Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Volkerball posted:

McNabb went to 4 straight NFC championship games, and Culpepper had one of the best, coolest seasons in NFL history.

Culpepper basically set the standard for fun QB for me. His was my first jersey and I'll hold onto it after it's worn and tattered.

I pretended to care about the UFL because of him.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

I'm pretty sure if I hosed up in my office, people would care.

So are you arguing with the Tannehill character in that joke or just hoping someone cares about you or what

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
COME ON JOHNSON WHERES YOUR POCKET PRESENCE

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE YOUR NAME STAMP?!?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

I forgot about Zeitler, but he's coming back in 2 weeks. AJ missed a game and came back the next. The rest will be ready after the bye week (with a big maybe on Burfict). I wouldn't consider any of those injuries major or worth worrying about.

Yeah I don't think that they're worrisome or long term problems, but they are major losses within the games. The fact the team has looked as dominant as they have, against pretty good competition, while important pieces are missing at any given time, is encouraging. In particular, no AJ and no Marvin against Atlanta should have been a problem, but the team was able to compensate in a major way. That's impressive to me.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm surprised the NFL aren't forcing the team to play him at RT all game tbh or something. The NFL and their media associates over here love Menelik Watson because he's perceived as having the chance to be a NFL starter (he'll never be a NFL starter but 2nd-round pick from a year ago at a position no-one can evaluate means it'll be a while before people give up on him), he's very visibly and proudly British and is perceived as British first and foremost, he's on a team who probably have more name recognition than almost any other in Britain (you see a LOT of Raiders merchandise in London because of it being a fashion thing and such), and so on.

The magazine I write for had him on the front cover this issue and had like a three- or four-page feature on him inside, as a Raiders fan it's kinda hilarious to see the hype train he's got going.

Dude, in Australia in the 90's we got the Darren loving Bennett coverage overshadowing every single aspect of NFL information and it was mind numbingly painful. I hate Darren Bennett so damned much, even though everyone here says he was awesome (probably because he was a football player first and a punter second and actively sought out contact) but when the coverage tries to relate everything about football to one single player on a team you don't care about, it sucks. When that player is a loving punter it's downright infuriating.

butlerson
Feb 12, 2011

Volkerball posted:

I'm real sorry about what's gonna happen, UK. Poor fools. :smith:

Haha mate, two of my friend were up there today. Both British, both Packer fans and well into football. One is volunteering with free tickets to the game tomorrow. They know it's a poo poo match up, you don't live in Britain and follow football to not realise that.

It's like if you're a Martian captivated on the goings on of planet Earth. Then some idiot fires a rocket to you with some of the most idiotic humans you know. You don't care, you've fixated on the goings on of these humans whatever they choose to do, you're gonna be so drat excited they're here because it's such a rare and fascinating event. It's your only human fix you're gonna get and you're grateful for it.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Speaking of being fascinated by just how stupid humans are and the things that they can do...

http://m.bigskypress.com/GreenRoom/archives/2014/09/26/ill-loving-cut-you-behind-the-scenes-of-the-1491s-segment-on-the-daily-show

Here's a behind the scenes write up from Migizi Pensoneau. One of the Native Americans from the comedy troupe, The 1491's, invited to film the Daily Show segment about the Washington name change. Here's an excerpt:

quote:

The next morning, football Sunday, the three of us went to FedEx Field as part of the show. “The Daily Show” taped us wandering around the “Redskins Nation” tailgate, though that never made it on air. I, rather naively, thought maybe we’d be able use our presence at the tailgate as a way to showcase our humanity, and let the Washington Team know that there are Native Americans out there who are among them—real people not relegated to the eternal myth of history. Maybe we’d change a mind or two. Or, at least, maybe some ignorant hilarity could be caught on camera. It was worth a try, so with a camera crew following us, one little, two little and a third big Indian struck out into FedEx Field’s Redskin Nation tailgate.

That did not go as I’d hoped.

There were points during that hour-long experience where I actually was afraid for my life. I have never been so blatantly threatened, mocked or jeered. It was so intense, so full of vitriol that none of the footage ended up being used in the segment. I’m a big dude—6’1”, and a lotta meat on the bones. But a blonde little wisp of a girl completely freaked me out as I waited in line for the bathroom. “Is that shirt supposed to be funny?” she asked motioning to my satirical “Caucasians” T-shirt. And then she said, “I’ll loving cut you.” Actually, she didn’t scare me so much as the wannabe linebackers standing behind her who looked like they wanted to make good on her threat.

On one level, I get it. I’m walking around with an ironic T-shirt on, being a Native in the middle of FedEx Field with a camera crew from “The Daily Show” nearby. But amid the jeers, mocking and threats, did I cry, and accuse them of ambush? No, because I knew what I was getting myself into. It’s “The Daily Show.” I know the format. More than that though, I didn’t back down or break down because I knew in my heart and conscience I was doing the right thing, as silly as the method may have been.

Sources later confirmed that the "blonde little wisp of a girl" quoted in the bolded text was actually Daniel Snyder in a wig.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm surprised the NFL aren't forcing the team to play him at RT all game tbh or something. The NFL and their media associates over here love Menelik Watson because he's perceived as having the chance to be a NFL starter (he'll never be a NFL starter but 2nd-round pick from a year ago at a position no-one can evaluate means it'll be a while before people give up on him), he's very visibly and proudly British and is perceived as British first and foremost, he's on a team who probably have more name recognition than almost any other in Britain (you see a LOT of Raiders merchandise in London because of it being a fashion thing and such), and so on.

The magazine I write for had him on the front cover this issue and had like a three- or four-page feature on him inside, as a Raiders fan it's kinda hilarious to see the hype train he's got going.

He played pretty solidly when he was in last season. Just couldn't stay healthy to the point that he'd make Chaz Schilens feel like ironman. Also it's kind of funny that Jack Crawford got cut in preseason and then got signed to the Cowboys active roster. Totally missing out on his 15 minutes of fame. He would've been the most famous scrub DE in the NFL if he was still on the team. Well, the second most famous.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I guess MetLife stadium has transforming the stadium down pretty well. ND/Syracuse right now and Jets/Lions at one tomorrow.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

beejay posted:

So are you arguing with the Tannehill character in that joke or just hoping someone cares about you or what

yes

Stephen Tulloch would do a celebration dance again if given the opportunity

What a cool guy

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 28, 2014

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Ehud posted:

SPORTS LOBSTER

I can only read this in a B-52s voice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Well, this game will be a bikini whale.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Doo doo doo doodoo DOO doo DOO doo, SPORTSLOBSTER!

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Apparently Sportlobster is a social network. Because the world didn't have enough of those.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kawalimus posted:

Poor misunderstood lightning man.

Mods, change Ross' name to this, tia.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
A fockin chav nicked me mobile. Oim right buggered m8 - Ryan Tannehill gets pumped for game day

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

football fuckerman posted:

A fockin chav nicked me mobile. Oim right buggered m8 - Ryan Tannehill gets pumped for game day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwoPciPwZWQ

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Atticus Finch posted:

I forgot about Zeitler, but he's coming back in 2 weeks. AJ missed a game and came back the next. The rest will be ready after the bye week (with a big maybe on Burfict). I wouldn't consider any of those injuries major or worth worrying about.

Turf toe eventually ended Jack Lambert's career

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I'm the punter, tax fraud.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Jonathan Ogden too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just google turf toe if you don't think it's a serious injury. It sounds lame, but it's nasty as hell.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yea turf toe is pretty high up on the list of things that are way gnarlier than they sound.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Codependent Poster posted:

Just google turf toe if you don't think it's a serious injury. It sounds lame, but it's nasty as hell.

People wouldn't talk poo poo about if they just called it "torn ligament in his toe"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

At first I mistook Jack Lambert for Jack Dempsey, who I always mix up with Tom Dempsey, and I was like uhhh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

At first I mistook Jack Lambert for Jack Dempsey, who I always mix up with Tom Dempsey, and I was like uhhh

Jack Dempsey punched above his weight at the very least.

Also boxing needed a few rule changes back then because drat.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Whitehurst is getting the start. Adjust your fantasy teams accordingly.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Jack Dempsey punched above his weight at the very least.

Also boxing needed a few rule changes back then because drat.

Yeah, but I thought he was saying Tom Dempsey retired because of turf toe, and Tom Dempsey didn't have toes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

davecrazy posted:

Whitehurst is getting the start. Adjust your fantasy teams accordingly.

HE HATH RISEN

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
:siren::siren::siren:

quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49m

Fire alarm at Eagles hotel in SF went off at about 2:00 am PT. Nothing like an early morning fire alarm on the day of.

:siren::siren::siren:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Haha, and the Saints bitched because we threw eggs at their bus.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

What would happen if there was a dedicated fan harassment campaign of the opposing team? Like, not one thing like this, but if it was an ongoing thing all night. Like, bomb threats, fire alarms, fireworks, a marching band going down the hall etcetera

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

someone hosed up setting their half time alarm

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

because, you see, they don't wake up and start playing until haaaahhhhhh forget it.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

What would happen if there was a dedicated fan harassment campaign of the opposing team? Like, not one thing like this, but if it was an ongoing thing all night. Like, bomb threats, fire alarms, fireworks, a marching band going down the hall etcetera

then billy would be all drowsy for the actual game the next day

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

Chip actually did it to give himself more time to prepare the smoothies for game time.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

wasn't there some university a couple years ago that had to cancels classes for weeks, if not months, because one rear end in a top hat who knew how to properly use tor, VPNs, and proxies kept sending anonymous untraceable emails with bomb threats

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I dunno, but I need a more light hearted scandal so here's to hoping it was DeSean Jackson going Dr. Chaos on the Eagles.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

nrr posted:

because, you see, they don't wake up and start playing until haaaahhhhhh forget it.

hah!

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I dunno, but I need a more light hearted scandal so here's to hoping it was DeSean Jackson going Dr. Chaos on the Eagles.

desean Jackson still thinks he beat the eagles last week, so he's definitely not involved.

I also have doubts about desean jacksons ability to discover fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

then it would be the FIFA World Cup

• Locked thread