Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I will use the white die from the source to power Mana Draw, grabbing the green die and keeping it.

Play Tranquility to heal my Guardian Golems and Energy Flow to ready my catapults. I'll turn off the Peasants, Herbalists and Illusionists.

Then just play Crystal Mastery for a white to get the card out of my hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Norowas' CO is still valid so I'mma run it:

quote:

Activate Prayer of Weather. Play Swiftness to assault the keep.

No Siege Attacks. Intercept Golems with Golems. They'll have a nice chat about rocks and no one gets hurt.

Play Agility and March, powering one with a die from the source (green preferred) for Move 6. Break a green crystal play March (powered) for Move 4 (10 total). Convert Move 10 to Attack 10, kill Golems, conquer Keep. End turn, draw all the cards, take a peek at the White City.

Goldyx's Turn

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 7 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 8 hand, 8 deck, Prayer of Weather in effect: all terrain +1 move for other players.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 6 hand, 13 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 6 hand, 15 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track | City Listing
Defenders Left - Red: 3 | White: 3 | Green: 3

Stelas fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 10, 2014

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I assault the red city edit using stamina and my ice mages with mana from the source to kill the fire golems in the siege round. I play a powered determination with a blue crystal to block the gargoyle and wait for the illusionist's summon.

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 10, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Impermanent posted:

I assault the red city

You've still got to move in there with something!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Stelas posted:

You've still got to move in there with something!

Impermanent posted:

I assault the red city using powered stamina...

Not sure why he's powering Stamina, since cities are always a 2 to enter. But then, he doesn't state where he's getting the mana to power it from, so...

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
whoops, I thought I had to power it because of Norowas's move. if I don't, I just use regular ol' stamina without powering it.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Impermanent posted:

whoops, I thought I had to power it because of Norowas's move. if I don't, I just use regular ol' stamina without powering it.

...Oh, right. I did a thing. No, you're right. Guessing you're powering it with a crystal, then?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yes, thanks for the weather, cost me a crystal :argh:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Huh, odd. I always like a balmy breeze.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops. My bad. I'd swear I didn't see that there at first.

The illusionist is attacking with a Minotaur (5, brutal).

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I play rage and use my utem crossbowmen to block the minotaur, then I use powered crushing bolt and powered swiftness to deal 6 damage to the illusionist, killing it.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
that's my turn!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Also I take Mana Storm.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

Goldyx levels and gets a skill and an Advanced Action.
Goldyx takes Mana Storm, and flips Red Crystal Craft (once a round, gain a blue crystal and a red mana token) and Potion Making (Once a Round, heal 2).

Tovak gets an extra card which I forgot, since he's on the city he contributed towards.

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 7 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 8 hand, 8 deck, Prayer of Weather in effect: all terrain +1 move for other players.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 6 hand, 9 deck, skill choice.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 7 hand, 14 deck.
Defenders Left - Red: 1 | White: 3 | Green: 3

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'll take potion making.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

*krrrck* Janitorial service, please report to the Red City. Repeat, janitorial service to the Red City. Thank you. *krrck*

(Teasing aside, we've been leaving some easy pickings for Tovak, with all that bonus attack and block. At this rate, he might never own a city, but he's primed to have a stake in all of them, depending on what Aythea does with hers.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 11, 2014

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
It is extremely polite of Tovak to get rid of all of our extraneous enemies.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I play Tranquility for it's card draw effect before i do anything else

IGNORE THIS

I play Improvisation by discarding Cold Toughness for 3 Influence

Peasants give me 2 more for 5

Playing Tranquilty and March sideways for 7

Using that 7 Influence and the white from the source i buy Wings of Wind

Impermanent posted:

It is extremely polite of Tovak to get rid of all of our extraneous enemies.

It's really easy when yall don't leave me with much :razz:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 11, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
One thing that's interesting is that being in three cities is better than owning two.

But good ol' greencity is decently far away from all you jerkos

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Istvun posted:

One thing that's interesting is that being in three cities is better than owning two.

But good ol' greencity is decently far away from all you jerkos

For all the talk earlier of me having a "personal city" to myself since everybody was racing North it seems the situation has really changed and you're the one that's had free reign of the north this whole loving time.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Peasants were spent from my spell earlier. getwrecked e: but you do get a free influence for beating up the city.

also it's not my fault everyone else left. I guess they just got sick of deserts?

Istvun fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 11, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Istvun posted:

Peasants were spent from my spell earlier. getwrecked e: but you do get a free influence for beating up the city.

also it's not my fault everyone else left. I guess they just got sick of deserts?

If that's the case then can i keep Tranquility and use it heal that wound in my hand? I hadn't taken that into account.

And also they saw the potential in stealing the city from the guy getting lovely draws and is currently going running an All Attack No Block deck ( with special guest Wings of Wind).

It'd be great if i would get the abilities that make this build a little bit less painful and 10x more fun.

Gutter Owl posted:

(Teasing aside, we've been leaving some easy pickings for Tovak, with all that bonus attack and block. At this rate, he might never own a city, but he's primed to have a stake in all of them, depending on what Aythea does with hers.)

Tovak's influence through out the cities is felt (partially) far and wide.

Speaking of Attack and Block build, Lost Legion came today! Looking at all the new goodies i'm kinda wishing i had (i think it's called) Determination right about now. :(

Also the Altana Masters are loving insane! Can't wait to actually get to play with this stuff.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

"Hey, maybe we'll finish tonight! drat, that would be greZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Peasants give me 2 more for 5

Arythea's spell spent the peasants so you can't use them, and the +1 you're getting from being the city contributor is being cancelled out by your rep.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Speaking of Attack and Block build, Lost Legion came today! Looking at all the new goodies i'm kinda wishing i had (i think it's called) Determination right about now. :(

Lost Legion looks really daunting at first glance, but by and large it's about the same difficulty since everyone has more stuff.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah the most complex part seems like everything surrounding Volkare and all the little extra bits they put on to the new units and effects. Everything else seems pretty self explanatory.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Please can I reconfirm your move, bearing in mind you can't use peasants and your total reputation there is +0? I think your post puts you at 5 at the moment.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh sorry, Now that i know i can't actually get that spell without using my whole hand i'm not so sure it's worth it.

So i'm just gonna go back to Use Tranquility to see what i get with the card draw before i do anything

Lets see if i can't make it to clean up the mess at red city before they outsource it to those DRAGON folks. :v:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hands are updated!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Once again, Power up Improvisation by discarding Cold Toughness[b]

Then playing a blue from the source [b]Power up Stamina, then play March and Swiftness normally

Which gives me 11 move, which'll put me right up above Goldyx

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
That looks like 13 move, which'll get you there. oh, not powered. Did you move onto the mine or just the desert?

Anyways, I'll break a crystal to power Improvisation, discarding Amulet of Sun

Move onto the ruins and have a good ol' fight. Use Powered Concentration on Swiftness. Power Battle Versatility and use the skill to kill the high dragon.

Use a blue from the source to Snowstorm, killing the dungeon enemy (unless I'm unlucky and it's a worm)

(Broken crystals: 2 red 1 green)

Istvun fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 11, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

Did you move onto the mine or just the desert?

Norowas Did A Thing, so it's the desert.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

Power Battle Versatility and use the skill to kill the high dragon.

Tilecounting!!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

Tilecounting!!

omgban

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

For posterity's sake, the flip:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
This is silly

I'll take Banner of Fear and Banner of Protection because screw it, why not?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx's Turn

Arythea levels and gets a Command Token and some bling.

Prayer of Weather runs out.

By CO, Norowas mana searches and:

quote:

Refreshing Walk (powered), heal the two wounds in my hand. Play Crystalize (sideways) just to get rid of it. Stay put, end turn.

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 3 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 8 hand, 4 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 6 hand, 9 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 6 hand, 9 deck.
Defenders Left - Red: 1 | White: 3 | Green: 3

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Stelas posted:

For posterity's sake, the flip:

That doesn't look like a dungeon monster :raise:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bubble-T posted:

It's a fancy costume.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bubble-T posted:

errr

bugger

e: it was a minotaur instead, so same difference, it's toast. Same fame, too. Gonna go shuffle the keep tokens now.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Sneaky minotaurs and their golem costumes.

edit: Actually this is one rule i'm not 100% on - when your reward is two artifacts, do you do the "take top 2, pick 1" thing twice or do you take 2 of the top 3 artifacts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bubble-T posted:

edit: Actually this is one rule i'm not 100% on - when your reward is two artifacts, do you do the "take top 2, pick 1" thing twice or do you take 2 of the top 3 artifacts?

You get 'however many, plus one'. It's listed in the end of turn rules somewhere, I think.

• Locked thread