Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I continue to let in soft goals because of mistakes/bad defending/bad AI positioning and then immediately score goals in retaliation.

Part 1,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywPDJmyKUE

and in another game, it was the game winner in the 88th minute,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvJHx37lHE

In my opinion the defending in FIFA 15 is complete poo poo. Being able to rush straight at the defense and succeed is real dumb. Running it straight at goal from kickoff has replaced the stupid pass/go on run/lob from FIFA 14. I hope it's patched out but it seems that it's so ingrained in the games bad defending AI that it won't be fixed or maybe changed until FIFA 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

In other news, Honda continues to kick rear end at freekicks,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FftPlBNxRfo
Thankfully the 'improved' goalkeeper AI is poo poo, otherwise this goal would have never have happened.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Me and the big taff man were lighting up the co op world last night. Can we be beaten? This pony says no

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Me and the big taff man were lighting up the co op world last night. Can we be beaten? This pony says no

you were bad and me and my mate (record 13-2-1, including cups 24-2-2) would wreck you

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

I wish FIFA career mode got to the level that Madden is. For me I don't have the time for FM / find it a bit too much, FIFA career is just too little.

I like in Madden you can do things like where talking to the media actually can be quite a bonus or lose, put pricing in merch / food & drinks, upgrade the toilets, seating, parking area, the merchandise shop. Theres happiness % with fans, your team etc. Alot of those little things in FM and Madden which would make Career mode a good middle between FM numbers game and just playing a football match again and again.

This is a daft idea. Football manager games where you can play as the team are dumb because the management aspects become less and less important and its actually more based on how you play as a team

Player happiness is already in.

If Im playing Fifa I want to play a match again and again. If I want to sim a management I play FM. It sounds like you want something like the loving awful Fifa Manager series, one of the games in that you could develop your own house and get a girlfriend who you eventually marry. Was one of the most retarded things Ive ever seen in a game. Theres a reason the fifa manager series flopped, and its because people dont want to manage and play.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Duncan Sperguson posted:

you were bad and me and my mate (record 13-2-1, including cups 24-2-2) would wreck you

We conceded 4 goals that were all my fault except 1 which I dont remember

Goal 1 - I was setting up the stream and didnt realise smelly face had started the match and by the time I came back we were 1-0 down
Goal 2 - Goalie saved a shot, was trickling to the line, I got a defender back to it and stopped it on the line, at which point the goalie slid and took out my player and hit the ball in the net
Goal 3 - I was trying to log in twitch and passed it straight out from a goal kick and they scored

Also I dont believe you have a mate

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

We conceded 4 goals that were all my fault except 1 which I dont remember

Goal 1 - I was setting up the stream and didnt realise smelly face had started the match and by the time I came back we were 1-0 down
Goal 2 - Goalie saved a shot, was trickling to the line, I got a defender back to it and stopped it on the line, at which point the goalie slid and took out my player and hit the ball in the net
Goal 3 - I was trying to log in twitch and passed it straight out from a goal kick and they scored

1 goal they scored was actually good

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

After watching your stream I don't believe you're a day under 40

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Duncan Sperguson posted:

It looks like our record 2-0-0, a perfect record, is better than your record though?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

lets put our co-op seasons medals on the table

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Duncan Sperguson posted:

lets put our co-op seasons medals on the table

Is it possible to arrange co-op matches like this?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Smelly face youre getting it wrong, you're supposed to make fun of him till he challenges us to a match and then refuse to play him because it will make him meltdown more in multiple threads. Ugh, youre the worst co-op trolling partner

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Duncan Sperguson posted:

After watching your stream I don't believe you're a day under 40

Ive had a hard life, but thank you for the streaming views feel free to subscribe. Ive also added a nice profile pic of me and the why bird, and a background image for my offline screen. I'm just trying to work out how to monetize my stream to rake in the sweet sweet streaming cash.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Is it possible to arrange co-op matches like this?

im not sure i dont think so i think friendlies is only normal seasons? might be wrong

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Smelly face youre getting it wrong, you're supposed to make fun of him till he challenges us to a match and then refuse to play him because it will make him meltdown more in multiple threads. Ugh, youre the worst co-op trolling partner

I'm sorry the big taff man, my skills lie in ownage on the pitch and your skills lie in ownage online

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

theres no silverware to be had playing you and smelly face i wouldnt see the reward

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive had a hard life, but thank you for the streaming views feel free to subscribe. Ive also added a nice profile pic of me and the why bird, and a background image for my offline screen. I'm just trying to work out how to monetize my stream to rake in the sweet sweet streaming cash.

Show us your tits you tart.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

lol im a big fan of the offline background

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Show us your tits you tart.

For a bit my twitch profile pic was me in the shower all lathered up but I removed it as its a bit risque

You can still see the shower pic on my guide to attending football matches on my website tho

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Taff's gaming for worst FIFA player on Twitch award.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Taff's gaming for worst FIFA player on Twitch award.

I think you have to be popular on twitch to get that award.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
My twitch stream is growing, we hit a high of 6 viewers last night on my very first stream. I'll be building on that

I know youre scared to show your face online so cant do your own streaming Fluo, tho if the pics Ive been pm'd are you then to be honest I cant blame you for not showing your face. Thankfully I have no shame.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

My twitch stream is growing, we hit a high of 6 viewers last night on my very first stream. I'll be building on that

I know youre scared to show your face online so cant do your own streaming Fluo, tho if the pics Ive been pm'd are you then to be honest I cant blame you for not showing your face. Thankfully I have no shame.

A bit personal this and no I don't actively show my face every 5 minutes because I'd rather not be doxx again, especially the field I'm working in.
That photo of me is 3 years old and was for halloween. :ssh:

Anyway this is highly off topic and I'd like you to leave personal attacks to PMs.

The new FIFA 15 patch has been released.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/fifa-15-update-ps4-xbox-one-pc-now-available/

quote:

The latest update for FIFA 15 is now available for you to download for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

This was confirmed by the official EA FIFA Twitter page. The new FIFA 15 update addresses many fixes and bugs that plagued the game during launch.

EA went on to say on their official forums they are committed to improving the experience of FIFA 15 in an “ongoing” process. Much like they do every year, they will continue to listen to “feedback from our fans” to further improve the game until FIFA 16 comes out next year.

For now, the new FIFA 15 update for PS4 and Xbox One should be enough to fix some issues.

Check out the update notes below:

Fixed ‘search-by-name’ functionality in Career Mode.
Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match.
Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players.
Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches.
Fixed occurrences where post-match menus do not appear after a FUT Single Player Season match.
Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs.
Improved stability when players change their set-piece taker.
Fixed occurrence where Reserves not brought into Season matches
Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces

PS4 Stuttering Issue

We believe we have made progress in our on-going investigation of the stuttering issues currently affecting a small percentage of PS4 users. If you’re affected by this issue please you can help us with our investigation by providing details to @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Someone already posted that patch.

Where's the patch that makes defenders not defend like strikers?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Someone already posted that patch.

Where's the patch that makes defenders not defend like strikers?

Ah must have missed it.

And yeah that's getting quite annoying, especially when they just stand there watching players pass them. :argh:

Atleast they fixed that one major bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0IWN1GCSo

Fluo fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 15, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

A bit personal this and no I don't actively show my face every 5 minutes because I'd rather not be doxx again, especially the field I'm working in.
That photo of me is 3 years old and was for halloween. :ssh:

I dont know what photo youre talking about I was just making fun of you not wanting to show your face

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Tzen posted:

I continue to let in soft goals because of mistakes/bad defending/bad AI positioning and then immediately score goals in retaliation.

Part 1,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywPDJmyKUE

and in another game, it was the game winner in the 88th minute,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvJHx37lHE

In my opinion the defending in FIFA 15 is complete poo poo. Being able to rush straight at the defense and succeed is real dumb. Running it straight at goal from kickoff has replaced the stupid pass/go on run/lob from FIFA 14. I hope it's patched out but it seems that it's so ingrained in the games bad defending AI that it won't be fixed or maybe changed until FIFA 16.

just got round to watching these and your defending is awful, but his is worse.

Stop relying on the 2nd man pressure, you pulled your defenders out of position on both of their goals and looks like you mashed the tackle button which led to your guy being out of the picture.

Both the goals you scored are retarded defending. That run from kick off is easy to defend if you dont just run upfield as soon as the opposition kick off.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

I dont know what photo youre talking about I was just making fun of you not wanting to show your face

Not everyone is an exhibitionist like you Taff ol' chum.

I am FIFA ing so hard today later with my squad of mediocre EPL players.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I made a lovely EPL squad with like 10k. I regret it and wish I bought a pack instead.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

im gay posted:

I made a lovely EPL squad with like 10k. I regret it and wish I bought a pack instead.

You could try and aim for making a twink browns team and destroying the bronze players only cup?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Weren't some of y'all hyped about the new "physicalness" of the person controlling the ball before this game came out?

We went from one extreme to the other between 14 and 15. It's pretty loving funny

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Looks like they're doing totw based on international matches this year

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

DangerZoneDelux posted:

We went from one extreme to the other between 14 and 15. It's pretty loving funny

Yep, they fixed the poo poo dribbling and passing, but left the defense the same which equals defenders who can't tackle or mark. Great stuff.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Yep, they fixed the poo poo dribbling and passing, but left the defense the same which equals defenders who can't tackle or mark. Great stuff.

They didn't leave the defence the same, they made it much harder to pull back/slow players down without conceding a foul or penalty

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

They didn't leave the defence the same, they made it much harder to pull back/slow players down without conceding a foul or penalty

Oh yeah, even harder then, my bad.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

It's pretty lovely of me but I will just dribble in the box until I get a penalty a lot of the times. I dread when someone does the same to me because if you fart at the player they are going down and you are getting carded

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

DangerZoneDelux posted:

It's pretty lovely of me but I will just dribble in the box until I get a penalty a lot of the times. I dread when someone does the same to me because if you fart at the player they are going down and you are getting carded

One of the guys I play pro clubs with has basically constantly lectured everyone to do this all of the time now and I say no no I will pass to get the goal.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

That reminds me my Pro's face when he scores is straight scary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAz5dfSeHJE My 6 foot 5 beast LB dude is pretty awful but he can score headers and least stop a defender one on one

Face scan in EA is awesome since I have used Mario Lopez for a few years now

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sudo rm -rf posted:

Looks like they're doing totw based on international matches this year

Someone buy me 11 IF Gylfis tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just played my first FUT match. It plays so much better, players seem to respond better, make more runs etc. I just threw together some scrubs I got from free packs, see here: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=g82TUplNnLt7k:ps3

It's like a totally different game from online seasons :confused:

• Locked thread