Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

imperialparadox posted:

Also, I'm pretty convinced that CIG takes pleasure in tormenting Avenger owners. I would have thought that ship would have been out months ago.

I'm fairly certain it was one of the less popular ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Really? As many threads that I see asking about it I thought that more people bought it?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

imperialparadox posted:

Also, I'm pretty convinced that CIG takes pleasure in tormenting Avenger owners. I would have thought that ship would have been out months ago.

Sounds like we need to start identifying ships by their artist/dev team so as to find out how likely they are to be completed.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

imperialparadox posted:

Really? As many threads that I see asking about it I thought that more people bought it?

I remember looking at the old spreadsheet of goon purchases and it was well below even many of the more expensive ships like the constellation. Lack of people putting money into it would certainly explain why it's been so ignored.

The other option is that they have no idea what to do about the gigantic main gun, I suppose.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

imperialparadox posted:

I like how biased the boards are - it's ok to insult anybody saying anything bad about the game, but if you have a complaint yourself you're on borrowed time.

Unfortunately this seems to be true on every official forum of most games. It must be some kind of circle-jerk positive reinforcement business idea to dismiss all criticisms and without evidence believe your product is infallible. Its crap so, all you can do is speak with your wallet, save your money :)

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

I came here to see if there are bets on how much the livestream will fail.. and you guys do not dissapoint.

My predictions are:
- 15 min late
- webpage crashes when sale begins
- sandy in some slutty costume in front of sweaty drunk nerds
- stream hickups
- PU demo will be more technical and less fancy than people expect

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

imperialparadox posted:

Haha that was you? I like how biased the boards are - it's ok to insult anybody saying anything bad about the game, but if you have a complaint yourself you're on borrowed time.

Between that and Ben/Wills absolute hate-on for goons, they're real quick to banhammer anyone they think is trolling out of fear that it might actually be goons. This is why I almost never post on the forums and only rarely PM some of the staff directly. Pugh and Peterson especially.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The CIG CM team (Ben, Will, James) don't exhibit the same kind of goon hate as in the earliest days of the SC forums. A few other organizations have proven themselves to be far more retarded than our guys.

The rank-and-file volunteer moderators (whose ships we've blown up in other space video games, and who belong to organizations at odds with goon organizations) are probably just as likely to jump on you as ever of course!

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone

imperialparadox posted:

Which is a weird thing to say considering some folks have been waiting to see anything more than concept art for almost 2 years now. Starfarer anyone?

The Avenger was full out modelled and Hangar ready what, a month after we first saw it? Still, it is a bit stupid how it got fast tracked all the way to PBR and then just left to sit there, i'll give you that

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HondaCivet posted:

OK wait...

I think I might be wrong, looks like you do get the game, along with Squadron 42? So that's cool.

One question ... Comparing to the base Aurora package, with an Aurora you get "beta access" but here you only get "Arena Commander" access. So with this, you get AC and that's it? None of the new modules as they come out? Kinda weird and lame.

That's an oversight. It will have beta access.

Informed Consent posted:

Which is a weird thing to say considering some folks have been waiting to see anything more than concept art for almost 2 years now. Starfarer anyone?

The Avenger was full out modelled and Hangar ready what, a month after we first saw it? Still, it is a bit stupid how it got fast tracked all the way to PBR and then just left to sit there, i'll give you that

I don't understand it either, seeing as how it's also a single seat craft.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 10, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Informed Consent posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My personal theory is that's *exactly* why it's sat where it's at. The other ships need their spitshine first, and the Avenger is already "good enough, even without variants".

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Kinda weird considering the Avenger been sitting in people's hangars for a year now. Should think that with the maps being bigger, Avenger should be more viable to play, since it has powerful engines but poor mobility (if I recall rightly).

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Informed Consent posted:

Well the Starfarer did get over a hundred images of its various White/Gray box conception modeling shown in the subscribers vault, when they threw them all out to start over.

The Avenger has done something similar and has been repeatedly redone, first seen with the cargo hold being added/expanded. I imagine they just can't really nail down what CR wants with it so it keeps getting trashed and started again. Sounds a little DNF all the sudden.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
After putting a bit more thought I think it's the big loving gun, plain and simple.
What size is it? Is it gimballed? How can they make it not complete broken in the DFM as it currently stands?

My impression had been that it was designed to fight like American fighters from WWII- tough and fast in a straight line but you'd best hope you don't need to turn. I can see that being effective against a larger ship but that seems like a difficult strategy in AC. Hitting a balance between "impossible to use" and "utter bullshit" would be very, very difficult between the presumed clumsiness and the doom cannon mounted to the front.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought a p52 sometime oct 2012. That's an original pledge ship, and a single seater.

There wasn't even a mention of it from CIG since arena commander started. I just want to fly it :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truga posted:

I bought a p52 sometime oct 2012. That's an original pledge ship, and a single seater.

There wasn't even a mention of it from CIG since arena commander started. I just want to fly it :(

The P-52 was never sold by itself, it's the parasite fighter for the Constellation.

Also game is getting patched. Cutlass looks fiiiiine...

EDIT: We've got Cutlass variants.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 11, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Pendent posted:

After putting a bit more thought I think it's the big loving gun, plain and simple.
What size is it? Is it gimballed? How can they make it not complete broken in the DFM as it currently stands?

My impression had been that it was designed to fight like American fighters from WWII- tough and fast in a straight line but you'd best hope you don't need to turn. I can see that being effective against a larger ship but that seems like a difficult strategy in AC. Hitting a balance between "impossible to use" and "utter bullshit" would be very, very difficult between the presumed clumsiness and the doom cannon mounted to the front.

Size 3 factory, accepts up to size 5, is a class II slot. This much we already know. One assumes that the inspiration was for a Space A-10 Thunderbolt II.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

yeah it's pretty bad- I understand having a FLJK tag makes one a target but holy poo poo, the guy was going on a full sperg-rage for two pages, and yet I get banned just telling him not to give himself an aneurysm over a drat space ship.

The name definitely will stay a while.. I'm really surprised toast didn't send me a message about it.

So Cutlass vars but no Avenger... at all. RIGHT.

e: quote didn't work.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 11, 2014

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009
Cutlass red and blue? So that means only 3 types of Cutlass? I guess they blew their load on variants with all the earlier ships? Clearly we need to pledge more to get their creative juices flowing once more!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Why would they work on making a single seater that costs less than 200 bucks flyable when they can work on concept art and variants for ships that won't have to be in the game for another 6 months at least that sell for far more than 200 bucks each?
That's just basic economics. You spend your time working on what drains the most money out of nerd pockets, not what makes a good game. Especially when you have no intention to deliver a game anytime soon.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
One of the cutlasses has prison cells or something:

http://imgur.com/a/ALAft

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Dull Fork posted:

Cutlass red and blue? So that means only 3 types of Cutlass? I guess they blew their load on variants with all the earlier ships? Clearly we need to pledge more to get their creative juices flowing once more!

I'm going to hold out for Cutlass Gold and Silver.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009

Hybridfusion posted:

One of the cutlasses has prison cells or something:

http://imgur.com/a/ALAft

Snap, I guess that is the bounty hunter version?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like an ambulance variant and a prison variant. Pretty underwhelming if that's the case.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like an ambulance variant and a prison variant. Pretty underwhelming if that's the case.

One of them looks like the ice-cream-space-truck-but-really-sells-crack variant to me.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
So how is this fake space game so far?

Spoot
Feb 7, 2007

Captain Gordon posted:

The dog-fighting portion of the alpha game is coming along. Its a lot more fun to fly around and shoot at people than it was even a month or two ago. Other than that, CIG is holding their cards close and revealing things when they think they can reap the most funding. Can you really blame them?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Captain Gordon posted:

Dogfighting improving over time. Started very clunky, now just a littly wonky.

Racing is ok, haven't tried it since keybinding was added (thank god)

graphics are still "Yeah but does it play Star Citizen?" level

Not many bugs other than usual spazzing/glitching.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
890 Jump Brochure leaked (looks like a draft though)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/e5xooqepktsw7r/source/890-Jump-Brochure-V6.pdf

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 11, 2014

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

890 is up in the store but none will be added until the stream, already sold out (showing 0 left)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Origin-890-JUMP-LTI

quote:

Boarders will think twice when finding themselves facing off against five turrets, two missile launchers and a pair of point defense batteries.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 11, 2014

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Get a 404, seems to have been removed again.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

890 is up in the store and unless they haven't added the first batch, already sold out (showing 0 left)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Origin-890-JUMP-LTI

404.... must have pushed it early then brought it down

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

wjs5 posted:

404.... must have pushed it early then brought it down

I still have it loaded, any way I can capture what I have?

e: it was just the $600 tag and 0 left. meh.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
890 Jump now officially announced:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14199-Interstellar-Splendor-The-890-JUMP

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

That's the brochure available on the 890 ship page.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

I still have it loaded, any way I can capture what I have?

e: it was just the $600 tag and 0 left. meh.

The 890 Jump is being sold in limited numbers starting during tonight’s CitizenCon broadcast. The first allotment of 890 ships will be made available shortly after 7 PM PDT, with additional releases every five hours (midnight, 5 am and 10 am Pacific.)

I think this is relevent. They must have put it up on accedent due to timezones then brought it down.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently they are 15 minutes late even opening the doors.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Apparently they are 15 minutes late even opening the doors.

This is expected.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

This is expected.

Two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Contingency posted:

That's the brochure available on the 890 ship page.

yeah someone stumbled over the PDF about 10mins before the 890 ship page went officially online.

• Locked thread