Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I NEED TO CALM DOWN

:kimchi:

You know you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Hardcore Pug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANoQwO0Qrw4

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Ugh, that thing's like, the worst kind of cat. Even the dog knows it. Why would you ever want a slimy, humid cat like that?

tviolet
May 20, 2004

Not sure if it was posted before :
http://youtu.be/2ayOA63bdiY

Look at this magnificent wolf!

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Playing with a stuffed, rainbow colored centipede is like riding a moped...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Staring for a long time at a dog makes the dog think they're doing something wrong, and immediately stop what they're doing so you don't get mad at them. At least, that's the way it was explained to me. They're just being mean to a dog having fun :(

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Wedemeyer posted:

Staring for a long time at a dog makes the dog think they're doing something wrong, and immediately stop what they're doing so you don't get mad at them. At least, that's the way it was explained to me. They're just being mean to a dog having fun :(

That's wrong, don't worry. Dogs can pick up on body language easily so they know if you're disapproving or not.

My chocolate labrador likes to wait until someone is watching before she rolls full body into piles of mud and water. She also makes a 'huff' noise and stomps her paw if she wants your attention, usually before pegging it round in small circles or trying to kill her sleepy pillow. If you stare at her while she does something naughty she carries on doing it, just really slowly.

Edit: Embarrassed dogs are the best.

Lethemonster has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Oct 12, 2014

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah I'm positive that beautiful, healthy-looking, well groomed dog with what seem to be a nice house and decent yard will get over any temporary embarrassment pretty easily.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
We all know that dogs get super embarrassed when they're caught playing too. That's why they never play around or with people. It's also mortifying for the poor dog to be given such a childish looking toy in silly colours that dogs socially interpret as being inappropriate.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

My aunts dog, Dixie. She's only about 20 pounds and I think she's some sort of smooth-coat Terrier and goddamn does she love helping on the farm. She's not very good at it compared to the cats but she obsessively chases mice as well as doing her best to heard the cows even if they disregard her for the most part.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Wedemeyer posted:

That collie was just caught being undignified. I'm sure he's mortified at the moment.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dienes posted:

That collie was just caught being undignified. I'm sure he's mortified at the moment.

"Goodness! I simply must have curtains put up."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tibor posted:

We all know that dogs get super embarrassed when they're caught playing too. That's why they never play around or with people. It's also mortifying for the poor dog to be given such a childish looking toy in silly colours that dogs socially interpret as being inappropriate.

My cat would get embarrassed if you laughed at her when she was playing by herself and stop it and just sit up and pretend she wasn't doing anything and be grumpy.

Cats are hilarious.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

MikeJF posted:

My cat would get embarrassed if you laughed at her when she was playing by herself and stop it and just sit up and pretend she wasn't doing anything and be grumpy.

Cats are hilarious.

Oh God, yeah you can't laugh at a cat but sometimes it's impossible to hold it back. My dog seems to love being humiliated though. One of our favourite games is to ball up some masking tape (that tape which is hardly sticky at all used for DIY) and watch him try to get it off his face after he bites it. He loves it and gets more excited the more we laugh.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Tibor posted:

Oh God, yeah you can't laugh at a cat but sometimes it's impossible to hold it back. My dog seems to love being humiliated though. One of our favourite games is to ball up some masking tape (that tape which is hardly sticky at all used for DIY) and watch him try to get it off his face after he bites it. He loves it and gets more excited the more we laugh.

Dogs love to make people happy so they don't care if what they're doing makes them look silly as long as they're getting positive attention.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fork bomb posted:

Dogs love to make people happy so they don't care if what they're doing makes them look silly as long as they're getting positive attention.

Some dogs! The lab I had growing up loved to make people laugh, and we accidentally taught him a number of tricks this way, the best of which was "bite daddy." At the same time, if he did something by accident and we laughed, he'd glare at us and slink out of the room.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
This is the look you get if you laugh at my dog:

(he had just fallen into the lake, and he HATES getting wet)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Those are some weird looking chipmunks.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Lookit dem peccaries

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Triple Helix posted:

Those are some weird looking chipmunks.

The worst chipmunks.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Look at this horrible chipmunk http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfka4UcSQzk

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You're not supposed to keep baby bears as pets :colbert:.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Horrifying javelina attack caught on film!

Video here. Not for the faint of heart!

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Oct 13, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is that a baby bear or baby chow chow?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/10/13/cat-man-from-kyushu-walks-nine-cats-in-a-stroller-draws-crowds-in-tokyo/

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

SynthOrange posted:

Is that a baby bear or baby chow chow?!

Yes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

-Zydeco- posted:

You should have posted it without the timeskip 'cause at first it made me super depressed since I thought they just left it there :ohdear:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

-Zydeco- posted:

The worst dog.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look out, here I come to peench you! :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

SynthOrange posted:

Look out, here I come to peench you! :3:

This guy stood still on the beach in Hunting Island, SC August 2008 while getting a lens up close. Normally it's hard to get within 20-feet of one of these. It was a day after a pretty strong tide pounded the beach, she may have been a bit disoriented

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

That guy is nuts! :stonk:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah, he's just in love.

That's a moray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, he's just in love.

That's a moray.

gently caress you.