Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
fart on the hamburgers

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
im gay

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

what the gently caress is gamergate in 30 words or less

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Wezlar posted:

ants

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Wezlar posted:

female ants that can reproduce with male ants (but not their goony worker ant brothers) when the colony lacks a queen

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Gamer gate is a thing made up by kotaku/gawker for page hits

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

female ants that can reproduce with male ants (but not their goony worker ant brothers) when the colony lacks a queen

lesbian ants

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
CNN has a story on tjis on the front page and they listed Goons as "Verbal Terrorists"

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Wezlar posted:

rainbow haired pseudo-feminists use bunk threats by retards to fill their wallets with sympathy bucks while saying they're fighting for minorities

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

from what i know about gamer gate its smelly obese neckbeards fighting for their right to be misogynist online is that true?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What Is Gamergate, and Why? An Explainer for Non-Geeks

Gawker posted:

Volume One - A Reckoning
Chapter I: In The House Of My Parents
TODAY it seems to me providential that Fate should have chosen Braunau on the Inn as my
birthplace. For this little town lies on the boundary between two German states which we of the
younger generation at least have made it our life work to reunite by every means at our disposal.
German-Austria must return to the great German mother country, and not because of any
economic considerations. No, and again no: even if such a union were unimportant from an
economic point of view; yes, even if it were harmful, it must nevertheless take place. One blood
demands one Reich. Never will the German nation possess the moral right to engage in colonial
politics until, at least, it embraces its own sons within a single state. Only when the Reich
borders include the very last German, but can no longer guarantee his daily bread, will the moral
right to acquire foreign soil arise from the distress of our own people. Their sword will become
our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow. And so this
little city on the border seems to me the symbol of a great mission. And in another respect as
well, it looms as an admonition to the present day. More than a hundred years ago, this
insignificant place had the distinction of being immortalized in the annals at least of German
history, for it was the scene of a tragic catastrophe which gripped the entire German nation. At
the time of our fatherland's deepest humiliation, Johannes Palm of Nuremberg, burgher,
bookseller, uncompromising nationalist and French hater, died there for the Germany which he
loved so passionately even in her misfortune. He had stubbornly refused to denounce his
accomplices who were in fact his superiors. In thus he resembled Leo Schlageter. And like him,
he was denounced to the French by a representative of his government An Augsburg police
chief won this unenviable fame, thus furnishing an example for our modern German officials in
Herr Severing's Reich.
In this little town on the Inn, gilded by the rays of German martyrdom, Bavarian by blood,
technically Austrian, lived my parents in the late eighties of the past century; my father a dutiful
civil servants my mother giving all her being to the household, and devoted above all to us
children in eternal, loving care Little remains in my memory of this period, for after a few years my father had to leave the little border city he had learned to love, moving down the Inn to take
a new position in Passau, that is, in Germany proper.
In those days constant moving was the lot of an Austrian customs official. A short time later, my
father was sent to Linz, and there he was finally pensioned. Yet, indeed, this was not to mean
"res"' for the old gentleman. In his younger days, as the son of a poor cottager, he couldn't bear
to stay at home. Before he was even thirteen, the little boy laced his tiny knapsack and ran away
from his home in the Waldviertel. Despite the at tempts of 'experienced' villagers to dissuade
him, he made his way to Vienna, there to learn a trade. This was in the fifties of the past century.
A desperate decision, to take to the road with only three gulden for travel money, and plunge
into the unknown. By the time the thirteen-year-old grew to be seventeen, he had passed his
apprentice's examination, but he was not yet content. On the contrary. The long period of
hardship, endless misery, and suffering he had gone through strengthened his determination to
give up his trade and become ' something better. Formerly the poor boy had regarded the priest
as the embodiment of all humanly attainable heights; now in the big city, which had so greatly
widened his perspective, it was the rank of civil servant. With all the tenacity of a young man
whom suffering and care had made 'old' while still half a child, the seventeen-year-old clung to
his new decision-he did enter the civil service. And after nearly twenty-three years, I believe, he
reached his goal. Thus he seemed to have fulfilled a vow which he had made as a poor boy: that
he would not return to his beloved native village until he had made something of himself.
His goal was achieved; but no one in the village could remember the little boy of former days,
and to him the village had grown strange.
When finally, at the age of fifty-six, he went into retirement, he could not bear to spend a single
day of his leisure in idleness. Near the Upper Austrian market village of Lambach he bought a
farm, which he worked himself, and thus, in the circuit of a long and industrious life, returned to
the origins of his forefathers.
It was at this time that the first ideals took shape in my breast.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

lovely Wizard posted:

rainbow haired pseudo-feminists use bunk threats by retards to fill their wallets with sympathy bucks while saying they're fighting for minorities

$3359.44 and counting. With any luck she'll be able to reach $4000.00 for Christmas!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
#GamerGate: Here's why everybody in the video game world is fighting

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
WHAT IS "#GAMER GATE"? IT'S MISOGYNY, UNDER THE BANNER OF "JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY"

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
GIRL PAPER SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What Is GamerGate And How Did It Blow Up Into Such A Giant Conspiracy?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What Is The GamerGate Scandal? Female Game Developer Flees Home Amid Online Threats

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What is #GamerGate and why did it make some men so angry?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

What is gamergate:

You're all loving stupid!

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 685 days!)

DuuRrr Hurr yeea GamerGater.. Twitter, f*cking epic lmao.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
#stopgamergate2014

What's the 2014 there for? To block out the patriarchy's time police. Time law states you can't intervene in a clearly defined time period.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games?

To think that some poor undergraduate bastards will have to grind out a 3000 word essay on this topic

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Let us stop gamergate by talking about gamergate some moer

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
gently caress off with this poo poo

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I legit didn't know that when the queen died the drones could take over, no wonder it's so loving hard to kill ant colonies

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Bholder posted:

Let us stop gamergate by talking about gamergate some moer

I cut off the last hour since for some reason the lovely site puts statistics for the middle of an hour realtime.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
ant you glad this thread was made

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
latest news, AVGN doxxed

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Not A Bear posted:

To think that some poor undergraduate bastards will have to grind out a 3000 word essay on this topic

undergraduate?

3000 words?

http://www.firstpersonscholar.com/we-will-force-gaming-to-be-free/

that entire website seems to be all phd rainbow hair genderblobs writing 10k word articles about queer issues in video yadda yadda and reading any of it will raise a militant stemlord boner in your pants

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
So, Gamergate - not the ant one - is what cranky blueball virgins do in their spare time.

Wish I never knew.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
this was in the nyt so it's now ~real news~

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/t...side-nyt-region

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope #Gamergate is featured in the new Sim Ant.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I don't know this thread just isn't the same.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Junkfist posted:

Well now d0s and neuroliminal and the rest don't get to feel good about several thousand shitposts.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Junkfist posted:

Yeah, I'm learning interesting and relevant stuff here, thanks for the bad thread OP.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
neuroliminal is loving this. his gamergate post count is back down to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
i wish i still played video games

• Locked thread