Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Does it drunk boxer

I don't want to pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

old

also if you literally bend your smartphone in half by sitting down you should consider (a not putting it in your back pocket like a retard or (b losing some weight fatass

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i blame iphone for being a negative influence and inspiring some android to have no battery access

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

roboshit posted:

old

also if you literally bend your smartphone in half by sitting down you should consider (a not putting it in your back pocket like a retard or (b losing some weight fatass
seriously who puts a several hundred dollar device from an industry of products known for fragile screens in their back pocket and expects good things coming their way

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
remember when that guy dropped his iphone on camera, lolin if you think that hipster didnt have it coming

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

blarzgh posted:

Since 2007, when the first iPhone came out, I've had 2 androids (both the latest models), always with the latest version of the OS because it updates for free, and the same chargers, and spent a total of $450 between the two, without a contract.

If I bought a new iPhone without a contract, at every release, I would have spent over $6,000.00.

Nope

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Science is bending phones for science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

Real science: if you bend a phone, it bends

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CrashCat posted:

seriously who puts a several hundred dollar device from an industry of products known for fragile screens in their back pocket and expects good things coming their way

apparently they bend if theyre in the front bocket too

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Except post threads right

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Cream_Filling posted:

Thighs aren't curved though...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That guy loving pushed on that thing.
Hard.

God drat how fat are these people

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Cream_Filling posted:

Think about how tight your pants would have to be for that to happen. People are now trying to make "bendgate" a think like the idiotic antennagate, hopefully this time Apple just issues a statement saying "Stop sitting on your phone morons."

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

what do u mean this super thin, super light piece of aluminum bends when I sit on it in the plastic chairs at Taco Bell

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i would recommend everyone read that verge article where the guy cries over his new iphone and his wife exclaimes "its so big" about a 5 inch device

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

#bendghazi

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cream_Filling posted:

what the gently caress, are they doing squats with them or something

it's not that hard to set a delicate piece of electronics aside jeez

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

they should have used load-bearing motherboards

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

CrashCat posted:

someone who bought a phone too big to fit in their front pockets comfortably

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
btw the list of posters seriousposting to defend apple itt is already pretty damning evidence that apple is for poo poo people

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

wasn't there another thread exactly like this like a week ago :confused:

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
shiiiit bending issues? makes me kinda glad i wasn't able to nab the six then.

i might wait for a 6S then. it seems like every new version of the iphone was prone to stupid design flaws and was subsequently fixed with an update. 4 had antenna issues, the 5 had scuffing.

i dunno, maybe its just a bunch of fat fucks sitting on their expensive phones but my GS3 is still working fine so far. no harm in waiting.

meh. phones.

naem
May 29, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i have a moto g and it's pretty nice. that's my phone story

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

a retard posted:

i have a moto g and it's pretty nice. that's my phone story

Thank you for sharing. Help yourself to some tea and biscuits.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

CrashCat posted:

the iphone is simpler in every way until you're over at someone's house and they want to give you a file off their computer, you pull out your sync cable and then you realize you have to install some bullshit

yeah i know you can get around it with apps or some poo poo but :bang:

Yes, I often run into this scenario in my life.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a starwar betamax posted:

i would recommend everyone read that verge article where the guy cries over his new iphone and his wife exclaimes "its so big" about a 5 inch device

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Count Freebasie posted:

Yes, I often run into this scenario in my life.
yeah i get it, it's not common except for NEEEEEERDS but they keep putting in other features instead of making a simple easy fix for that

Risky
May 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Think about how tight your pants would have to be for that to happen. People are now trying to make "bendgate" a think like the idiotic antennagate, hopefully this time Apple just issues a statement saying "Stop sitting on your phone morons."

I love watching girls text on their phones with cracked screens because they were too dumb to realize that a computer is wedged in their back pocket before sitting down.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Do similar sized phones like the Galaxy Note have a bending problem though?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
all smartphones are poo poo whose express purpose is to datamine every last private detail of your life that remains and sell it to marketers, hth gbs

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

No because they are plastic pieces of poo poo. Complaining about your premium aluminum smartphone bending under direct pressure makes about as much sense as complaining that your new expensive sports car can't make it over a speed bump without scraping.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 24, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

no because plastic springs back

metal isnt actually better for phones, apple only uses it because its perceived as premium and because its harder to copy (for competitors)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress Your Website posted:

Science is bending phones for science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

Real science: if you bend a phone, it bends

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
jony ive just took his cue from zen koans and made the phone as flexible as reeds in a lake

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
crapple,imo

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Apple apologists across the internet thinking it's normal for a phone to be irreparably damaged with a little bit of bend force

loving laughing that they're right here on SA too

It's a safety feature, haven't you stupid fucks heard of crumple zones, DUH. It's freaking SPACE ALUMINIUM OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BEND IF YOU BEND IT. Uhhhhhhhhhh... it's a bigger phone than normal you GUYS... cut them some slack!!!!!

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Have apple users ever heard of phone cases?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

ShaunO posted:

Apple apologists across the internet thinking it's normal for a phone to be irreparably damaged with a little bit of bend force

loving laughing that they're right here on SA too

It's a safety feature, haven't you stupid fucks heard of crumple zones, DUH. It's freaking SPACE ALUMINIUM OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BEND IF YOU BEND IT. Uhhhhhhhhhh... it's a bigger phone than normal you GUYS... cut them some slack!!!!!
A little bit? Dude is white knuckling the gently caress out of that thing in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Have apple users ever heard of phone cases?

if you use a case ur a pussy

i got applecare+ and i use my iphone 6 naked all day and everyone is jealous

• Locked thread