Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

12 points is disappointing given the easy fixtures they've had over the first 8 weeks, I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
A fantastic match between middle of the table clubs Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion, maintaining their 3 point table difference in the continuous struggle of mediocrity.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

That doesnt change his point tbf

Better than playing a Jazzman who has lost his rhythm.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
seems a long time since we were actually pushing for a win right till the end, makes a change imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thirteenth Step posted:

Very happy with that. Man Utd's goals were good, ours were better imo.

Can't complain. I expected a complete savaging so I'll take a point.

Nice.

my exact feelings on the match

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

EC10 posted:

that was a tasty match. Berahino is the real deal, i'm very impressed by him

Can't wait till somebody buys him for a 8 figure sum and then our chairman adds it to his Scrooge McDuck style vault and goes for a swim.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shrapnig posted:

I've missed your musk Russ.

gf must be at her mums.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
business

as

usual

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

excuse me lady posted:

seems a long time since we were actually pushing for a win right till the end, makes a change imo

Would have been nicer if htey didnt take that break between the 60th and 90th minute though.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

excuse me lady posted:

remember when pushing for a win actually resulted in winning?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Would have been nicer if htey didnt take that break between the 60th and 90th minute though.

Blind's goal was the first United have scored after the 63rd minute this season.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

remember when pushing for a win actually resulted in winning?

remember when we broke the record for most minutes without conceding a goal?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Same old United living in the past

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

serious gaylord posted:

remember when we broke the record for most minutes without conceding a goal?

pretty sure United had a better defense in 2009

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Considering we were on for breaking a "never lost at the Hawthorns" record, we'd have probably lost that one under Moyes. Onwards and slowly upwards!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Bad team.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Can't see it getting much worse than this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mackintosh posted:

Can't see it getting much worse than this.

2013/14.jpg

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shrapnig posted:

2013/14.jpg

idk there were times in that first half when it was just like last year.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

idk there were times in that first half when it was just like last year.

Van Gaal is usually a slow starter. I think you guys will be annoyingly close to "business as usual" by the end of the season.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
United would be doing better if they spent their transfer budget on a better keeper

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Brony Car posted:

Van Gaal is usually a slow starter. I think you guys will be annoyingly close to "business as usual" by the end of the season.

theres slow starter and theres failing to make fundamental changes and give instruction on defending. You can't play a high line and not press at the front, its counter productive. Nor can you fail to stick your best defender on the sole striker and have the other center back as cover. Too often Rojo was left dealing with Berraino when it should have been Jones.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I'm not going to criticise van Gaal too much, obviously any manager would struggle to follow an act like Moyesy.

Also what's the deal with Adnan Januzaj, he seems to have no actual ability with the ball or pace and just walks up the touchline before passing sideways? I know you're meant to make out this somehow makes him analogous to Giggs or Ronaldo but one of these days he's actually going to have to have that elusive second good game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Psybro posted:

I'm not going to criticise van Gaal too much, obviously any manager would struggle to follow an act like Moyesy.

Also what's the deal with Adnan Januzaj, he seems to have no actual ability with the ball or pace and just walks up the touchline before passing sideways? I know you're meant to make out this somehow makes him analogous to Giggs or Ronaldo but one of these days he's actually going to have to have that elusive second good game.

Macheda mk. 2

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I thought Big Fell was bloody great and I still believe in him as the bizarre number 9/occasional centre mid hybrid. Rafael was quite good apart from the second goal being mostly his fault for dawdling around ten yards behind the offside trap

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Adnan was fairly disappointing, RVP was completely nonexistent. I can't imagine why Mata came out before him

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Which one?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Shrapnig posted:

Maybe you should make a thousand word effort post about it mate.
i hope he does it would be a considerable improvement over your contributions

#teamruss
gently caress u!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

8raz posted:

i hope he does it would be a considerable improvement over your contributions

#teamruss
gently caress u!!

Nice meltdown.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Shrapnig posted:

Nice meltdown.
classic memes

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
the feels of memes

Lol ushited

Lenin Riefenstahl fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 21, 2014

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
pooshited

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
once again, man who shited

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Psybro posted:

Roberto seemed to manage

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

ayb posted:

RVP was completely nonexistent.

He's been United's most disappointing player by a mile this season and is largely escaping criticism.

In the media I mean. United fans irl, forums and twitter etc are generally mad as heck about his lack of effort and Van Gaal's bias towards him.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
He won you a title, so pipe down

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

He won you a title, so pipe down

and hes still basically the same player

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Strawman posted:

and hes still basically the same player

that won the league two seasons ago?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

that won the league two seasons ago?

check out this joke getter don't touch him you might cut yourself!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Psybro posted:

Also what's the deal with Adnan Januzaj, he seems to have no actual ability with the ball or pace and just walks up the touchline before passing sideways?

He didn't have a great game but this is ridiculous. There was a few moments where he ghosted past a West Brom player or two before being fouled or running down a blind alley, saying he has zero ability is dumb

• Locked thread