Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

They had long enough to scratch a whole sentence into the side of the church with a knife and take some half-hearted stabs at the window frame, though. They had some nice handwriting, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They had long enough to scratch a whole sentence into the side of the church with a knife and take some half-hearted stabs at the window frame, though. They had some nice handwriting, too.

That might've been a survivor of the group who came back later.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

That might've been a survivor of the group who came back later.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it was. I'm just curious why they didn't just kick in the door or something. I mean if I knew a pacifist priest was holed up in the only safe place for miles and he threw me out, I'd probably just go kick the door in and tell him to deal with it instead of carving passive-aggressive threats into the wood he would never see since he doesn't go outside. Just thought it was kind of odd that someone tried to pry open the windows and just gave up. Like it's a slatboard church, not Fort Knox.

Not a big deal or anything, just one of those funny things.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Von_Doom posted:

You mean the "super cool seeming " biker guys who say "claimed" that Daryl hung around? Umm.... I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

oh right. Rick ate their face off now I remember

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Isn't it far more likely that Gabriel has something to do with the people who took Beth? Crosses and whatnot? I bet he was going out to finally join them or something.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jay-V posted:

Isn't it far more likely that Gabriel has something to do with the people who took Beth? Crosses and whatnot? I bet he was going out to finally join them or something.

It was a hearse, I think. So maybe an undertaker? I dunno, the cross on the window looked like it was upside down, so maybe they are pissed off former parishioners or something.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why did bob walk towards the bubbling water Like an idiot

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why did bob walk towards the bubbling water Like an idiot

And in that same vein why didn't they use pointy sticks or bayonets or something to kill all the zombies before going down into the poo water

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Because that would make a whole lot of sense and the plot needed Bob to get bit

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Oh poo poo, Gabrielle was in OZ! That's why he seemed so familiar.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Joey Gladstone posted:

I'm just kidding it was the car that stole Beth

The car that took Beth was a late-70s or early 80's Cadillac. The car last night was a fairly late model Chrysler 300.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah not the same car at all.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

I'm not good at church stuff but this seems like a nice easter egg

Romans posted:

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Ezekiel posted:

So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

Matthew posted:

and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Revelations posted:

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Luke posted:

And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 20, 2014

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Grin and Tonic posted:

Oh poo poo, Gabrielle was in OZ! That's why he seemed so familiar.
and The Wire. All 3 black guys in that episode were from The Wire actually...

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

They just need Mcnulty to show up as Negan now. (mild comics spoiler)

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I want Mcnulty to show up in everything ever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I'm thinking Darryl might have rabies.

Would explain that scene and him being out cat and moused by the hipster termite.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

MariusLecter posted:

I'm thinking Darryl might have rabies.

Would explain that scene and him being out cat and moused by the hipster termite.

My assumption was that the figure lurking out of view was Morgan, which could still be the case.

e: actually, forget the ambiguity. It's clearly Morgan.

JHomer722 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 21, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It being a member of Gareth's group makes way more sense, since we actually see later on that they are keeping an eye on the Rick's group.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Since when is common sense a useful tool for this show's plot progression?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's the guy that Rick ran off at the prison, he's just waiting for the perfect time to start ringing the church bells.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Iowa Snow King posted:

Because that would make a whole lot of sense and the plot needed Bob to get bit

They could have just had the obviously weakened and water damaged floor collapse under him to justify going down there instead of the Worlds Stupidest Plan.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Surlaw posted:

Bob is the new Herschel

Glad I wrote this back in March, thanks Walking Dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Great Beer posted:

They could have just had the obviously weakened and water damaged floor collapse under him to justify going down there instead of the Worlds Stupidest Plan.

It was a stupid plan, but there's no way that any scene will be able to take that title away from lowering Glen into the well.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm guessing everybody introduced themselves off screen. Abraham said they were friendly at first but then turned the guns on them when he started insisting they leave and get back on the road to DC.

Meaning they almost certainly all ate some Terminus steaks.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I saw a promo for the earlier seasons and good god in the 18 months since the apocalypse happened apparently every set of scissors has vanished. You'd think people would cut their hair so it doesn't get zombie grabbed (hello michonne)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

I saw a promo for the earlier seasons and good god in the 18 months since the apocalypse happened apparently every set of scissors has vanished. You'd think people would cut their hair so it doesn't get zombie grabbed (hello michonne)

Carol knows what's up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Duckula posted:

They just need Mcnulty to show up as Negan now. (mild comics spoiler)

I think we can pencil in Bunk somewhere. Maybe Stringer.

(Mouzone and Omar team up with Carol and Daryl :swoon:)

Also does anyone have a screenshot of the suppressors Glenn got out of the minifridge?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

You learned that lesson in the Walking Dead game, which helps make Clem the most competent person in the Walking Dead universe.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Capn Beeb posted:

I think we can pencil in Bunk somewhere. Maybe Stringer.

(Mouzone and Omar team up with Carol and Daryl :swoon:)

Also does anyone have a screenshot of the suppressors Glenn got out of the minifridge?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So the last half of last season, there was the ongoing theme of "Food". I imagine it's not some big revelation, but if they keep to a theme again I guess this one would be basically just what kind of people they are. Right now every nice/not outright "bad" thing they have done has come back to haunt them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spalec posted:

You learned that lesson in the Walking Dead game, which helps make Clem the most competent person in the Walking Dead universe.

I hope Clem shows up just to see what a bunch of idiots are around then goes off and continues to be the smartest person alive.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Neato, thanks :toot:

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

JossiRossi posted:

Right now every nice/not outright "bad" thing they have done has come back to haunt them.

How do you figure that? I mean, just about every "bad person/survivalist nut job" in the show has met a grim and grisly end. I mean, the rapist gang got beat down, Shane got killed TWICE, the Governor lost everything including his life, and even the Termites got their base blown up because of Carol (who, btw, is a person that Rick was nice enough to simply banish rather than kill or something). And then there's the prison gang in Season 3 who got their butts kicked by Rick's group...

Honestly, if anything, it seems like the show is saying that there IS strength in kindness and compassion, and that evil people aren't necessarily the strongest. I mean ok, Rick's group has seen it's share of deaths as well, but on the whole, they seem to be doing pretty well.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 21, 2014

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Still some stupid decisions going on, like actually jumping down into zombie lake. Even before they did it I thought: "Can zombies just lie underwater and bite passer-bys"? Turns out they can.

Anyway, show is getting better. I actually liked this episode. I still don't trust the show enough to have faith that it won't go into some stupid plot where Rick's team teams up with Gareth's though. Once I see Gareth actually dead, I might start respecting this show again.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

bobkatt013 posted:

It does sort of make sense with his character. He has always been squeamish about killing and he is trying to keep some "humanity" in the new world. He is soon going to find out that he can't, or he will be killed due to this.

It is loving stupid. Being squeamish is one thing, but now the audience has no reason to sympathize with the character. He won't kill a baby killing cannibal in the defense of the group and he's actively a danger to the people around him. He NEEDS to be killed now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I totally knew Tyrese didn't kill that guy but I was afraid to say anything since everyone who said it was getting bitched at.

Daryl being around when the cross-mobile passed by is some really high level bullshit coincidence, especially considering where they are, but whatever, Carol/Daryl revenge trip should be better than the awful Governor 2.0 that Gareth is apparently gonna be. poo poo he even looks like a younger version of the Governor. And the priest thing, just... I know I should know better from this show by now, but the way they milk so much cheap drama from "person A doesn't tell person B a thing" is getting old. Rick should have just pointed his gun at preacher's head and said "Tell us the bad poo poo you did right now, we don't have time for this".

The camera lingering on the tree marking when Bob got captured also seemed reasonably heavy foreshadowing that Preacher is involved with a larger group, whether it was Terminus or it ends up being the people who took Beth (who just conveniently use crosses as their symbol).

I guess the takeaway is: never underestimate how dumb this show is willing to get.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Human Crouton posted:

I still don't trust the show enough to have faith that it won't go into some stupid plot where Rick's team teams up with Gareth's though.
I'm now 90% sure that was trailer misdirection.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, as much as Rick's group has pressed home the "we can all go back" angle, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll let him live, let alone join them, specially with them having a Bob-beque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, as much as Rick's group has pressed home the "we can all go back" angle, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll let him live, let alone join them, specially with them having a Bob-beque

Besides, before even the Bobeque they said no and are into the whole butchers and cattle thing.

• Locked thread