Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Those reactions to Jaclyn's line. Those are pure Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Josh hasn't stuck to the script yet when it comes to voting.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't understand why it's John or Baylor. Why not Jaclyn?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
John you dummy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahaha

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
This is gonna be great.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So now all three idols are back at camp, right?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Why didn't you use your idol, you fool!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They literally said everything except "We are going to vote out John" and he still didn't play it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We have a massive rear end in a top hat who will never win a million dollars and is a huge physical advantage. Better keep the blonde dipshit who tipped everyone off at TC

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Have fun losing all your challenges dumb fucks.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fast Luck posted:

Baylor seems more dangerous, since Jaclyn is a total blank

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hit the showers, John Rocker!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

I think the view is that Baylor is more of a threat. Considering she's paired off with Josh, the view is probably right. It would have been John vs. one of the girls, and John signed his death warrant when he got sloppy sharing information. Its hard to say for sure whether he would have been going home after blowing up at Immunity, but that combined with the opportunity to blindside someone with a HII was just too tempting.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 9, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Midnightghoul posted:

They literally said everything except "We are going to vote out John" and he still didn't play it
I thought only Jaclyn said that. Baylor kind of covered for it by saying she did expect to be voted, and the guys unless I'm forgetting didn't give much indication they were flipping. Also remember John fed a fake plan to Baylor and Jaclyn so it made sense a little bit for Jaclyn to say she thought there was something else.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Have fun losing all your challenges dumb fucks.

To be fair, they've been losing them anyway. :shobon:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So long ya big galoot.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Boxman posted:

I think the view is that Baylor is more of a threat. Considering she's paired off with Josh, the view is probably right. It would have been John vs. one of the girls, and John signed his death warrant when he got sloppy sharing information. Its hard to say for sure whether he would have been going home after blowing up at Immunity, but that combined with the opportunity to blindside someone with a HII was just too tempting.
Do you think everyone knows about her and Josh? Even she didn't really know about her and Josh...

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
There are some really bigoted people on this tribe if they voted out a guy just because he made some comments deemed to be homosexual in nature

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If I was on the show, I'd wait until about 30 seconds after Jeremy got really excited and then remind him that his wife is now locked in isolation with John Rocker for the remainder of her time there.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Well, at least he was gracious in defeat.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Do you think everyone knows about her and Josh? Even she didn't really know about her and Josh...

Its possible they don't, I'm just saying that, from our perspective, they seem to have their sights set right.

Ghostpilot posted:

To be fair, they've been losing them anyway. :shobon:

I think three challenges in a row is about where you stop giving a poo poo about winning challenges. There's likely to tribe swap to balance the strength of the tribes soonish, so best to keep around people you think you can trust/control. We've seen a few times over the last several years that being one of the last few on a tribe puts you in a decent position going into re-shuffling/merge.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Midnightghoul posted:

There are some really bigoted people on this tribe if they voted out a guy just because he made some comments deemed to be homosexual in nature

and many instances of poor sportsmanship
and made a secret deal with Jeremy on the other tribe
and found a HII without telling anyone in his alliance

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Wow the castaways this season and the orange team in particular are such amateurs. Lose 3 immunity challenges in a row, decide to vote off the strongest person almost guaranteeing they will lose a few more immunity challenges that they may not have otherwise, dumb person practically telling Rocker he was getting voted off when they all know he has an idol, Rocker being dumb enough to not pick up on this.

Blood vs. water casting sucks, because getting pairs of interesting players is much harder than getting individual interesting players.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's really no reason to vote Rocker off. He's a moron, legitimately worked hard at camp, great at physical challenges, no threat socially, his partner is no threat, they will not win the million.

He's a perfect sidekick for the most part. They just caved because they're dumb.

Jaclyn is remarkably expendable, has a partner that's a threat who could benefit from her staying and has a big mouth.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'm sensing a Pagongin' is in our future, I hope not but the wind is strong from that direction.

Based on the previews, even with Rocker gone there is still enough stupid people fighting very hard to rise to the top and grab the crown.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's really no reason to vote Rocker off. He's a moron, legitimately worked hard at camp, great at physical challenges, no threat socially, his partner is no threat, they will not win the million.

He's a perfect sidekick for the most part. They just caved because they're dumb.

Jaclyn is remarkably expendable, has a partner that's a threat who could benefit from her staying and has a big mouth.

The biggest danger with keeping John around was him :words: your plans. Short of that, he's a great asset.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seemed obvious Josh turned on John because he was sketched out by all he had learned about john's game. John admitted having an idol, admitted cutting a deal with Jeremy, admitted trying to save Val, and on top of all of that he pulled that "vote Dale out" stunt that might have gotten back to Josh. John being an rear end in a top hat and bigot who can't even keep from saying he wants to punch a woman factored in but I think only in that it showed John is a volatile, wild card who is going to act emotionally and do what he wants to do. He's a bad ally, even if he's a physical assett for the tribe. And honestly, John hasn't been that strong in challenges. He was a huge assett in the first one but he lost every individual challenge he's had since including the ones all about his size and weight being advantage.

But ultimately I don't even care about the strategic reason. gently caress John Rocker. I'm glad he went home with an idol on his pocket after a woman half his size called him out. gently caress that racist, homophobic rear end in a top hat. Next time try making nice in your social game and not lying a bunch and then stupidly admitting it when no one asked.

As for Jaclyn I just figure she's not coming up because she must be more of a physical asset around the tribe or has been stronger in comps. She's an Amazon and doesn't seem to be playing much so she's probably just more of a tribe assett than Baylor or Val. Although I think it's interesting that she seems to be flying under the radar despite having some strong skills for the merged game when her boyfriend seems to be kind of invisible too on the other side and seems like he avoided that "lost the flint" heat. Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy. The two of them could be a late game threat if they both make the merge without ruffling any feathers.

I look forward to next week when ____Drew______ shoots him/herself in the foot. That's my favorite part of Survivor. Watching assholes like Rocker make their bed and go down, preferably without seeing it coming.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I don't see how Rocker didn't out Josh as a threat and gun for him this episode. He has been pretty worthless in team challenges: no real benefit in first, lost his round in second, and then didn't score on 2 rounds tonight. Also he has thrown a janky vote at 2 tribals and ADMITTED it which means he's unreliable as hell.

All that said he is getting some kind of mastermind edit for some reason although he has done nothing but overplay thus far. Rocker was a drat idiot though and probably could have made it de early far had he kept his mouth shut.

Hoping that Keith, Wes, or Alec win. Hopefully we can see some of the Hunapu tribe soon so we can care about them. Two nor is insufferable though and needs to go ughhhhhhh

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Apparently my hatred for Natalie is so great that I'll defend John Rocker.

TV is disturbing.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

If I was on the show, I'd wait until about 30 seconds after Jeremy got really excited and then remind him that his wife is now locked in isolation with John Rocker for the remainder of her time there.

lol, yeah.

With Rocker gone there's noone left I really like on this season. I liked Jeremy before but he comes off as such a big dumb baby and hypocrite after tonight's episode, and Josh is hard to like with the edit he's getting when most of the strategy he discusses makes no sense or contradicts itself. Hopefully someone else steps up and gets more airtime next episode.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Apparently my hatred for Natalie is so great that I'll defend John Rocker.
There is something there. That pairing of younger males smashed the poo poo out of Rocker's girlfriend but Rocker nudging someone else automatically equates to poor sportsmanship.

Mob mentality is strong with this crew.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
John going sucks because he was a lighting rod for controversy, he was a hilarious moron and because it means Josh is in control of his tribe again. He seems to be the only real gamebot in this season, and I hope that his overplaying comes back to haunt him because I am not really interested in an entire season of him boringly narrating about his strategy and how he doesn't want anyone else to do anything entertaining.

I also don't really know where the idea that Jeremy is a bad player is coming from. He probably overreacted to his wife going home, but calling out the racist homophobic former professional baseball player who promised to protect your wife two days before she got voted out isn't exactly a move that will put a huge target on your back. Everyone on his team seems to like him and he's at the core of a majority alliance that will be dependent on his staying in the game until at least the merge.

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.
My God this cast is stupid. Your competition tells you to vote out your strongest player, a professional athlete...and you do it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Natalie also had a fair point in her post-challenge rant, which is that John really hasn't been a challenge powerhouse. It'll hurt to lose a big guy, but in most of the pre-merge challenges there's still a huge emphasis on throwing things / balancing things / doing puzzles to the point that any group can pretty much win any challenge. Plus they'll probably swap soon enough unless they really want to preserve the lovely 1 on 1 "blood" battles

The real reason it was stupid to vote John out was that he was absolutely not a mastermind, he was a huge shield and he seemed genuinely dedicated to preserving the alliance he formed. But he's not trustworthy because he wanted to keep his girlfriend safe and didn't tell Josh he had an idol quickly enough!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xbilkis posted:

John going sucks because he was a lighting rod for controversy, he was a hilarious moron and because it means Josh is in control of his tribe again. He seems to be the only real gamebot in this season, and I hope that his overplaying comes back to haunt him because I am not really interested in an entire season of him boringly narrating about his strategy and how he doesn't want anyone else to do anything entertaining.

I also don't really know where the idea that Jeremy is a bad player is coming from. He probably overreacted to his wife going home, but calling out the racist homophobic former professional baseball player who promised to protect your wife two days before she got voted out isn't exactly a move that will put a huge target on your back. Everyone on his team seems to like him and he's at the core of a majority alliance that will be dependent on his staying in the game until at least the merge.

Jeremy doesn't seem to know when to just shut up. The rocker thing also outed Jeremy as someone already thinking post merge. He hasn't been that great in challenges.

He's a bad, stereotypical overplayer who has thus far looked better than he probably is simply because he's yet to attend Tribal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Robnoxious posted:

I'm sensing a Pagongin' is in our future, I hope not but the wind is strong from that direction.

Based on the previews, even with Rocker gone there is still enough stupid people fighting very hard to rise to the top and grab the crown.

Well considering past Survivor seasons. There is likely to be a tribe swap coming up in two weeks, once they are down to 14 players. They seem to be doing a lot to keep the Pagongin from happening with the blood vs water and exile island pairing people up from both tribes every week is bound to create some interesting alliances when they merge!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo these people are stupid. They'd better be on their hands and knees praying for a tribe shuffle FAST or we're on a bullet train to Pagongsville.

It takes some spectacularly lovely people to make John freaking Rocker look like the somewhat reasonable one. As a pre-merge troublemaker he was surprisingly entertaining, never thought I'd say this but I'm actually somewhat ok with the casting.

Already bored with Josh getting the Earl from Fiji edit. They're working overtime to make him look smart.

Jeremy being the bull in a china shop is kinda fun, probably the best part of the season so far. I can't imagine a world in which he's a serious contender to win, but it's fun watching him overplay the hell out of things and give snarky confessionals.

edit:

xbilkis posted:

The real reason it was stupid to vote John out was that he was absolutely not a mastermind, he was a huge shield and he seemed genuinely dedicated to preserving the alliance he formed. But he's not trustworthy because he wanted to keep his girlfriend safe and didn't tell Josh he had an idol quickly enough!

Yeah he was a fantastic human shield, unlikely to be a serious post-merge threat and if he somehow manages to find his way to the late game a pretty decent goat if you only have to drag him 2-3 tribals. The entire freaking opposing tribe declared getting him out was their top priority, that's an enormous reason to keep him.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 9, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Rocker was entertaining, and there's a pretty large black hole of charisma with him gone. Not the strongest of starts for a season, at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

xbilkis posted:

But he's not trustworthy because he wanted to keep his girlfriend safe and didn't tell Josh he had an idol quickly enough!

He's not trustworthy because he revealed pertinent information to Val. That's probably way more important than either of those two things. Rocker was a moron and decent, not great, in challenges. And come merge, pairs are going to matter far more than strict numbers on each side. If Wes and Josh manage to keep around 2 of Baylor/Dale/Alec to the merge, with their pairs (Keith and Reed) they're a real force. Obviously poo poo can change, but Rocker's value to the tribe is being a little overstated.

• Locked thread