Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Cutsman posted:

its pretty much the same as 14

Hopefully it's at least more stable but we all know they won't have done anything with it because FUT is the big cash cow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is the be a pro mode usually a laggy pile of poo poo?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Pro Clubs felt great for my group tonight.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Here's an idea while you work your way towards 20 goals per game in the beginner tournament for that gold pack - Get the keeper red carded!

Unfortunately it appears the limited red card amount is still in the game, after 4 similar fouls, the backup keeper was still in the game.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Thank God you can raise the difficulty in that beginner tourney. I wanted to end my life after that first 20-0 game

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How the gently caress do you chase someone down on defense and strip the ball perfectly? That's all my team ran into all night. Meanwhile, our be a pro's can't loving stop the ball for poo poo, which is a problem because they can't pass for poo poo unless they get control of the ball. Meanwhile the opponents just instantly glue to our players and strip the ball instantly.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
is there a way to speed up these single player games, like on PC using some kind of speed up thing, not sure if possible but drat its boring

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
can you not just decrease the half length? or does UT have it locked in for single player?

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
What kinds of formations are you guys going with?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Thank God you can raise the difficulty in that beginner tourney. I wanted to end my life after that first 20-0 game

Tell me how because i just left the pad on the table after the first 8 goals and watched youtube poo poo while alt-tabbed :psyduck:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Yeah this and the length. After the first few I finally remembered I could shorten the lengths of the half to 3 minutes each.

Drunk Badger posted:

What kinds of formations are you guys going with?
4-3-3 (4) is my poo poo. Although I'm still fond of 4-1-2-1-2 for my weaker squads.

So my first game of FUT online ended with me winning 4-1 with a Obafemi Martins hat-trick :getin:

Tzen fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 24, 2014

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Anyone else completely unable to edit online pro? When I hit B to go back the poo poo loving freezes and I have to alt+f4.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
I give it about 2 weeks before we all declare the game actually dog poo poo and worse than last years, like every year.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am liking it so far, some retarded movement and laughable physics at times as usual but its definitely a better game.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

African AIDS cum posted:

God drat that sucks dick
Unless they've changed it, you can send a friends request and rightclick/message in the pending section.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I suck at this game :smith: 0-1-5 last night in division 10. I'll adjust but Jesus.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I see they still have the legacy feature that requires you to select your language everytime.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I suck at this game :smith: 0-1-5 last night in division 10. I'll adjust but Jesus.

Almost same record for me. 0-1-4 and all my losses were by multiple goals. I'm piss trash at this game

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Dirk Pitt posted:

All with the same team, or different teams?

If all the same just try different teams.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NattyBo posted:

All with the same team, or different teams?

If all the same just try different teams.

Different teams. I tried 5-3-2 ligue 1, 4-2-2-2 la liga, and 4-3-3(4) la liga. I had the best luck with 4-3-3, but I don't have a tall lad with a big head.

I think I play best using a 4-3-1-2, so I am going to try that today. I'll find my rhythm, it just takes a day or two.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Different teams. I tried 5-3-2 ligue 1, 4-2-2-2 la liga, and 4-3-3(4) la liga. I had the best luck with 4-3-3, but I don't have a tall lad with a big head.

I think I play best using a 4-3-1-2, so I am going to try that today. I'll find my rhythm, it just takes a day or two.

Oh ultimate team. I just play regular H2H, which is why I suggested that. Should've known since UT is all anyone cares about! :)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Dirk Pitt posted:

I don't have a tall lad with a big head.

FWIW headers are mostly poo poo now.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

FWIW headers are mostly poo poo now.

I don't entirely agree with you there. I'm winning quite often with Llorente and Negredo heading balls in for me.

E: But Iniesta is serving them and that might have something to do with it. Got lucky in a pack.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NattyBo posted:

Oh ultimate team. I just play regular H2H, which is why I suggested that. Should've known since UT is all anyone cares about! :)

I'm going to try seasons next. I just can't resist the fantasy stuff in UT sometimes.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm going to try seasons next. I just can't resist the fantasy stuff in UT sometimes.

The lure of it is the feeling that it's completely customized and yours. I think that's what is so fun about it.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

thompson posted:

I don't entirely agree with you there. I'm winning quite often with Llorente and Negredo heading balls in for me.

E: But Iniesta is serving them and that might have something to do with it. Got lucky in a pack.

Headers seem realistic at least and not like a dude overpowering 4 defensive men and sticking his crotch in your keeper's face to score

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I like what I've heard of the soundtrack, so I went to see if I could find a playlist. EA Sports put it on Spotify, which is not available in Canada. For the game made in Canada.

It is a small thing but it bugs me so much.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Speaking of being poo poo at the game, are there any good "tutorials" for new(er) players outside of the little minigames that happen before a match?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Pleads posted:

I like what I've heard of the soundtrack, so I went to see if I could find a playlist. EA Sports put it on Spotify, which is not available in Canada. For the game made in Canada.

I was actually thinking the same thing so i'll sit on the cross with you as people make fun of us. The game's soundtrack is quite indie this year and I like it, especially on my new surround sound system.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I am already getting bored beating people 6-0 imo they should just skip me up to division 1 where i can finally find a challenge. PC is scrub central

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone with the demo stuttering issue should try disabling upnp on your router supposedly.

I'm too busy and important to check so someone do the legwork for me tia

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I got Yedlin in one of my web app packs, game isn't released here until Friday I think but at least that will get me going.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Pleads posted:

The soundtrack is awful poo poo tailored to Europeans every single year. Do what I do and mute it day one and play rap music as you destroy in FUT (the only fun online game mode).

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

AesirKnight posted:

Speaking of being poo poo at the game, are there any good "tutorials" for new(er) players outside of the little minigames that happen before a match?

just from browsing the menu, i saw a new feature called "learn how to play", maybe try that?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I won a game :woop:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

thompson posted:

The lure of it is the feeling that it's completely customized and yours. I think that's what is so fun about it.

:agreed:

I am rocking old Allsvenskan Kits and the original World Cup ball in Al Fahd stadium.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ultimate team servers are making GBS threads the bed.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I didn't learn the middle east stadium trick until late last year. Goodbye terrible rainy seasons

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I didn't learn the middle east stadium trick until late last year. Goodbye terrible rainy seasons
Which stadium would this be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just got a second Remy, should I sell him, or hang on to him for a few days incase his value goes up. He's at about 17-20k right now.

• Locked thread