Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I think it is cute that you think he'll play football again. PR nightmare right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Plus you can't keep anyone drafted in the first and second rounds, whether or not they were dropped at one point.

That's the logic I apply to round number penalties, I just look up last year's draft and go from there.

It would probably make more sense to remove the round 1 and 2 blocks and use the default 12th round for players that were dropped during the season but it makes it much harder to keep track of.

Let's keep it the way it is for this season and see if enough players want to change for next season.

Also, it happened last year with Doug Martin - I picked him up off waivers late in the season, after he had been dropped for a season-ending injury. I would have kept him if it only cost me a 12th rounder but we never considered that. I even listed him in the 24 blocked players before we drafted, after we decided to block rounds 1 and 2. I guess what I'm saying is: I should have made the rules clearer, but I'm not making them up as we go. :) Sorry for the confusion!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

internet inc posted:

It would probably make more sense to remove the round 1 and 2 blocks and use the default 12th round for players that were dropped during the season but it makes it much harder to keep track of.

Let's keep it the way it is for this season and see if enough players want to change for next season.

Also, it happened last year with Doug Martin - I picked him up off waivers late in the season, after he had been dropped for a season-ending injury. I would have kept him if it only cost me a 12th rounder but we never considered that. I even listed him in the 24 blocked players before we drafted, after we decided to block rounds 1 and 2. I guess what I'm saying is: I should have made the rules clearer, but I'm not making them up as we go. :) Sorry for the confusion!

...and I guess I just assumed you were tracking players as they were added and dropped. Isn't that hard, and kinda makes it not worth taking a flyer on players like that...ever.

Obviously I guess I'll be clearing a roster spot again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's a reason no one else picked him up dude.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

RCarr posted:

There's a reason no one else picked him up dude.

Every keeper league I've ever played in works off the logic that a FA is fair game and doesn't retain a round designation unless they're reacquired by the same time in the same year. The first post in this thread doesn't explicitly cover this scenario.

This is why I keep a rules document to cover every little scenario and sticky it in my leagues, to avoid confusion on things like this.

It's really no big deal ultimately, I'm not playing him now anyway (duh), and I dropped a guy who I wasn't playing either. No skin off my back...just wouldn't have bothered with it if it were laid out clearly, which internet inc himself said didn't happen.

I'm 4-2, better off than I thought I'd be at this point, so it's all good.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It might not be too hard to keep track of star players like AD but we could get surprises during the offseason that would make this very hard to do because once a season ends, it's impossible to go back and see player transactions. This could lead to, say, Isaiah Crowell being traded to wherever to be the feature back. Projected first round pick, most likely going to be a keeper player for whoever has him on his roster but I'll have no idea if he was ever dropped at one point. I guess I could keep pages upon pages of player transactions but... I don't know if it would be worth it.

For example, you'd have to strategize on not dropping Peterson so that no one gets the advantage you won't be getting. If you keep him on your roster, you won't be able to use your keeper tag on him. If you drop him, someone else gets him for a 12th rounder and gains a huge advantage over you (and everyone else). So you basically settle for one fewer bench spot for an entire season, in Peterson's case. I'm all for roster management and keeper strategies but this might be a little too... intense.

You can take flyers on non-IR'd/suspended of any other player who wasn't drafted in the first 2 rounds. This encourages grabbing rookies and being a little behind in points for one season, in an effort to have that pay off the next season. That's much more in the spirit of the sport, in my opinion.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

I'm all for roster management and keeper strategies but this might be a little too... intense.

Haha, that's exactly what I do in my leagues and it certainly makes things interesting. I see where you're coming from, though, as keeping track on transaction histories in ESPN leagues are a bit easier than in Yahoo.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Like I said, I wouldn't mind changing up the rules if everyone agrees to it before the next season! I'll make sure we vote on this in August or something.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yahoo is the shittiest fantasy site ever. So slow and hard to navigate

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gyshall posted:

Yahoo is the shittiest fantasy site ever. So slow and hard to navigate

I actually like it, especially compared to ESPN. Then again I've been using it for about 12 years.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Offering my #1 draft pick next year and another player or two for a package with an RB1. The Green Bastards

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gyshall posted:

Offering my #1 draft pick next year and another player or two for a package with an RB1. The Green Bastards

I have this Lesean McCoy if you're still interested in making this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It's over!!

First place: Hernandez Body Count - $216
Second place: No more Mr. Nice Guy - $108
Third place: Cutty does it - $36

Money should be coming your way soon enough. I'm just going to wait until we clear stat corrections deadline. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it's probably because my wife has gone into labor.

I'll be sending invitations early next year so we have time to discuss the few issues that came up this year. If you haven't responded ~6 weeks before our draft, you're out of luck, son!

Happy holidays to y'all! You can now stop caring about your Fantasy Football mans and watch your favorite team tank for the #1 draft pick or whatever.

• Locked thread