Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Metrohunter posted:

And for that matter, I figured prelude of light was a damage over time field dropped on the ground but I'm not 100% on that, either.

It charges your Special meter when you stand in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh my. Whats going on there, did Darunia just happen to get whacked so that it looks like hes riding the wolf for the pic? Or did somebody find a way to swap movesets on characters who don't have multiple weapon types? :aaa:

I think the common thread is that the 1 weapon model swaps are all npc's and not played by anyone.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just so I'm clear, this is the breakdown of what Sheik's elemental songs do:

No element: A simple damaging explosion.
Water (bS): Generates a shield that absorbs a set amount of damage.
Fire (bbS): Creates a field in front of Sheik that explodes after a second.
Thunder (bbbS): Wide damage field around Sheik for a few seconds.
Darkness (bbbbS): Summons a "black hole" that sucks enemies in.
Light (bbbbbS): Creates a field that refills your special (yellow) meter while you're in it.

Right?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 3, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really wish I hadn't picked the Zelda play style because I have to convert everything people type into "basic attack" and "strong attack."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just so I'm clear, this is the breakdown of what Sheik's elemental songs do:

No element: A simple damaging explosion.
Water (YX): Generates a shield that absorbs a set amount of damage.
Fire (YYX): Creates a field in front of Sheik that explodes after a second.
Thunder (YYYX): Wide damage field around Sheik for a few seconds.
Darkness (YYYYX): Summons a "black hole" that sucks enemies in.
Light (YYYYYX): Creates a field that refills your special (yellow) meter while you're in it.

Right?

I have never used that last combo, and thus never used the last song.

Holy poo poo, Sheik just got even better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I really wish I hadn't picked the Zelda play style because I have to convert everything people type into "basic attack" and "strong attack."

I edited my post, using "b" for basic and "S" for strong. Does that help?

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
I love how Sheik has both one of the best special attacks in the game, and can regenerate her special meter for free.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of which, there's no way to regen magic except by grabbing pickups, is there?

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Light (bbbbbS): Creates a field that refills your special (yellow) meter while you're in it.

I don't think the fodder and captains can enter the field either, they'll just crowd around the edge and wait for you to kill them.

Sheik is ridiculous.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So is dodge-cancelling actually the doorway to even more moves, or am I just seeing the execution of moves like YYYYYX that i don't normally mash up to?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

I edited my post, using "b" for basic and "S" for strong. Does that help?

Yes, thank you :shobon:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh my. Whats going on there, did Darunia just happen to get whacked so that it looks like hes riding the wolf for the pic? Or did somebody find a way to swap movesets on characters who don't have multiple weapon types? :aaa:

edit: I think there still isn't any news on the free update, could drop the same day as Master Quest. That wouldn't bother me too much, by then everybody is gonna be beefy and I'm gonna want to go about getting her unlockable weapons.

Late but bug in the japanese version, npc's are showing up with other characters moves

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

e: wrong thread

Sockser fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 3, 2014

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh ganondorf, it doesn't rain indoors :allears:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fix posted:

So is dodge-cancelling actually the doorway to even more moves, or am I just seeing the execution of moves like YYYYYX that i don't normally mash up to?

Kind of but not really. For example Lana's book combos create walls and move them around, her plain strong attack is a forward dash that if you hit a wall she makes it explode. So if you do like YYYXX she'll create this line if three walls and push them forward like a broom, but if you dodge cancel after the walls are created and X into them it's a massive explosion much better than the normal end to that combo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is Groose in this game?

vv: This game is crap, then.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 3, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bogart posted:

Is Groose in this game?

Only the Groosinator

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh ganondorf, it doesn't rain indoors :allears:

Well, it is the Water Temple after all.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

greatn posted:

Kind of but not really. For example Lana's book combos create walls and move them around, her plain strong attack is a forward dash that if you hit a wall she makes it explode. So if you do like YYYXX she'll create this line if three walls and push them forward like a broom, but if you dodge cancel after the walls are created and X into them it's a massive explosion much better than the normal end to that combo.

Cheers, thanks.

One other question: When it comes to the sealed weapons or whatever, where you have to kill off x1000 enemies to get a new move: is that a one time thing, or per mission, or what? Is there some screen which shows how many you've killed with a particular weapon? Does it just unlock a normal skill slot?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fix posted:

Cheers, thanks.

One other question: When it comes to the sealed weapons or whatever, where you have to kill off x1000 enemies to get a new move: is that a one time thing, or per mission, or what? Is there some screen which shows how many you've killed with a particular weapon? Does it just unlock a normal skill slot?

You can do it across multiple battles. The number on the weapon itself will decrease as you get kills. I think you have to successfully complete the mission for it to count, but I'm honestly not even sure that you do.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I got this dumb stupid game yesterday and played it for an hour and I was grinning like an idiot the entire time. Now I just want to go home and play it some more. I never played a musou game before, because they all look stupid and repetitive but now I see the appeal.

What does adding people's NNIDs do for you, because I wasn't aware this game had any kind of online functionality?

(For the record, mine is year199X, so I guess I'll go back and add people.)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Different people's Links will show up on the adventure mode map, and you get a reward for clearing the map they're on, and the reward is bigger if you're friends with them.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Make sure you go into settings and turn Network Settings to on. It defaults to off.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finished Legend mode. That was loving fun!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bogart posted:

Is Groose in this game?

vv: This game is crap, then.

DLC is on it's way, and I'm sure Groose will be as well.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I mentioned adding Groose in all of the text boxes in the post play survey so stand tall my Groose brothers and sisters

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

In as numerrik. Beat Legends mode last night, now I am running through in free play to finish getting check marks on everything.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I haven't seen the Adventure Mode popup telling me a friend beat my map? I thought I'd seen a screenshot of something like that. Is there any feedback to me about people beating my Network Links or is it just a local challenge for me to beat the Network Links that I can see?

Ny NNID is JawnV6 but I didn't bold it the first time :v:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
How would Groose fight in this game? My only guess would be him carrying around a portable Groosinator, with maybe some attacks involving Loftwings or something.

Personally though, I'd like to see some more esoteric characters showing up, like Ezlo from Minish Cap. Bonus points if he stays as a talking hat while you play him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He was actually a student of the knight academy. He presumably has some idea how to use a sword.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
4/5 illustrations completed. Tons easier getting those secondary skulltulas in adventure mode with decent weapons and levels.
I guess I'll add that my NNID is Dastardry.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

I mentioned adding Groose in all of the text boxes in the post play survey so stand tall my Groose brothers and sisters

I have done this as well

It may be futile but I can only hope.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Alacron posted:

How would Groose fight in this game? My only guess would be him carrying around a portable Groosinator, with maybe some attacks involving Loftwings or something.

Personally though, I'd like to see some more esoteric characters showing up, like Ezlo from Minish Cap. Bonus points if he stays as a talking hat while you play him.

imagine a wrestling inspired moveset

imagine groose showboating to a nonexistent crowd

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah I Groosenated my replies too.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

He was actually a student of the knight academy. He presumably has some idea how to use a sword.

If Groose got in and used a sword instead of something weird and wacky I'd loving riot. :colbert:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Groose's moveset would involve that little robot that you use to fetch stuff from the surface. Also lots of punching. His magic finisher just has him flex while everything explodes around him.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

I have put a lot of thought into potential movesets for hopeful characters, including Groose. Aside from an unarmed wrestling Groose as someone already mentioned, you could also have him use a weapon from Skyward Sword that isn't used already, like the Gust Bellows. Give it lightning elemental, and add in for the strong attack some moves involving Groose riding his bird, like Agitha does with her giant butterfly.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I've Groosed the last five surveys I've done, regardless of game. They'll know where I stand :colbert:

Also, I want Groose's special to be him flying high on a loftwing and then belly flopping the poo poo out of the battlefield

:allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really there's so much stuff they could do with Groose. Skyward sword only has two characters representing period - Fi and Girahim. Having Groose be the Skyward Sword gimmick character would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alacron posted:

If Groose got in and used a sword instead of something weird and wacky I'd loving riot. :colbert:
He could use a sword as the base for his moveset but all his actual attacks with it could be weird and wacky. Yue Ying in DW just uses a scythe but she has tons of weird contraptions and gimmicks as her special moves and just swings the scythe for her basic attack string.

• Locked thread