Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kirios posted:

Texas may have some mediocre cities in it (none of them are laughably bad....not even Dallas), but come on, our food puts every single one of your states to complete and utter shame. You wish your state could even be in the same radar as our Mexican and BBQ food (We're world class in this department.). Hell, even our Chinese is outstanding.

Well food is how people console themselves when living in such a dump

Why is this thread even open? Nothing is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Texas may have some mediocre cities in it (none of them are laughably bad....not even Dallas), but come on, our food puts every single one of your states to complete and utter shame. You wish your state could even be in the same radar as our Mexican and BBQ food (We're world class in this department.). Hell, even our Chinese is outstanding.

Now snake a bite off that beef rib before the sauce congeals.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Febreeze posted:

Well food is how people console themselves when living in such a dump

probably to quarantine BBQ chat.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Eifert Posting posted:

Always thought that was weird. So if you kill six people and get caught for two you can save your rear end with the back up murders, but you're out of luck if you only have the two.

Sorry, man, shoulda killed more people.

Well life in prison without parole isn't really "saving your rear end"...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Texas food murders my sensible palette like Hernandez murders club goers (allegedly).

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Febreeze posted:

How can you say that when the 2014 Gators calendar just came out?!? What an exciting time to be alive and not yet murdered!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I think I'm shutting this down until Aaron's next murder spree (Friday).

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
So they went ahead and did the transfer Hernandez's lawyers were asking for, going from North Dartmouth, which is at the bottom of Massachusetts, near the cape, to the Nashua Street Jail in Boston. The Pats are also going to give up 300+ pages of medical records to the defense, but are still holding out on 9 pages of psychological and scouting reports. The defense claims those pages could give insight into Hernandez's mental state, but the Pats attorney is basically saying those reports are too old to have any bearing on the crimes he's being charged with.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/09/aaron-hernandez-defense-due-court-patriots-records/aV0uaHw2tKqbucJH7DQQFN/story.html

Kinda wondering about those 9 pages. I'm guessing it's just the Pats being stubborn and giving Hernandez and his team the finger. Either that Bill made an addendum to one of the reports about one of Hernandez's intangibles being murderousness. Also, I think this is pretty much part of Hernandez's plan to escape and kill the city of Boston.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 11, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
2007 was the year of the spygate controversy, and was also the year that freshman Aaron Hernandez shot two men outside of a Gainesville bar. Belichick has the whole thing on video as a result of the Patriots stalking of the prospects they liked (which was illegal), but didn't want to release it to authorities because he knew Hernandez would be a great late round steal some day. Stay safe everyone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I guarantee they're just worried about the bad press they could receive if "Might have murdered some people, steal in the third" or whatever becomes public.

And it's is almost certainly in there.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
If that's what's likely to be in there then why is the defense asking for it so strenuously?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Elotana posted:

If that's what's likely to be in there then why is the defense asking for it so strenuously?

Setting up an insanity defense maybe

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Patriots just don't want scouting reports to be public because they're important to their performance you drat conspiracy bitches

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly have no idea how I should respond to you most of the time Ham. Which is probably the point, I guess I just wanted to say you're doing a hell of a job.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That one's serious, buddy. I really think that's their objection. Don't buy the whole conspiracy thing that they knew he could be a suspect and a team's scouting reports becoming fully public would not be comfortable for them

Believing otherwise would be suggesting the pats are better detectives than real cops

Also usually you should react with much laughter. Like right now, because I'm a piece of poo poo, and terrible

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Better detectives than the Gainesville PD?

Man I can't fathom that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tallahassee PD posted:

Better detectives than the Gainesville PD?

Man I can't fathom that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And yeah honestly I don't buy that they knew anything specifically, but I'm pretty much all in on gently caress the Patriot Way and all the secrecy and hope that they lose terribly and somehow have to give up all of their scouting reports on every player since 2000 or so.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

Patriots just don't want scouting reports to be public because they're important to their performance you drat conspiracy bitches

There's a loving book out on the premise of NE's scouting methods. It's a prospect from 2010 who might as well be dead now. It wouldn't hurt the team.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
In the end the New England Patriots, like any other major sports organization, is a hard nosed cold blooded mega-corp that needs to be dragged kicking and screaming to fully cooperate in an investigation that might in even some remote way embarrass them. In other news water is wet.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
DA claims fiancée lied to grand jury

quote:

Prosecutors say they have "direct evidence" that the fiancée of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez lied to the grand jury that indicted him on a murder charge in the slaying of Odin Lloyd, including about a box she discarded at Hernandez's direction.

The prosecution said in a filing Wednesday that it has evidence that contradicts multiple pieces of Shayanna Jenkins' testimony. Jenkins has pleaded not guilty to perjury.

Prosecutors say she told the grand jury she couldn't recall where she disposed of the box, which was in a plastic bag, and that she didn't try to conceal the action. It's not clear what the box contained.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Dude is going to get off isn't he?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge-grants-hernandez-bid-suppress-194547114--nfl.html

quote:

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) -- A judge on Tuesday granted a request by former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez to suppress evidence from two cellphones and three iPads taken from his home in a search during a 2013 murder investigation.

Bristol Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh ruled that police were not entitled to take those items because they didn't specifically list them in a search warrant for Hernandez's North Attleborough home on June 18, 2013.

The items were seized during an investigation into the killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee. Hernandez is charged with murder in the fatal shooting of Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park about a half-mile from Hernandez's home.

Hernandez, who grew up in Bristol, Connecticut, is charged separately in the killings of two men in Boston in 2012 after a brief encounter at a nightclub. He has pleaded not guilty in both cases.

Prosecutors had argued that the warrant authorized the seizure of any global positioning system devices, but the judge disagreed.

''The police operated under the misimpression that the search warrant authorized the seizure of GPS devices when they seized the cellphones and tablets from Hernandez's residence,'' the judge wrote in her ruling.

Prosecutors declined to comment on the judge's ruling, citing a gag order issued by her in the case. Hernandez's lawyers did not immediately respond to requests seeking comment.

Last month, the judge rejected a request from Hernandez's lawyers to suppress evidence from another cellphone and video surveillance cameras at Hernandez's home.

Prosecutors have said the cameras, which were part of Hernandez's home security system, show him holding a gun after Lloyd was shot in the industrial park. They said the video also shows Hernandez with Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, who are charged along with him in Lloyd's killing and have pleaded not guilty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guarantee he video'd it.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Any excuse to let a person kill somebody. If you have the right job in America, it's just your job to kill people. You can even shoot someone filming the show "Cops" while killing someone else, and it's still cool.

Murder is the new black.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

God, I hope he doesn't get off because of something like this. That would be some serious bullshit.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Pretty sure they've got enough evidence against him, most notably his buddies who were there and rolled on him, to take him down without a couple of cell phone videos of him chewing gum and popping caps.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Grittybeard posted:

doing a hell of a job.

Incidentally, the Hank Stram/65 Toss Power Trap video linked in your title got taken down :(

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

waaaaaaaaaaah the police questioned me in my home and I felt intimidated by them being there I want everything related to that thrown out

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/16/aaron-hernandez-seeks-evidence-suppressed-due-to-unlawful-police-interrogation/

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It looks like his lawyers setup the search so they had a chance of getting everything thrown out in court. Boston lawyers, using our mob connections for any rich aholes.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11629782/judge-orders-bullets-magazine-used-evidence-aaron-hernandez-case

quote:

Bullets found in an apartment rented by ex-New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez and a magazine found in his Hummer were thrown out as evidence in his murder case Thursday by a judge who said state police didn't demonstrate probable cause for the searches.

Judge E. Susan Garsh said there were "absolutely no facts'' linking Hernandez "in any way at all to the crime under investigation'' in an affidavit supporting the warrant application to search his Franklin apartment. That warrant was for a cellphone belonging to co-defendant Carlos Ortiz, who was with Hernandez when Odin Lloyd was killed.

Police applied for additional warrants after that first search, including one to look for ammunition. But the judge ruled that evidence gathered during the subsequent searches had to be thrown out because authorities hadn't demonstrated probable cause for the first one.

Authorities have said they never recovered the weapon used in Lloyd's killing but believe it was a .45-caliber pistol. The items tossed out Thursday include .45-caliber bullets and a .45-caliber magazine.

Hernandez, 24, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the June 2013 killing of Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating Hernandez's fiancee's sister. He's being held without bail.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How's "being held for and formally charged with multiple counts of murder" for probably cause? :wtc:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

How's "being held for and formally charged with multiple counts of murder" for probably cause? :wtc:

A pretty lovely one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

A pretty lovely one.

lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
throw the whole case out, imo. if cops are just gonna go barging into his home and car looking for "guns" and "ammunition" he may have "murdered someone" with, without speaking to a judge first, what's the loving point. justice is dead.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
So I'm sorry you're saying once cops arrest someone for something they should be able to search their home and any other property looking for evidence?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Volkerball posted:

throw the whole case out, imo. if cops are just gonna go barging into his home and car looking for "guns" and "ammunition" he may have "murdered someone" with, without speaking to a judge first, what's the loving point. justice is dead.

Wow this big of a case and he might walk because of bad searches.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

football fuckerman posted:

So I'm sorry you're saying once cops arrest someone for something they should be able to search their home and any other property looking for evidence?

Your house can be raided because someone arrested with a 10 dollar bag of weed said they got it from you. Yeah, if you're arrested in connection with a murder, your poo poo is fair game. But they already went through his house, and confiscated all his security footage and whatnot, so there probably wasn't anything that would've hung up getting a warrant for any of his other properties. Just some dumbshit cops loving up the process and now anything they found there doesn't count.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Your house can be raided because someone arrested with a 10 dollar bag of weed said they got it from you. Yeah, if you're arrested in connection with a murder, your poo poo is fair game. But they already went through his house, and confiscated all his security footage and whatnot, so there probably wasn't anything that would've hung up getting a warrant for any of his other properties. Just some dumbshit cops loving up the process and now anything they found there doesn't count.

Check it out, though... they need a warrant to arrest you and search your house, and they stipulate on the warrant that they're looking for drugs or drug paraphernalia.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Volkerball posted:

maybe this judge believes that is a stupid reason to issue a warrant as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Do they always put stupid cops on slam dunk cases who then go and gently caress up the whole thing with shoddy due diligence and an inability to carry out basic police procedure?

• Locked thread