Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OK, can we please let the Cosmic Key thing go now that he outright said it's the belts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Oh, Stardust let it slip.

Cody Rhodes is Kevin Steen?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

Cody Rhodes is Kevin Steen?

No he's Chris Hero.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

No he's Chris Hero.

Chris Hero ate Cody Rhodes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

No he's Chris Hero.

He said overweight not a loving fat slob.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody Rhodes wishes he was half the worker Chris Hero is, he's barely half the man at this point.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Cody Rhodes wishes he was half the worker Chris Hero is, he's barely half the man at this point.

hahaha yesss

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
What's so bad about the Ascension?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cornwind Evil posted:

They are middling (at best) wrestlers with a really lame look.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Tickets to Larryland are still available. He'll even throw in a demonstration on cinching up the STF for free. :getin:

Well, here it is. A completely wrong post. Everyone admire it for a moment, just soak it in before moving on.

I'll loving fight you Chokes McGee

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Cornwind Evil posted:

*a voice burps from a grate by the side of the road, deep and echoing* "KRONIK kronik kronik"

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I'll loving fight you Chokes McGee

I will stand by you, whether you like it or not.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Valeyard posted:

I will stand by you, whether you like it or not.

Please don't take my side Valeyard.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Valeyard: the last kid picked for dodgeball.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Please don't take my side Valeyard.

:negative:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Delsaber posted:

Valeyard: the last kid picked for dodgeball.

there's a difference between the last kid picked and the handicap.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gonna stop this derail right here and ask what the actual consensus is on Cena Wins LOL this Sunday

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

Gonna stop this derail right here and ask what the actual consensus is on Cena Wins LOL this Sunday

I'm reasonably sure Brock retains (since when has any major change happened on NoC?) but it remains a possibility up until the match itself, due to McMahon's love of hotshot booking.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Valeyard posted:

Wouldn't make a lick of sense, but still distinctly possible. Like ~40% of Cena PPV matches.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm reasonably sure Brock retains (since when has any major change happened on NoC?) but it remains a possibility up until the match itself, due to McMahon's love of hotshot booking.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Wouldn't make a lick of sense, but still distinctly possible. Like ~40% of Cena PPV matches.

Do you think that Brock having the title, with the way his schedule is, has worked out in between PPVs? It didn't seem as bad as I expected, of course without Heyman it wouldn't work but still.

I agree Brock will likely win, but will it be another complete domination and they will stretch the story out more or...will Cena get in some decent offense this time. Who knows

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Valeyard posted:

The betting odds have Brock as a massive favorite. The bookies are rarely wrong.

I think Cena/Heyman just did a great job of planting a seed of doubt among fans and those in the Wrestling media.

My personal pick is that Cena gets DQ'd and they do yet another Cena-Lesnar match inside the Hell in the Cell.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

Daniel Bryan won the WWE Championship at last year's NOC. :colbert:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

My personal pick is that Cena gets DQ'd and they do yet another Cena-Lesnar match inside the Hell in the Cell.

That's true, another Brock and Cena HIAC would be probably be pretty good and at least feels like a bigger deal than NoC despite it's gimmicky nature

ayn rand hand job posted:

Daniel Bryan won the WWE Championship at last year's NOC. :colbert:

Yeah he said "anything major" lol

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

rovert posted:

The betting odds have Brock as a massive favorite. The bookies are rarely wrong.

I think Cena/Heyman just did a great job of planting a seed of doubt among fans and those in the Wrestling media.

Cena's gonna turn more and more desperate compromising his morals more and more until he finally beats a titleless Brock Lesnar at Summerslam using the powers of hustle, loyalty and respect

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Smoking Crow posted:

Cena's gonna turn more and more desperate compromising his morals more and more until he finally beats a titleless Brock Lesnar at Summerslam using the powers of hustle, loyalty and respect

It would actually be kind of funny if after Roman Reigns beating him at WM30, Cena kept trying to beat Lesner, failing the whole time, and turned heel at SS to finally put down Lesner long after it mattered, leading into Reigns V Cena

It would never happen, obviously, so please don't have the mountain of posts that always follow this with 'Cena is never turning'. I know this. It is just a funny image.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Valeyard posted:

That's true, another Brock and Cena HIAC would be probably be pretty good and at least feels like a bigger deal than NoC despite it's gimmicky nature

When reviewing Raw Bryan Alvarez said that someone in WWE (a writer I assume) told him that expect 5 more weeks of this. "This" meaning crap, holding pattern episodes of Raw akin to last Monday's show. Based on that I don't expect a title change.

Apparently they are going to care about Survivor Series. But we were told Night of Champions was going to be a massive show due to it being the first WWE Network renewal month.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cornwind Evil posted:

They are okay and only look horribly boring because most of their run at NXT consisted of 2-4 minute squash matches and they do a total elimination finisher which is a move I didn't know was that hated.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

rovert posted:

It has nothing to do with the booking towards this match, but rather WWE's histroy of ineptness and bad decisions.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Despite just saying it was ok, I don't think they could hold my attention with another 5 weeks of that drivel

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The Ascension are real cool in my book. Album cover shoulder tats, Nile looking gear and music, and working real stiff, borderline unsafe. If they were called up today they'd be my second favorite team going today after the Dusts, faint praise as it is.

I was super into LOD as a kid and Acolytes as a teen for the same reasons more or less. Heavy metal tag teams that lay it in on their opponents with much more brute force than technique are v. much my poo poo. Even Kronik would stop my channel surfing on WCW back in the day, but I always mark for Bryan Clark, dude was goddamn Adam Bomb.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I haven't watched RAW the last 3 weeks. how is the Diva's title AJ Lee vs Paige vs Nikki Bella?

Does the pre show explain the storylines before the PPV starts?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

I haven't watched RAW the last 3 weeks. how is the Diva's title AJ Lee vs Paige vs Nikki Bella?

the pre-show always runs down the card, yeah

imo that feud is horrible and the crowd reacts less and less to it every single week

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ribsauce posted:

It involves the Bellas. Do you want your head to explode or not?

edit:

Cutting out anything Brie related. Nikki asked for a title shot after SummerSlam, Stephanie gave it to her, AJ invoked the rematch clause. Triple threat.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 20, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Last I saw AJ Lee and Paige were doing awkward hugs and The Bellas were nowhere near them. My guess is Steph awarded Nikki a title shot for screwing over Brie but then what happened to Brie and....oh gently caress why do I care?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

Last I saw AJ Lee and Paige were doing awkward hugs and The Bellas were nowhere near them. My guess is Steph awarded Nikki a title shot for screwing over Brie but then what happened to Brie and....oh gently caress why do I care?

They moved on from forced hugs into full on antagonism and mind games (skipping around and caressing one another), none of which seems to click with the crowd and then the Bella stuff happened exactly as you described. Brie is not in the match because Steph hates her and has no reason to add her. I would imagine she either screws Nikki out of the title or winds up being her first feud after Nikki wins.

I guess I thought we'd moved past the AJ Is Crazy stuff, but maybe something a little more traditional was too much to hope for.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 20, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I think whoever decided that the Bella "feud" needed the title to put more butts in seats or whatever. I can't imagine the mindset you need to have in order to justify putting a belt no one cares about into a feud no one cares about, or that zero multiplied by zero will equal money.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

at times the Brie/Nikki/Steph stuff has been very hot but any time they are required to speak at length it is agonizing. The simple confrontations where Brie stands up to Steph and calls her a bitch are lightyears ahead of the long dramatic scenes they seem to insist upon doing to cement Nikki's heel turn.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

their names are Konnor and Viktor.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

their names are Konnor and Viktor.

Sadistik Exekution has taught me that "c"s are superfluous so I'm not seeing the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Dean Ambrose turns heel on Sunday I will honest to god consider it the dumbest heel turn in WWE history. Yes, dumber than Austin at X-Seven.

• Locked thread