Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's going to be Komodo. Only way that Ra's can be the true villain of the season and Nyssa being a potential ally for Team Arrow (because, you know, having your ex-lover which you have still feelings for killed doesn't help with family closeness). The archer's outfit is also very different from standard League garb as well.

Also, in case you need to see it again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsAe6QXlaU

That Thea training clip :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wouldn't Sara know Merlyn because Oliver, Tommy, and Laurel were all friends so she'd probably know Tommy's dad? Heck, didn't she mention Malcolm Merlyn by name at some points? I'm sure she'd recognize him.

(Not that it's going to end up being him)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BrianWilly posted:

Wouldn't Sara know Merlyn because Oliver, Tommy, and Laurel were all friends so she'd probably know Tommy's dad? Heck, didn't she mention Malcolm Merlyn by name at some points? I'm sure she'd recognize him.

(Not that it's going to end up being him)

Ehhhhh, maybe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even if she knows him that's not how she would react.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

She was maybe in town to kill him? :shrug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I'm willing to eat my words in a few weeks, but until proven otherwise, I'm sticking with "Not Thea or Merlyn."

Polaron posted:

I mean, it's not as if she worked for a guy whose entire schtick involves coming back from the dead and who seemingly has already brought a different character back from the dead.

I'd be shocked if she didn't come back in some way.

It took you goons too drat long to come to this.

:tinfoil: Ra's al Ghul has her killed/kills her for ~reasons~. Nyssa is definitely not happy about her SO getting iced, so that creates a schism in the family. Furthermore, Ra's still values Sara's ability, so he dunks her in a pit, which also serves to damage her psyche and make her a bit more evil. :tinfoil:

We're definitely getting :flashfact:back Sara. Her past will come into play. And I'm willing to put chips on her coming back to life later, probably crazy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You're willing to bet that they're going to introduce Lazarus Pits to the thus far fairly grounded Arrow?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bring Sara back as White Canary. Problem solved, and shes a villain

Some Numbers posted:

You're willing to bet that they're going to introduce Lazarus Pits to the thus far fairly grounded Arrow?

Yo man, The Flash, The Atom... grounded is going bye bye

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warmachine posted:

It took you goons too drat long to come to this.

:tinfoil: Ra's al Ghul has her killed/kills her for ~reasons~. Nyssa is definitely not happy about her SO getting iced, so that creates a schism in the family. Furthermore, Ra's still values Sara's ability, so he dunks her in a pit, which also serves to damage her psyche and make her a bit more evil. :tinfoil:

We're definitely getting :flashfact:back Sara. Her past will come into play. And I'm willing to put chips on her coming back to life later, probably crazy.

:toxx: or :frogout:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

More likely than boxing glove arrows.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Scyantific posted:

Only way that Ra's can be the true villain of the season

I mean, he's already got a ton of rep, just from the whole connection to the group that spawned the first season villain. The same villain who nearly shat himself when he heard the man's name, and made himself scarce for the rest of the season. His daughter was treated as a big deal when she showed up, she then lived up to that hype.

Speculation:

Thea, on the other hand, a) needs to make a big statement to be taken seriously as a villain, b) knows Sara, having been the sister of her boyfriend and everything, c) spent the last five months under intense training from a madman with a bow (who is fond of black arrows), and d) would not be considered a threat by Sara, as she is a civilian as far as Sara would be able to tell.

As to how she recognized Sara, she was putting her mask on when the voice called out to her.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 10, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Yo man, The Flash, The Atom... grounded is going bye bye

The Flash is (mostly) its own show and the superpowered guys will be contained in Central City. As for The Atom, aren't we pretty sure Palmer's going to be tech-based?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's actually closer to 9 months, since Diggle you know had a kid. So Thea's been training/being brainwashed by Merlyn for 9 months.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hollismason posted:

It's actually closer to 9 months, since Diggle you know had a kid. So Thea's been training/being brainwashed by Merlyn for 9 months.

Five months, nine months, she had a lot of time to slap water and chop logs is what I'm getting at.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Some Numbers posted:

the superpowered guys will be contained in Central City.

They have a train station. It's not going to be that hard for them to spread out a bit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yea that's a good chunk of time , time for Laurel to train, Roy to Train and Thea to train.

Also and this is spoilered in regards to the real Canary I thought they said we'd see in flashbacks this season how she came to be with the League of Assassins?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think Detective Captain Lance explicitly says five months have passed since the attack, and Arrow tries to hew pretty hard to real world timelines anyway. Harbinger must've been four months pregnant at the time, then.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think for sure they've stated the exact amount of time has passed since the end of Season 2. I just can't remember if it's in the show or by one of the producers.

Another theory that I'm batting around is that Sarah got tired of killing people for the League, left one last time to see Laura and Oliver and knew she was going to be killed and it was Ras .

Which makes sense when you think of the parting words to Oliver.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's been 5 months. The Arrowverse sticks as close as it can to real time. See also Barry waking up 9 months after his appearance on Arrow.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Holy crap that episode. Sara's death was a Game of Thrones-level gut punch.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I hope that Laurel gets the proper Canary Cry instead of using tech like Sara did. With The Flash setting up metahumans, it could happen, and it'd be neat to have SOMEONE who isn't just "really good at punching/using a bow/gadgets" involved, so long as she isn't shrieking her head off every episode. Make it take a lot out of her or something.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Some Numbers posted:

We already have a super serum that brings you back from the dead and gives you super human strength. The Flash now exists in continuity as well, which brings the meta humans with him. A Lazarus Pit doesn't seem any weirder.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I loving hate lazurus pits. There's a big difference between "man punches stronger" and "instantly reverse any death". That these "get out of jail free cards" of a plot device were given to a Batman villain, of all people, still baffles me.

I'm not ruling them out. I just think they're cheap, lazy, and a horrid precedent for Arrow to go to.

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

dordreff posted:

More likely than boxing glove arrows.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/01/arrow-season-2-5-debuts-the-boxing-glove-arrow/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's not going to be any Lazarus Pits. The producers of the show already said the show is going to be more grounded this season than it was last because they now have Flash to play with all the superpower stuff in. The only time you'll probably be getting anything superpowery is during the crossover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kruller posted:

I hope that Laurel gets the proper Canary Cry instead of using tech like Sara did. With The Flash setting up metahumans, it could happen, and it'd be neat to have SOMEONE who isn't just "really good at punching/using a bow/gadgets" involved, so long as she isn't shrieking her head off every episode. Make it take a lot out of her or something.

You drink the water in Central City one time...

ghostwritingduck posted:

We already have a super serum that brings you back from the dead and gives you super human strength. The Flash now exists in continuity as well, which brings the meta humans with him. A Lazarus Pit doesn't seem any weirder.

They've actually said Mirakuru was used to make the introduction of The Flash more believable and that after that, superpowers were going back in the closet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sure. What's the time limit? By the end of season 3 or beginning of season 4?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sara deserved to die for her terrible bow fighting skills my god

Now red viper there's a guy who knew how to twirl a stick!

(I loved Sara's character and I'm sad and shocked leave me alone)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Warmachine posted:

Sure. What's the time limit? By the end of season 3 or beginning of season 4?

This is Arrow. If it happens, it'll be in the next two weeks.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Xealot posted:

David Simon would be filming an HBO series in Starling at this point.

I'm going through the Wire right now and it's amazing how much worse/better Starling is compared to Baltimore. 275 homicides a year vs. 2 terrorists attacks a week.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Just started this show from ep 1 and man, I really wish that the cop+dad guy was actually Harry Dresden.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lance may not be Dresden, but he's still awesome.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Also and this is spoilered in regards to the real Canary I thought they said we'd see in flashbacks this season how she came to be with the League of Assassins?

Who says that isn't still going to happen?

I kind of laughed at the "I keep telling her to send pictures" line. Really. Arrow can't put 2 and 2 together there?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, it's not like Thea can't fake some picture to send him.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

hangedman1984 posted:

The gravestone shown on the promo could have been from when she was "dead" after being lost at sea

It definitely was, they showed the numbers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't think she ever officially came back to life. She was pretty insistent about that. Unless it's really been that long since I watched season 2.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i heard this show was good, so I started watching it from episode 1. I think I'm about 6 or so episodes into it, and while I like it and it seems decent, it hasnt starting gripping me yet like I'd expect from what people say. Does it get any better or different?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i heard this show was good, so I started watching it from episode 1. I think I'm about 6 or so episodes into it, and while I like it and it seems decent, it hasnt starting gripping me yet like I'd expect from what people say. Does it get any better or different?

Grit your teeth through 7 and 8 and then watch 9. 9 is when it takes off.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

No, quit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly, watch another four of five. Episode 9 was the midseason finale and was where Arrow went from "nice fun show" to "looking forward to to it every week"

• Locked thread