Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I just love how they brush it off as "unexpected high volumes of players." You make millions of dollars from this game, get more servers or better servers. You can absolutely afford it.

The high volume probably only lasts a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

And some ultra hacker dudes are claiming to have taken down the ea servers over the weekend. I guess that doesn't help

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Up to division 6 now. Won the league crown in every go around so far so things are progressing smoothly. I'm going to need a better team here soon as I can feel my left back beginning to get abused, but i've been able to keep him upright so far. He even has a few goals because he's my team's best penalty taker at 84 ovr.

This greek team is also a blast.

thompson fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 29, 2014

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

RCarr posted:

I got a few free legacy packs or something for playing previous versions of the game. "Surely they will all be garbage", I tell myself.

First pack - Neymar
Second pack - Van Persie

:stare:
I was told I got at least one pack for playing 14, but they never showed up.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
Is the game saving results / pro club stats yet?

E: Apparently it is, gonna get me some Pro Clubs tonight.

Heskie fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 29, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

inSTAALed posted:

Congrats on being able to buy basically any team you want forever!

Would selling now be my best bet? I'm terrible at the football pokemon market.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RCarr posted:

Yeah, the longer you hold on to players in UT generally the more the market becomes saturated because more people are buying packs and opening them and getting what they want. At some point in several months many of the players will be going for half what they are now..

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

RCarr posted:

Yeah, sell sell sell.

If they do go up in the near future, it will be short term, and not by much. Most players generally crater in value after a couple weeks.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I wouldn't sell until they fix connectivity issues. The phone app and web app not allowing transfers means less exposure

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I wouldn't sell until they fix connectivity issues. The phone app and web app not allowing transfers means less exposure

They may have less exposure, but that certainly means there are less players on the market than would be the norm, which could drive the price up as well. I have noticed a lot of players and especially consumable on XB1/360 go up in price because of the down time of the web app. And of course all of this means that if he is on a playstation, it doesn't matter. They have full activity of the web app as far as I know.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sell your high rated players now, play with mediocre. Prices and the market will only go down from here.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
First Web App issue:

It's been stuck on Completing for at least five minutes.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Captain Trips posted:

First Web App issue:

Welcome to FUT.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Captain Trips posted:

First Web App issue:

When it's been 5 days you have something to complain about.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Players get stuck occasionally like that. It's happened in '13 and '14. At least you can use your web app you lucky bastard.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

inSTAALed posted:

Yeah, sell sell sell.

If they do go up in the near future, it will be short term, and not by much. Most players generally crater in value after a couple weeks.

I checked quick last night and Van Persie was only going for ~75,000. Isn't that really low? I could have sworn he went for a few hundred thousand in last years version. What should I expect to get for RVP and Neymar?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

RCarr posted:

I checked quick last night and Van Persie was only going for ~75,000. Isn't that really low? I could have sworn he went for a few hundred thousand in last years version. What should I expect to get for RVP and Neymar?

75 / 325 is my guess. I could be way off.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hey everyone, use FutDB.net if you're trying to sell/buy players.

RCarr posted:

Van Persie going for 80k buyouts: http://futdb.net/Players/q/Robin_van_Persie/70002168
Neymar going for 320k buyouts: http://futdb.net/Players/q/Neymar/7002EC6D
I've noticed this year and from previous years, players always sell higher on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. So if you're sitting on a guy to sell, wait till the weekend obviously.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Soulex posted:

Sell your high rated players now, play with mediocre. Prices and the market will only go down from here.
This as well. Unless it's an In-Form, the prices are going to be always dropping at this point.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm sure you all have noticed by now, but in case you haven't, shooting for the near post seems to give you a greater chance at a goal in FIFA 15. -
I've noticed another easy way to score goals is by going for those narrow shots just next to the goal.

Exibit A with Shinji Okasaki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdNJCWOD4o

Exibit B with Rodrigo Palacio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAAik5pwE8

Look at that amazing goalkeeper AI, look at how well he protects the side netting!

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
welplands

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Tzen posted:

This as well. Unless it's an In-Form, the prices are going to be always dropping at this point.

Pogba went up 15k since I bought him. This is the exception to the rule.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Bony has went up twice as much as when I bought him as well.

I am realizing that it started me with Ramsey as my best player so I decided to go ahead and do an EPL team, and just how boring it is because you just end up with top 4 team players mixed together.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

T Bowl posted:

I am realizing that it started me with Ramsey as my best player so I decided to go ahead and do an EPL team, and just how boring it is because you just end up with top 4 team players mixed together.
You could say this about basically any non-hybrid gold team tbf, EA's ratings have always been dictated to a ridiculous extent by "well, does he play for a big club or Man Utd"

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Getting used to the game a bit more now, still probably prefer last years effort though.

I've got a serie a squad based off the one posted earlier in the thread, and Fernando Torres is a pretty good option for a striker if you don't want to shell out for Tevez. He's been banging them in.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What do you think is better about 14? I can't think of anything.. there are still problems but the passing and sprinting radius on the joystick is so much better that alone is a huge improvement.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

T Bowl posted:

Same, I got Rooney and Sturridge and it's really dull.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Is there an Xbox one version of Parmos? Any of you xbox one fellas play pro clubs?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Machinegunboyo posted:

Is there an Xbox one version of Parmos? Any of you xbox one fellas play pro clubs?

I would love to get a club going. Anyone else?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I play clubs with whoever just hop around as needed, i'd play.. game tag Travisfowl

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

I would love to get a club going. Anyone else?

I'd probs join in. Gettington Ript needs to get back out there and regrow his sweet 'fro.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Raffles posted:

I've got a serie a squad based off the one posted earlier in the thread, and Fernando Torres is a pretty good option for a striker if you don't want to shell out for Tevez. He's been banging them in.

Really? I always avoided Torres on my BPL teams before because he wasn't great at anything compared to others and I already have Klose, Mario Gomez, Totti and Llorente (I want to get Palacio this evening as Tevez is still crazy expensive).

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Guillermus posted:

Really? I always avoided Torres on my BPL teams before because he wasn't great at anything compared to others and I already have Klose, Mario Gomez, Totti and Llorente (I want to get Palacio this evening as Tevez is still crazy expensive).

do it he is good and his rat tail is stunning in Glorious High Definition 1080P

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

inSTAALed posted:

do it he is good and his rat tail is stunning in Glorious High Definition 1080P

Since my last post I played three matches with the Rattail and god drat is great and got him for only 3.9k coins (PC). Also I suspect that Llorente just uses his strenght stat for everything:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How are all the coaches used exactly? Fitness coach for instance, am I just supposed to store it in my club and it will boost the fitness recovery speed of my squad?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

T Bowl posted:

How are all the coaches used exactly? Fitness coach for instance, am I just supposed to store it in my club and it will boost the fitness recovery speed of my squad?

When you use one of the restore fitness cards, it will add that percentage to how much it restores. Same goes for managers with raising how many games contracts give when you use them on players or the physio's and how many games they reduce injuries when you use an injury recovery card on a player.

They just make consumables better.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ok, I half assed UT basically every year before late in the games lifespan cause I was bored with the regular modes I played. One other question I have is about fitness overall, realistically how far down do you want to go on fitness before you give a player/team a card or rest them?

I figured anything below 90 fitness and I was going to hurt myself going up against an opponent at full rest. I normally rotate the depth players in and play with a second string team and then go back to my main one to keep full fitness anyway but I am wondering how far you really should push the fitness.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

With the increase in fatigue this year it would be crazy not use fitness squads

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

DangerZoneDelux posted:

With the increase in fatigue this year it would be crazy not use fitness squads

Yeah, I noticed the method I said above doesn't work as well this time because after a game my midfielders are usually still 96-98, not full rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Yeah, it is usually best to have at least two teams and have the bench/reserves of one team be the starters of the other team. Then you can swap back and forth between them to make sure you are always playing with a rested squad.

• Locked thread