Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's always funny to me when a young tribe votes for the older person. It's like getting rid of a wealth of experience.

edit - Bye Bye Twinnie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Toaster Ding posted:

Lmao, be incredibly homophobic and offensive to the only person who can save you, brilliant
Is it something about western culture that does this, like way too many gay sidekicks in "chick flicks"? Because this is just ridiculous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who missed the memo and voted for Baylor?

And who's Baylor?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Well that was a disaster for the ladies. :/

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blue squares posted:

"Time to explore, find things." gently caress, the black couple suck at this game. Now everyone suspects she has an idol.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught this.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

And who's Baylor?
3x divorced lady's daughter.

I think it was 5-3-1? I think...? So it would mean all the men voted the twinnie and a woman threw her vote away?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

And who's Baylor?

I think it must be Dale who voted for Baylor, although I don't know why.

And Baylor is part of the mom/daughter cheerleader couple. Both divorced I guess.

edit - Fast Luck, I think Baylor voted for the twinnie because she said she was voting with Josh.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Won't miss her.

Off to the BB thread.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet Val voted Baylor because she made every other dumb move so why not this one too

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Good beginning! I love survivor. We have some great characters this season. Let's hope it's close to as good as last spring. BB time!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

3x divorced lady's daughter.

I think it was 5-3-1? I think...? So it would mean all the men voted the twinnie and a woman threw her vote away?

But I thought she was the one who was scheming with the gay guy so would have known the vote was going the wrong way?

drat it, I hate that I can never keep track of names and faces this early.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Is it something about western culture that does this, like way too many gay sidekicks in "chick flicks"? Because this is just ridiculous.

I was thinking the opposite. I don't know exactly when she came to the US but, assuming she wasn't born here, I think a blatantly oversimplified view of homosexuality is more prevalent in Sri Lanka than here... ? I don't know the first thing about Sri Lanka to be honest. But at any rate..... hahahahahaha. By Twinnie.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
HAY GURLFRIEND :sparkles:

Okay, I'm making one last push in here.

Awful Survivor is currently taking signups, and if you have active fun watching this stuff on TV, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Josh voted for Baylor! Way to wimp out, Josh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, why the hell would Josh vote for Baylor after she said she would vote whichever way he did?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

But I thought she was the one who was scheming with the gay guy so would have known the vote was going the wrong way?

drat it, I hate that I can never keep track of names and faces this early.
Wow, Baylor backstabbed Nadiya, and the guy voted for Baylor for some reason. So he decided to make it a tie maybe? But why vote Baylor? But Baylor put the finishing move on Nadiya... Did he get wind of that and was mad at her?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh snap. Gay guy voted Baylor after telling her to vote out Nadiya? Massive overplay or genius move to displace blame?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Because he was afraid to take a side

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

But even if he's afraid to pick a side, why vote against someone who seemed like a friend?

And do you think it's just a coincidence that the woman he voted for also was betraying the woman's alliance?

drat editing.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

Because he was afraid to take a side

Yeah I think she probably told him which way she was voting and he asked if he could vote her so he wouldn't have to betray Nadiya. Seems like a really dumb move.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Oh snap. Gay guy voted Baylor after telling her to vote out Nadiya? Massive overplay or genius move to displace blame?

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

rafington posted:

Yeah I think she probably told him which way she was voting and he asked if he could vote her so he wouldn't have to betray Nadiya. Seems like a really dumb move.

playing for that jury

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So he voted for the person who seemed to trust him completely and who presumably betrayed the girls at his behest?

There has to be more to that than simple cowardice, doesn't there? He must have been trying to set her up for some reason.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.

Ok if thats it, it could be smart

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

playing for that jury

Yeah that's the reason I question it, seems bizarre that you'd feel that bad about voting someone out on day loving 3.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

GOod Post. Perhaps you should play Awful Survivor. AWful Survivor, sign-up thread here, is about to start a new season. So if you're able to set aside 30min-1hr twice a week for challenges you can experience exactly what it's like to be on Survivor. How can a fan not be interested

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah, it seems like something like that but it seems like a big overplay for Day 3. The girls alliance is meaningless now since its just two people who have to fall in line so there's no real reason to pass off your vote. And setting up someone who trusts you seems to just be doing unnecessary damage to yourself. I just don't really see the upside here. You burn one person to try and save face with two others? On day 3?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bummed about the boot; Nadiya seemed to be the most interesting of the people who could have been potentially voted off. Dale was mildly entertaining and likable, but he didn't seem like he had all that much left in him and Val was pretty unremarkable considering the amount of screen time she got in a premiere (and as someone who went to Exile, found an idol clue and spearheaded an alliance).

There didn't seem like there was anyone truly unbearable in the cast, and it was more interesting than it seemed like based on the initial reveal. Not an outstanding premiere, but I'm cautiously optimistic relative to how I felt before the episode.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

GOod Post. Perhaps you should play Awful Survivor. AWful Survivor, sign-up thread here, is about to start a new season. So if you're able to set aside 30min-1hr twice a week for challenges you can experience exactly what it's like to be on Survivor. How can a fan not be interested

Explain to me how it is not incredibly dorky and is actually fun. I looked at the OP the last two years but I just don't get how Survivor on a forum could possibly work

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
I think whole "Dale breaking his glasses" scene really set up some poignant imagery for the viewer this evening. In Dale's mind one can imagine such a gallant act evoking real feeling of camaraderie, and in another era, one where Dale was a younger man, closer in spirit to the ones around him might have been. In turn, how deeply we all feel that chasm of the gulf of time that separates Dale from his other tribemates? How wretched he must have felt when his noble moment had gone as quickly as it appeared! How too will we feel later this season when a challenge that requires reading a clue is hilariously fumbled by a seasoned and cagier (yet ironically nearsighted) Dale?

Bravo CBS. I look forward to another season of glorious drama.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

Explain to me how it is not incredibly dorky and is actually fun. I looked at the OP the last two years but I just don't get how Survivor on a forum could possibly work
Hmm well I got recruited from this thread into that game and it was pretty fun. I mean, of COURSE it's incredibly dorky but every little thing with playing out variations on numbers, seeing potential alliances and voting blocs, socializing with people and trying to keep them with you or influence them... you really do get to put those sorts of things into practice. Except instead of being on an island on TV you're sitting at a computer at home or whatever but it's cool. A lot of people from that game and community I still talk to and lemme tell ya when I finished a puzzle fastest and got an immunity idol clue and then cracked the clue and got an idol, or when we blindsided Cap Andy, or when I alienated all the jurors with my FTC speech and lost, it was fun

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You can not have a freaking #blindside on day 1!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

You can not have a freaking #blindside on day 1!

They put that hashtag on EVERY eviction last year

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Come on, guys. A blindside is any eviction where you aren't 100% sure you were going home.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it seems like something like that but it seems like a big overplay for Day 3. The girls alliance is meaningless now since its just two people who have to fall in line so there's no real reason to pass off your vote. And setting up someone who trusts you seems to just be doing unnecessary damage to yourself. I just don't really see the upside here. You burn one person to try and save face with two others? On day 3?

It's not really burning her though. It's keeping all options open and allowing your two person alliance to stay informed on both sides. Plus it's wayyyy too early to assume the guys are solid or that the tribe will even exist in its current makeup until merge so why not just leave doors open in the event things change.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's not really burning her though. It's keeping all options open and allowing your two person alliance to stay informed on both sides. Plus it's wayyyy too early to assume the guys are solid or that the tribe will even exist in its current makeup until merge so why not just leave doors open in the event things change.

Yeah but I honestly think you're giving Josh too much credit. Rule number one of Survivor is that the castaways are all dumb

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

On one hand that's a clever play, on the other it seems way too complicated this early.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sportsgenius86 posted:

The girls alliance is down to 3 members at this point, they have no power and will scramble to get in good with the guys.

I'm pretty sure that Baylor and Josh cooperated on this scheme and the reason why they did is to secure Josh's position in the guys alliance. They probably said "we are voting out the Nadiya, but dont tell any of the girls, in case Val has an idol." If there would have been 6 votes Nadiya the guys would have known that someone leaked the information. This way Baylor and Josh can keep their alliance hidden from anyone.

I hope the next boot is Val, she just sucks. Why does she try to start an all girls alliance with 4 people? Josh would always feel like the gay man out. And why did she not share the idol clue with the firefighter guy, to built a strong intertribal alliance with the firefighters? I guess blame for that should go to her husband as well, because he should have send someone, who's significant other was an easier target for Val to bond with than 22 year old Wes. His best bet would probably have been Reed.

Rocker on the hand seems to play a very laid back game, performs in challenges and has a shot at making the merge. I think the confessional about targeting Wes was more about production asking the right questions and editing it the right way, than him really targeting Wes now that they have the all guys alliance.

Birth Ritual
Jul 22, 2004

Was hoping to see a GIF by now of John Rocker getting a sweaty crotch in his face when getting people up the wall...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Apparently Josh changed his vote to Baylor last second during Tribal Council, which is very suprising to me. Might put him in hot water with Baylor.

• Locked thread