Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH WILL BE THE MAIN EVENT OF HELL IN A CELL
This poll is closed.
John Cena vs. Randy Orton 71 36.98%
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose 121 63.02%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Turn Randy Orton face please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NienNunb posted:

So he can mope around wanting to be a heel again? Nah.

Dude's just dull but with a great finish.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

NienNunb posted:

Turn Randy Orton loose against live crowds during his matches, please.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

They'll capitalize by doing a storyline where he wins as many titles as Cena and then they have a match to see who ties or beats Ric first. Cena of course goes over because he needs the push. The story really writes itself.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TheKingslayer posted:

They'll capitalize by doing a storyline where he wins as many titles as Cena and then they have a match to see who ties or beats Ric first. Cena of course goes over because he needs the push. The story really writes itself.

Brock breaks Ric Flair's streak by splintering the belt into 16 pieces, throwing them into the crowd, and furiously F5ing anybody who picks one up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Endorph posted:

20 RKOs a show.

If it ends up like Kanyon Cutters in WCW I am all for it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NowonSA posted:

That's entirely what a manager is about. The weird this is Miz keeps doing it as an active wrestler, and has a better track record than even Paul Heyman at making stars (How ya doin' Axel and Ryback?).

Rybaxel were never supposed to be stars they were always just the geeks standing between CM Punk and Paul Heyman. Name a single star The Miz has created or elevated.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The only ones you can even discuss as people getting the 'rub' from Miz are Riley and Sandow, and both are weak as gently caress examples.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just because I'm curious. Has anyone ever used their rematch clause against a Money in the Bank cash in? I can't really remember. Or is it just one of those WWE things that can happen or not?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, remember when Riley got psycho over for like a week after he finally snapped on Miz? That went away in a hurry.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

triplexpac posted:

If it ends up like Kanyon Cutters in WCW I am all for it.

"Positively" Kanyon was the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ru2e85psA

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.
It's from a few pages back but Hogan Talk:

He always does heel things because that is how he was trained in the 70s. He was initially a heel, and never learned how to work face as far as wrestling holds. I believe he has said this himself on a few of his DVDs.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Cardboard Box posted:

I think Kurt actually really wants to come back to WWE, its just that WWE doesn't really want him especially in a wrestling capacity which is what he would want to do

WWE would probably love to have Kurt back, even for wrestling. What they don't want is "Wrestler dies tragically in the ring/wrestler breaks brain, kills family" or other headlines associated with them again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

Rybaxel were never supposed to be stars they were always just the geeks standing between CM Punk and Paul Heyman. Name a single star The Miz has created or elevated.

Daniel Bryan.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Comedy option:a returning Batista enters at 30 and eliminates Reigns to win the Royal Rumble.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

with guardians getting two sequels and the movie roles he's getting offered now, i'd be very surprised if batista came back anytime soon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teaming with Kane and feuding with the Big Show while being a world class dickhead to AJ had WAY more to do with Bryan being/becoming a star. Miz's best match is probably the match where he drops the US strap to Bryan though.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

TheKingslayer posted:

Just because I'm curious. Has anyone ever used their rematch clause against a Money in the Bank cash in? I can't really remember. Or is it just one of those WWE things that can happen or not?

It happens all the time. Bryan got lots of rematches against Orton after Summerslam. If you mean someone getting their rematch immediately after the cash-in, on the same PPV or T.V. show, no that hasn't happened.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shima Honnou posted:

WWE would probably love to have Kurt back, even for wrestling. What they don't want is "Wrestler dies tragically in the ring/wrestler breaks brain, kills family" or other headlines associated with them again.
Then why would they would want him on a full time schedule if they could just have him on a part time deal? Then again the source for this is from NEWZ sites so maybe its the other way around.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Miz and Sandow should be Miz 1 and Miz 2 since he's not really THE Miz, he's A Miz.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Gonz posted:

And I don't see Vince allowing Hogan to wrestle one last match, either. Hogan and Angle's spines are currently held together with Elmer's glue and balsa wood.
I am not suggesting that either scenario is/was a good idea, but is Hogan in worse shape than Bret Hart was when he had a handful of smoke-and-mirror "matches" in 2010?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Then why would they would want him on a full time schedule if they could just have him on a part time deal? Then again the source for this is from NEWZ sites so maybe its the other way around.

They DON'T want him on a full time schedule. They probably don't even want him on a part time schedule if it involves him stepping into the ring, which he would not be cleared to do. Kurt, on the other hand, wants to wrestle all the time forever until he literally dies of it. This is where the problem lays.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Minidust posted:

I am not suggesting that either scenario is/was a good idea, but is Hogan in worse shape than Bret Hart was when he had a handful of smoke-and-mirror "matches" in 2010?

From a wrestling perspective, probably yeah. Hogan has trouble moving his legs and that's not great for a guy whose two big moves are a boot and a legdrop. Bret's had strokes and concussions and as we've learned from Chris Benoit, there's not much that can go wrong with doing matches when you have brain injuries.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Minidust posted:

He's not "one bump will paralyze me so I'm retiring now" bad like Edge or Bret Hart but he's had fifty million knee and back surgeries including a spinal fusion. There's no way he can drop the leg or elbow without exploding into a million pieces. Hogan said his great regret is not using the sleeper hold because his 24" pythons meant people would buy it without having to gently caress up his hips and back.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
True, I guess it helped that Bret's trademark move involves no impact on the guy performing it. Hogan, even in a heavily-gimmicked match, couldn't hit or even attempt the legdrop without considerable risk. Though I suppose he could get by in a tag team situation where he throws a few punches, hits a double noggin-knocker, tags out, and poses at the end.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 15, 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bring back the Ax Bomber.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even when he was called upon to do anything physical in TNA he'd go for the boot instead of the legdrop and it was still pathetic to watch.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oldpainless posted:

He really should've just used the lariat in the US as well, lariat finishers are almost universally cool.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

i think they feel that even wrestling one match for him is potentially a liability, but who knows what state he's in physically at this point. maybe he could pass a physical for a part-time schedule.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even when he was called upon to do anything physical in TNA he'd go for the boot instead of the legdrop and it was still pathetic to watch.

god hogan can't even lift his leg up all the way for the boot, it's so sad

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dexo posted:

So how hillarious will the WWE be in trying to capitalize on the RKO memes on RAW

Depends on how well Jerry Lawler explains it to us.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Teaming with Kane and feuding with the Big Show while being a world class dickhead to AJ had WAY more to do with Bryan being/becoming a star. Miz's best match is probably the match where he drops the US strap to Bryan though.

I would argue it (and the feud in general) certainly helped him out at the time, though. He came out of that with some real momentum and was the first time Bryan really seemed to get the crowd going - it wound up kind of wasted as they lost interest a month or two into his run (wwebooking.txt), and he jobbed out until winning Money in the Bank, sure. But it still helped.

The Miz as major starmaker is a bit much, but I think there's been some solid examples of working with The Miz character and coming out a bit elevated for doing so. I hope Sandow can get some of that same energy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

oldpainless posted:

Give his partner an Ax Bomber too. Get the WWE some sweet cross bomber action brother.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hulkamatt please change your avatar back. I was gonna get a Mets themed Kyogre for the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. We coulda been posting buddies

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Poppa posted:

He always does heel things because that is how he was trained in the 70s. He was initially a heel, and never learned how to work face as far as wrestling holds. I believe he has said this himself on a few of his DVDs.

This reminds me: I've always been curious why they decided to pull the trigger on Hogan as hard as they did. He was a middling heel under Blaisie until SUDDENLY FACE CHAMPION against Sheik. Obviously it was the right thing to do, but what made the light bulb go off?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

This reminds me: I've always been curious why they decided to pull the trigger on Hogan as hard as they did. He was a middling heel under Blaisie until SUDDENLY FACE CHAMPION against Sheik. Obviously it was the right thing to do, but what made the light bulb go off?

I imagine Rocky III helped.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

OctoberCountry posted:

I imagine Rocky III helped.

In which he was a heel.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chokes McGee posted:

He had big muscles brother.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

BlueArmyMan posted:

In which he was a heel.

That was just a movie though, not a shoot competition like wwe.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That scene was always confusing. Like, it was clear that Rocky really was getting the crap kicked out of him, except then he wasn't. Basically Rocky worked himself into working a work shoot work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

god hogan can't even lift his leg up all the way for the boot, it's so sad
Hornswoggle and El Torito gonna be doing a whole lotta jobbing soon.

• Locked thread