Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
What about Token, xopods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I've seen tearshed lurk as scum, but this lurking almost seems like too much .. you'd think he'd be posting a bit more if he were scum.

I'd still vote him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I don't like capnAndy's reasoning for developing his Tokes case (it sounds forced) and I don't like his "well I do actually think DGk probably got a valid result but I'm gonna stick with my bad tokes case anyway" and then subsequently not confirming that when I asked him explicitly to do so.

##vote Capn

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Thing about Token is that I get the sense right now that she and CapnAndy are not scum together. It doesn't seem like bussing. I think they're both experienced enough that they could pull off a mutual bus convincingly, but neither seems engaged enough in the game to go to that effort right now.

So I get individual scum feels from both of them, but that conflicts with the sense that they're of opposite alignment. And right now CapnAndy seems worse to me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote Token

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm posting all the time and trying my very best in a game I really am not doing very well at reading, what the loving hell do I have to do to be "engaged in the game" :cry:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I'm posting all the time and trying my very best in a game I really am not doing very well at reading, what the loving hell do I have to do to be "engaged in the game" :cry:

Read better?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

CapnAndy's whining reads as sincere.

##vote Token

Halberg is probably Scum too, despite my defence of Meincandenza D1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Token

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

CapnAndy's whining reads as sincere.

##vote Token

Halberg is probably Scum too, despite my defence of Meincandenza D1.

This is how you treat me after everything I did for you?

Anyway, at least Andy is trying. ##vote Token Female

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

I think engaged means having a back n forth with another player, it shows you talk about the game consistently... or something?

I don't know what xopods is talking about you are plenty active.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I really, really don't like the Token pileon. Any of you voting want to express why you are actively agreeing with CapnAndy's terrible case? This is not a one or the other case, I would expect this kind of vote comedown on the merk/DKG issue.

Merk, xopods, Hal, Juanito, these are all awful votes I'd love to see some reasoning behind.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

tearshed posted:

I don't know what xopods is talking about you are plenty active.

Not paying attention to who said what. Probably scum.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

xopods posted:

Not paying attention to who said what. Probably scum.
I'm trying to be encouraging here :shobon:

But I see what you mean.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Quidnose posted:

I really, really don't like the Token pileon. Any of you voting want to express why you are actively agreeing with CapnAndy's terrible case? This is not a one or the other case, I would expect this kind of vote comedown on the merk/DKG issue.

Merk, xopods, Hal, Juanito, these are all awful votes I'd love to see some reasoning behind.

It did seem very sudden. I don't know what it means, though. Strategically, this is kind of the point in the game where scumteams decide whether to bus someone to protect the team or else start cooperating more overtly and go for the quick win. So the sudden swing from Andy ot Tokes does seem fishy but assuming the Scum are involved at all it could equally be protection of Andy or a bus of Tokes.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

My gut right now says tearshed and Tokes are scum together.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think the votes also partly happen because people are losing interest.

I think Token is a much better choice than CapnAndy.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

xopods posted:

My gut right now says tearshed and Tokes are scum together.
I'd feel like this if tearshed were posting more, but I don't think tearshed would lurk this bad if he were scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

I think the votes also partly happen because people are losing interest.

I think Token is a much better choice than CapnAndy.

Can you look over my pressing of Andy and my subsequent reasons for voting him and tell me why I'm wrong?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

Also I've posted regarding Token already. Read her case and then read my response. She exaggerated things to make them seem like more than they are. Saying things like I "got exposed", etc.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

Can you look over my pressing of Andy and my subsequent reasons for voting him and tell me why I'm wrong?
He responded to all of your posts that were made in quick succession. I think they were okay responses. Personally it just felt like you were trying to get some momentum going on him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Is that a soft pass of an opinion that I am scum, Juanito :allears:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Yeah, pretty much.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So the remaining scum are me, Token, and Rarity?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I talked about this game here. I'm posting it to be ethically not a jerk. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653154&perpage=40&pagenumber=211#post435633579

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

thank god for your ethics. I also did not talk at all on D1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This game is the slowest, wettest, softest (yet still present) fart. I don't even get it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

This game is the slowest, wettest, softest (yet still present) fart. I don't even get it.

It's only because kilran won't let us use personal attacks on each other. People don't know what to do when they have to be civil.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's only because kilran won't let us use personal attacks on each other. People don't know what to do when they have to be civil.

Which is perhaps the biggest indictment of certain Mafia players. I know plenty of players who can Mafia without resorting to direct attacks.

And personally countering a case with "You're a <slur>. Stop being a <slur>." doesn't do anything except upset that person. It's not a defence.

As an outside observer, what happened here is a trend in Mafia: people sign up, they get their roles and then decide how engaged they are going to be. A bunch of players get invested and the rest lurk. Unfortunately, a couple of the more engaged players got killed and the remaining engaged players felt they were just talking to one another while the rest lurk.

It happens a lot in Mafia, I've just never seen it to this extent.

If there is one thing to take away from this experiment, two kills a day might be necessary: 1. The regular lynch and 2. A lurker mod kill (lowest post count).

Anyway, if people are not enjoying the game, we can call it. It seems silly to continue if people are bored.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean, I want to keep playing.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can be perfectly civil about it, I just lost interest after a 120 hour night. I'm attempting to get back into the game, but with people lurking hard and the same 2-3 people hammering on and on about the same thing with nothing changing it's pretty hard.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Yeah the Tokes vote stinks

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

kilran posted:

As an outside observer, what happened here is a trend in Mafia: people sign up, they get their roles and then decide how engaged they are going to be. A bunch of players get invested and the rest lurk. Unfortunately, a couple of the more engaged players got killed and the remaining engaged players felt they were just talking to one another while the rest lurk.

:ghost: Protip: attempting to play the game seriously early on is not a scumtell. :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Token Female (5): CapnAndy, Juanito, xopods, merk, Hal Incandenza
CapnAndy (2): xopods, Rarity, Quidnose, xopods
Juanito (1): Token Female
tearshed (1): bowmore
merk (0): DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, merk, DGK2000, merk, Hal Incandenza
bowmore (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
DGK2000 (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (4): DGK2000, JakeP, Mikujin, tearshed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 01st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 4 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey kilran I didn't mean anything by it, I was just messing around.

After thinking about a few things, I think I would rather ##vote CaptAndy I think this is the best choice.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The case on me is currently that I refused to answer Quidnose after he asked me the same question for the third time, I do not think it is very good personally?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Also the scum haven't tried to kill me yet, that poo poo is gonna be hilarious, I should be kept around just for that

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Actually, hey! I have a good idea!

DGK, why don't you investigate me tonight? I don't have any fancy flavor and you don't have to worry about my power, it only affects scum. You're not scum, right :)

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Sorry kilran, and all other mods that I'm games in right now. I recently went from 3 years unemployed to full time and it's difficult adjusting.

I am excited to play this game, just usually the first few days are rather boring for me. I get much more excited closer to endgame.

I don't think the rules have had anything to do with the lurkiness, I completely forgot they were a part of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

Actually, hey! I have a good idea!

DGK, why don't you investigate me tonight? I don't have any fancy flavor and you don't have to worry about my power, it only affects scum. You're not scum, right :)
Trying to organize night actions is just asking for trouble. This seems to be a weird game.

• Locked thread