Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hi squirrel! Why're you being a dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
There is really no option here. Punch that loving squirrel.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Galick posted:

Yes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Punch the goddamn squirrel

I can't not take that option.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

That squirrel needs to be punched.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Pretend only.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Talk it out.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Galick posted:

Yeah, not much in the way of legitimate alternatives there.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You lash out at the branch. The squirrel, alert at your movement, springs up onto another branch. Its tiny eyes blaze down at you, staring, assessing. Judging. You keep an eye on it as you push past.

You step forward into the clearing. Above you, trees twist and climb towards a dark, brooding sky. Rain streams from the branches onto your upturned face. And yet the little space feels warm and intimate, sheltered. You can't quite place the smell, a heady aroma like pine forest but more pungent.

Before your feet lie a number of tiny memorial markers, none bigger than your shoe. Which will you examine?

A cross of twine and chicken bone.
A pile of coloured stones.
An earth-spattered snow globe.
A little statuette.
None of them—just look around the perimeter.

No change in stats.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The cross looks like a good start.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Snow globes are cool.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Snow globe.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Check your surroundings first. You never know when troublesome do-gooders will be about.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Chicken, arise...?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Colo(u)red Stones

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

booksnake posted:

Chicken, arise...?

Arise, Chicken.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The foul stench of fowl fills the air.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Arise my chicken

Naming him Dad was the best idea.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

Although a grisly little thing, the cross is surprisingly well-engineered, the bones bound together in a staggered and rigid structure. A small panel is incorporated into the design, labelled in black felt tip and wrapped in clingfilm. It reads, FOR DESMOND. HE LIKED BONES.

It's clear now. This is a pet cemetery. Do you really want to reach for the humerus and add a decrepit zoo to your horde?

Dad lurks near the entrance, saying nothing. His eyes are non-committal.

A movement in the trees draws your attention. Was that a flutter, or something scurrying between branches? It sounds again, behind you. You get the feeling that you are being watched by something. By several somethings, in fact.

Flee quickly.
Walk away at a restrained pace.
Wait and see what happens.
Touch the humerus and see if you can sense anything.

No change in stats.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
> USE MAGIC.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Touch the humerus

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Wait and see.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Seize the bone.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Naming the vampire dad is going to pay off handsomely.

Wait and see if that squirrel comes at us again.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Grab a hold of your bone.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

As soon as your fingers brush the surface of the humerus you feel a strange tingle and pull them away. The feeling dissipates, leaving only lingering pins and needles.

The clearing is hushed, expectant. You take a deep breath and try again.

This time the tingle spreads to your head. You have a brief sense of sparks swirling around you, a column of tiny extinguished lives inhabiting the clearing. After a few seconds, you get dizzy, and snatch your hand away.

quote:

You blink, then blink again. The clearing becomes a strange double image. One version is offset to the side, its colours blurred and intense. Your legs feel weak beneath you, your body too heavy to hold up. The scents overwhelm you and you drop to your knees.

Dad is suddenly there beside you, a cold hand against your neck. "I'll put in a good word for you," he says. "But you'll have to convince them yourself. Try to think like—" His words slur. You try to look up at his face but your head turns too slowly.

Your breathing slows and the ground pulls at you. Seconds later you're stretched out, raindrops pattering against your cheek. The last thing you see as you fade are blades of grass, so close to your eyes that they seem like towers.

quote:

(fIrE)

The sun is low over the burning dunes. A smell comes on the sirocco, telling you of death soon to come. Already you can feel the crunch of bone, taste the juices of the meat as they break over your dry tongue. You lope into the night through gusts of sand, your mate howling in excitement as she follows.

The dying bird comes into sight beneath a stony bluff. It has found a crack between two rocks but you can easily reach it. Anticipation floods you, beating like thunder. Yet your mate barks. Another pair has come to lay claim to the bird. Your mark is recent and clear. They are trespassing.

Warn them off.
Try to reason with them.
Take only half the bird and share the rest.
Attack them.

Stats posted:

A successful necromancer must manage an array of vital character statistics.

Control: 66% (+1)
Energy: 56%
Luck: 63% (+1)
Corruption: 4% (+1)

Humanity: 21%
You might as well have erected a sign on your house saying NECROMANCER BASE HERE.

Your undead army consists of:
Skeletons: 6
Zombies: 3
and it has killed 3 people in total.

Hmm... I probably missed an earlier stat change, as I'm pretty certain reaching out with the humerus isn't a corruption choice. It had been a while since the stats were up anyways.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I think we're a coyote now, so we should act like one and warn them off.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We may be a coyote, but we're still Bastienne. Share is fair.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Did you miss "Try to think like-" and then "fire"?

Burn them, attack!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Warn them off

We're hungry, not savage.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
In nature, fighting is the last resort. Warn them off.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Only one warning.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Warn them to step off our turf

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

quote:

You take a position between them and the food. Locking your eyes on the closest one, you show your teeth and form a growl deep in your throat.

(waTEr)

Hope slams back through you as you drop into life again, gulping furiously, forcing water through your gills even as the pain behind your eyes begins to fade. Waves toss you this way and that as the immense shadow above slips into motion, the water hammering as it moves off.

You take a moment to calm down. This place is unfamiliar, the reef and the weeds oriented all wrong. Yet the light from above lets you sense the direction of home.

Start for home.
Explore.
Hide to recover strength.
Find another to communicate with.

No change in stats.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Animals are lazy and scared bastards. Hide

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Is anyone out here? I'm kinda lost.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Hide.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Reenact Finding Nemo. Explore

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The fact that we're looking for home suggests we're a salmon or something else territorial, and so the first thing we should do is go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Find another of our kind.

Bought this the other day and just gave it a quick playthrough.
One of the better CoG I've spent money on. Glad I had this LP to push me into finally getting it.

• Locked thread