Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I hate the idiot who is just so trendy and wears thick glasses and it's like, he just doesn't care if he sells you the thing or not, you know? I'm just pointing at it and I know it's a deal and people spent thousands of dollars and time to bring you this ad, but it's like, take it or leave it, I'm just gonna do a face here, I'm so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
not all geckos are british

hell, most probably arent

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
i like the product lusting sociopath who will gently caress over everybody to get it

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

fun loving black guy smiling while eating a bite of mcdonalds then not chewing

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

cigarette people in a jeep having fun but not smoking.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
"Incompetent dad here to mess things up so my wife can roll here eyes and show me how it's really done with the desired product".

- every cleaning ad ever made in the last 20 years

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

happy mom putting a fluffy pillow into a freshly laundered pillow-case. disgusting

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
the cheerful, smiling, hispanic mcdonalds worker

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i don't hate it, but literally every black woman in a commercial has the exact same haircut

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
all our products are white and enjoyed by attractive young couples, also gentle yet comfortable indie music

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Geico's advertising has gotten really lazy lately. Like, it's some guy saying some monkey cheese bullshit in this really smug, bored voice, and you're supposed to think it's hilarious and buy some lovely car insurance.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

something about glockenspiels and ukuleles really put me into a receptive state of mind

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blistex posted:

"Incompetent dad here to mess things up so my wife can roll here eyes and show me how it's really done with the desired product".

- every cleaning ad ever made in the last 20 years

These ads are so sexist omg.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Applewhite posted:

These ads are so sexist omg.

yeah, doesn't stupid dad know that women are natural born cleaners, house maintainers and grocery shoppers

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LifeSizePotato posted:

yeah, doesn't stupid dad know that women are natural born cleaners, house maintainers and grocery shoppers

Also they know best what types of SUV to buy for their two kids.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
movie trailers or any other kind of ad that starts with "in a world where ______"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This isn't an ad, it's a short film with artistic credibility and a meaningful message about how you should buy/use our product.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
"Old people in a coffee shop who need life insurance, but have done zero research into getting any".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

proof of concept posted:

movie trailers or any other kind of ad that starts with "in a world where ______"

I'd describe that as more a cliche than a stereotype.

BrownJenkin
Aug 27, 2009
Women who, instead of using the handle on the cup, wrap both hands all the way around it while keeping their forearms parallel and elbows close together. They tilt the cup back with their wrists. Does anyone actually drink this way?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

any college ad that has a long series of students completing each other's sentences

usually concluding with "i am (i am) (i am)"

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
black and white footage of morons trying to perform some easy task and royally loving it up. oh let me try to open this jar of pickles OH GOD A PICKLE IS IN MY B-HOLE NOW

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

BrownJenkin posted:

Women who, instead of using the handle on the cup, wrap both hands all the way around it while keeping their forearms parallel and elbows close together. They tilt the cup back with their wrists. Does anyone actually drink this way?

No, but it is a good way in insinuate that the contents are warm, smell good, and the drinker has formed a connection to the beverage. Pretty much every ad where someone has to either eat or drink a product, they will do things that people normally never do when eating or drinking.

"We're eating pizza! Lets reach over each other's shoulders and lift the pizza slices 2-3 feet in the air to show how stringy the cheese is and how eager we are to eat it."

"I'm drinking a cola from a glass bottle with only makes up 0.1% of sales (compared to cans or plastic), and the amount of condensation on the bottle and head tilt to drink it is absurd."

"Eating a burger? Elbows should be extended out as far as possible to make it look like effort is required to eat the burger, subconsciously telling the viewer this is a big burger".

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
commercials where everyone is doing/wearing the exact same thing until a bottle of Dr. Pepper or an ad for a lovely university pops up then a few people start wearing different clothes/doing fun stuff until everyone is doing the exact same thing again an the cycle begins anew

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

People who call their siblings "bro" or "sis" instead of by their actual names always stands out to me.

but then that way you know they're not a gay couple.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Any advert using a cat.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I'd describe that as more a cliche than a stereotype.

yeah well I hate it

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im a professional football player. my mom cooks me canned soup before games

good ole mom, haha, just like old times when i played pop warner

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Guancho posted:

black and white footage of morons trying to perform some easy task and royally loving it up. oh let me try to open this jar of pickles OH GOD A PICKLE IS IN MY B-HOLE NOW

not if it's narrated by gilbert gottfried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZHVokj1lI

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I'm upset that the pokemon series is marketed exclusively to children when in reality, the show is extremely deep and meaningful, and includes many social interaction lifehacks as well as some exhilarating fight sequences.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
commercials with indie music and overly sappy commercials

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Young woman sounding sleepy from just waking up: "living well so you can, well, live well" :3:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

CharlestonJew posted:

commercials where everyone is doing/wearing the exact same thing until a bottle of Dr. Pepper or an ad for a lovely university pops up then a few people start wearing different clothes/doing fun stuff until everyone is doing the exact same thing again an the cycle begins anew

Showing a potential consumer that they will be "comfortably different" or "safely original". Last thing you want to do is make people think that they are going to get something and end up being visibly different or alone. Even if your intended audience are the most counter-culture hipsters, you still want to make sure they know (subconsciously that they will not be alone).

Pretty much every ad where they propose you do something "drastically different" has a scene at the end where everyone who "forged their own path" ends up together and patting each other on the back all smiles.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
[inspirational music]This promotion to save $2 when buying our thing will literally CHANGE YOUR LIFE[/inspirational music]

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i think from here on i'm just going to pretend that any time I hear bro or sis in an ad I'm just going to assume they're a same sex couple into incest RP.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
ba da bap bap baaaa i love mcdonalds because im a non-white resident of the united states

i also love gathering around 4 of my best friends on a city street corner, every one a different race from the last (still all non-white), and eating mcdonalds in a circle while listening to hip hop. one or more of us will be dancing.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 16, 2014

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lol hey check out this talking baby you should buy insurance from it

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

lol hey check out this talking baby you should buy insurance from it

those are the worst because the writing for them isn't even funny. it tries so hard to be relaxed but with a comfortable edge but they're always terrible.

BrownJenkin
Aug 27, 2009
Slow motion shots of ladies in white bouncing on a trampoline or some similar activity. Nope, no period blood on those capris! This tampon must be very effective!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
rapist

• Locked thread