Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox pole
yospos bithc
catte
rip stebe
comedy option
View Results

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

yes my middle school had poo poo tier sim games installed in the library and none of the good ones. sim health, sim isle, sim park ftl

sim park was ok. my sister liked it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pram posted:

hurr u caught a log

i never beat this game.

i beat spelling jungle tho

pram
Jun 10, 2001
one of the disasters was kudzu and it would gently caress up your park permanently lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
do kids still have to suffer through awful 90s edutainment games because i think they should

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
someday i will have a children and they will not be allowed to have any computer that's not a macintosh LC with copies of Kid Pix and Zoombinis. This is because I am a cruel and terrible person

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i bet its all flash now

lua
Jun 16, 2013
is there any way of playing yoot tower on mavericks? the mac version is ppc and dosbox doesn't like the windows version

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

lua posted:

is there any way of playing yoot tower on mavericks? the mac version is ppc and dosbox doesn't like the windows version

get a real computer rofl

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
SheepShaver, friend.

PM me if you need a 7.5.3 install disk.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

(try sheepsaver)

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

~Coxy posted:

SheepShaver, friend.

PM me if you need a 7.5.3 install disk.

doesn't apple still host those on their ftp?

does apple still care about people posting the classic mac ROM online? always the annoyin part of setting up sheepshaver

lua
Jun 16, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

get a real computer rofl

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Sudo Echo posted:

doesn't apple still host those on their ftp?

does apple still care about people posting the classic mac ROM online? always the annoyin part of setting up sheepshaver

i thought they took that down, but I'm sure you can find it online

and the ROMs are easy to find too, I don't think Apple ever cared except for the short period of time when people were making/selling unofficial clones

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whoa, random poll. You have my spork, OP. Sim tower for the epic mf win! Haha.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

set it to windows 95 compatibility mode... if u can

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

am i the only guy who played sim life? i thought it was pretty cool, i used genetically engineer dinosaurs and stuff

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Ganguro King posted:

am i the only guy who played sim life? i thought it was pretty cool, i used genetically engineer dinosaurs and stuff

ooh la la

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
sim life owned

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pram posted:

hurr u caught a log

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

e e e e e e e

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

uuuungghhh this thread the nostalgia

sim tower owned fucknig lmao if your an amaeterour who never got your catyhedral and wedding and that rating after 5 stars

sim city 2k owned but fuuuuck having to place power lines across every fuckin street what am i a peasant

sc3k owned owned owned basically a flawless game

railraod tycoon 2 was some dope poo poo i never played 3 tho. there was some poo poo with issunig and buying back stock and i totally had no idea wtf so iirc i jhst issued shitloads for the easy money

simcopter was dope and sooooo lovely lmao especially the conversion tool

remember scurk? i downloaded scurk over dialup. took like 14 hours. bro and i were fuckin around and accidentally hit the spacebar when it was at like 99%, which cancelled the download. was fuckin livid, had to wait another day to make my own hideous horrendous buildings

amazon trail kicked rear end hth

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

wow transport tycoon looks spergy

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody posted:

wow transport tycoon looks spergy

retro eve online interface looking good

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

tt can be as spergy as you want

or you could just find the shortest distance between an oil rig and a refinery and go wild

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hobbesmaster posted:

retro eve online interface looking good

lookin smart, derek

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i was always more of a sim ant guy

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Bloody posted:

remember scurk? i downloaded scurk over dialup. took like 14 hours.

scurk was only 4 disks wasn't it? how slow was your dialup brah

i downloaded the quake 3 demo on dialup and it was like 80 mb iirc. took about a day.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

BANME.sh posted:

scurk was only 4 disks wasn't it? how slow was your dialup brah

i downloaded the quake 3 demo on dialup and it was like 80 mb iirc. took about a day.

idk probably the slowest

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"dialup" could be one of many possible speeds you know. in 1995 most people probably had a 14.4 modem or maybe a 28.8 if they were ballin, 56k wasn't around until 98 or so

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

"dialup" could be one of many possible speeds you know. in 1995 most people probably had a 14.4 modem or maybe a 28.8 if they were ballin, 56k wasn't around until 98 or so

baud is different from bps and furthermore,

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

baud is different from bps and furthermore,

it is one is a measure of symbol rate and the other is a measure of information rate

SEND SPIKE JONEZ
Dec 31, 2006
spike jonez sent

Share Bear posted:

tt can be as spergy as you want

or you could just find the shortest distance between an oil rig and a refinery and go wild

look at this idiot

cargo generates money based on distance - you find the longest, easiest route within a comfortable budget, not the absolute shortest

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

atomicthumbs posted:

someday i will have a children and they will not be allowed to have any computer that's not a macintosh LC with copies of Kid Pix and Zoombinis. This is because I am a cruel and terrible person

I still have my blue & white G3 tower so I can sort of do this.

I'm not hardcore enough to set up an old lc with system 6.0.8 on it like I used in middle school tho

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

~Coxy posted:

and the ROMs are easy to find too, I don't think Apple ever cared except for the short period of time when people were making/selling unofficial clones

nah they still 7.5.3 rev 2 and the 7.5.5 update. wish they release at least up thru 8.6 tho.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

you can still download system 7.5.3 here http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i had a 33.6k modem, p. baller

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
sim ant wasn't much of a game at all. if you left it alone and just let the ants run things on their own they'd take over the whole really quickly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hmm it's as though the game was "sim"ulating the behavior of real "ant"s

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

oh yeah simisle was really fun i dont remember why but i know i played a lot of it as a childe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

just look at that box art

lmao

• Locked thread