Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Istvun posted:

I'll take Banner of Fear and Banner of Protection because screw it, why not?

I hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Gutter Owl posted:

I hate you.

I flipped triple banners!

why you gotta hate?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Totally pointing out it's not me pausing the thread this time!

(But I did have to go and check when I woke up, to make sure.)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Whoops! I thought I'd sent this in already. I midnight meditate and flip everything but fireball and rage back in to my deck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hands have been updated!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Use will power for a green mana, power march to move on to the wasteland to the west, then use a red crystal and a black mana die to Firestorm the blue dragon west of the city.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

Goldyx takes a Wound for using Firestorm.

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 3 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 8 hand, 4 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 6 hand, 7 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 6 hand, 9 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track | City Listing
Defenders Left - Red: 1 | White: 3 | Green: 3

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea's Turn

By CO, Tovak Marches into the city, lays down Mana Draw and Concentrate sideways to get to 5 block, then uses a red dice from the source to power Rage up to Attack 4. Add in the 2 Ice Damage and the gargoyle's dead.

Then he pops a Ruby Ring and ends turn.

The Red City is conquered!

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 3 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 6 hand, 7 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 7 hand, 3 deck.
Defenders Left - White: 3 | Green: 3

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 13, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll use the white die to power Song of Wind, and along with Frost Bridge and a sideways Training, move SW SE SE next to the ironclads and insult their mothers.

Get punched in the face for 2 wounds, then use my Golems and Utem Guardsmen to kill them, along with my freezing power.

Put Banner of Fear on the golems and Banner of Protection on the guards, hand Goldyx my wounds and level.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea levels and also hands off a Wound to Goldyx.
Arythea gets an Advanced Action and a skill; she flips Dark Negotiation (Once a turn, +2 Influence at day, or +3 Influence at night) and Dark Paths (Once a turn, +1 Move at day, or +2 Move at night.)

Arythea (Istvun) - 1/6 hand, 3 deck, yet to draw.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 7 hand, 7 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 13, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dark paths would be good if I wasn't almost done moving or if there were any good advanced actions in the offer.

Instead I'll grab Green Crystal Craft out of the common offer.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Maximal Effect is pretty good though? Unless by throw away it means throw away and not discard.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea takes Green Crystal Craft and is restricted to taking Magic Talent from the offer.

In the middle of her draw, Long Night activates, shuffling and drawing 3 cards from her discard to her deck.

Norowas' Turn

By CO, Norowas Mana Searches then powers Tranquility to draw 2.

Arythea (Istvun) - 6 hand, 2 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 9 hand, 2 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 13, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Maximal Effect is pretty good though? Unless by throw away it means throw away and not discard.

Maximal Effect does indeed trash cards en masse. Which is not to say it isn't useful, especially late-game...

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

maximal effect is fine, but I don't see a way for me to get a half-decent effect out of it before the game ends.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

My head hurts from doing so much math now.

Norowas

No move

Interact, taking the -3 Influence penalty.

Break open Amulet of Darkness (powered) for three white tokens. Spend white token to play Noble Manners (powered) for Influence 4 (1 total). Spend red token to play Improvisation, discarding Stamina for Influence 3 (4 total). Spend a token, play Learning (powered) for Influence 4 (8 total) and the powered effect. Play Ice Shield (sideways) for Influence 1 (9 total) Spend 9 influence to take Heroic Tale into my hand. Spend a token, play Heroic Tale (powered) for Influence 6. Play Rage and RageDetermination (sideways) for Influence 2 (8 total). Recruit Ice Golems.

End turn, gain +2 fame and +2 reputation. Level up.

Exhale.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 14, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Potentially a silly question, but where did the red mana come from?

Or was that actually unpowered?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Influence 3 would be an unpowered.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Unpowered.

But while we're noting this, I'd like to play Determination sideways in place of one of the two Rages I initially played.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx's Turn

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 3 hand, 0 deck.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Out of curiosity, what monsters are currently in the brown discard pile?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gutter Owl posted:

We reshuffled really recently. I think it's just a pair of minos and a gargoyle (clearly the pile is stacked)

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Medusas ruin my plans every time they pop up.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

I'll check when I get home but yeah, it's worth noting I think you guys have gone through it at least once and I think twice.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Just sent Stelas a flowchart. This is like the fourth time I've revised my CO for next turn.

Do not let me play in your games. It can only end in suffering.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I play powered tranquility to heal 2 wounds and end my turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

With the conquered city nearby, Goldyx draws up to 8.

Goldyx (Impermanent) - 8 hand, 3 deck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Do not let me play in your games. It can only end in suffering.

no but seriously, this thing is an entire page

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
My COs have no conditions, which is evidence either of terrible strategy or great strategy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Discard Crystalise to discard the 3 wounds in my hand, nothing else doing

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea's Turn

Aw, man, I'm going to have to do another Round End post, aren't I? Those things take ages.

Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 6 hand, 0 deck.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

Aw, man, I'm going to have to do another Round End post, aren't I? Those things take ages.

If it's any consolation, this will probably be the last one before the Game End post.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
God damnit. I had a PLAN, and it was SIMPLE, and it WORKED and now I need to do something way more complicated. Thanks for nothing, assholes.

Play Magic Talent discarding Mana Draw March to be able to cast meditation. Cast Trance, using the source and a token from flipping Green Crystal Craft to bring back Crystal Mastery and Call to Arms.

Play Steady Tempo and Pure Magic (sideways) to attack the mage tower. Tank the hit with the guardsmen and use the catapults and Determination to finish them off. Grab Wings of Wind.

Put Steady Tempo on the bottom of my deck.

Net gain: +1 blue crystal

Istvun fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 14, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

If it's any consolation, this will probably be the last one before the Game End post.

I'll be staggered if it isn't, I'll say that much.

Norowas' Turn

Arythea does all that crap.

Norowas...

quote:

Start of turn: Mana Search away any Gold, Green, and/or Black, in that priority order.

[...]

Otherwise, if the source has a white or two blue:

Play Mana Draw--either powered to turn a Green/Black/Gold into a blue and two blue crystals, or unpowered to take two blue dice. Play Stamina (powered) to move onto the spawning ground. Challenge spawning ground. No range, no block. Assign damage as follows.

Medusa: Intercept with Illusionists (killing them), then Ice Golems (unscathed).
Any non-Medusa, non-Werewolf: Intercept one with Guardian Golems.
Two Werewolves (hey, could happen): Intercept one with Guardian Golems (wounded), then Illusionists (unscathed).
Remainder hits me for wounds.

Then, use blue to activate Ice Golems for Ice Attack 8 with Leadership. Play Rage for Attack 2. Combine and kill all enemies if possible. (Should be able unless I draw a Crypt Worm.) End turn, collect rewards as appropriate.

The spawning grounds roll up a Medusa and a Werewolf. The Illusionists, having physical resistance, can block the Medusa's 4 damage entirely. Then the Golems block most of the werewolf and take a wound and the Ice Golems take the rest, left unscathed.

Norowas' crystal reward rolls blue, white, and gold. Norowas gets to pick one crystal colour. He has two artifacts on his card to choose from.

Goldyx's Turn

Arythea (Istvun) - 7 hand, 0 deck.
Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 2 hand, 0 deck, yet to draw, artifact choice, crystal choice.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 6 hand, 0 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 14, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

errrr wait

hold up

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Medusas have 6 damage, not 4 - so Norowas' Guardian Golems are not wounded, because they help out with the medusa, and Norowas takes the 2 wounds from the werewolf.

... I think that'll do it. Hands updated.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

HORN OF WRATH HORN OF WRATH HORN OF WRATH

(and a blue crystal)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

That is the worst artifact flip in the history of man. "Hmm, I could have this insanely awesome shiny thing, or this insanely awesome shiny thing."

Given the state of the game, though, it's kind of hard to pass up Siege Attack 12.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I play march to head on in to the city, then I flip both my tokens to heal up and to get a blue crystal and a white mana token, which I use to play a powered promise + the rest of my hand sideways in order to buy an Artifact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

That is the worst artifact flip in the history of man. "Hmm, I could have this insanely awesome shiny thing, or this insanely awesome shiny thing."

Given the state of the game, though, it's kind of hard to pass up Siege Attack 12.

fuckkin trible banners

• Locked thread