Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I think the good thing is that it kind of slows down the whole "HOYER IS OUR FRANCHISE GUY"-talk that people were having.

You cannot trade away Manziel at this point. That would be beyond idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TeeMerk posted:

Please stop this.

They are my current pick.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kawalimus posted:

They will win it.

The Cowboys will get to the Superbowl and suffer a defensive meltdown and lose 45-44 and everyone will blame it on Romo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despite having won the Superbowl twice I've never looked at the Ravens during the season and thought "this team will win the Superbowl". I'd like to feel that one of these days.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Cowboys would be a great team to see win it all if they weren't the loving Cowboys. Seriously, put that roster on like any of 28 other teams and everyone would love them.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If the Cowboys make the Super Bowl, it will be against the Colts, and the Cowboys will surely win should that happen.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

The Cowboys would be a great team to see win it all if they weren't the loving Cowboys. Seriously, put that roster on like any of 28 other teams and everyone would love them.

I'm conflicted cause I hate Jerry Jones but I really like Romo. And their doing well means the Redskins suffer. So that might tip it for me go Cowboys.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Fire Coughlin.

don't worry he'll have the team in a better direction next year

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kawalimus posted:

Despite having won the Superbowl twice I've never looked at the Ravens during the season and thought "this team will win the Superbowl". I'd like to feel that one of these days.

Man that must be hard.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Man that must be hard.

Nope!! But I'd still like it.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

commy gun posted:

don't worry he'll have the team in a better direction next year

bahahahahaha

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
AJ Green is telling teammates he's gonna play next week.

Seeing him with an injury is so depressing, you can tell he's dying to get back out there. It's 2014 and we don't have biotic toes. Get it together, scientists.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cincinnati is probably going to win if he comes back.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Lt. Chips posted:

This Bears team is so drat perplexing. They are probably go do something stupid and weird and win in Foxboro next week. Then I'll sit there on my couch, scratch my head, and still have not loving clue what is going on with this team.

They are poorly coached. That is main thing I have gotten out of this season. Trestman was supposed to the be the offensive Lovie Smith. The defense may suck, but drat it, we could count the offense to keep the team in the game. Yet somehow, even with the starting roster identical, the offense has regressed since last season. The play calling is inconsistent and often times straight up stupid. I don't think I need to point out at this point how lovely the defense and special teams coaches are. That is a given.

In any case, for a coach that hangs his hat on offense, Trestman is not delivering. For a unit with lots of talent, this offense is not delivering. This team is destined for 7-9 or 8-8.

Yeah. I think coaching is clearly the biggest problem with the Bears right now. Everybody and their mother knew that keeping Mel Tucker around was an awful idea. I seriously don't understand how he still has a job with this team. I was willing to cut Joe DeCamillis a little bit more slack in the offseason, but the Bears special teams have somehow been even worse than the Bears defense. I think both units have a decent amount of talent. Not elite talent, but enough that they should be performing better than they are.

I'm not ready to cut bait on Trestman, but the offense has clearly regressed from last year. I think a lot of that comes down to poor play calling. I really don't understand half of the calls they make. It feels a bit like Mike Martz, without so much batshit insanity. Every game there will be a handful of plays where I'm like "wow, that was really smart and interesting" and then they'll call the dumbest poo poo in situations where it should be a no-brainer. Like, how were they not running the ball with Forte more in the first half? This is like the first rule of offensive football and the guys who are hailed as offensive gurus always seem to think they're smarter than this rule. You don't need to chuck it down the field into double coverage just because you have a bunch of tall, strong, receivers. Take the midrange play that the holes in the defense present to you.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I need to check how many close games McCoy has lost because he played to tie instead of win.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pron on VHS posted:

Andy Reid is a really good coach when it comes to calling plays and putting together a general offensive gameplan. We are lucky that we have him and hope he is our coach for a decade and more.
If Andy Reid had an assistant coach that only handled clock management and time outs he'd have a few rings by now. It's weird to have a coach be so good at most of the game and glaringly awful at one part and he's never getting better at it.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think the good thing is that it kind of slows down the whole "HOYER IS OUR FRANCHISE GUY"-talk that people were having.

You cannot trade away Manziel at this point. That would be beyond idiotic.

You know how this will play out.

Hoyer will be let go to start/sign elsewhere.

Browns have 2 firsts in the 2015 draft but despite having FIRST OR SECOND BEST QB available to them at one of those picks or via trade due to the highest overall picks not needing a QB (yet) and don't take a QB.

Manziel starts in 2015, plays like poo poo. Just like prior QBs taken at the exact same draft slot named Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

The beautiful cycle continues anew.

:unsmigghh:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Green Bay has scored 145 points over the last four games. 16 teams in the league (pending SF-DEN and PIT-HOU) have scored fewer points than that throughout the entire season. Even if SF/PIT/HOU score enough to overcome 145 points GB will still have outscored 13 teams.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

say no to bats posted:

You know how this will play out.

Hoyer will be let go to start/sign elsewhere.

Browns have 2 firsts in the 2015 draft but despite having FIRST OR SECOND BEST QB available to them at one of those picks or via trade due to the highest overall picks not needing a QB (yet) and don't take a QB.

Manziel starts in 2015, plays like poo poo. Just like prior QBs taken at the exact same draft slot named Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

The beautiful cycle continues anew.

:unsmigghh:

Maybe you're right, but it kinda sounds like you're saying they should take a QB in 2015 if Hoyer leaves as a free agent

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Volkerball posted:

I bet that was a hell of a lot more innocent than however ESPN is portraying it.

Damnit Jay, you ate my Junior Mints! I was saving those for after the game!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

football fuckerman posted:

Maybe you're right, but it kinda sounds like you're saying they should take a QB in 2015 if Hoyer leaves as a free agent

Why not take 2 in the first. Let's be unconventional.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Green Bay has scored 145 points over the last four games. 16 teams in the league (pending SF-DEN and PIT-HOU) have scored fewer points than that throughout the entire season. Even if SF/PIT/HOU score enough to overcome 145 points GB will still have outscored 13 teams.

Really puts all the :emo: posting about Aaron Rodgers during the first two weeks into perspective.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
NFC East having the top two teams is gonna own.

Enjoy your quality Primetime Games.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DangerKat posted:

Really puts all the :emo: posting about Aaron Rodgers during the first two weeks into perspective.

all that Rodgers posting was really dumb because Aaron Rodgers is Real Good and so is their receivers.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Reminder that the Lions lost to the Panthers.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DangerKat posted:

He genuinely looked off his game for the first three games, but now he looks better than ever. Players do change from week to week.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Gonz posted:

'Bout time the Jags started realizing the coolness of Denard. Dude is talented as all hell and he's just been languishing on the bench since being drafted.

They just had to suffer weeks of trying to make Toby Gerhart a #1 back.

kanoodle moodle
Sep 12, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Reminder that the Lions lost to the Panthers.

Reminder that the Steelers beat the Panthers by a similar score. And lost to the Bucs soon after.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eifert Posting posted:

AJ Green is telling teammates he's gonna play next week.

Seeing him with an injury is so depressing, you can tell he's dying to get back out there. It's 2014 and we don't have biotic toes. Get it together, scientists.

No, first we get flying cars with Mr. Fusion, then bionic toes.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Injuries are bad, but there is a certain justice in a dumbass like Vontaze Burfict continually hurting himself being dirty.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've pretty much lost faith completely in the offensive staff outside of Ricky P and if I was running the team his first assignment would be to cave Shula's head in with a house brick, his second would be to take over as offensive coordinator.

I don't blame Ron Rivera for the teams failure so much. He'll probably get sacked and it'll be understandable but I think people really overlook how hosed the team is because of Hurney still.

The top paid guys on the team are all with it. Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy, Olsen, Newton fill the top 5. They're the big contributors when they're not accused of bashing chicks anyway.

The next few guys though should show you where the issue lies DeAngelo Williams, Stewart, and Charles Godfrey.

Then there's the dead money fifteen million of which is tied up in Beason, Steve Smith and James Anderson.

The contracts given to running backs and linebackers was insane. The team has done well polishing turds the last few years but their luck has run out. The defensive backfield needs a draft pick and cash injection as does the offensive line.

I think Rivera could be the guy to lead the team deep into the playoffs but he, like Rex Ryan needs a better offensive assistant to make that happen.

It's frustrating too because the team could have hired Hue Jackson or rehired chud and didn't do either.

I just hope McDermott doesn't get fired because the defensive woes are in no way his fault.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I've pretty much lost faith completely in the offensive staff outside of Ricky P and if I was running the team his first assignment would be to cave Shula's head in with a house brick, his second would be to take over as offensive coordinator.

I don't blame Ron Rivera for the teams failure so much. He'll probably get sacked and it'll be understandable but I think people really overlook how hosed the team is because of Hurney still.

The top paid guys on the team are all with it. Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy, Olsen, Newton fill the top 5. They're the big contributors when they're not accused of bashing chicks anyway.

The next few guys though should show you where the issue lies DeAngelo Williams, Stewart, and Charles Godfrey.

Then there's the dead money fifteen million of which is tied up in Beason, Steve Smith and James Anderson.

The contracts given to running backs and linebackers was insane. The team has done well polishing turds the last few years but their luck has run out. The defensive backfield needs a draft pick and cash injection as does the offensive line.

I think Rivera could be the guy to lead the team deep into the playoffs but he, like Rex Ryan needs a better offensive assistant to make that happen.

It's frustrating too because the team could have hired Hue Jackson or rehired chud and didn't do either.

I just hope McDermott doesn't get fired because the defensive woes are in no way his fault.

I don't want to break all this down and I don't agree with all of it but holy hell Shula needs to be gone tomorrow.

It's just a joke.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

football fuckerman posted:

Not in the slightest.

Just that in hindsight if/when Manziel inevitably fails because the odds are against any first round QB, much less a high risk high reward guy like Manziel, people will look back at a 2015 draft where the Browns had 2 firsts as ammo and a lot of bad teams like the Jags and Raiders having just taken young promising QBs high and being willing to trade down and find yet another annoying "what if woulda coulda shoulda" that slowly creeps into sports media lore and gets brought up every April.

Cleveland media loves to bring up re-draft filler articles/discussions on radio and a lot of fans lament it constantly as well.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

He genuinely looked off his game for the first three games, but now he looks better than ever. Players do change from week to week.

I'm sure it was a very unusual feeling after nearly a quarter century of all-pro QB play.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
On the one hand, I'm getting some weird kind of vindication watching Bears fans turn on the left-field coaches and draft picks they've acquired over the last few years. On the other hand, I wish it was Chicago at 5-2 and Green Bay at 3-4 because ugh I don't want to spend the rest of my days watching Green Bay be at the top of this division 95% of the time.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kawalimus posted:

They will win it.

You also thought Washington would dominate the NFC East for the next decade

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Fire Roman's punk rear end. What a lovely performance by the team. Just mistakes after mistakes.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Oh my god that Cowboys game fuckin owned y'all. I guess I can't wear my Dez jersey to the stadium for the foreseeable future as it was obviously cursed.

So, there was only one noticable Giants fan sitting nearby. This guy was a loving caricature. Not only did he do these lame-rear end, awkward high fives with his wife when the Giants scored, he... just look at this guy:

- Spent more time looking at his phone than the game: check

- Straight up loving wine glass in the cupholder. Where did he even get a wine glass? If you actually want wine at a football game then fine, you can get it in a plastic cup. Mind loving blown.

- Bailed in the 4th long before the game was sealed up

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

They will win it.

Turing your back on the cards so soon? I guess we'll see in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

You also thought Washington would dominate the NFC East for the next decade

Thank you for the reminder that Kawalimus is a crazy person with crazy person opinions.

• Locked thread