Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Invite me whenever. Will be on all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Aishan posted:

The exotic bounty machine gun is kinda garbage, horrible stability, I can see why it has the "you get back the bullets you miss" effect if it's going to spray everywhere like that. The Zombie Apocalypse I have is so much better, massive clip and unbeatable accuracy in comparison.

Yep. Beginning to notice that. This is my first exotic bounty...

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Anyone else with the bad juju notice that the gun and fire effect it has takes up over half the screen? I can hardly see mans to shoot with it since its so large and distracting.

...and this is my second. God damnit.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Would a brand new level 26 and a similarly leveled group get destroyed by the level 28 weekly? That's the only way I'll be able to get enough coins for those sweet warlock gloves from Xur. If it's not futile, I'd like to try later tonight. PS4, PSN is GaussianBlur.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Invite me whenever. Will be on all day.

What's your PSN? I'm wanting to raid too

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
How have I not noticed and why the gently caress am I doing far less damage to lower level targets :psyduck:
Now even level 19-29 enemies have something like 50% damage mitigation.
I've had to give up on a Moon public event just now because my loving level 20 exotic weapons could not kill a loving level 8 target.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 20, 2014

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How do you join a faction? I guess I should get in on that action. What's the rundown on their stats+general look again?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Captain Oblivious posted:

That Destiny is a "full game" is as close to objective fact as it can get. People can say they want more, but to do the story, all the Strikes, and the Vault of Glass is enough hours to constitute a full game by any reasonable metric.

Whether you wanted more or not is irrelevant to that particular question.

The number of hours involved have nothing to do with making it a 'full game.'

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ShowTime posted:

Yep. Beginning to notice that. This is my first exotic bounty...

...and this is my second. God damnit.

At least you've gotten an exotic bounty.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Bubba Smith posted:

What's your PSN? I'm wanting to raid too

CM Brick

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I declare that this is not a full game because Bungie

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Looking for one more for the weekly. Join drinwalk or MerrilGrinch's fireteam on ps4 if interested.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

How have I not noticed and why the gently caress am I doing far less damage to lower level targets :psyduck:
Now even level 19-29 enemies have something like 50% damage mitigation.
I've had to give up on a Moon public event just now because my loving level 20 exotic weapons could not kill a loving level 8 target.
May be a lag issue, you should kill level 8 in 2-3 hits.

Jorgan
Nov 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
We've got a group of four people on ps4 right now for the raid. If anyone else wants in, send a message to Jorgan-74 or IllogicalCandy on psn.

Make that one more person.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.

SLOSifl posted:

I got The Last Word from my second crucible match. Hells yeah. Now I love huge packs of shanks... Pop, pop, pop, pop, etc.

Easily the coolest gun in the game. Having this weapon makes you feel like a rootin tootin, gun spinnin, hip firin, hammer fannin space cowboy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The targets for the "keep the enemy from reaching the checkpoints" public events have crazy high damage resistance, I've never been able to down one by myself.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

What makes it a full game then? Would it have been simply the game succeeding to do all it set out to do and impressed while cutting the stuff not fully fleshed out?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have tried everything to get this game to work. My ports are forwarded I have a static ip I have never had a problem with any other game before. I am on xbox 360 and I don't know what to do. The game is awesome and I have been able to get to level 11 but it just seems my connections issues will never be resolved. Should I give up and return the game or should I wait it out because it's a problem on bungie's side?

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

May be a lag issue, you should kill level 8 in 2-3 hits.

Nah in the public events if it is one of those checkpoint guys it will take a long time if you try it solo, even as high lightlevel in my experience.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Ularg posted:

What makes it a full game then? Would it have been simply the game succeeding to do all it set out to do and impressed while cutting the stuff not fully fleshed out?

I'm not really sure. For the record, I'm very happy with the purchase and hope they keep releasing new content. I just happen to find the current endgame immensely unsatisfying, and given that 'the game starts at level 20' it makes the game feel a bit incomplete. Mostly I think doing strikes over and over is extremely boring and stupid. So that just leaves pvp and grinding faction rep.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I'm not really sure. For the record, I'm very happy with the purchase and hope they keep releasing new content. I just happen to find the current endgame immensely unsatisfying, and given that 'the game starts at level 20' it makes the game feel a bit incomplete. Mostly I think doing strikes over and over is extremely boring and stupid. So that just leaves pvp and grinding faction rep.

Do bounties and the daily and weekly heroic stuff then instead of strikes. You don't have to do strikes I mean unless you have that bounty that requires 25 strikes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dead Orbit is all about getting the gently caress out of dodge. gently caress Earth, gently caress the Traveler, lets abandon ship before the Darkness arrives.

New Monarchy is all about the City. They are trying to pull a Romam Empire and "through a vote of the Consensus, abolish the Consensus and install a singular sovereign of unimpeachable character". They believe that only through decisive singular leadership can the Golden Age be restored. Executor Hideo often says stuff like "The Guardians don't realize how bad it is down in the City", suggesting that outside the cocoon the Guardians live in the actual surviving population isn't exactly thriving.

I know it is not necessarily relevant to the immediate narrative but I'd love to see what life was like for a regular earthican in this era.
[edit]

Are they poor? By what standards? Shantytown Elysium third world poo poo? Or future-poor in that they are poor but they have interesting future tech, (to us, the observers.)

Do they look up and shake their fists at the Guardians and the tower for being cultish? Ridiculous? Priveleged?

Do they cheer every time a Guardian ship flies low like they are seeing Spiderman?

So much poo poo that I'd love to know. (For once not blaming the game narrative, that's fringe poo poo. I'd just love to know. :) )

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 20, 2014

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Does anyone know where to get the Monte Carlo? I need an assault rifle designed by Apple with a sword for a bayonet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Still can't get anything good or get in a group. Man this game is boring alone.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

What does then?

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Still can't get anything good or get in a group. Man this game is boring alone.

Are you ps4? Add psn: mrobesity or join irc. I talk a lot so that might be your cup of tea

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Well currently there's several Crucible modes, patrols, strikes, daily heroic story missions, bounties, exotic bounties weekly heroic strikes, weekly nightfall strikes and raids. And there's more stuff to come like Iron Banner and the Queen of the Awoken stuff. Each and any can be done alone, with strangers or with friends.

I do think that some kind of variance would be appreciated. A mode where your fireteam explores the lost First Fleet of Saturn with procedurally generated mini-Strikes. Or perhaps your fireteam intercepting and taking out hostile targets invading The Rift. Being able to at least do custom Crucible matches where you can get your friends together for a match against each other on any map they want, even if XP and loot drops have to be disabled. Or being able to do a custom strike where you can add modifiers for increased XP/Loot gain.

But I find it hard to believe someone when they say they've seen it all. And if you had seen it all you were probably overly invested on the game to begin with to clear everything so early. I wonder how the same people feel about WoW, either past iterations or the current form. Where running the same dungeons, raids and encounters is the norm, but after years and years of content there is just so much for a new player to be expected to see all of. But a dedicated player from the beginning probably has been consuming faster than it gets made. It was surely a problem for Blizzard, having to try and please the hardcore crowd that just went through content at a break-neck pace. And it also makes me wish we could have a giant census on what type of game people expected. An MMO styled game, F2P or a game much like the Halo games they've made before.

But yeah, I do agree with you about repeating Strikes. It seems that there just isn't enough of them to actually keep them fresh. If I'm not mistaken World of Warcraft launched with more dungeons than Destiny. And they also had to make content that spanned across the entire leveling process and then expanded further at endgame. Destiny gets a little breathing room by making the entire experience more-or-less suitable for any level, while making the "endgame" pretty easy to reach.

I just really want to hear what people think, and not in a "throwing poo poo at each other for opinions" sort of way.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
My first legendary engram decrypted into an Exotic helmet "Light Beyond Nemesis" for the Warlock, I'm a Hunter :gonk:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Linx posted:

My first legendary engram decrypted into an Exotic helmet "Light Beyond Nemesis" for the Warlock, I'm a Hunter :gonk:

Now you know what your first alt will be! Making alts in this game is both inevitable and really easy due to the breakneck levelling rate to 20.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Now you know what your first alt will be! Making alts in this game is both inevitable and really easy due to the breakneck levelling rate to 20.

If I want to start a new character is it a 'clean slate' or do I still get to access all the locations and stuff that I have on my other characters?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm not making any alts until Bungie lets me skip their cutscenes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The public event targets have shields that recharge faster than most guns reload.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mill Village posted:

I'm not making any alts until Bungie lets me skip their cutscenes.

Yes, all 3 of them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Linx posted:

If I want to start a new character is it a 'clean slate' or do I still get to access all the locations and stuff that I have on my other characters?

Sorry, but you'll have to play through the story again to unlock all the locations. But there's a bright side. Remember those shiny second subclasses that you can't use at level 15? Sunsinger, Bladedancer, Defender? Well when you reach level 15 for the first time with any class, you not only unlock his second subclass, but every second subclass. That's right, make a hunter and be rocking the electric blade of doom from level 1. Or start putting out Thunder Domes by level 4.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

haveblue posted:

The public event targets have shields that recharge faster than most guns reload.

That's why I make my roll shield disruptor and just plink every few seconds and reload when needed. Unless I'm alone. Then I do my best to get silver.

Anyone know what the difference is between factions? Like a type of gear? or is it all random

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Anyone up to do the raid this saturday? My psn is EffEmmEll. 27 sunlock with headset. http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018432115024/2305843009216516213 is me. I'll be on later on today. I have purple gloves too which may or may not be on depending on pvp status.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Muffin Rhino posted:

The targets for the "keep the enemy from reaching the checkpoints" public events have crazy high damage resistance, I've never been able to down one by myself.

The targets are practically mini bosses. I've been able to get a few of them, the ones I've missed have had a shield. Do you need to reload? Well looks like Captain Bullet Sponge has half of his shield back up! And I'm at level 27.

The warlock's aoe grenade will occasionally mess up their path and they'll just stop and eat it, fwiw.

Edit: beaten :eng99:

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Did we figure out when we were going to raid today? ps4 retrosixtyseven

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Pladdicus posted:

That's why I make my roll shield disruptor and just plink every few seconds and reload when needed. Unless I'm alone. Then I do my best to get silver.

Anyone know what the difference is between factions? Like a type of gear? or is it all random

Each faction; Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and Future War Cult (best cult); has gear that favors two of the three attributes in the game. Intellect, Strength and Discipline. So Dead Orbit might be rocking gear with Strength and Discipline for melee and grenade cooldowns. New Monarchy roles with Intellect and Strength for Super recharge and melee cooldown while finally Future War Cult rocks out with their Intellect and Discipline out.

(I'm sorry, I watched a video of someone talking funny and now I can't stop typing like it)

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Thinking of buying a PS4 for this game (and Last Of Us). How much are you all enjoying the end game stuff?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BR0ME0 posted:

Did we figure out when we were going to raid today? ps4 retrosixtyseven

I think some people are already trying it. I have a couple hours free starting in a bit or I can go tonight. Whatever no biggie no rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

User0015 posted:

Thinking of buying a PS4 for this game (and Last Of Us). How much are you all enjoying the end game stuff?

Fun if repetitive, repeating strikes, story content and bounties. Challenging if annoying, where weekly strikes and nightfall strikes puts your coordination and tacitcal skills to the test, if only because enemies 1 or 2 shot you otherwise; while raids are more forgiving in damage, but you'll have to get game mechanics of the fight down to a T.

Broad question, there's a lot to like or to hate or to be confused on. So if there's anything in the OP that has you wondering, please ask.

Edit: And another reminder that a lot of us chill on synirc #destinygoons. Just head on over to http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ for a web browser based client that doesn't need any registration or downloads. Easy Peasy Cryptarch Squeezy.

Second Edit: Oh and Destiny/Last of Us isn't all there is to PS4, now and in the future. Seriously you should check out the other games it has out and coming up. From multiplats like Wolfenstein: New Order to cool exclusive indies like Resogun and future exclusives like Bloodborne.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 20, 2014

• Locked thread