Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Bring back Foils with no Reminder Text Wizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The March Hare posted:

Has there been any word about reprints of the Zendikar fetches in the 2nd KTK block set? It seems like it might be weird having all 10 in standard at the same time, but maybe that's an unfounded fear.

Very likely I think, the Tarkir block structure suggests a certain parity between KTK and Louie, and Maro has stated they mean to support all ten pairs.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

neetengie posted:

But you can play the best Sultai commons in Abzan man!

There's a lot of Sultai commons basically unplayable in Abzan due to the different gameplans.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Cernunnos posted:

*insert full-art Ice Cauldron here*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Death Bot posted:

*insert full-art Ice Cauldron here*

Reminder text, not rules text :eng101: See foil vs non-foil Tenth Edition Time Stop.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Count Bleck posted:

Is it normal for someone to feel uncomfortable at an IQ?

because everyone here seems really angry

People at IQ's want to win. That means all other decks are bullshit and everybody is topping what they need against them. IQ's draw the worst.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

C-Euro posted:

Reminder text, not rules text :eng101: See foil vs non-foil Tenth Edition Time Stop.

1UUU
Instant

Make up two plausible modes.
Counter this spell if your opponent knows how to check oracle text.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Devor posted:

1UUU
Instant

Make up two plausible modes.
Counter this spell if your opponent knows how to check oracle text.

This textless Cryptic Command was the first modal spell I ever encountered, so I called bullshit when I noticed it seemed to be changing its function each time.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

Iirc MaRo says that the reason that they don't do that anymore is that it wasn't worth the extra expense.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

People at IQ's want to win. That means all other decks are bullshit and everybody is topping what they need against them. IQ's draw the worst.

I'm 2-0, and both my opponents are pissed off at their and my deck.

Both opponents were Sultai Delve, I'm playing Big Red with 3 maindeck Angers and 1 in the side.

I'd say that's more of a natural occurance and not "your deck is bullshit".

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Elyv posted:

Iirc MaRo says that the reason that they don't do that anymore is that it wasn't worth the extra expense.

But Time Stop...

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

Fair enough I guess.

They should bring back Textless Player Reward cards though. They just need to not do something stupid like Cryptic Command again. Simple spells work just fine for those and since they're all Foils they look SWEET.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Elyv posted:

It seemed less expense when he discussed it and more that it was a whole shitload of work for their production team, way more than they'd thought when they dreamed it up. It sounded like the post-mortem started off lukewarm because of the finance outlay for minimal gain, then CAPS begged them not to put the team through all that again.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Frank Karsten had drafted a complete pile on camera right now.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Terrible Horse posted:

Bug, or is MODO just getting much more encouraging?

This popped up about 30 mins after the match was over, too.

Bwahaha. dworld,dworld,dworld!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

This textless Cryptic Command was the first modal spell I ever encountered, so I called bullshit when I noticed it seemed to be changing its function each time.

This spell does not let you draw 4 AND kill all my creatures!"

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

For everyone who said we wouldn't see $10 fetches, I just ordered a play set of bloodstained mire for $11/ea, so I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll get well under $10 at some point.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I don't think anyone in here ever said Fetches wouldn't get to $10 or less.

I expect Polluted Delta and Flooded Strand to sit at $10-12 and everything else to be <$10 by Christmas.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Cernunnos posted:

I don't think anyone in here ever said Fetches wouldn't get to $10 or less.

I expect Polluted Delta and Flooded Strand to sit at $10-12 and everything else to be <$10 by Christmas.

I'm not going to go back into the previous thread hunting for the quote but I'm 99% sure that on the night when fetches were spoiled, I said they'd get down to $10 apiece and someone else said lol, no, they won't go below 15-20.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

JerryLee posted:

I'm not going to go back into the previous thread hunting for the quote but I'm 99% sure that on the night when fetches were spoiled, I said they'd get down to $10 apiece and someone else said lol, no, they won't go below 15-20.

Yeah I'm not digging it up either but a bunch were saying they wouldn't drop below 20

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JerryLee posted:

It was What a Judas, who loudly declared that "he wouldn't let them" among other things.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Spiderdrake posted:

It was What a Judas, who loudly declared that "he wouldn't let them" among other things.

The average tcgplayer price for Bloodstained Mire hit $14.99 so Atlas has buckled under the weight. :ohdear:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

toadee posted:

Yeah I'm not digging it up either but a bunch were saying they wouldn't drop below 20

Yeah, several posters were trying to parrot that somehow modern was going to keep the prices high or some idiotic thing. They were only going to stay high if they were used in standard as heavily as shocks were and that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, they are used more than shock lands in modern but I think people underestimate how many people just play standard/limited, so unless it is a heavy chase mythic, prices won't stay high for rares.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I just tuned into the GP and I guess someone got a game loss at round 15 for registering a 39 card deck? Can anyone fill in the story, if it was interesting at all? Was it just revealed at a random deck check?

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Boxman posted:

I just tuned into the GP and I guess someone got a game loss at round 15 for registering a 39 card deck? Can anyone fill in the story, if it was interesting at all? Was it just revealed at a random deck check?

Tom Ross did, but there wasn't anything unusual here; looks like it was noticed by a deck check and he got a game loss for a game in-progress that he was losing anyway.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Boxman posted:

Tom Ross was on camera, board was mostly gummed up, he was slightly on his back foot.

He cast a second Dragon Grip to blow out his opponent in combat, but his deck only mainboards one copy. I think the commentators called him on it and stopped the game.

Edit: You could hear Cedric with a muted mic while Matthias' was still hot, giving directions to make them wait while they called the judge

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Anyone know where I can find a high resolution image of Act on Impulse's art? I figure after some poking from a friend, I should finally get around to making that playmat.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 5, 2014

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Devor posted:

Tom Ross was on camera, board was mostly gummed up, he was slightly on his back foot.

He cast a second Dragon Grip to blow out his opponent in combat, but his deck only mainboards one copy. I think the commentators called him on it and stopped the game.

Edit: You could hear Cedric with a muted mic while Matthias' was still hot, giving directions to make them wait while they called the judge

That's a little worse than accidentally playing less cards in your deck. I mean, that couldn't have been accidental right?

e:Or did he not realize his deck list didn't include a card he was actually playing?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 5, 2014

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Sweet SCG top 8 featuring Frank and Mel at #1 and #2, respectively.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

When did Frank Lepore get any good anyway? I remember seeing stuff from him around Innistrad block and thinking he was decidedly average for a person who spends that much time playing/writing/thinking about Magic.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

When did Frank Lepore get any good anyway? I remember seeing stuff from him around Innistrad block and thinking he was decidedly average for a person who spends that much time playing/writing/thinking about Magic.

When he decided to date a decent magic player.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He still is decidedly average, but is dating an actual good pro so I have to think some of her skill is rubbing off onto him.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Yeah, if you take a look at any of their real early streams together (if any are still online), it's impressive how much of some of them are essentially Melissa playing "Help Frank not do the stupid thing," and how well she does it.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

tzirean posted:

Yeah, if you take a look at any of their real early streams together (if any are still online), it's impressive how much of some of them are essentially Melissa playing "Help Frank not do the stupid thing," and how well she does it.

Most of Frank's videos on TCGplayer.com even until now have her accompanying him and it's almost exclusively still "help Frank not do the stupid thing".

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reminds me of watching Jackie Lee and Mark (though Mark improved considerably from their early streams.)

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Most of Frank's videos on TCGplayer.com even until now have her accompanying him and it's almost exclusively still "help Frank not do the stupid thing".

I really enjoy their streams because of this.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

frameset posted:

I really enjoy their streams because of this.

He's sometimes a big baby about it and snaps at her though.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

There's a retailer selling Commander's Arsenal for around $200.... is it worth it? I know that's the cheapest I've seen it, but other than the Scroll Rack and Sylvan Library, I'm not sure how likely I am to want anything out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Niton posted:

In that sense, it's probably more likely for the third KTK set, both to reflect the changed future (Flooded Strand -> Steam Vents, Wooded Foothills -> Misty Rainforest, Polluted Delta -> Marsh Flats, Windswept Heath -> Arid Mesa) and to get people to stop opening KTK and open the third set instead.

This is also my prediction. Additionally I think like the onslaught fetches in khans, it's going to mirror that and have dragons in the pictures with similar flavor text. "Where dragons once ______, they now ______" except now they're alive. The art is going to be terrible. Gotta post this here so I can quote it in almost a year when I'm right.

Secondary guess: ally painlands in Fate

mehall posted:

There's a retailer selling Commander's Arsenal for around $200.... is it worth it? I know that's the cheapest I've seen it, but other than the Scroll Rack and Sylvan Library, I'm not sure how likely I am to want anything out of it.

Nope, unless you really want every card or are a card seller who can get rid of the other poo poo it comes with.

• Locked thread