Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Fuckbeans is my go-to "swear-*noun*" combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So I don't know where else to put this information, but if you ever buy stale Starburst candies, you can soften them up by putting them in a microwave for five seconds. Works great!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 225 days!)

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So I don't know where else to put this information, but if you ever buy stale Starburst candies, you can soften them up by putting them in a microwave for five seconds. Works great!

You just destroyed the entire demographic of Now'n'Later people. Jerk!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I rarely see late 80s/early 90s Mustangs these days. Maybe I'll see one or two a month, and they're usually pretty tired* (beat to poo poo).

I've seen two beautifully stock 5.0's this week. One was a 5.0 LX (yesterday), the other was a GT (today). The GT was definitely a daily driver, but not beat up - just driven and maintained, and likely garaged most of its life. The LX looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor, aside from "well aged" purple tint.

Takes me right back to high school. :corsair:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 21, 2014

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm on my third day of only being able to choke down rice and chicken. Everything else seems to make me want to vomit unnecessarily. Outside of toast/applesauce/sprite/saltines, what do you guys eat when you're feeling ill?

the spyder fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 21, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:420: helps a lot for the vomiting.

Beyond that, my only suggestion is soup.

And why are you deepthroating Rick while you're sick?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Gay Hitler was a dentist in Ohio before world war ii

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

:420: helps a lot for the vomiting.

Beyond that, my only suggestion is soup.

And why are you deepthroating Rick while you're sick?

*rice

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Ginger ale usually settles my stomach when I'm ill. Outside of that, you covered the bases with chicken, rice, toast, and saltines. Maybe try a banana or something like that.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Well, the rice and banana will help you keep from the :shrek: usual problems :shrek:. I recommend taking plenty of Zinc and C (too late I know), and trying to at least work up to V8. It has way too much salt, but otherwise, its' good for ya.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Whenever I'm sick, I just want pho and only pho.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Chucklefucks is one of my more favourite descriptive terms, usually reserved for someone who's REALLY earnt it thru sheer displays of retardation

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

goatse guy posted:

This, also Wor Won Ton. Mostly pho though because those herbs are like seafoam for your head.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm lucky that there are 2 pho places on my block, and they both have vegetarian broth if you're into that too.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Today I learned that Linux servers with multiple live DBs really hate being powered off with no warning.

That would be our server at work. The UPS had an interesting failure - it powered off with no warning, then started clicking rapidly. Hitting the power button on the UPS did nothing; holding it would get it to screech and show a bad battery LED, then it would resume clicking. It also smelled like some magic smoke escaped. :saddowns:

The server takes a good 10 minutes to come back up after an unexpected power off. The old full tower Dell P4 server with a RAID array (which was replaced with an i5 "server" [HP mini desktop] with a single HDD about 2 months ago) took about 45 minutes. The fun part is the call center called us and said "hey we're not going to take orders for you since your computer isn't responding, we're forwarding all of your lines back to you until you get it fixed". :argh:

GM had no idea what to do. It's amazing what unplugging the dead UPS and plugging the PC into a regular outlet does to bring a computer back up. :haw: I say it takes at least 6 months for them to replace the UPS, best case... and that's assuming we have several power failures that include a bit of data loss.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That sounds like the Tripp Lite Smart 1000 whatever failure mode.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's definitely a Tripp Lite, but it was a 450 or 550, IIRC (it's nearly identical to an ancient Tripp Lite 450 I had ages ago, except it has buttons instead of slider switches). And no monitoring was being used; not sure if the UPS actually supported it or not, but if it did, there was no serial or USB cable between the UPS and PC.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've seen a few that look like these
http://www.tripplite.com/line-interactive-ups-system-desktop-1000va-120v-usb-port-lcd-screen~SMART1000LCD/
as Costco used to sell them and they fail just like that when the battery goes bad. It doesn't do any auto self-checking. I'm not surprised the others act the same way.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Ginger ale has already been mentioned, but basically anything with ginger in it.

Or standard hangover cure or kill of fatty foods / dairy stuff or just go to the doctor if it's that bad unless you are stuck in the some US healthcare clusterfuck.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

goatse guy posted:

gently caress. Yes. Also sauted beef with lemon grass.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

the spyder posted:

I'm on my third day of only being able to choke down rice and chicken. Everything else seems to make me want to vomit unnecessarily. Outside of toast/applesauce/sprite/saltines, what do you guys eat when you're feeling ill?

Bananas taste the same going down as they do coming back up. :barf:

Try oatmeal, congee, or any type of porridge, easy on the stomach, and filling enough to not feel miserable.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I usually dont swear much in the garage, but I have been known to call people dick bagels.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
Had a moment of bravery and drove my Ford yesterday without bringing any tools with me.

I feel so alive.

(fucknugget)

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Craigslist date took a rain check because he got stuck in bumfuck nowhere due to the weather, so I spent the evening chugging wine and watching Parks and Rec with my dog.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I thought you lived in bumfuck nowhere already?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Nidhg00670000 posted:

GG lives in West Bumfuck Nowhere. It's north of the Mason-Who-Gives-A-poo poo-Line and west of North Nobodywilleverknowyoudiedhere.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

GG lives in West Bumfuck Nowhere. It's north of the Mason-Who-Gives-A-poo poo-Line and west of North Nobodywilleverknowyoudiedhere.

..like that isn't like having a personal GPS for a Swede? :v:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I moved back to the Minneapolis area in June. Best decision I ever made.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Slow is Fast posted:

I usually dont swear much in the garage, but I have been known to call people dick bagels.

the mental image that accompanies this is great.

Successfully escaped the flea market having only bought a bricklayers hammer I have needed for years ($50 online, $10 at the flea) and a Hobbs hour meter to use as an office decoration for $5. :toot:

(she tried to convince me to buy a couple more oscilloscopes, but I already have like eight... and that's after long term loaning one to Fart Pipe until I get around to fixing the one I was originally gonna give him.)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So when the coffee pot says "discard if chipped or cracked" they mean it. I had one with a tiny chip in the spout blow up on me this morning.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Goober Peas posted:

So when the coffee pot says "discard if chipped or cracked" they mean it. I had one with a tiny chip in the spout blow up on me this morning.

Does that apply to glasses that only have cold drinks?

I have a martini glass with a small crack in it but I don't want to have to go and buy another

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

freelop posted:

I have a martini glass with a small crack in it but I don't want to have to go and buy another

I had an Ikea glass break in my mouth. It had ice water. Didn't notice any chips in it before.

loving Ikea.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

freelop posted:

Don't put it in the dishwasher, is all I'm gonna say. Cool sound, then you pick miniature shards of glass out of your other dishes for months while wondering how many of them you have eaten.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

I'm just south of there.

Midwest AI: we are all about 3 hours away from each other.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CharlesM posted:

I had an Ikea glass break in my mouth. It had ice water. Didn't notice any chips in it before.

loving Ikea.

I only buy the super thick-walled glasses from IKEA, the ones that are made in Russia. You can run them over with a tank without breaking them :ussr:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

KozmoNaut posted:

I only buy the super thick-walled glasses from IKEA, the ones that are made in Russia. You can run them over with a tank without breaking them :ussr:

But on the other hand, those glasses are made out of ground-up nuclear reactors and melted-down dissidents. Enjoy!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

stump posted:

Ginger ale has already been mentioned, but basically anything with ginger in it.

Or standard hangover cure or kill of fatty foods / dairy stuff or just go to the doctor if it's that bad unless you are stuck in the some US healthcare clusterfuck.

I don't know about you guys but ginger ale gives me loving brutal headaches.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

N is for Nipples posted:

I don't know about you guys but ginger ale gives me loving brutal headaches.
I think they mean the non-alcoholic kind.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

InitialDave posted:

I think they mean the non-alcoholic kind.
So do I, sadly.

Viggen posted:

It had a helpful 'needs gas' sticky left on the airbag, and yep- it sure did. It was reading slightly below E. The 3 line LED matrix helpfully said "LOW FUEL", and then beeped and changed to "49 MILES BEFORE EMPTY"- or was that supposed to be 4.9? :v: Thankfully, the gas station was literally 5 miles downhill. Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
Pretty much every Ford I've driven rides on E and whines about low fuel with about 50 miles worth in the tank. They're very conservative about that kind of thing.

e: My cumrag became an anthill and I didn't notice it until I too had become an anthill. Please send help.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Man I hate being sick. Everyone at work is sick so it was only a matter of time. I woke up on Friday morning for work and was feeling some chest congestion. My Friday night my head was in a fog, my nose was blocked and I was wheezing and coughing up green lung butter. I went to CVS on Saturday to pick up some Mucinex Maximum Strength, some sinus pressure medicine for AM and PM, a bottle of aspirin and a bag of Vitamin C cough drops. This 50hr work week outside should be fun.

• Locked thread