Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

You know I'm down, but I need to settle on who I am going to bring so I can shift around a couple pieces of gear/maybe blessings. Do you have any sense of the sort of melee/ranged ratio you want to try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

I support this bastardized image.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So whats the go to goat rider build now experts?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I think my favourite change in this patch might actually be that enemies can now be damaged as soon as their spawn animation begins. :swoon:

This also makes fighting Hydra spawns in MM or Fjords of Norway hilarious because it just ends up raining men.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Irony.or.Death posted:

You know I'm down, but I need to settle on who I am going to bring so I can shift around a couple pieces of gear/maybe blessings. Do you have any sense of the sort of melee/ranged ratio you want to try?

2 melee/ 8 ranged or 4/6. 4/6 is ideal. I would suggest anybody who is serious on these raids needs a ranged raid ready and a melee red ready.

I'll do Waifu/Wolferine for melee, Strange/Surfer for ranged. I have to put more into Strange but I know I got Wolferine and Surfer ready.

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 19, 2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

I think my favourite change in this patch might actually be that enemies can now be damaged as soon as their spawn animation begins. :swoon:

This also makes fighting Hydra spawns in MM or Fjords of Norway hilarious because it just ends up raining men.
This also makes the occasional Sentinel mass-spawning in Midtown amazing because it just showers the street in purple body parts for a few minutes like you're living out Jessica Jones's favorite revenge fantasy.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I'm going with Surfer (melee, but moving around a lot) so save a spot for me.

edit: I don't think it's as big a deal as you think it is with melee.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 19, 2014

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

BP and cable reporting for dookie

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Server coming down in 10 mins.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Please change topic icon back to sperglords especially in lieu of all these yeller 60s please mr gaz make the change this is really triggering me

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Advance patchnotes:

Psylocke tuned back to a more appropriate level to be on par with Invisible Woman

Chat vaporizer now available! Now you can filter chat by prestige color!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

PATCH OVERVIEW
Today's patch is an "emergency" patch in order to address our client crash issue in addition to other issues discovered once the patch went live.

CHANGES
Fixed the crash issue.

Psylocke will no longer be targeted by enemies after being stealthed by Psionic Projection.

Psylocke will no longer deal two packets of damage with each hit via the Deadly Assassin toggle.

Psylocke token is now back on the Eternity Splinter Vendor

Psylocke's Shadow Dash internal cooldown reduced to a quarter of a second (down from half a second) to controls feel crisper.

Ghost Rider's Ultimate, Hell on Wheels, will now correctly apply stacks of Hellfire to enemies

Cooldown on Worldstone Cache reduced to .5 seconds.

Odin’s Bounty Boost and Eternity Splinter Boost potions fixed to now work correctly (we’ll work with CS on Monday to pull data from people who used these during the period of time they didn’t work, no need to do anything)

Cyclops Strike Team - Angel power damage fixed to represent 4 hits.

Day 99 item will now roll at high level (Item Grade 63).

Nova will no longer roll Physical damage on some of his items.

Nova's Nova Shield now resets to full when Nova enters a new region.

Doop Overlord's health has been increased. It was previously much lower than his Generals!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I finally joined the 400%+ club.

All I have left to do is get a few more Omegas and roll a +INT pet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

Psylocke will no longer deal two packets of damage with each hit via the Deadly Assassin toggle.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I popped the ES potion before I knew it was bugged. What are the odds Mr. Gaz will give me a new one?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If I'm reading that right, the double damage thing only applied if you had the toggle on, so the damage I've been experiencing for Waifu all weekend is for real. Praise the Sun.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
A question for our resident waifu obsession master: How do you keep Projections up? I expected to be able to hammer on the button and you kinda just... can't. Do you use Shadow Dash to generate them? Seems like the way to go once the cooldown gets buffed.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Patchnotes:
- Timed drop mechanism added to worldstone caches
- Power Cosmic price increased to 1500 stones
- Power Cosmic legendary rank 5 now capped at +1 to attributes
- Ghost Rider skills rolled back to previous patch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

Advance patchnotes:

Psylocke tuned back to a more appropriate level to be on par with Invisible Woman

Rude

Blockhouse posted:

I popped the ES potion before I knew it was bugged. What are the odds Mr. Gaz will give me a new one?

110%, they have been really dynamite about reimbursements in the past

I thought about popping all of my boosts and hoping they;d reimburse them all but that seemed shady even for me

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I'm up for reds but I work third shift and sleep evenings during the week. Weekends I'm always available. Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and Thing are all ready.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Psylocke seems okay, but it's a pretty complicated series of buttons to have to go through on each enemy. I'm sure she does good damage, I just can't seem to get the hang of the skill order.

edit: also her constantly changing accent is distracting.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Seven Deadly Sins posted:

A question for our resident waifu obsession master: How do you keep Projections up? I expected to be able to hammer on the button and you kinda just... can't. Do you use Shadow Dash to generate them? Seems like the way to go once the cooldown gets buffed.

Projection before every Assassinate, boom, you're a clone god

HogX posted:

edit: also her constantly changing accent is distracting.

Her VA is terrible. Storm level complete failure to nail an accent.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So if i didn't use the toggle then there is no nerf?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Soothing Vapors posted:

If I'm reading that right, the double damage thing only applied if you had the toggle on, so the damage I've been experiencing for Waifu all weekend is for real. Praise the Sun.

Same, and holy poo poo because Assassinate is absolutely ridiculous. There is this perception that Moon Knight does absurd damage but she can use Assassinate ten times for every Gruesome Frenzy :stare:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My Torch, Spidey, and Thing are all red-ready by this generous set of standards.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
If I want to build my Rogue for +credit find rather than raids, how should I go about it?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat Gaz how am I gonna level when you take the servers down like that. I was a LQ away from 43, just needed to find that a few demons.

Ephemeron posted:

If I want to build my Rogue for +credit find rather than raids, how should I go about it?

You just take the Kingpin's passive and max it? Then do whatever else you want. I'd take Doop and max that as well.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I hope they also fixed that her toggle was giving the physical dmg bonus while turned on rather than off, so it will actually be a massive buff.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Ephemeron posted:

Doop and Kingpin passives, Breviks if you want but it's a timed buff. Then cosmic gear with credit find on it. Kingpin medallion, vice runeword, wealth enchants. Probably something else I'm forgetting.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Do you use Shadow Dash to generate them? Seems like the way to go once the cooldown gets buffed.
Also if I'm taking damage, I Shadow Dash out of danger, which procs my 1200 DR from Midtown Signet, then Assassinate back in. It might a DPS loss to do that as a matter of course but when I need to bail it's an excellent combo

e: Well, that wasn't edit at all

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

malhavok posted:

So if i didn't use the toggle then there is no nerf?

This is correct.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also if I'm taking damage, I Shadow Dash out of danger, which procs my 1200 DR from Midtown Signet, then Assassinate back in. It might a DPS loss to do that as a matter of course but when I need to bail it's an excellent combo

e: Well, that wasn't edit at all

Isn't Assassinate tagged as Movement?

p.s.: 28% signet rules

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
You have my sub 1:40 ttk Thing and Squirrel Girl for reds!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yes it is. I create Projections by Shadow Dashing into battle as well and usually always have 3 up by the time I get to the boss. Assassinate twice, pop a Projection up every time the cooldown ends (it's internal) and bring the pain. Still a beast on TC, so I'm guessing this damage is here to stay. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

malhavok posted:

So whats the go to goat rider build now experts?

I've been using a basically all mental skull-flinging build. Pretty much just an end-game build but probably would be decent for leveling with just enough aoe.

Max:
Infernal Skull
Burn The Treads
Infernal Contract
Spirit of Vengeance
Inferno
Hell From Above (not liking it, swapping to Protect the Innocent for red raids)
Chains Ablaze
Penance Stare

One Point:
Chain Snare
Protect the Innocent
Damnation
Ride

Took it into a green raid and it was the most fun I've ever had raiding. Survivability was excellent, damage was top notch, and spirit was infinite. Toss Chain Snare to get the spirit from Chains Ablaze and never run out. Also lets you use hybrid items like Power Cosmic and the Power Doop runeword. Otherwise stack all mental damage gear and omegas. Use a Soulsword or Darkhold in your slot 1 and GR's uniques in the rest. Keep your DoTs up (I like to max charge BtT but it's not really necessary), spam skulls between, and hit that HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT'S SO GOOD Penance Stare as soon as its cooldown is up. I'm not quite sure yet if I'm keeping up max stacks of hellfire or not. Someone remind me to check that somehow. Maybe I'll start always using HFA each time its cd is up.

EDIT: And, duh, pop infernal contract whenever you feel safe (it's almost always safe, especially right before P-P-P-PENANCE STARE).

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 19, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Loza I just want to say, what an amazing avatar. Just close the thread already, you're making GR seem too delicious.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Eiffel On You posted:

Yes it is. I create Projections by Shadow Dashing into battle as well and usually always have 3 up by the time I get to the boss. Assassinate twice, pop a Projection up every time the cooldown ends (it's internal) and bring the pain. Still a beast on TC, so I'm guessing this damage is here to stay. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I wish projection had a 2s cooldown on the active use ability to make it a tiny bit easier to manage. I'll probably make a thread about it because it seems like a pretty viable change.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Yes, but I don't think it procs until it hits so it won't buff itself. I might be wrong on that. I would love to be wrong on that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Phyresis posted:

I wish projection had a 2s cooldown on the active use ability to make it a tiny bit easier to manage. I'll probably make a thread about it because it seems like a pretty viable change.

Uh no on-demand CD-free stealth is great, it's not that hard to keep clones out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yes, but I don't think it procs until it hits so it won't buff itself. I might be wrong on that. I would love to be wrong on that.

Pretty sure it procs immediately on use, before you hit. Not that it matters because the duration of the buff is longer than Assassinate's cooldown.

• Locked thread