Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Like we all havent had that time where we took way too many psychedelics and barricaded the front door with the couch after collecting all the sharp instruments in the house and carving all the eyes out of every poster in the place before retiring back in our pillow and blanket fort for a little aftenoon whittling

I cut out all the dancing bears from the grateful dead poster because they wouldn't stop dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Viggen posted:

That still doesn't explain the Deus Ex inspired sleeve, though.

It just showed up on his arm, he never asked for it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It was already on that arm when he got it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh thats not as bad as i thought it was, lot deeper than expected though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eh, I've had worse from jerking off.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Eh thats not as bad as i thought it was, lot deeper than expected though.

Yeah, not too bad, you'll get a nice scar - got a scar the same place on left index finger from an axe.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I dont remember these being so obscenely large.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I saw a brownish Civic for sale in the next town. Haven't seen one for years and your thread appears. Now there's a survivor kicking around locally.

Anyhow, that fix-a-biturbo agreement has me curious. Would the eventual selling price increase be larger than the amount you would be paid to fix it? If so, you are either being screwed or given a valuable lesson that you should never own a biturbo. If not, you are being sponsored and encouraged to repair and own it. I don't know which is worse.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

KozmoNaut posted:

Eh, I've had worse from jerking off.

Jerking off what? The Terminator?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:wtc: Best nightmare inducing username/post combo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Speaking of this thread did the Biturbo eat dicks hand or something.. its been quite some time and no words.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
He sat in it and the spiders finally swarmed him. :ohdear:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

He sat in it and the spiders finally swarmed him. :ohdear:

It's like that scene from the Lost In Space movie.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For those of you that missed it I had a post in the misc chat thread about life being lovely. I've really not had the time or energy to do anything beyond the most basic life needs.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Best of luck man. You have my contact info if you want to talk to anyone.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sucks your life is lovely. Get better soon.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

For those of you that missed it I had a post in the misc chat thread about life being lovely. I've really not had the time or energy to do anything beyond the most basic life needs.

Hope everything turns out alright in the end dude :(

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, good luck with stuff and I hope it gets better. :(

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dick Trauma posted:

Jerking off what? The Terminator?

Long fingernails.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

This could almost be 13 Inch's vacation home.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holy Christ, I am going to check the poo poo out of my homeowners' policy:

quote:

Magee said State Farm claims the policy doesn’t cover spiders. However, Magee said the exclusion is for insects, and courts in other states have held that spiders are not insects.

In addition, State Farm is claiming that even though the house has thousands of spiders, that does not amount to “physical damage,” he said.

I wonder what it sounds like when they run a vacuum through there to clean up all the spider corpses after fumigation.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
"courts in other states have held that spiders are not insects"
A child could tell you that.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

quote:

In addition, State Farm is claiming that even though the house has thousands of spiders, that does not amount to “physical damage,” he said.
No, but the fire needed to make it clean will.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Nope.

Nope, nope, nope, nope. Nothing you could do, short of burning the house to the ground and salting the earth around the house before rebuilding, could make me live on that property.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
loving call Stephen King lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Makes me wonder what in the hell 4500-6000 brown recluse spiders could be eating. One answer is "each other" but that's not sustainable obviously and should have crashed their population. Spiders are obviously insectivores, so... the house has to have some additional massive infestation of spider food in order to spur huge population explosions of predatory spiders.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Leperflesh posted:

Makes me wonder what in the hell 4500-6000 brown recluse spiders could be eating. One answer is "each other" but that's not sustainable obviously and should have crashed their population. Spiders are obviously insectivores, so... the house has to have some additional massive infestation of spider food in order to spur huge population explosions of predatory spiders.

The only other possible explanation, already ruled out by which paper it's in, is that the house was in Australia

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
Is that a wolf spider? gently caress those quick little things!

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Wolf spiders are our friends. They chill in your room and murder insects.

Then they crawl over your bed at night and onto your face and stop being your friends. I screamed like a loving girl.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

no no no no no no no no

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wolf spiders are cool as hell. SA is all like "oh jumping spiders are so cute they are our friends" but you can't help but be impressed when you watch a wolf spider run a train on dozens of ants pouring out of an ant hill without taking a scratch.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

One night many moons ago I was driving home from my girlfriend's place and pulling onto the Merritt Parkway from one of those stop sign on"ramps". It was late so there was no traffic but I did a shoulder check to make sure I could merge, and when I turned my head to look ahead, there was a spider dangling right in front of my face. At the time I drove a Wrangler with a beat up soft top and I really never zipped up my windows, so it was easy for bugs to get in.

Mind you, as there was no other traffic and the Merritt is unlit, after I hysterically batted it away, I had no loving idea where it went (soft top Jeeps have no dome light, you see). The rest of my 30 minute drive home, any breeze that rustled the hairs on my arms or anywhere else on my body had me squirming thinking it was crawling all over me. I've never been happier to get home and the gently caress out of my Jeep than I was that night.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

One night many moons ago I was driving home from my girlfriend's place and pulling onto the Merritt Parkway from one of those stop sign on"ramps". It was late so there was no traffic but I did a shoulder check to make sure I could merge, and when I turned my head to look ahead, there was a spider dangling right in front of my face. At the time I drove a Wrangler with a beat up soft top and I really never zipped up my windows, so it was easy for bugs to get in.

Mind you, as there was no other traffic and the Merritt is unlit, after I hysterically batted it away, I had no loving idea where it went (soft top Jeeps have no dome light, you see). The rest of my 30 minute drive home, any breeze that rustled the hairs on my arms or anywhere else on my body had me squirming thinking it was crawling all over me. I've never been happier to get home and the gently caress out of my Jeep than I was that night.

My buddy dropped off his Chrysler 300 for warranty service. On the highway home he lowers the sun visor and a pile of huge spiders fall out.

Called the dealership afterward to let them know they might have a spider problem, and the service writer was like "we've gotten that complaint a lot lately."

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Seat Safety Switch posted:

he lowers the sun visor and a pile of huge spiders fall out

This is better than glitter.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wolf spiders are cool as hell. SA is all like "oh jumping spiders are so cute they are our friends" but you can't help but be impressed when you watch a wolf spider run a train on dozens of ants pouring out of an ant hill without taking a scratch.

Wolf spiders don't even make webs. They hide out in the rocks and just murder any bugs they see. I killed a black widow the size of a quarter the other day in my garage. gently caress those guys.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pretty sure that SimAnt doesnt count dude

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS
Since we're now posting about spiders ITT I'll tell you all a story.

Once a few years ago I was sitting in a recliner rocking my child to sleep when I felt something brushing around the side of my head. I sort of swiped at it with my hand and felt whatever it was scuttle onto my ear lobe and I thought, "OH GOD NO!" and took an even bigger more forceful swipe at it. Luck however was not on my side and I felt whatever it was scurry down into my ear. At this point every nerve in your body is screaming at you to just leap up and run around flailing, but I was holding an infant. So I went to the bedroom and frantically woke my wife up. "Here, hold the kid"

Then I proceeded to run around in a circle shaking my head and slapping my ear, then I tried to hold my head sideways and throw water up into my ear hoping to flush the critter out. Eventually my wife put the kid down in her bed and came to check on me. I had her look down into my ear with a flashlight "Yup, I can see a spider in there peering out at me, fuckn' creepy." You think it's creepy for you? I can hear the thing skittering around on my ear drum and it's really loud!

It was the middle of the night and I didn't want to have to pay for a visit to the ER, so I calmed myself the hell down and started trying to google up a solution. Google search results for "spider in ear" were not loving helpful at all. I kept coming up with poo poo like "My cousin got a spider in his ear and it ate his brain." Eventually I started searching for "insect ear removal" and the like. That's when I learned that it's actually perfectly safe to put alcohol in your ear.

So the plan was to pour alcohol in my ear and kill the thing and go to the GP the next day to get it removed. So I laid on my side and had the wife pour 90% isopropyl alcohol into my ear. Lo and behold the thing crawls up out of my ear as it dies, once again my wife says "creepy". I saved it in a tupperware container for a while in case my ear fell off at a later date and I needed something to show to the people at the hospital. But this story has a happy ending, I still have both ears and the spider is little more than a dried up husk in a plastic container somewhere on a shelf in my office.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Holy gently caress :stonk:
I had a tiny palmetto bug explore my foot in traffic today while I wasn't able to brush it off, and I thought that was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I forget exactly what program & channel it was on but there was something I saw years ago that touched on spider bites and it told a story about a woman who kept waking up with tons of red sores. Her doctor noticed something a bit odd about said sores when she finally came in.

Turned out she had a poo poo ton of brown recluses living between her mattresses and they'd come out at night. When she moved in her sleep she'd get bitten.

• Locked thread