Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I know compared to the H2 this isn't a big deal but the new Versys 650 and 1000 also leaked and they're not (that) ugly anymore!

Kawi is kind of crushing it lately.

This or the s1000XR is going to be my next motorcycle. They're pretty much the perfect tall person friendly jack of all trades yet still fun to ride motorcycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I know compared to the H2 this isn't a big deal but the new Versys 650 and 1000 also leaked and they're not (that) ugly anymore!

Kawi is kind of crushing it lately.

I never thought the Versyi were that bad looking, they just shared the generally poor build quality / tendency to get grungy and rusty fast with the Ninja 650.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Frosty- posted:

Yeah, the huge amount of obvious carbon fiber, obscene wings, and lack of any detectable headlights makes me think this baby will be a fairly low production, expensive, track-only deal. And loving awesome.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/intermot-2014-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-specs-and-pictures-revealed/25623.html

Turns out that's what what we've been staring at. Their H2R. Kawasaki will reveal the road going H2 in November.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Probably just airflow like twisto said.

The suspension looks pretty nuts. What is allthat?

Are you talking about the steering dampener? I don't see anything too crazy other than that unless I am missing a shot of the rear setup or something.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Ohh goddamn "roughly" 300ps. What in the loving gently caress. Even if the "base" models are making 50-75 less than that, how difficult would it be to turn up the boost a little.

I'd love to know how the electronics make all the power useable for Joe Public.

I'm already thinking of selling the MV for one of these new-fangled H2 things.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Something is clearly not right here- that exhaust doesn't look like it fell off Optimus Prime.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Akion posted:

Are you talking about the steering dampener? I don't see anything too crazy other than that unless I am missing a shot of the rear setup or something.

Not the damper. I've never had a sport bike or even a properly modern one, so I think it's just my ignorance. But I'm used to seeing one or maybe two adjustments on front forks (preload and rebound?), where it looks like the H2R's have three. I can read preload but not the other two labels.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

ought ten posted:

Not the damper. I've never had a sport bike or even a properly modern one, so I think it's just my ignorance. But I'm used to seeing one or maybe two adjustments on front forks (preload and rebound?), where it looks like the H2R's have three. I can read preload but not the other two labels.

Preload, compression, and rebound. Even my crappy Buell has those!

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

KodiakRS posted:

This or the s1000XR is going to be my next motorcycle. They're pretty much the perfect tall person friendly jack of all trades yet still fun to ride motorcycles.

I've been all about the Versys 650 for a while and it's going to be my next bike, but I love that there's stuff like the S1000XR coming in this market niche. The BMW is probably too expensive for me to consider but if the Versys 1000 comes here that'd be very tempting. It's nice having something light & upright that doesn't have bottom-of-the-barrel suspension or compromised tire sizes. I think the further suspension upgrades and refinements of the new one are probably worth it if the price stays the same.

That said, I did go and look at a used '08 Versys last month, and was SHOCKED at how rusty the frame was. Dude lived right by the ocean, but seriously...

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Ooops, changed my mind. THIS is going to be my next bike (and my next source of crippiling debt):

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ought ten posted:

Showa's Big Piston Forks (tm) have had both the damping adjustments on top for a while now, didn't catch what brand the kawi has. I'm kind of surprised that with a bike that powerful and a price obscene enough to match that they aren't trumpeting ohlins.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Saw this.. thing at a parking lot sale. There were more in front of the booth, but this was the worst.

This was neat, looked home made.

And this was on an 80s ferrari.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The Scrambler was fully revealed today. It owns bones. $8595.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/09/ducati-scrambler-returns
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-ducati-scrambler-20140929-pictures-photogallery.html

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

:stwoon:
Ducati please take my money!!!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Bottom Liner posted:

The Scrambler was fully revealed today. It owns bones. $8595.

OH MY GOD IT's PRETTY.

Screw you, Yamaha!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Saw this.. thing at a parking lot sale. There were more in front of the booth, but this was the worst.

I actually really like that filigree worked into the paint. :shrug:

This is what I've been dreaming of. :swoon:

how tall is it?

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 30, 2014

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

This is what I've been dreaming of. :swoon:

how tall is it?

Apparently 31.1" (and 375 lb.)
Air-cooled 803cc, 75hp

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

captainOrbital posted:

Air-cooled 803cc, 75hp

Well done Ducati

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Cycle World has posted a buttload of high res pics
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/30/2015-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-supercharged-sportbike-unveiled-at-intermot-2014-motorcycle-show/
It appears to be confirmed 998CC

Waiting to see the street version and how many corners they cut and if this points to the direction they're going in the future.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This is tits.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
CycleWorld also has a million billion photos of this thing, including some interesting alternate versions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

Air-cooled 803cc, 75hp

Seriously, how bad an idea would it be for me to jump off the DRZ and onto this? Is that too big a leap?

I'm in loving love and somehow my girlfriend is totally ok with me bringing home a Duc.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

slidebite posted:

Cycle World has posted a buttload of high res pics
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/30/2015-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-supercharged-sportbike-unveiled-at-intermot-2014-motorcycle-show/
It appears to be confirmed 998CC

Waiting to see the street version and how many corners they cut and if this points to the direction they're going in the future.

Love it, except for the wings of course.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I've been excited about the ducati scrambler since I heard rumors about it a month ago. Looks like its exactly what I was hoping it would be: A retroish looking bike with modern weight and power.

I've never bought a new motorcycle before but that might have to be my first.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Seriously, how bad an idea would it be for me to jump off the DRZ and onto this? Is that too big a leap?

I'm in loving love and somehow my girlfriend is totally ok with me bringing home a Duc.

It's not any faster than an SV650, plenty of people start off on those so you should be fine.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
They finally put the new "wasserboxer" in something other than a Panzer tank.

Is it just me or do those grab rails look incomplete?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

M. Night Skymall posted:

It's not any faster than an SV650, plenty of people start off on those so you should be fine.

Really? I figured 75 hp would mean a bit of a beast compared to a DRZ.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Really? I figured 75 hp would mean a bit of a beast compared to a DRZ.

I guess to be fair the SV650 makes a claimed 73.4HP and 47.2 lbf-ft of torque compared to the Scrambler's 75 and 50, so it's a tiny bit faster. I haven't ridden a DR-Z so I'm not sure how it compares but I started on my SV650 and it didn't feel particularly scary. I'm sure it'll have more get up and go than the DR-Z but it shouldn't be a big deal if you've already been riding. Not sure how many miles you actually have on your DR-Z with the engine troubles you had but still, should really be perfectly fine.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Looks like a rough ride for cupcake with the pegs on the swing arm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

M. Night Skymall posted:

I guess to be fair the SV650 makes a claimed 73.4HP and 47.2 lbf-ft of torque compared to the Scrambler's 75 and 50, so it's a tiny bit faster. I haven't ridden a DR-Z so I'm not sure how it compares but I started on my SV650 and it didn't feel particularly scary. I'm sure it'll have more get up and go than the DR-Z but it shouldn't be a big deal if you've already been riding. Not sure how many miles you actually have on your DR-Z with the engine troubles you had but still, should really be perfectly fine.

Only got 1000 miles because of all that downtime. I ride every day now, so the number should increase dramatically.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

M. Night Skymall posted:

It's not just the power, it's the delivery. The SV is a good learners bike because it has a a very linear power curve and fairly soft throttle response - a Ducati 748 (not ridden anything newer to compare it with) has neither of those things and can feel fairly intimidating to a new rider despite only having 20 more hp.

However I'm guessing that this thing is going to be much closer to the SV than the 748 delivery-wise, maybe with a little bit of edge for that Italian touch.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's a monster engine so it isn't a firebreather at all. That looks like a wonderfully fun bike to ride - gently caress the haters, not everything is about horsepower and techno bullshit. My list of ducatis I actually want has now grown to three.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

It's a monster engine so it isn't a firebreather at all. That looks like a wonderfully fun bike to ride - gently caress the haters, not everything is about horsepower and techno bullshit. My list of ducatis I actually want has now grown to three.

We can ride the spine of Middle Earth on Scramblers :hfive: See you in 2015.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's about the same power as my monster, so it can power wheelie in second if you're motivated, but its easy to ride with usable power.

I'm not as nuts about the scrambler as everyone else. Let me see it in red with high pipes, that'll probably change my mind.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I can see this selling really well, being that it fills the better-than-a-Triumph-retro-bike-but-cheaper/lighter-than-the-CB1100 niche.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Slim Pickens posted:

That's about the same power as my monster, so it can power wheelie in second if you're motivated, but its easy to ride with usable power.

I'm not as nuts about the scrambler as everyone else. Let me see it in red with high pipes, that'll probably change my mind.

I don't think enough has been said about that price tag, $8500 is insane, this thing will be ultra stripped down and just be a after market honeypot.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Great price, simple design, easy to ride ergos and size, manageable power, moddable to the millionth degree, has a Ducati badge.

They're going to sell loving millions of these things.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

HNasty posted:

I don't think enough has been said about that price tag, $8500 is insane, this thing will be ultra stripped down and just be a after market honeypot.

What else can you get for about that?

CBR650F: gross.
G650: meh.
FZ8: shoulda got a Street Triple for a thousand bux more.
Versys: no.
SFV650: they still haven't brought back the SV650?

Back in my day a jar of pickles cost $0.10!

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

What else can you get for about that?

CBR650F: gross.
G650: meh.
FZ8: shoulda got a Street Triple for a thousand bux more.
Versys: no.
SFV650: they still haven't brought back the SV650?

Back in my day a jar of pickles cost $0.10!

You left out the FZ-09, they don't even make the FZ-8 anymore. It's a pretty solid value if you're looking at bikes around 8000. I also think HNasty meant the price was low for a Ducati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Versys is more of a tiny Multistrada than a standard but the suspension on it's still better than all those other bikes.

I think the Duke vs. Scrambler shootout would be a fun thing.