Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

South Park is back! Season 18 begins Wednesday, September 24 and runs through Wednesday, December 10th, although there will not be a new episode the week of Thanksgiving.

In case you're unaware (have you been living under a rock?), South Park is a television cartoon for adults that chronicles the adventures of four foul-mouthed boys who live in the fictional town of South Park, Colorado. If you've never seen it (seriously?), you can watch the entire series at South Park Studios, although not for much longer -- but we'll get to that in a second.

So what's happened since last year?

South Park: The Stick of Truth
If you haven't played the game and you like the show, you should really check this out. Developed by Obsidian with a script supplied by Matt and Trey, it's essentially a Japanese RPG parody where-in you play the new kid in town - and you can decide how your character looks, which influences the dialog. It's loving hilarious, so go play it now.

Hulu
Hulu signed in a deal (in the US) for exclusive rights to digital distribution of the full back catalogue. So unfortunately sometime in the near future, some of the old episodes will go behind the paywall for US users. But good news, the newest five (or so) episodes will continue to be available in HD for free on South Park Studios, along with a rotating catalogue, on a variety of devices (even mobile). This is actually an improvement, as it used to be that the new episode was only available for about 7 days, went away, and then re-appeared as part of the back catalogue after a month or so.

Anyway, onto season 18!
Today during the Washington Redskins game, South Park ran a trailer promoting the season premiere, which you can see on YouTube here, mocking the recent name controversy. I'll post more details on the new episode as soon as they're available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

South Park Studios.com posted:

Season 18 Premiere Press Release
The Washington Redskins open up shop in South Park on an all-new episode Wednesday, September 24 at 10p ET/PT on Comedy Central.

——–
All-New Season 18 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD Exclusively on Hulu And SouthPark.cc.com
——–

NEW YORK, September 22, 2014 – The boys launch a Kickstarter campaign and get down to business on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Go Fund Yourself” premiering Wednesday, September 24 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

After Cartman and the boys name their new company, The Washington Redskins, they just sit back and watch the funding roll in. The head coach of the Washington Redskins football team demands that they change the name but Cartman digs in his heels. The Washington Redskins may never mean the same thing ever again.

The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere. The episodes are also available for purchase in SD and HD on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network and Vudu.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 18 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
What's the name of the music at the end? Are they going to parody Dubstep in a later ep?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Violet_Sky posted:

What's the name of the music at the end? Are they going to parody Dubstep in a later ep?
Music? It's just a bunch of people making GBS threads!

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Press images for tonight's episode:

And here's the on-site preview clip for tonight's new episode.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yes, finally.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So ready for them to be back. And also so ready for them to take on the Skins. My childhood football team... it's been a long 20 years. :negative:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
As a Redskins fan, watching that ad during the game be that incredibly goddamn blatant about going "gently caress you, Redskins" was equal parts startling and hilarious. I hope this episode lives up to that promise.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I can only hope they eviscerate the NFL for all the other stuff going on in the last couple of weeks.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Its back! Holy poo poo. Guys I'm HIV positive this is the best thing to happen this month.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i haven't had cable tv in about 5 years and haven't live-watched an episode of South Park since. My body is ready.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That Book of Mormon plug hahaha

e: Holy poo poo, new intro and it's weird as hell :stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So is South Park Studios about to be pay-only? What was posted about Hulu sounds like what Adult Swim does online.

e- And the flagrant use of the Redskins Team of Football Players Based Just Outside Washington, DC logos because of the trademark being lifted. :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 25, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dense boner forest

e: Start Up
Cash In
Sell Out
Bro Down

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 25, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WHERE DID RG3 GO

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

^^^ I just thought to myself "Is that Kirk Cousins?".

South Park's got a great opportunity to skewer the name controversy here and I hope they don't (pardon the pun) fumble it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Washington Redskins go gently caress yourself

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha, this is great. I love Cartman looking like Goodell.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Hah they changed RG3 to Kirk Cousins.

Jangles
Apr 1, 2006

shyduck posted:

WHERE DID RG3 GO

MRI machine

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

Hah they changed RG3 to Kirk Cousins.

They didn't even acknowledge it. Nice touch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

South Park's got a great opportunity to skewer the name controversy here and I hope they don't (pardon the pun) fumble it.

Nah, this is probably gonna end on "Indians should stop being so offended, the pussies."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha holy poo poo, ISIS admires Cartman's company

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, they just referenced Robin Meade. I'm still waiting for a Nancy Grace appearance.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A single tear

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Bless this show for its usage of Sad Redskin.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha, this is great. I love Cartman looking like Goodell.

I missed the reference. I saw the blonde hair and...missed the reference. :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Once you take a stand, you're pretending that your company is about more than money."

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Yessssss poo poo on the NFL

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Crying Indian Dan Snyder.

Also, holy crap, I know Kirk Cousins, a dude I know made South Park

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Loving the crying indian

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is this the company where I don't get raped

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I appreciate this episode immensely having spent the last year living in NoVa and living this debate more often than I should like to

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Nah, this is probably gonna end on "Indians should stop being so offended, the pussies."

If this ends on "Native Americans have the right to be offended, but where the gently caress were the rest of you 30 years ago? Go screw yourself, Harry Reid", I will be impressed.

Bonus points if Cartman gets a letter from Congress.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Kind of a bummer that the first episode of the season has a reference I don't get because I don't follow sports

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something kind of odd I noticed was that in one of the news reports about their start up the TV in the background had the name they didn't actually ever use on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh lord they sampled Roger Goodell :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

HOLY gently caress AN ACTUAL GOODELL AUDIO CLIP. :vince:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
YES!

• Locked thread