afraid, slid too early, and was given too much credit during the championship season (he did well against Ohio State but it would seem everyone did after that first kickoff return). Clearly, I was a spoiled Florida fan who didn't realize how fortunate he was at the time.

Driskel needs a laugh track and zany Looney Toons sound effects when he's running plays. If he shocks the world and carries the team to victory this weekend I will gladly eat crow.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 19, 2014

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Driskel needs a laugh track and zany Looney Toons sound effects when he's running plays.

Leak had 3 OCs in 4 years. He won a title when he finally had some continuity.

Every time I think about Driskel or Brantley I just.....:ughh:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

*Root* for UF with me https://twitter.com/UF/status/512954063169003520/photo/1

seriously though go gata

(Not-at-a-Neutral-site) road games vs ranked major conference teams 2005-2014

BXII 14 (3-11 rec)
B1G 18 (3-15 rec)
P12 23 (6-17 rec)
SEC 25 (11-14 rec)
ACC 37 (5-32 rec)

VT's win snapped something like a 20 game losing streak for the ACC.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 19, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That's... random.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

pillsburysoldier posted:

BXII 14 (3-11 rec)
SEC 25 (11-14 rec)

Paging AFF

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
UGA just had a gun threat a couple hours ago at Tate Plaza. Weird as hell, guess we're a real school now.

Apparently his demands were to "run the drat ball"

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

seriously though go gata

BXII 14 (3-11 rec)
B1G 18 (3-15 rec)
P12 23 (6-17 rec)
SEC 25 (11-14 rec)
ACC 37 (5-32 rec)

Interesting stat, thanks!

I guess beet juice is becoming A Thing. There was an article about Auburn's team drinking it prior to yesterday's game.

I seriously expect Bama to dominate Florida tomorrow and win by 2 or 3 TDs. None of my friends think it will go that way, but I just can't see it going any other way. Florida's offense is not gonna do anything much against Bama's defense. Bama's offense only has to do just enough in the first half, since Florida's defense is basically going to have to play the whole game.

every
Apr 24, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

UGA just had a gun threat a couple hours ago at Tate Plaza. Weird as hell, guess we're a real school now.

Apparently his demands were to "run the drat ball"

Are you currently a student there? or are you a grad

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I graduated in 2013, just visiting for the weekend.

Gonna hit up Copper Creek tonight and hopefully not die of heatstroke at the game.

every
Apr 24, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Gonna hit up Copper Creek tonight and hopefully not die of heatstroke at the game.

I met my future wife at Copper Creek :3:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Drinks lots of their pumpkin ale for me kthx

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
What am I an Alpha Gam

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
You all need to click this video:

http://youtu.be/hofMXThbJac

It is the best/worst hype video ever made that is making the rounds.

Background: A still unknown Ole Miss fan has a troll account on SECRant by the name of DanMullins4Life and he puts out such high quality and original trolls that he is basically the most popular MSU poster. He put this video out two days ago, and a good number of LSU fans and low level media people actually think it is real. I got a big laugh out of it, and you should too. It's all worth it for the last ten seconds.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Morby posted:

Interesting stat, thanks!

I guess beet juice is becoming A Thing. There was an article about Auburn's team drinking it prior to yesterday's game.

I seriously expect Bama to dominate Florida tomorrow and win by 2 or 3 TDs. None of my friends think it will go that way, but I just can't see it going any other way. Florida's offense is not gonna do anything much against Bama's defense. Bama's offense only has to do just enough in the first half, since Florida's defense is basically going to have to play the whole game.

Alabama's defense is only good against the run, our secondary is like, abysmal outside of landon collins

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ahh nah

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

You all need to click this video:

http://youtu.be/hofMXThbJac

It is the best/worst hype video ever made that is making the rounds.

Background: A still unknown Ole Miss fan has a troll account on SECRant by the name of DanMullins4Life and he puts out such high quality and original trolls that he is basically the most popular MSU poster. He put this video out two days ago, and a good number of LSU fans and low level media people actually think it is real. I got a big laugh out of it, and you should too. It's all worth it for the last ten seconds.

How in the world do people think that's anything but a troll?

I always wanted to put a John Brantley/Jeff Driskel highlight video together with upbeat j-pop, sprinkling in anime fight scenes. One of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

seriously though go gata

BXII 14 (3-11 rec)
B1G 18 (3-15 rec)
P12 23 (6-17 rec)
SEC 25 (11-14 rec)
ACC 37 (5-32 rec)

The low number of games is because everyone is afraid to schedule the big 12

• Locked thread