Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

MA-Horus posted:

I'm almost expecting an airframe loss from overstress.

You want dem shits to last beyond 2020? Good luck. We're gonna be strapping sidewinders to westjet 737s at this rate.

Maybe just retool some of their older airframes into a blue and white liveried, budget :canada: version of a Spectre gunship? I'm sure we have some Bofors and worn to poo poo C6s we could mount up in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Simkin posted:

Maybe just retool some of their older airframes into a blue and white liveried, budget :canada: version of a Spectre gunship? I'm sure we have some Bofors and worn to poo poo C6s we could mount up in there.

I heard we've got some destroyers who don't need main guns anymore.

gently caress it, go full comedy, put C3s on those fuckers.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I'd join the RAAF if I didn't have such a tasty looking infant, gently caress the wildlife in Australia.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's interesting. I've heard the Army is getting 46 TAPVs, with 16 (!) assigned to the Reserves.

Which means that there will be approximately 6 actually with Reserve units, but still. Maybe I'll get to see one!

Also, cuts of ~30% to ammo and IMPs Forces-wide for 2015. Beans and bullets, people.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Don't worry, though, because they'd never cut funding for exercises.

Now if the material needed to support those exercises just happened to dry up due to no money, well, that's hardly cutting the exercises, right? It's just a lovely coincidence.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Canadian Forces; Yelling *BANG* at ISIS since 2014

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Simkin posted:

Taking bets now on whether an Air Mission TO END TERRORISM, GUYS. Like Seriously. Will equal :10bux: for new equipment/maintenance or not.

The prophecy has (maybe) come true according to the NP.

quote:

Even as the Harper Conservatives have deployed CF-18 fighter jets to Eastern Europe, and now to Kuwait to join the air war against Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), the Canadian Forces have seen their funding slashed. But that may be about to change, as the government considers adding back part or all of the $3.1-billion removed from the military’s piggy bank in last February’s budget.

yay?:confuoot:

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
Pretty hosed. This rear end in a top hat mowed down two guys near the Mega with his car and was chased down by police.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/martin-rouleau-quebec-driver-shot-by-police-radicalized-rcmp-1.2806104

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Hopefully more details are eventually released on why the guy was just a person of interest and not at least picked up on nuisance charges every day until he got the hint and moved to a different city country.

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
Secretly hoping he's a radical wahabbist whose also a member of the Quebec Patriotic Militia for the double :psyduck: of it all.

Sixerfixer
Oct 13, 2013

I'm not going to try and sell you that three guys in the shed out back with a swinging light bulb and a bottle of SoCo is a model for responsible government. I'm just gonna say it works.
Well, one's dead. I actually feel terrible about this, 'cause as nice as it to know that the rear end in a top hat who did it was shot the gently caress dead, I wish we could hear and know what exactly went on in that crazy head of his. I feel like this is going to give the gov't carte blanche to send us somewhere/ double down on IS.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

As lovely as it is to say it, at least it was two guys in a parking lot and not a platoon marching down a road.

It's a good thing extremists are dumb.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Yeah but imagine if he hosed up and only clipped one or two people, and the platoon buttstroked him to death. :allears:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sixerfixer posted:

Well, one's dead. I actually feel terrible about this, 'cause as nice as it to know that the rear end in a top hat who did it was shot the gently caress dead, I wish we could hear and know what exactly went on in that crazy head of his. I feel like this is going to give the gov't carte blanche to send us somewhere/ double down on IS.

The reports I heard said something about his company having been the victim of some kind of property crime, and he was unhappy with the level of support the police had given to him when he tried to report it. This made him angry with the government, so he turned to the internet for some rational advice on how to channel his frothing tantrum. This led him to join some Islamic extremists and change his name to Ahmad leConverti, and he totally would've gone to join them if the RCMP hadn't taken his passport away, so instead he had to focus his rage for the glory of some guys he met online by running over a guy in his 50s in a parking lot.

Hm. Maybe staying out of journalism was the right call.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Welp, orders already came down for parts of NCR to go to work in civies.

I'm glad no one is overreacting to this.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
code:
                           _.-^-._    .--.
                        .-'   _   '-. |__|
                       /     |_|     \|  |
                      /               \  |
                     /|     _____     |\ |
                      |    |==|==|    |  |_@| -Hey guys!
  |---|---|---|---|---|    |--|--|    |  | |   We closed the
  |---|---|---|---|---|    |==|==|    |  |/ \  barn door!
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

A member of the Ceremonial Guard at the War Memorial in Ottawa was shot this morning by "a man with long hair and a rifle", who then took off towards the Hill and fired off a few more rounds.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Well gently caress, apparently someone shot at Parliament too. Everything is on lockdown right now.

NDHQ, Parliament, all the government blocks are being evacuated or locked down, RCMP and MPs doing their thing.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ert is here, OPS are working the perimeter, ponywhackers are taking care of the core, everything north of Albert is taped off and I'm pretty sure the next moron to lean over the tape to take a picture with his stupid phone is going to loving jail.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OPS have pushed south another block in a big hurry, running everyone inside "fuckin now"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

No one can enter or leave any DND building until further notice.

E: NCR Obviously. I don't know about other areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do

Shootout inside the Hill.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 22, 2014

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Stay outta CGN, stay out of D&D aka LF v2.0

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

priznat posted:

Stay outta CGN, stay out of D&D aka LF v2.0

Well now you know I have to go back to the PT6A thread.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

What's the waiting period on combat arms officers right now?

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!
Probably forecast to increase.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I heard artillery is taking guys, but that's always the rumour.

bzw
Mar 31, 2007
waxing

quote:

On Sunday, we asked a very handsome guard for a picture with my friend visiting from Cali - RIP Nathan Cirillo Megan Underwood (@megunder) https://twitter.com/megunder/status/525032647454900225 October 22, 2014

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Swagger, bro, you've got to stop hanging out in the Canpol thread. It's compromising your LCF.

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

too depressed about this. Hope we don't get sucked into another war we don't want to win.

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.

Barrakketh posted:

Swagger, bro, you've got to stop hanging out in the Canpol thread. It's compromising your LCF.

yeah I know, you're right. Banging my head against a wall here.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Barrakketh posted:

too depressed about this. Hope we don't get sucked into another war we don't want to win.

I hope we destroy all of the middle east. 1 Canadian is worth 200 million other people(this is the American reaction to 9/11, but stands true)

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I hope we destroy all of the middle east. 1 Canadian is worth 200 million other people(this is the American reaction to 9/11, but stands true)

Wow buddy, get hosed. Unless of course, you jest

Simkin
May 18, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

What's the waiting period on combat arms officers right now?

No change on intake numbers until the next fiscal. You could apply NCM, but even that's pretty crowded/competitive for combat arms.

Still need pilots, though. :jeb:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mederlock posted:

Wow buddy, get hosed. Unless of course, you jest

Why would I jest? I was trained to hate the middle east and now that terrorist scum are hitting our own soil I hate them more than ever. gently caress the Sandfrican American scum.

Edit: "other people" was in reference to browns.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Why would I jest? I was trained to hate the middle east and now that terrorist scum are hitting our own soil I hate them more than ever. gently caress the Sandfrican American scum.

Edit: "other people" was in reference to browns.

Neat.

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
I laughed. The CF thread here hasn't really taken on the posting style of the rest of our GiP brethren.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Let's just all grab a double double and have a think on it, eh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

swagger like us posted:

I laughed. The CF thread here hasn't really taken on the posting style of the rest of our GiP brethren.

Let the hate flow through you.

Seriously though, let's respect this thread's posting ecosystem and dial it back a notch, eh?

Sixerfixer
Oct 13, 2013

I'm not going to try and sell you that three guys in the shed out back with a swinging light bulb and a bottle of SoCo is a model for responsible government. I'm just gonna say it works.
Overseas on some ED&T right now, but from and serve in Ottawa. Stay frosty you goony motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Keep that poo poo out of here Shrek. Looks like the shooter had nothing to do with ISIS and was just a loony motherfucker.

There are gonna be a lot of rounds bought for the Argylls in Hamilton in the next few weeks for sure. I'll probably end up going to the memorial service, just as a civvie though. But I have been considering going reserve force officer as of late.

I'll admit I think I might understand why the Americans went crazy after 9/11. I haven't felt that sort of white hot RAGE in a long time.