Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

i came around on bray wyatt a while back btw, i didn't think the gimmick would work but tubby cult guy with rambling promos oddly works for him

Holy poo poo! Miracles do happen everybody!

I will admit I'm a little worried Cena might beat Brock in the Cell if they go that way but the flipside is the Cell allows for a lot more heel chicanery so Brock might win that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Haven't seen the PPV yet but I don't get the impression that "nothing" happened or was advanced by that ending. At the very least Seth Rollins is back on the map with that cash in-option, when Brock won the title at Summerslam people were like "lol he might as well leave the briefcase at home until it expires" but now it's kinda open who he will cash it in on.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stallion Cabana posted:

John Cena gets F5'd through the cage?

They can't end the feud with Brock having the title lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the biggest issue with last night's show is that Night of Champions is a completely pointless PPV and it should really just go from Summerslam to HIAC.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I wonder what they will do with Rusev after his eventual loss.

I want to see a returning Kurt Angle beat him.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It suffered the same problem as Battleground. "Nothing happens because it's all about the NEXT PPV."

I get it, but it doesn't make the PPV I watched any less lame.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Le Saboteur posted:

The only thing I wish they had of changed with the Cena/Lesnar ending would have been to have the MITB cash in go through and just have Lesnar tear apart Rollins. I don't think they are ever actually going to make Rollins "the guy" and it would have been much better than Cena just chasing him off.

I think you can get a lot of mileage out of "unworthy heel champion" and I think they intend to do that angle with Rollins.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Valeyard posted:

They can't end the feud with Brock having the title lol

Yeah they can. Especially if they want to have him drop it at Mania to Reigns which I had thought was still the plan.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I think you can get a lot of mileage out of "unworthy heel champion" and I think they intend to do that angle with Rollins.

So the CM Punk early WHC runs then

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Daniel Bryan posted:

It suffered the same problem as Battleground. "Nothing happens because it's all about the NEXT PPV."

I get it, but it doesn't make the PPV I watched any less lame.

isnt this every ppv apart from mania and summerslam, maybe survivor series?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I mean, if they're sticking to Lesnar holding onto it until Mania with Reigns going over I don't know where Rollins fits in. Cashing in on Reigns?

But then again, I think they're going to cool off on Reigns soon as it seems pretty clear he is not ready.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Haven't seen the PPV yet but I don't get the impression that "nothing" happened or was advanced by that ending. At the very least Seth Rollins is back on the map with that cash in-option, when Brock won the title at Summerslam people were like "lol he might as well leave the briefcase at home until it expires" but now it's kinda open who he will cash it in on.

It's really cool and hella good booking that the only way we can conceive of a way for monster heel Brock Lesnar to go over against the down on his luck always do the right thing hero John Cena is for him to cheat

This man beat the Undertaker's streak but is made to live in fear of John Cena

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Stallion Cabana posted:

Yeah they can. Especially if they want to have him drop it at Mania to Reigns which I had thought was still the plan.

I can't help but feel any Wrestlemania outcome that isn't Daniel Bryan with the belt is going to backfire horribly, assuming he's back by then.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I can't help but feel any Wrestlemania outcome that isn't Daniel Bryan with the belt is going to backfire horribly, assuming he's back by then.

Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan is such an interesting match as a concept I'd even be happy if Bryan lost.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Ambrose with the belt?

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Valeyard posted:

So the CM Punk early WHC runs then

I was thinking more VERY early HHH or Edge's first run with the belt, which were good angles. I wasn't watching when CM Punk first won so I can't tell if you're mocking that idea or not, but to my knowledge those weren't very successful runs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

It's really cool and hella good booking that the only way we can conceive of a way for monster heel Brock Lesnar to go over against the down on his luck always do the right thing hero John Cena is for him to cheat

This man beat the Undertaker's streak but is made to live in fear of John Cena

Why do people keep posting poo poo like this? He didn't cower from Cena, nor did he look weak at all. I don't know how you make Brock look stronger without having him win again which yes, is a superior option, but Lesnar beat the poo poo out of Cena and borderline no-sold all of Cena's stuff until the very end after he'd been gradually worn down, and even then Brock was still fighting when Rollins interfered. It's not like he was a dead fish.

Also when Brock insta-F5'd Cena at SummerSlam it was a 2.9 count. Cena's insta-AA last night was like a 0.5 count. No one has ever no sold an AA that completely in Cena's career.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Ambrose with the belt?

He should be beating Rollins for the belt after Rollins cashes in, not Lesnar.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why do people keep posting poo poo like this? He didn't cower from Cena, nor did he look weak at all. I don't know how you make Brock look stronger without having him win again which yes, is a superior option, but Lesnar beat the poo poo out of Cena and borderline no-sold all of Cena's stuff until the very end after he'd been gradually worn down, and even then Brock was still fighting when Rollins interfered. It's not like he was a dead fish.

Also when Brock insta-F5'd Cena at SummerSlam it was a 2.9 count. Cena's insta-AA last night was like a 0.5 count. No one has ever no sold an AA that completely in Cena's career.

Brock took something like 6 finishers, including the Curb Stomp which has been fairly protected at this point, last night and still managed to get back up and F5 Cena and walk out of the arena laughing, he couldn't have looked much stronger than that.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

I think Brock should have a very, very lengthy run giving them a chance to actually build up someone that deserves to go over him rather than losing in some gently caress finish

The more Brock wrecks people, the better and stronger he looks, the more interesting and meaningful it'll be when he finally does lose.

I think it would be dumb for the guy who broke the streak, who broke Cena worse than anyone else to not be an unstoppable monster for as long as possible.

Plus brock/heyman own and the more they're involved in the product, the more I tend to enjoy it.

Just super saiyan'.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
At least the ending to NoC happened at NoC and not on Raw like it did last year.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Maybe because Lesnar only won because of outside interference as recently as, oh, I don't know, 13 hours ago?

Like sure you could bring up Summerslam but that was clearly a one-time freebie and Lesnar's ever getting a win that decisive over Cena ever again.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 22, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Maybe because Lesnar only won because of outside interference as recently as, oh, I don't know, 13 hours ago?

Like sure you could bring up Summerslam but that was clearly a one-time freebie and Lesnar's ever getting a win that decisive over Cena ever again.

And Brock looked only like he MIGHT lose after 4 AA's and about 5 or 6 STF attempts, while Cena looked like he'd been in a car wreck. What's your point? Both guys were extremely protected last night.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That DICK! posted:

I can't even think of someone getting a win that decisive over the face of a major promotion like, ever. I'm sure it's happened, but I sure as poo poo haven't seen it. That's an extraordinarily unreasonable standard to hold someone to for being "booked weak".

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Le Saboteur posted:

Brock took something like 6 finishers, including the Curb Stomp which has been fairly protected at this point, last night and still managed to get back up and F5 Cena and walk out of the arena laughing, he couldn't have looked much stronger than that.

Brock was made to look strong. Cena was made to look strong. Rollins was made to look strong. Charles Robinson was made to look strong. That fat mark in the aqua shirt in the first row was made to look strong.

When everybody comes out on top, nothing happens. Maybe it's better for the long term story or whatever but it is boring and not worth watching month to month. Maybe eventually something will happen by the Rumble. And maybe by then I will resubscribe.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My point is that Lesnar's entire current run arc is "He defeated the Undertaker's streak. He destroyed Cena at Summerslam! Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth?" But now it's "Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth, other than John Cena, who only lost because of outside interference?!"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Authorman posted:

Brock was made to look strong. Cena was made to look strong. Rollins was made to look strong. Charles Robinson was made to look strong. That fat mark in the aqua shirt in the first row was made to look strong.

When everybody comes out on top, nothing happens. Maybe it's better for the long term story or whatever but it is boring and not worth watching month to month. Maybe eventually something will happen by the Rumble. And maybe by then I will resubscribe.

I don't think Rollins looked like anything but a wimp after being chased off by Cena who once again looked like a broken man after this match. I just hope they blow this whole thing off at HIAC. Lesnar/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose in Hell in a Cell matches are pretty easy sells.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That DICK! posted:

My point is that Lesnar's entire current run arc is "He defeated the Undertaker's streak. He destroyed Cena at Summerslam! Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth?" But now it's "Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth, other than John Cena, who only lost because of outside interference?!"

Thats assuming you think Cena was getting the 3 count after that onslaught which not even the announcers were selling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Huh? The announcers were flipping their poo poo going "FOUR AAS, THAT'S IT IT'S OVER oh Seth Rollins is here"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You're insane if you think that the narrative going forward outside of maybe Heyman isn't going to be that Cena had Lesnar beat.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTmXBBj6PMQ

Maybe they're delaying the next gen version so they can actually update the logos and belts.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

You're only seeing that narrative because it's what you want to get mad about. It's absolutely absurd to expect Lesnar to just "Cena at Summerslam" people for the next six months. That'd just get old. It's a fine line to walk between booking a monster heel and booking a foil as a face. If Brock literally squashed Cena again, no title matches until Mania would have any drama associated with them whatsoever, and we're still like 6 months out from Mania.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Yuriy posted:

I think Brock should have a very, very lengthy run giving them a chance to actually build up someone that deserves to go over him rather than losing in some gently caress finish

The more Brock wrecks people, the better and stronger he looks, the more interesting and meaningful it'll be when he finally does lose.

I think it would be dumb for the guy who broke the streak, who broke Cena worse than anyone else to not be an unstoppable monster for as long as possible.

Plus brock/heyman own and the more they're involved in the product, the more I tend to enjoy it.

Just super saiyan'.

Yeah. He's probably the most legit monster they've ever had. They can realistically portray that you can't "out-fight" him (UFC champion) or out-wrestle him (NCAA wrestling champion), and he isn't a hotshot rookie who can be beaten with "veteran experience" (he's been wrestling for over a decade and beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania despite the latter's win steak, stupid hair and HD cold sores). I'd love to see them ride him out for a year or more, establishing him as the unbeatable champion of a generation. When he finally loses, it should be to someone they want to establish as a top name for years to come, like Charlotte Flair.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Huh? The announcers were flipping their poo poo going "FOUR AAS, THAT'S IT IT'S OVER oh Seth Rollins is here"

After they were like, would that have been enough to put down Lesnar, we can't be sure.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

I literally just watched it and this is wrong. They were ASKING if that was it, and yes they said they thought Brock was beat, but in the next breath they were literally saying "We'll never know." and talking about how Brock isn't human.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're only seeing that narrative because it's what you want to get mad about. It's absolutely absurd to expect Lesnar to just "Cena at Summerslam" people for the next six months. That'd just get old. It's a fine line to walk between booking a monster heel and booking a foil as a face. If Brock literally squashed Cena again, no title matches until Mania would have any drama associated with them whatsoever, and we're still like 6 months out from Mania.

I don't think it would get old, I think building a dominant champion is something they rarely do and by keeping him on top and crushing any challengers, it gives them a chance to actually build a worthwhile contender which is something they kind of lack right now outside of Cena.

Shine posted:

Yeah. He's probably the most legit monster they've ever had. They can realistically portray that you can't "out-fight" him (UFC champion) or out-wrestle him (NCAA wrestling champion), and he isn't a hotshot rookie who can be beaten with "veteran experience" (he's been wrestling for over a decade and beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania despite the latter's win steak, stupid hair and HD cold sores). I'd love to see them ride him out for a year or more, establishing him as the unbeatable champion of a generation. When he finally loses, it should be to someone they want to establish as a top name for years to come, like Charlotte Flair.

Same, I also wanna see a good David vs Goliath match because I think Brock would make one of those real fun

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cronox2 posted:

Maybe they're delaying the next gen version so they can actually update the logos and belts.

badass trailer though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shine posted:

Charlotte Flair beating Brock at Wrestlemania is the best possible option.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Crowds only revolt like that if they feel slighted or bored. There are any number of satisfying things Bryan could be doing and as long as it feels organic and not like they're deliberately being deprived of him they'll be fine. Now if they spend the run-up to Mania telling everyone he's a loser who doesn't deserve a title shot we'll have a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

cronox2 posted:

I wonder how much it costs to license kid rock songs nowadays.

• Locked thread