Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

MCC has gone gold!!!!!

...and yet it will require a 20 gig patch at launch. This is apparently what "gone Gold" means now. You may want to consider a digital pre-load if playing at midnight is really important to you (assuming the patch will be either downloadable before that or incorporated into the pre-load somehow).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MCC has gone gold!!!!!

According to Halo Waypoint there's a 20 GB update once the game is installed. The game is now available for digital pre-order and preloading.

You can pre download the 20 GB update as well. So you can do everything as soon as it's released. Spartan Ops will not be available until December which is great for all those people who couldn't care less about that lovely game type.

I wish firefight was somehow a part of this collection.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I preordered a physical copy at my local Microsoft Store. I suppose I can take a nap while the game installs and updates, but drat those servers are going to be slammed. I was wanting to pull an all-nighter.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The release is as incomplete as the collection + fun.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
^^how is the collection incomplete? It's the master chief collection and it contains every master chief video game plus all of the associate pvp. By definition, it is a 100% complete collection.

Yeah this suck for people buying the disc, which will probably be the majority of the population. Servers are no doubt going to crash.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The fact it doesn't include every halo game is ridiculous.

The fact it requires a 20 gig patch on day one is shameful.

The idea that someone would find this series as anything other than mediocre at best is hilarious.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The idea that someone would find this series as anything other than mediocre at best is hilarious.

oh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

MCC has gone gold!!!!!

According to Halo Waypoint there's a 20 GB update once the game is installed. The game is now available for digital pre-order and preloading.

Good grief, what's in the update? Half the game?

Are there any good preorder bonuses that anyone knows of at a brick and mortar? Otherwise I'll just wait til release day.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
pre-release download is now live.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Soul Glo posted:

Good grief, what's in the update? Half the game?

Are there any good preorder bonuses that anyone knows of at a brick and mortar? Otherwise I'll just wait til release day.

Apparently they couldn't fit all the multiplayer and campaigns on a Blu-Ray so the 20GB is basically the multiplayer portion.

They say all campaigns playable/complete on disc and can be played while downloading the 20GB patch if you don't pre-load.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

empathe posted:

Apparently they couldn't fit all the multiplayer and campaigns on a Blu-Ray so the 20GB is basically the multiplayer portion.

They say all campaigns playable/complete on disc and can be played while downloading the 20GB patch if you don't pre-load.

That sucks and definitely nullifies the effort they made to release the game on one disc. They still get to save on production costs, but them talking about "Yeah, man, all this on one disc" seems dumb now.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Blood Gulch video is up, how do you get the direct link for that stuff? I tried pulling it out before and came up with squat.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Bloodline walkthrough and gameplay

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/10/17/halo-the-master-chief-collections-blood-gulch-remake-is-awesome-ign-first

Texibus posted:

Blood Gulch video is up, how do you get the direct link for that stuff? I tried pulling it out before and came up with squat.

Try these

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/960/ec8a8d7cd81d6ae5cf84339f82fa67b8-3000000-1413511235-w.mp4

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/960/8b8ad543aaa3f67780ff9c9a1ea80ff5-3000000-1413511483-w.mp4

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I saw those in the code lines and then it came up blank.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So why are you posting in the Halo/MCC thread if you are so down on the series? And the Master Chief Collection contains every Master Chief game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

jivjov posted:

And the Master Chief Collection contains every Master Chief game.

:colbert:

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Here's the 1080p/60 download for today's Bloodline walkthrough.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

jivjov posted:

So why are you posting in the Halo/MCC thread if you are so down on the series? And the Master Chief Collection contains every Master Chief game.

To get you to post like that.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The reason there's a 20GB patch is because the disc is filled up to maximum capacity with the single player Halo games. The campaign modes from 1-2-3-4 has taken up all 50GB of the disc. The 20GB is the actual multiplayer itself. There's no room for both basically. I don't know why they didn't just ship on 2 discs but there you go. It's not like it's some rushed unfinished job that they've had to patch in at the last minute.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Not to mention, spartan ops and the halo 5 beta are still left to be downloaded. This is a nutty amount of content.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The reason there's a 20GB patch is because the disc is filled up to maximum capacity with the single player Halo games. The campaign modes from 1-2-3-4 has taken up all 50GB of the disc. The 20GB is the actual multiplayer itself. There's no room for both basically. I don't know why they didn't just ship on 2 discs but there you go. It's not like it's some rushed unfinished job that they've had to patch in at the last minute.

Probably because it cost money to package a second disc and it cost them nothing to distribute it digitally. Would have been nice to know about this before they let pre-orders go out saying this was all going to be one disc or at the very least heavily implying it. It doesn't bother me much but I can see how this would peeve some people off, but does make getting the game digitally a little more attractive.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It just doesn't make much sense when the four games which take up, what, a doubled sided dvd each + 1 extra for halo 4, come to like 42.5gb. why is the multiplayer 20gb anyway.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

A vain attempt to try and recapture our glory days of playing games in high school with our friends.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

A vain attempt to try and recapture our glory days of playing games in high school with our friends.

"That's what I love about about Xbox Live players. I get older, they stay the same age, heh heh, yes they do, yes they do..."

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Stux posted:

It just doesn't make much sense when the four games which take up, what, a doubled sided dvd each + 1 extra for halo 4, come to like 42.5gb. why is the multiplayer 20gb anyway.

Uncompressed audio and repeated assets

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Stux posted:

Well there is the whole H:CEA, H2A, 1080p/60fps deal too. Then there are upgraded cutscenes which are quite large. Updated music, new UI, etc.

I think Nightfall is also a part of the disc as well.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
You can preload the patch.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

-A n i m 8- posted:

Only if you're buying it digitally, though, correct?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

-A n i m 8- posted:

How many sets of blue tits does it contain?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

-A n i m 8- posted:

Can anyone verify this? I'm at work. Who purchased the digital version?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

-A n i m 8- posted:

LOL

Everyone hated the 1.5G WiiU patch so you guys made it 13x bigger.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

LOL

Everyone hated the 1.5G WiiU patch so you guys made it 13x bigger.

Give them a break, it's their first game collection.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Booties posted:

Well there is the whole H:CEA, H2A, 1080p/60fps deal too. Then there are upgraded cutscenes which are quite large. Updated music, new UI, etc.

I think Nightfall is also a part of the disc as well.

There are redone high resolutuon CGI for every single cutscene in Halo 2. All the old scenes that were done in-engine are now replaced with CGI. It takes up a huge amount of space.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There are redone high resolutuon CGI for every single cutscene in Halo 2. All the old scenes that were done in-engine are now replaced with CGI. It takes up a huge amount of space.

No? There's less than an hour of cutscenes and if properly compressed with modern codecs can fit in about 4 gigs or thereabouts, possibly even less depending on the composition of certain scenes.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Also, here's an actual multiplayer match on Bloodline in 1080p/60.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

univbee posted:

No? There's less than an hour of cutscenes and if properly compressed with modern codecs can fit in about 4 gigs or thereabouts, possibly even less depending on the composition of certain scenes.

4 gigs out of 50 is a huge amount

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

4 gigs out of 50 is a huge amount

4 gigs is on the high end, though, and I've seen stuff look great with half that data amount. It's also in the realm of tweakability to help make things fit.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

:laugh:

Think I'm going digital for this one, though that'll fill a lot of my HDD. How big the whole thing?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Can anyone verify this? I'm at work. Who purchased the digital version?

Dan Ayoub tweeted it earlier. Everyone can download the patch if they pre-ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

:laugh:

Think I'm going digital for this one, though that'll fill a lot of my HDD. How big the whole thing?

If what they say about the 20 gigs being extra data not present on the disc is true, probably 65 gigs. Might be worth asking someone who pre-loaded what theirs says (and if they have a way of telling if they got the 20 gig patch or not).

• Locked thread