Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Squashy Nipples posted:

Oh, OK. I just started playing the game, so thanks for not spoiling it!

I pity you for not having played through the game yet.

I envy you for getting to experience the game for the first time now.

It's a really great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^
I've really been enjoying it so far. It's not easy to parody a game form while simultaneously wallowing in it, and so far they've really pulled it off.

Bum the Sad posted:

I think he was actually thanking you for not saying too much.

LOL! You are correct, I was being genuine: Hakkesshu told me what happened without spoiling anything, and I was grateful.

You guy's sarcasm detectors need tuning.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
This week:

South Park Studios posted:

Timmy defines a new category of personal transportation on an all-new episode of “South Park” Wednesday, October 15 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT on Comedy Central

——–
All-New Season 18 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD Exclusively on Hulu And SouthPark.cc.com
——–

NEW YORK, October 13, 2014 – Timmy‘s personal car service takes off on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Handicar,” premiering Wednesday, October 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Timmy’s idea to raise money for the summer camp has everyone in South Park trying out the latest trend in transportation. Timmy’s success makes him a lot of enemies and a bloodbath of epic proportions is on the horizon.

The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere. The episodes are also available for purchase in SD and HD on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network and Vudu.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 18 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow, a take on ride-sharing services like Uber, Lyft, and Access. I'm intrigued.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are you the guy on the right?

Mister Scientist.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Is this Timmy's first major role since Up The Down Steroid? The only other one since then that comes to mind is Crippled Summer, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe Jimmy was given more or less the sole focus in that plotline.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
No clue but I love how South Park doesn't run poo poo it into the ground. Timmy and Jimmy get major plots just once every few years and when they do it's always great.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
As a Lorde fan, this episode was loving hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing when Sia started singing that song :D

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lorde responded to the episode in a TV interview :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIgEqryoiM

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Best season in years

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Stalins Moustache posted:

As a Lorde fan, this episode was loving hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing when Sia started singing that song :D

This episode kind of made me a Lorde fan

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Preview clip

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I love the 30 second unavoidable commercial for a 15 second clip.

E: also, Timmy provides cab service in the game.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Trash Boat posted:

Is this Timmy's first major role since Up The Down Steroid? The only other one since then that comes to mind is Crippled Summer, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe Jimmy was given more or less the sole focus in that plotline.

Both Timmy and Jimmy seemed to be a secondary focus in that episode in favor of Nathan and Towelie.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Waltzing Along posted:

I love the 30 second unavoidable commercial for a 15 second clip.

E: also, Timmy provides cab service in the game.

It is less than 2 months from being 2015, get with the times and install adblock.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
You still get ads on that site with adblock because :qq: are profits :qq:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SilverSupernova posted:

Both Timmy and Jimmy seemed to be a secondary focus in that episode in favor of Nathan and Towelie.

That episode is hilarious, by the way. Not for the Towlie bits, but for the other two kids who were like the Loony Tunes gangsters. I'd like to see them return again and do more attempts at killing Jimmy that blow up in their faces while Jimmy is unaware of it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

That episode is hilarious, by the way. Not for the Towlie bits, but for the other two kids who were like the Loony Tunes gangsters. I'd like to see them return again and do more attempts at killing Jimmy that blow up in their faces while Jimmy is unaware of it

All the kids in that episode were modeled after Looney Toons. And it looks like you're getting your wish, South Park posted a picture of Nathan and Mimsy from tomorrow's episode.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wasn't that the episode right after 200 and they basically went "Well if we can't show Muhammad might as well show a special needs kid getting raped by a shark"?

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

bobjr posted:

Wasn't that the episode right after 200 and they basically went "Well if we can't show Muhammad might as well show a special needs kid getting raped by a shark"?

Not quite in those words, but yes: "We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
So far I'm really impressed with this season, and as I've mentioned, I love how they are interlocking the episodes. The strongest South Park's are usually the 2-3 parters IMO, and it's nice to see a timeline with the new episodes (the gym still being burnt up from Butters, Lorde, etc).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grin and Tonic posted:

So far I'm really impressed with this season, and as I've mentioned, I love how they are interlocking the episodes. The strongest South Park's are usually the 2-3 parters IMO, and it's nice to see a timeline with the new episodes (the gym still being burnt up from Butters, Lorde, etc).

Partially agree, but sometimes feel that the 3 parters feel like they're going on a bit long. This season has been great though and if they want to throw a long one at the end, I won't be complaining.

God I love continuity!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

South Park takes on Uber. This is going to be good, especially since transportation workers in either Orlando or Columbus, OH (one of the two cities I've watched news in recently) have flipped a poo poo over Uber lately. :getin:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CBJSprague24 posted:

South Park takes on Uber.

People have been saying that (South Park takes on [blank]) every episode this season and it has yet to be true. South Park is a comedy show, not a soapbox for your pet political issues.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

It is less than 2 months from being 2015, get with the times and install adblock.

Have adblock, sat through a 60 second "don't use adblock" screen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have adblock and every time I sit at a new computer, the first thing I do is spend 10 seconds adding it to firefox.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
Adblock does not work anymore as Southpark online streaming is done through Hulu. You will have to sit through the ads that are showing or Hulu plays a blank screen for you.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

Adblock does not work anymore as Southpark online streaming is done through Hulu. You will have to sit through the ads that are showing or Hulu plays a blank screen for you.

There's something hilarious about the fact that most of the people who are complaining about the Hulu ads used adblock, meaning they are responsible for the move to Hulu. God knows how much money they were losing because people didn't want to watch a 10 second ad. Now we're stuck with 3 30 second long ads.

Nice.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Muttonchips posted:

There's something hilarious about the fact that most of the people who are complaining about the Hulu ads used adblock, meaning they are responsible for the move to Hulu. God knows how much money they were losing because people didn't want to watch a 10 second ad. Now we're stuck with 3 30 second long ads.

Nice.

They moved to Hulu because Hulu came and said "here's some money".

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Adblock, eh?

I'm a NoScript guy myself.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
Yea the switch to Hulu came with a gift of $80 Million...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tarlibone posted:

Adblock, eh?

I'm a NoScript guy myself.

Why choose just one when you can have it all?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIgEqryoiM

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm really mad at myself for missing last week but holy poo poo this week already owns.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It's 8 minutes in and so far there's no continuity with the previous episodes of the season. Worst episode ever.

(although they did reference the summer camp episode)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
They broke his legs. Haha.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm Lorde! Lordey Lorde!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Drive by Lorde.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jamesman posted:

It's 8 minutes in and so far there's no continuity with the previous episodes of the season. Worst episode ever.

(although they did reference the summer camp episode)

Randy in the cart singing I am Lorde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SHUT UP MIMSYYYYYY

• Locked thread