Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Break out the trench coats because anonymity is apparently a virtue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
A pair of groucho glasses for every zombie! Disguise.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You go through your parents' wardrobe. There are a few coats and hats which ought to do the job, plus a couple of 'personal' items in a box that you did not need to see.

You dress up your minions. Getting trousers on them is the hardest thing; you experiment with having them lie down, or laying the legholes open and having them step inside. You tire quickly with the amount of concentration it takes to make them move. You're going to have to be careful not to overdo things.

When you go outside, however, the effort pays off. Three different people glance at you and carry on without remark. This is Basingstoke-on-Trent, after all. Your undead don't look all that different from the guys who drink white cider under the bridge.

You return home, feeling like you learned something. There are mini pizzas in the freezer. Tomorrow, you'll get more ambitious.

quote:

It's a new day.

Like it or not, you have command of a small force of undead. They live in your house. You can either get all mopey about it or you can do something positive.

What could be more positive than seeking revenge against the people who treated you badly in the past? You don't have to kill them or anything. Unless you want to…

What will you do?

Visit the graveyard to recruit more undead.
Take undead to the fish and chip shop.
Take undead to the hairdressers.

Stats posted:

A successful necromancer must manage an array of vital character statistics.

Control: 67% (+3)
Energy: 42% (+3)
Luck: 57% (+4)

Corruption: 2%
Humanity: 2%
Your activities have attracted some attention.

Your undead army consists of:
Skeletons: 2
Zombies: 2
and it has killed 2 people in total.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Our undead need a haircut at the hairdressers

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Build the army!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rob graves!

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
We are an awkward teenage girl in a lovely English town, of course the hairdresser done us wrong. gently caress you Headlines.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Tag Plastic posted:

We are an awkward teenage girl in a lovely English town, of course the hairdresser done us wrong. gently caress you Headlines.

I am 100% behind revenging ourselves on the hairdressers.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
graveyard first.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

A necromancer and her undead army living in a small home in British suburbia, what could possibly go wrong?

...gonna need a bigger house, go to the graveyard for more troops!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The hairdresser. Just because they're dead doesn't mean they have to loom dead.

This game is hilarious.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
We've got a tie, so I've flipped a coin through random.org, wherein Heads is recruiting at the graveyard, and Tails is taking vengeance on the hairdressers.

Graverobbing it is.

quote:

Alone, you weave your way out of town to the graveyard. It's a lonely, windy spot crammed between the ruins of the church and a potato field. The gates are patchy with rust. They open with a squeal which seems to touch all the frequencies painful to human hearing.

Near the front, the stones are old, grey; crooked like bad teeth. Moss chokes the inscriptions and many of them have been worn smooth by years of cold rain.

Further back are signs of more recent use. Some marble stones gleam among the granite, gold still visible on their inscriptions.

quote:

You shiver as you walk among the headstones. It's one thing controlling a shambling figure of wasting flesh or a clackety, hyperactive collection of bones. But these are still people, lying deep in the earth, some for a very long time. Do you really want to interrupt their eternal rest to boost your horde?

Recruit in the older section of the graveyard.
Recruit in the newer section of the graveyard.
Take your time and look at the stones.

No change in stats.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Look at the stones.

We need to try to find the Kendal Kids' own dead relatives to have them rip their throats out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Night10194 posted:

Look at the stones.

We need to try to find the Kendal Kids' own dead relatives to have them rip their throats out.

Yes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Every bloodbowl player knows that skeletons are better than zombies, due to higher speed and hard headed! Thus, older section.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Check the gravestones. We got a chance to pull off some quality irony here and we shouldn't waste it.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Yes check the stones pick the best zombies only

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The older part. I want crawling zombies with missing limbs.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Night10194 posted:

Look at the stones.

Solid reasoning I can get behind! I vote this.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You haven't been up here in a long time. The older section is full of crumbling stones and faded names: Alberts and Archibalds, Marjories and Maudes. From time to time, you see a mossy angel, or even a skull and crossbones—although you doubt it means a pirate is buried here.

Something about the names gets to you, the family relationships. You trace your fingers across the rough top of a granite grave marker. Perhaps you don't need more undead minions that badly.

Recruit in the older section of the graveyard.
Recruit in the newer section of the graveyard.
Leave flowers instead.

Joke's on you, looking at the graves is just to nearly grow a conscience. Nearly, but not quite; no change in stats.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Oh well. Let's pick up some meatbags from the new section.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I'm assuming that the choice is between zombies skeletons, so let's get some old bones.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Let's go to the old section so we won't feel so guilty. No one will recognize skeletons!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Do we want zombie or skeleton? New Zombie it is.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Old section! I bet there are pirates buried here!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Old section, skeletons are great.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

I've been to the Politoons thread, and I don't want a bunch of Dry Bones in our undead army.

Let's go the New Section, and get a radical zombie.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You stand among the old stones and take out the humerus. Its weak pulse is difficult to see in daylight; it manifests as a sickly tint on your skin. If it's responding to the presence of bodies in the ground, they must be buried deep—or perhaps they have decayed beyond the point where they can be animated. Who knows? They don't teach this stuff in school.

Attempt to pull undead from the ground with an active force of will.
Try to free your mind and contact the dead.
Move to the newer section instead.

Showing stats for the sake of possibly failing a skill roll here.

Primary Stats posted:

Control: 67%
Energy: 42%
Luck: 57%

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Force of will sounds like Control, so let's give that a shot.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
:psyduck: (force of will)

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Assume direct control.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You plant both feet square on the earth and adopt a dramatic and hopefully solid stance. You close your eyes.

The bone channels your will. You send a command deep into the ground, calling the long-time dead. Come. Now is your time. Arise and serve me. It's old-fashioned, hokey stuff, but then, there's not a single tombstone in this area more recent than the 1930s.

quote:

In front of you, the earth cracks and parts, as the dead rise again at your command.

Bones slide from the broken ground, twisting and reassembling into three new skeleton warriors. Grave dirt drains from their cavities as they ready themselves for action.

A wave of fatigue pours over you. Calling the dead requires serious concentration. You head for home with weary steps, your obedient, new undead trailing behind.

quote:

It's a new day.

You need to do laundry. The undead peer at you as you load the washing machine. A zombie watches the drum spin, following the motion with its head. It goes round and round…and round…

It occurs to you that school is in session. You don't have to go, of course. If the truant officer comes to your door, he is going to get a nasty surprise. But you might decide to go all the same. Who knows what might happen?

What will you do?

Return to the graveyard for another try.
Take undead to the fish and chip shop.
Take undead to the hairdressers.
Go to school.

Stats posted:

A successful necromancer must manage an array of vital character statistics.

Control: 68% (+1)
Energy: 42%
Luck: 57%
Corruption: 3% (+1)
Humanity: 2%
Your activities have attracted some attention.

Your undead army consists of:
Skeletons: 5 (+3)
Zombies: 2
and it has killed 2 people in total.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Go to school. We need an education, dammit. At some point we will have to enter into the real world of jobs and stuff and while Master Necromancer looks good on the CV, there's no way we're gonna succeed if we don't know how to factorise quadratic equations!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Not gonna deal with those murderous bullies. They could kill us at anytime. To hairdressers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Go to school.

What kind of true master Necromancer doesn't at least learn their latin?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Going to school like a normal kid seems like the best way to keep a low profile.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Winners stay in school.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Our skeletons are in desperate need of a haircut!

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
Could you clarify, do we take the undead to school with us? If so then that is my vote, else Hairdresser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Ouroborus posted:

Could you clarify, do we take the undead to school with us? If so then that is my vote, else Hairdresser

You have a choice in the matter, and why wouldn't anybody choose that, so I'm going to take this as another school vote.

quote:

School. Long days in hot rooms with dazzling sunlight, large windows and no blinds; rammed together with a bunch of no-hope thickers whose finest moments in life will be the torments they inflict on the smarter kids here.

This year there will be the additional pressures of exams and career choices—or will there? This term is different from every one that went before because you have a posse. It might look a bit rough and smell of rancid flesh but it's a posse all the same.

Attend without the undead.
Have the undead hide nearby.
Walk straight through the front gate with an undead bodyguard.
Send all your undead over the wall and watch the mayhem.

No change in stats.

• Locked thread