Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

animatorZed posted:

Sorry, I just wanted to explain spikejumps in general for those maybe not familiar with the game. I didn't really connect with other dustforce players until long after spikejumps were a thing so i don't know when they were first discovered. As mentioned, it happens all the time accidentally on peta so I can totally see that being the origin, though.
Amusingly, the fact that I didn't seek out other players for such a long time also meant that I basically have my own set of terminology for various things which occasionally causes confusion when having discussions :)

Definitely excited to explore a new nexus. I really liked the fact that the original one was one connected world, although admittedly one that made the city / lab pretty hard to find for new players even though they have some easy levels in them.

Yeah, fair enough. The new Nexus is pretty easy to explore, though like I said, it can be weirdly difficult to reach some of the Gold doors.

You weren't kidding about that Clocktower bug, either. I just did a couple quick runs of it, and beat the level in three seconds. It's pretty broken. According to the Dustworth twitter, the fastest time is a couple frames shy of 1.8 seconds, it's loving nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Chicagothon is live!

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I wish the quality options would get enabled for this. I'm not sure why, but Klaige's stream always buffers like hell for me.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Vakal posted:

I wish the quality options would get enabled for this. I'm not sure why, but Klaige's stream always buffers like hell for me.

Same; other streams are going fine for me but I'm spending more time buffering than watching on that. Booo.

Stoked to see Bad Dudes and Alien Vs. Predator on the schedule though!

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Late last night witwix got a new PB for himself on Boshy with 33:25. Kale got the record back a while ago at 32:45. If world 10 and missingno had gone more smoothly, it would have probably been the run

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
According to the Twitch video player, Chicagothon is at about 2500 bitrate and godawful FPS (about 15) but that might be because my computer's getting taxed out from trying to run it. So he might have it at 2500 bitrate and 60 FPS.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

CVagts posted:

According to the Twitch video player, Chicagothon is at about 2500 bitrate and godawful FPS (about 15) but that might be because my computer's getting taxed out from trying to run it. So he might have it at 2500 bitrate and 60 FPS.

I think the problem is on Klaige's end, not ours. I've tried watching him run Bloodlines a few times the last couple of weeks and it's been terrible those times as well.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Vakal posted:

I think the problem is on Klaige's end, not ours. I've tried watching him run Bloodlines a few times the last couple of weeks and it's been terrible those times as well.

Almost certainly. It's either "he's streaming too high of quality for a lot of people to watch smoothly" or "he's streaming too high of quality for his computer/Internet to handle."

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I'm getting 3600 kbps and the fps is all over the place between 10 and 60. It's also maxing out an entire CPU core in addition to my GPU :aaaaa:

Dude needs to turn something down, I feel bad for anybody watching on a laptop.

edit: someone just said they're streaming 1080p, but I've never had anything play this badly

Swilo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 17, 2014

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

SotN frog strikes again.

http://www.twitch.tv/romscout/c/5326620

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I like how this gets posted and his PB in any% that night didn't

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Calebhart42 got a $1234 donation and then did this:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SeXReX posted:

I like how this gets posted and his PB in any% that night didn't

How is he still getting pbs in sotn? seriously.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

argondamn posted:

How is he still getting pbs in sotn? seriously.

They find a new Richter skip every few months.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Phone posted:

Calebhart42 got a $1234 donation and then did this:

SWAT team took a toll on his mentality :smith:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dizz posted:

I don't know, if people were dropping that much money on me on a regular basis for doing something I love doing, I'd celebrate like a lunatic too.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dizz posted:

It would be way weirder if someone asked him "i want you to take off your shirt in front of thousands of people and pretend to be megaman and i will pay for this service with a grand"

i mean i would do it too but having to explain that internet video to a future employer would be hilarious

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

I don't know, if people were dropping that much money on me on a regular basis for doing something I love doing, I'd celebrate like a lunatic too.

The opposite is true actually. As streamers get more and more consistent donations they stop caring about them.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Isn't Caleb the one who smashes the poo poo out of controllers on a regular basis when he loses a run?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Tracula posted:

Isn't Caleb the one who smashes the poo poo out of controllers on a regular basis when he loses a run?

yeah but he can afford to replace them now so w/e

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Tracula posted:

I think it's happened like twice

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

timp posted:

I think it's happened like twice

At least one of them was a previously (unintentionally) broken controller anyway

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, you chuck me $1.2k out of nowhere and I'm probably gonna celebrate like an idiot :3:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'd lose respect for you if you were jumping hoops for peanuts, regardless of how expensive or delicious they were.

Then again I doubt any of you would give a poo poo about me as a friend anyways.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, you chuck me $1.2k out of nowhere and I'm probably gonna celebrate like an idiot :3:

(insert video of female streamer crying on the ground for 20 minutes after getting a $6969.69 donation)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
How many of those donations actually go through and aren't stolen credit cards/fake e-cash checks or get reversed the next morning?

In an environment where idiots call swat teams on people that's gotta happen daily

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

How many of those donations actually go through and aren't stolen credit cards/fake e-cash checks or get reversed the next morning?

In an environment where idiots call swat teams on people that's gotta happen daily

It seems at least some of the >1k donations are true, and from some foreign princes in UAE or something that just watch Twitch streams.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Mr E posted:

It seems at least some of the >1k donations are true, and from some foreign princes in UAE or something that just watch Twitch streams.

Do they throw chairs around the room and spend north of $10k on cobblestone cs:go cases too?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FanofPortals posted:

Do they throw chairs around the room and spend north of $10k on cobblestone cs:go cases too?

I sure hope so.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SeXReX posted:

(insert video of female streamer crying on the ground for 20 minutes after getting a $6969.69 donation)

Probably makes a nice change from all the $0.69 donations

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

mfcrocker posted:

Probably makes a nice change from all the $0.69 donations

real men donate 4.20

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Siglemic and Liveegg are getting ready to start a Mario 64 1400 star race (20x 70 star) :psyduck:

http://multitwitch.tv/siglemic/liveegg

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Pff. Call me when they do 20x 120 star runs in a row.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Studio posted:

The opposite is true actually. As streamers get more and more consistent donations they stop caring about them.

True for some streamers but Caleb always seems happy even for the small donations (from what I've seen at least, I don't watch him all the time, just occasionally).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nibble posted:

Siglemic and Liveegg are getting ready to start a Mario 64 1400 star race (20x 70 star) :psyduck:

It's nice to see Sig getting back into 70 star and liveegg putting in the long hours. One of them needs to put that punk Haitian back in his place.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It's a crapshoot. E-checks are the worst, it seems. Sodapoppin's infamous for being a troll so he probably gets more troll donations than anyone else. The first video is a troll but the last two are very real and ridiculous. Soda says anytime he gets an E-check now if it's not pre-cleared(or something) he automatically pushes it back because most of the time it happens anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHP0NhGpWJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMDsMOWGzpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezAYIDipoyY

I use him as an example for this all the time because his stuff makes the least sense. He's not an elite moba player, he's not a top raider or arena expert(although he probably could be at arena if he tried) and he doesn't have tits. He makes a stupid amount of money because he's a troll and an idiot and he's basically proof that if you can entertain, someone will pay you for it.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 22, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like iateyourpie will be going back to Paper Mario in 2015 which should be nice. Speaking of people going back to games, did trihex ever actually go back to speedrunning or is he still "training" and getting "gains" while being sponsored by hentai websites?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Dizz posted:

I'd lose respect for you if you were jumping hoops for peanuts, regardless of how expensive or delicious they were.

Then again I doubt any of you would give a poo poo about me as a friend anyways.

isnt any form of employment jumping hoops for peanuts, tbh

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Spermgod posted:

isnt any form of employment jumping hoops for peanuts, tbh

If it's entertainment, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nibble posted:

LiveEgg seems nice. Siglemic is ingrained as THE SM64 runner so I like seeing more competition versus him. Like, if you go to an invalid Twitch page you're linked to Siglemic's stream

goldjas posted:

True for some streamers but Caleb always seems happy even for the small donations (from what I've seen at least, I don't watch him all the time, just occasionally).

Yeah I don't know Caleb's case specifically. Like even in small marathons I've noticed it's easy to get desensitized. I think that's why I don't like donations without really specific goals in mind. When you have a focus or project the donations all stay super relevant.

• Locked thread