Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Maha posted:

Wait, what 10^100 fortune upgrades? I'm at 100 locks too and the only e+100 thing I've ever seen is the Warp-Reality Converter Win Type Epsilon.
Just the Star Coin. There's one every ^3 or whatever, and the arbitrary milestone I picked was ^100. But yeah, Win Type Epsilon was my milestone to stop, I just reset, bought everything and let it run until I bought the attendant Coin.

(apparently they go until like 125? That's unreal.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
When do you reset coin collector the first time?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

nerox posted:

When do you reset coin collector the first time?

When you hit the fortune coin wall. There was a point for me when I had to reset to get enough for the next lock.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
This thread got me back into Cookie Clicker - I have a soft spot for that one because it's so polished and was really the first one I played. I tried catgame for a bit and then decided it was bollocks and not a true idle game due to the caps on resources.

Anyway, I discovered last night that once you have 5000 heavenly chips in CC you can switch season at will and get all the seasonal upgrades and achievements. Should hit that marker tonight, woooo!

(goddamn these loving idle games)

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Wall Destroyer crashed and reset my save. I just got up to Space Walls :suicide:

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Grey Elephants posted:

Wall Destroyer crashed and reset my save. I just got up to Space Walls :suicide:

I lost my kittens game save today also, after getting to Nuclear Fission. I think its a sign that I'm done.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Would this work for Coin Collector as well, or would it need tweaking?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what does the Gold Ring in Coin Collector do? I think my Coins Per Second is increasing faster, is that it?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

How often should I reset in Wall Destroyer before punching through the Final Wall?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kyrosiris posted:

Would this work for Coin Collector as well, or would it need tweaking?

It needs tweaking, but it's not massive tweaking. Mostly just renaming hitwall to hityoshi and that.

I did it for you if you're feeling lazy: http://pastebin.com/b6gU4SNc

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 17, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

nimby posted:

How often should I reset in Wall Destroyer before punching through the Final Wall?

Reset until you have all but the last trophy unlocked, approximately.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

RatHat posted:

So what does the Gold Ring in Coin Collector do? I think my Coins Per Second is increasing faster, is that it?

The ring generally increases production of everything per ring.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Do note that the later ring empowers are each much weaker than the previous one.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

evilmiera posted:

Welp, was about to hit 2000 newspapers when my computer froze. Started things up again, and for some reason the music I'd turned off was now playing again after weeks of not doing so.

Turns out all my progress had been reset. Entirely. Guess that's as good a reason as any to quit "playing".

Turns out if you drop the creator an email he'll send you an import code for roughly the amount of AI you had before your save disappeared! ryan at hyperhippo dot ca if you want it

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

There now I've beaten it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Mine Defence has some weird pacing, but it feels like there's almost an actual game there at times.

Fateo McMurray posted:

There now I've beaten it

For now...

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Clicker Heroes just updated yesterday. They've removed gold increase and skill cooldown from hero souls and implemented a system called "Ancients". You buy them and level them up with your banked hero souls to get permanent upgrades like increasing DPS while idle and reducing hero purchase/level up gold cost.

Don't do like me and spend all of your hero souls getting your skill cooldown and gold increase ancients levelled up back to the cap or you'll find yourself struggling to hit level 100 all over again.

It's a good update that adds some variety to what was previously a pretty flat "numbers go up" clicker.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
It's so easy to be screwed by the RNG in what ancients you get offered though. You either spend a ton of hero souls rerolling to get the ones that are clearly on an entirely higher tier of usefulness, or get lucky right off the bat. The exponential rising cost for each new ancient doesn't help matters either.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Yeah, I got lucky and got the two that were removed from hero soul accumulation so now I'm just going to buy one each reset and level them up gradually so I don't gently caress myself over again. It's really annoying going from having 2400% DPS boost to 40% boost :negative:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yeah I managed to respec from my mucking about in the test version and got a nearly ideal set of ancients to start off. the idle gold one, the two treasure chest ones (spawn chance and amount of gold), cooldowns one, and hero level up cost reduction.

If it didn't work out though I'd be down 25% of my souls, AND still have a cruddy bonus setup.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
So wall destroyer wasn't loading correctly for people for a little while and then my save reset. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm kind of pissed, I'd just gotten to the 9th bonus wall.

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, I've lost my Wall save too. Seems to be the day for it. The Swarm Sim one also had an update that wiped my save. At least that has a warning saying that it'll do that sometimes so that was no big deal.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So I've gotten back into Cookie Clicker and I'm trying to figure out how to get the Mathematician achievement. The only help I've found is from before prisms were a thing.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The requirements for it? 1 prism, 2 antimatter condensers, 4 time machines, 8 portals, 16 alchemy labs, 32 shipments, 64 mines and 128 of everything else. Note that the text says "1 of the most expensive building..." so that if there were any new building types inserted into the mix, like say something more expensive than prisms, you'd just adjust the requirements by one place.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 23, 2014

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
I got stuck with just few enough hero souls after the clicker heroes update that I had to reset in order to afford 75% cooldown reduction. I've only just gotten back to the level I was at.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Anything past the Boss Finality Wall? I hope not, I want to be liberated from Wall destroyer. And I'm only a few resets away from breaking Derivative Clicker, I hope.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Pretty sure once you beat that wall you unlock an upgrade called The End.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Holy poo poo, congrats! I never thought I'd see the day...

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

It's real easy after the last update.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Now wait a year and get everything to 10,000.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

How many angels did you have at the end?

I've got 100 tredecillion and I think I'll have to wait two months to get those last 3 upgrades. Everything else is fully upgraded and all achievements have are done.

Do I reset when I get 999 tredecillion? :(

God drat I'm so far away!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

How many angels did you have at the end?

I've got 100 tredecillion and I think I'll have to wait two months to get those last 3 upgrades. Everything else is fully upgraded and all achievements have are done.

Do I reset when I get 999 tredecillion? :(

God drat I'm so far away!

I got that at 4 quatturodecillion after about 2 days waiting.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Just keep resetting when your angels double and you'll have it relatively quickly.

e: Yeah, low quattordecellion is when I got it, too.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
For those of you up to/finished with the Ad Cap endgame, at about which point do you start getting the last two Investor upgrades? I'll have 27 tredecillion AEs on next reset; I'm just wanting to make sure I don't put myself into an inescapable death spiral this late in the game.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Basically the second you can afford them, they'll increase your income by more than having the investors would.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Breetai posted:

For those of you up to/finished with the Ad Cap endgame, at about which point do you start getting the last two Investor upgrades? I'll have 27 tredecillion AEs on next reset; I'm just wanting to make sure I don't put myself into an inescapable death spiral this late in the game.

About 700 tredecillion and you can get everything quite easily.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

Breetai posted:

Get ...In Darkest Night (x5) when you are over 1.25 tredecillion AI, at least, so that you don't lose any income. Just make sure you get a significantly more before the next reset: since each AI takes a little more than the last one, you'll end up losing out if you just keep resetting at about that point or if you just double the 250 duodecillion you now have.

The Good News (+50 newspapers) is worth it at 4 tredecillion if that gets you to the next 100, since that will get you the Newspaper and Everything (I assume) achievements, which will double your income plus some.

In short, get them.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Goddamnit, I've been playing AdCap for over amonth and I just figured out "Gladys Caroline."

:downs:

It is funny how much of my progress has come over the last week or so once the AIs started to pile up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Someone made one with RPG poo poo and levels and timed boss fights and other poo poo jesus christ I thought I was done playing these stupid games.

Clicker Heroes is evil. I'm sharing it to inflict it on others to feel better.

Not my screenshot, I'm nowhere near this far, but seriously what the hell when will I be done with these games.

• Locked thread