Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

I do not :colbert: I just don't invent stuff as town and as a result I post enough to get noticed, but not enough to not get called a lurker, unless I find something and latch onto it.

There's been plenty to talk about this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
2 hours, where's everyone at?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i<m here ##vote opop

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I wanted to roast a turkey and a turkey I shall roast. ##vote Opop

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Opopanax!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Where the flip at???

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm VT whoops

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Opopanax, because you turn 360 degrees and walk away (Vanilla Town), has been killed!

Night 3!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Flavor goes here.

Pinterest Mom, the very existence of the Halo franchise (Vanilla Town), has been killed!

Somberbrero, don't be so rough with my Wii! (Vanilla Town), has been killed!

Day 4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): Dr. Hurt, Epsilon Plus, fiery_valkyrie, mfcrocker, Tremendous Taste

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sorry, deadline is this Friday, not last. :downs: 9 PM EST.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Will vote EP, TT or Hurt.

I think TT is Capps scum buddy.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Ain't doing poo poo til I've reread the players left.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:ghost: Go scum. :ghost:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

mfcrocker posted:

Ain't doing poo poo til I've reread the players left.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hurt>Crocker>EP>F_V>Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

I wanted to roast a turkey and a turkey I shall roast. ##vote Opop

mostly for this hammer, really sus after giving me grief over not being around and me saying i'd be back before deadline. scum with crocker maybe?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

mostly for this hammer, really sus after giving me grief over not being around and me saying i'd be back before deadline. scum with crocker maybe?

hm i thought crocker put pressure on us both just now, it was f_v

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

whoa wait a minute, this is incredibly suspicious

if you think i'm capps' scum buddy you should in no world be voting me because the game would end with two town players and two scum left alive

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Q: if F_V is scum, who is her partner tho?

A:

I think it has to be Hurt. Mayyyyybe epsilon. read the progression from the first hurt case to the EP vote. Also note the turnaround from "Capps' posting means TT isn't on his team" to today's "Capps' posting means tt is on his team"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
hey TT nice of you to do your first scumhunting in 7 days

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I wanna see what happens when I do this

##vote Epsilon Plus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

are we in an alternate universe where i'm not leading the thread in posts despite having traveled since last thursday until monday

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: Remember, if you're voting someone it has to be someone you feel was scum but not capps' partner. if we lynch town or that player the game is over :siren:

this is of course why i feel fv is a good vote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

mfcrocker posted:

I wanna see what happens when I do this

##vote Epsilon Plus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa okay, am I capps' partner or the other scum team? (I assume you are voting me because you do not think I am town)

Also does TT's statement check out? I'm not seeing any weird flaws in it based on the game setup.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

whoa wait a minute, this is incredibly suspicious

if you think i'm capps' scum buddy you should in no world be voting me because the game would end with two town players and two scum left alive

I'm not voting anyone you idiot.

Sadly, thinking about it this morning I came to the same conclusion, although I'm not sure town can win anyway.

If we lynch the solo scum, then the other scum team kill one town in the night and win.

If we lynch one of the scum duo left, then we go into the night with 2 NK's still active. In theory the scum really need to target each other and if they both get it right then town win. If one gets it wrong, then the other scum team wins. If they both get it wrong...is it a tie?

Hmmm. Crocker, who do you think is the solo scum and who are the duo scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

A:

I think it has to be Hurt. Mayyyyybe epsilon. read the progression from the first hurt case to the EP vote. Also note the turnaround from "Capps' posting means TT isn't on his team" to today's "Capps' posting means tt is on his team"

Capps is no fool player. He talked about you a lot but never made any real effort to get you lynched. I thought it was casing, but now I think it was distancing.

Also notice how you basically just disappeared off the radar after I said that. You were content to lurk and go unnoticed. Now you have to play to win.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

A:

I voted EP on D2 before I made a case on Hurt. Why is my EP vote scummy? I've been suspicious of him, and vocal about that, since D2.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also notice how you basically just disappeared off the radar after I said that. You were content to lurk and go unnoticed. Now you have to play to win.

this isn't close to true and anyone paying attention to the game knows it

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

this isn't close to true and anyone paying attention to the game knows it

Sorry, my bad. Those 3 days where you didn't post at all must have been a figment of my imagination.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I voted EP on D2 before I made a case on Hurt. Why is my EP vote scummy? I've been suspicious of him, and vocal about that, since D2.

well, this is your vote on ep.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry I've been distracted with work and now I have a friend from overseas just arrived.

I re-read D1 and I think EP looks really bad. He tries to argue semantics, has no opinions on anyone and then chucks an easy vote on the lynch leader.

##vote EP

not much there.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote Dr Hurt

A read of his post history shows he's made a couple of weak opinions on people being scummy, but he never backs it up with votes or attempts to get those people lynched. He criticises the play of others but doesn't make alignment calls based on it. There is no scum hunting effort in his posts.

Equally zilch in terms of depth.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm still happy to vote for Epsilon. I thought he was the right candidate yesterday.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have a friend visiting from overseas.

wait, what happened to the guy you voted?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

From yesterday

Ah, ok.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Well then let's lynch Opop.

##vote Opop

Wait what :confused:

plus

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Capps posting would indicate that TT is not on his team. That's the only person he really mentions. The rest is a bunch of noise.

into

fiery_valkyrie posted:

with no explanation

That plus accusing me of lurking when I've put together more cases than you have and posted considerably more makes me think I've pegged you right. I'm not sure if Hurt or Ep is your scumbuddy but one of them has to be imo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry, my bad. Those 3 days where you didn't post at all must have been a figment of my imagination.

well I was away on travel, but even then it doesn't match up with your timeline unless the nail in the coffin is "after"

I've still put down more work before and since

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote f_v

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Having read f_v's game recently, that case was complete cherry-picking bollocks - plenty of scumhunting was done in unquoted posts. It's also really, really easy to have a higher postcount when you make every point over 5 posts, so stop pretending like you didn't go completely missing.

I don't think you're Capps' scumbuddy.

##unvote
##vote TT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok if it's that easy, highlight it.

I think you're tipping your hand too far, perhaps?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Incidentally hurt may be doing his scum shtick. I'm going to see Connor mcdavid IRL so someone else take a look and see if it fits

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
You've triple+ posted a number of times, it's pretty self-evident. That in itself isn't scummy (it's kind of your MO) but using postcount to try and distract from your disappearing act isn't on.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's what I do in every game, a null tell

It is however a valid defense against accusation of lurking in a game with active players with less than a page of posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My "disappearing act" came when I said I'd be traveling in advance. I posted a picture of my plane ticket. I woul have been back for last deadline but SOMEbody hustled the hammer after throwing shade at me for not being there

• Locked thread