Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trained. Most will just get huffy and shake off whatever you put on their little heads. Guinea Pigs in general are active little dudes that will either be waddling about their cage to see what they can eat or wheeking their little brains out because they heard a plastic bag crinkle (VEGGIES!!! :byodood:)

:byodood: is the perfect smilie to express that noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God, my sisters had guinea pigs for years and yet I'd somehow forgotten that sound until I saw it written out.

Mom: Jerusalem, can you feed the gui-
Guinea Pigs: WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK! :byodood:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

neongrey posted:

Link fixed! It needed the www for whatever reason and it didn't copy out.

e: not that it's updated any time recently, so I guess it's dead that way. :(

It is time for you to take up the mantle. This is what you've been training for.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's just a PR stunt, but it's still pretty cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-T_t166TY

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trained. Most will just get huffy and shake off whatever you put on their little heads.

Don't forget "and then try to eat it".

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There needs to be a specific name for the guinea pig hobby. I guess "guinea pig fancy "

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

"Operative approaching target, mission objectives in sight. Staying behind cover, OpFor cannot establish visual contact."

He's not the brightest guy on the planet :negative:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

There needs to be a specific name for the guinea pig hobby. I guess "guinea pig fancy "

Pig mini millinery? Milliminipiginery?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Capybaras are plus-sized guinea pigs. They're bigger and are adapted to swamps intead of plains but they similarly go nuts when they think there's something to eat about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLGdRx7prA&t=61s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o59VcOQeCbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSU0ZfWQP2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBzsKU3BH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RVPvm5kFcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbi1xa_ONH4

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Sep 24, 2014

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's like a hat came to life and ran (flapped?) away to sea - totally fedorable.

:haw:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Pookah posted:

It's like a hat came to life and ran (flapped?) away to sea - totally fedorable.

:haw:

M'lampry.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sting rays are odd creatures. A year ago my mother took my son and I to a zoo that involved a place you could pay to pet sting rays. I have, due to being on dialysis, a fistula in my arm which I didn't think about, but creates a far more distinct pulse than in normal arms (even visually). The sting rays thought about it though. While for most the experience was to just put their arm in the water elbow-deep and have the sting rays swim under their hands and not give a crap about what they were brushing against, the vibration in my arm clearly was very interesting, and again and again they would instead swim up to me, then start to climb my arm to check it out. Probably they wondered if the sound was a tasty fish.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I am hyperventilating.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Update: I found my kitty cat! She was under my house for a day and a half just lounging about. I just got finished buying more staples for my staple-gun, when I walked into my basement, and I saw a flash of fur staring back at me under the floorboards. Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals! I thought I lost her for good :)

I'm gonna go invest in some GPS collars next week.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
YAY! I kept checking this thread hoping for good news. :dance:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SlippyFists posted:

Update: I found my kitty cat! She was under my house for a day and a half just lounging about. I just got finished buying more staples for my staple-gun, when I walked into my basement, and I saw a flash of fur staring back at me under the floorboards. Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals! I thought I lost her for good :)

I'm gonna go invest in some GPS collars next week.

When I first got my kitten I thought I lost him once. Put up flyers all over the building. Turns out he was asleep in the closet

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

When I first got my kitten I thought I lost him once. Put up flyers all over the building. Turns out he was asleep in the closet

That exact situation happened to me too. Somehow the little bugger ended up asleep on a basket of blankets in the linen closet we didn't even remember opening. When we opened the closet after much freaking out, he just opened his sleepy kitten eyes looking up at us like "what?" :3:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

It was the "Why is that cabinet meowing?" phenomenon with my family's cat. He had a knack for getting places he wasn't supposed to be.

Aeryl
Mar 7, 2009
My birthday cake from earlier this month

And a photo of the two boys that top the cake (ignore the bad set-up, we were using the towel for a backdrop for close ups)

Snickerdoodle (on the left) just got told not to touch it. Louie (on the right) is planning to do just that.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Haha, apparently I got the only cat known to man who makes his presence known at all times. I got him from a shelter because they said that he was very much a loner, and wouldn't need another cat in the home, or much attention from me. I thought this was great since I'm single, work full time, and have an active social life. Turns out, noooope. Neediest cat I've ever met. Demands my constant attention. He is probably awake 20 hours a day. He's absolutely adorable, but wow, he is a handful. He's tried to escape a couple of times, but luckily the second he steps into the hallway of my apartment building, he just stands their completely still because he has no clue what to do next, so I just pick him up and carry him back inside.

Here he is being an absolute spaz, demanding my attention, but letting me know that he will definitely play bite my hands and swat at them if I come near, but I had better come near or he will make sure he meows loudly, get right in my face, and obstruct whatever else my attention is on.

Nihonniboku has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Sep 25, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nihonniboku posted:

He is probably awake 20 hours a day.

Definitely not a cat.

Nihonniboku posted:

obstruct whatever else my attention is on.

Definitely a cat.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

Haha, apparently I got the only cat known to man who makes his presence known at all times. I got him from a shelter because they said that he was very much a loner, and wouldn't need another cat in the home, or much attention from me. I thought this was great since I'm single, work full time, and have an active social life. Turns out, noooope. Neediest cat I've ever met. Demands my constant attention. He is probably awake 20 hours a day. He's absolutely adorable, but wow, he is a handful. He's tried to escape a couple of times, but luckily the second he steps into the hallway of my apartment building, he just stands their completely still because he has no clue what to do next, so I just pick him up and carry him back inside.

Here he is being an absolute spaz, demanding my attention, but letting me know that he will definitely play bite my hands and swat at them if I come near, but I had better come near or he will make sure he meows loudly, get right in my face, and obstruct whatever else my attention is on.

He looks like he's some significant part Siamese/Oriental Shorthair and that's just how they are. Congratulations, you've acquired a furry, hyperactive two-year-old child.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Aeryl posted:

My birthday cake from earlier this month

And a photo of the two boys that top the cake (ignore the bad set-up, we were using the towel for a backdrop for close ups)

Snickerdoodle (on the left) just got told not to touch it. Louie (on the right) is planning to do just that.

Whoever iced that cake did an amazing job!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm sick with a headcold and feeling like death warmed up. My doctor prescribed a heavy dose of Guinea Pig and Chinchilla pics to help with treatment, if anyone could kindly oblige.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal

It's like a swarm of fuzzy piranhas!

It's been posted before, but is appropriate given the situation.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm sick with a headcold and feeling like death warmed up. My doctor prescribed a heavy dose of Guinea Pig and Chinchilla pics to help with treatment, if anyone could kindly oblige.

Perhaps a hot toddy might help?

Oh wait, these are too chill(a)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

spite house posted:

He looks like he's some significant part Siamese/Oriental Shorthair and that's just how they are. Congratulations, you've acquired a furry, hyperactive two-year-old child.

That describes his personality pretty well!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

This happened when we moved to Nevada. The next day, no Tabitha anywhere. She's known for her Houdini skills so I just KNEW she'd found away out of the apt. Looked all day, cried all day, put up signs.

Found her in the little cubby hole at the back of my stacked washer and dryer. A cubby hole painted black. A black cat.

The thing is, I'd looked there once before and so had my landlord. She popped out that evening like "what's all this fuss?"

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Sometimes one of my cats disappears. We know we've seen her since the last time someone came or went so she IS in the house SOMEWHERE. We'll spend 10-15 minutes looking with no luck. About the time we say "Oh well, I guess she'll come out eventually" she comes sauntering up to us like "Hey, who are we looking for?"

What pocket dimension are you hiding in???

Here's a picture of our little Hide and Seek champion

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Sep 25, 2014

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I guess the "Cat thought missing, found later in closet" is a pretty common occurrence. It happened to me too. :v:

A couple years ago a then-coworker of mine was without an apartment for a time so I helped out by taking care of her two cats for a couple months. One of them was barely grown up, curious about everything and somewhat skittish.
Then one night I realize my roommate has come home piss-drunk and fallen asleep with his room's door AND his window wide open. I close the window and then immediately realize the younger kitty is nowhere to be seen. I look for a time, getting increasingly agitated, go outside to look for her, ask a couple neighbours I happen by if they've seen her. Nope, nothing.
Losing my mind in desperation I start just looking _everywhere_ in the apartment, and sure enough, there she is soundly asleep in my roommate's closet. The door to which wasn't even open except for the tiniest crack. Little bastard.

Turns out I still had a picture saved. Look at that smug little twat. :3:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Nordick posted:

I guess the "Cat thought missing, found later in closet" is a pretty common occurrence. It happened to me too. :v:

Once I had a cat missing for 3 days, and then a neighbor found her in his closet. Coincidentally, she looked just like the one on this picture.

EDIT: a picture of my cat, stoned at the vet

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Sep 25, 2014

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Elias_Maluco posted:

Once I had a cat missing for 3 days, and then a neighbor found her in his closet. Coincidentally, she looked just like the one on this picture.

EDIT: a picture of my cat, stoned at the vet

Please show more pictures of your cat. She looks really pretty.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Transmogrifier posted:

Please show more pictures of your cat. She looks really pretty.

Well, since you asked (but he is male)

(the one I was talking about is not this one, is a female I had many years ago, who is already dead)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Buggiezor posted:

What a lovely face!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

A Lost and Found team for KLM Airlines uses the cutest method for tracking down owners of lost items.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-T_t166TY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
When my friend's cat somehow vanishes into the night (dark house, big black cat), we just shake a bag of treats and he comes wobbling out to get num nums.

Side note, it is god damned hilarious watching a 3 legged cat leap over and around poo poo to haul rear end to get CHIKENSES OMG CHIKENSES :byodood: <--- like that but with cat ears.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Buggiezor posted:

Sometimes one of my cats disappears. We know we've seen her since the last time someone came or went so she IS in the house SOMEWHERE. We'll spend 10-15 minutes looking with no luck. About the time we say "Oh well, I guess she'll come out eventually" she comes sauntering up to us like "Hey, who are we looking for?"

What pocket dimension are you hiding in???

Looks like ours who is also a hide and seek rear end in a top hat. She went missing for a week, worried us to death, and we found out later she was trapped in a garage a few houses away. Now we get extra nervous whenever she doesn't come inside right away when called. We'll go looking around the block for her only to find her waiting for us on the porch when we get back.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Little story that I find cute:

I have to work late every thursday at my work. Its not bad but it makes the day drag a lot, my house is only a 15 minute walk away so I tend to walk back at around about the same time every week. Every time I have done so since I moved into the new house there has been a very fat cat outside a house just round the corner from mine, and the cat has made a point of coming down off of his step, and sort of rolling around on the ground in front of me. I stayed and stroked him but didn't want to get scratched so didn't go for the belly. Then today I decided to go for it and my god he sounded like a jet engine. He just kept rolling around on the floor purring happily, and when I tried to get up to leave he followed me and placed a paw on my trouser leg as if to say "Not yet mister".

Just something I found really sweet, he's a very fat cat and I think he just likes being tickled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

KOALA FIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djK_ucSYpaw

• Locked thread