Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Heaf posted:

even being from the suburbs (the mixed-income suburbs) i get it. i really like the actual city of washington dc and think it's cool and full of interesting poo poo but northern virginia is just awful and annoying

Alexandria rules.

Not that huge swath of Fairfax County that's a liar. Alexandria City.

We make fun of that contrived planned city across the river. We were here first damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Scionix posted:

wheez spotted

no sign :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What is Oregon's extra point kicker doing out there when they haven't scored a touchdown?

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Maybe I should give it a chance, but I've yet to see anything of note or interest in Phoenix. The food's been good though, which definitely counts for something.

I will admit, because of its Post WW2 pattern of development most of it isn't very walkable if you don't know where you're walking to. IE I can walk to all these places near me, because I know where they are. But Phoenix lacks a lot of "main street" sort of corridors full of cool poo poo all in a little row. So finding the cool stuff can be tricky for an outsider.

Hit up a bar called the Deuce next time you're in Phoenix. Or Durants for steaks. Or La Contesa, Barrio Cafe, or Gallo Blanco for Mexican. Hike Camelback Mountain while a Paradise Valley Stepford wife blows by you on the trail, visit the Desert Botanical Garden (its amazingly beautiful), or hit me up, I'm happy to show anyone around :)

Qwijib0 posted:

Phoenix has an identity crisis. There are pockets of good, sure. My dad lives in central phoenix near the bridal path, that's neat. I've got friends near FK and the rejuvination of north-central, windsor, federal pizza etc. I still have a small place in my heart for encanto park and the neighborhoods around the fairgrounds but the city as a whole, and I guess I'm talking metro area here now has no regional identity. You don't go to phoenix for anything that is authentically Phonecian. It's a monument to terrible urban design and one light rail link replacing the red line connecting ASU to downtown and chris-town doesn't salvage it. It's a step in the right direction though.

I'd disagree you "don't got to Phoenix for anything that is authentically Phoenician". Hiking Camelback, going to the DBG, the Bridle Path, Encanto Park, the amazing Mexican food...with dishes like cheese crisps and chimichangas actually being invented/popularized in Phoenix. I don't think it has a clear easily identifiable identity like say New Orleans, but that's part of being a super young city that wasn't real a "big city" until 1975 or so.

HooverDam fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 21, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
89 pass attempts? :psyduck:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

tranime scholar posted:

pac-12 teams have kickers?

not Arizona*

*Nominally we have one on our team, but he, and this goes for several "he's", is terrible

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

UT Dallas? I don't know anything about them.

or TCU

UT Dallas throws scholarships at anyone who even requests an information packet, but I've never heard of anyone actually going there. TCU has a very good undergrad business program, but their MBA program hasn't caught up.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
YES

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
drat, thought he was going to go all the way there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

89 pass attempts? :psyduck:

Mike Leach offense bich

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Man if Wazzou had more speed they'd have another two TDs in this game. Still awesome play though

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

drat it Wazzu WR #1! Dive!

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

oh my god go Cougs go

e: every time I go to Phoenix, I hate it and drive down to Rocky Point, which is where I am now (and it owns)

every
Apr 24, 2008

Cougs please save the night

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

UT Dallas throws scholarships at anyone who even requests an information packet, but I've never heard of anyone actually going there.

One of my cousins went there. That's the only reason I knew there was a UT Dallas.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Probably Magic posted:

Tonight is cool. Really cool and smooth. Like... a vanilla ice cream cone. That kind of smooth.

drat that sounds good.

Also cougs are puttin up a hell of a fight. I kinda want the ducks to win but I'd be ok with cougs too.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I feel like putting our 7 wide receivers would be way more of a Mike Leach move.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Wazzu just RAN for a 1st!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
heh, more points but it means nothing cause our defense is Very Bad.

:wom:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
mike leach with the jumbo package

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that the most consecutive run plays Mike Leach has ever called

every
Apr 24, 2008

A coug gon win

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

cougs win cougs in top 25 plz

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Leach... RUNNING?

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
jesus arizona where was this in the first half

also hell yeah cougs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Qwijib0 posted:

heh, more points but it means nothing cause our defense is Very Bad.

:wom:

They are so much worse than I thought they'd be this year.

also COUGS BITCH

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NO ONE NEAR HIM

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
your weekly reminder that wazzu lost to rutgers

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGS

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

yessssssssss Wazzu

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
nice

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

AWW YEAH COUGIN'

every
Apr 24, 2008

Cougs fill my pants w jizz

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
gently caress Oregon gently caress Oregon gently caress Oregon

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ugh this is just going to make the inevitable Oregon win worse

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
WE GOT A REAL MATCH

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

every posted:

Cougs fill my pants w jizz

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

One of my cousins went there. That's the only reason I knew there was a UT Dallas.

I'm not sure UT Dallas really exists. I think it's some kind of 419 scam where they ask for a fee before they can release your full-ride scholarship money and then you show up for the first day of classes and the address they gave you is actually a Denny's.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

God drat it Cal! Hang on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This could happen. It probably won't happen. But it could.

• Locked thread