Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

PirateBob posted:

Mourinho is taking this mind game a bit far now :newlol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ts-9813020.html

I'd still put money on Costa playing on Sunday
“There are no rules, no laws to protect us,” Mourinho said of the balance of power.

Mourinho later went on to encapsulate the arguments of Gramsci, the Frankurt School, and Zizek, concluding "they rule us from within. We fear not their rules, but the life they have ascribed to us. We cannot change. We cannot rebel. We may only observe and consume."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

straight up brolic posted:

“There are no rules, no laws to protect us,” Mourinho said of the balance of power.

Mourinho later went on to encapsulate the arguments of Gramsci, the Frankurt School, and Zizek, concluding "they rule us from within. We fear not their rules, but the life they have ascribed to us. We cannot change. We cannot rebel. We may only observe and consume."

wrong thread

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

straight up brolic posted:

I think this is a good post.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Lucas apparently told Radio Marca that he was looking for a transfer to another club. I shudder to think who Rodgers will get to replace him, if anyone.

Gerrard.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Brony Car posted:

Lucas apparently told Radio Marca that he was looking for a transfer to another club. I shudder to think who Rodgers will get to replace him, if anyone.

A ruptured knee ligament and a pile of broken dreams would slot in well.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Van Gaal has apparently extended an offer to Victor valdes to do his recovery training at United

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That would be good for De Gea. Valdes was a decent enough keeper in his prime.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

ayb posted:

Van Gaal has apparently extended an offer to Victor valdes to do his recovery training at United

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

Interesting. Aside from the Everton match I think De Geas been pretty poor this season

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Interesting. Aside from the Everton match I think De Geas been pretty poor this season

I would agree with you. His positioning has been very suspect.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've not seen Man Utd play much this season but I've read at least 1 article praising De Gea saying he's now the best keeper in the league

In other news, Ben Arfa is a goon

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

Being a free agent next summer? It is huge pressure. I have used up all my credits. It is like playing Mario - I have one life remaining, I have to take care, but I will take on the challenge.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Jose posted:

I've not seen Man Utd play much this season but I've read at least 1 article praising De Gea saying he's now the best keeper in the league

In other news, Ben Arfa is a goon

rip HBA you did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdg7zeZ8AJw

then got fat and poo poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jose posted:

He's been as gash as he always was, save for against Everton when he somehow channeled God. United playing Chelsea and City instead of the newly promoted teams will put him back in perspective.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
De Gea is bad. Im so pumped for the derby (said like "Darby" with an American twinge to my fake English accent). I'll be sitting pretty close in to the goal, look for my shirt that says "BAN TAFF" in bright letters.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I thought he was signing for Liverpool. Top banter from Van Gaal imo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

euroboy posted:

I thought he was signing for Liverpool. Top banter from Van Gaal imo.

Liverpool wanted Valdes to do a trial and Valdes was displeased.

It will probably work out really well for Man-U because God does not want the world to be a good place.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
De Gea is loving great even if he's been inconsistent this season. He's 23 and I fully expect him play at high level for United for many years (insert joke about how he'll be the best keeper in the championship here)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Mash posted:

De Gea is loving great even if he's been inconsistent this season. He's 23 and I fully expect him play at high level for United for many years (insert joke about how he'll be the best keeper in the championship here)

Basically this. There are certainly still elements of his game that he needs to develop, but in goalkeeper terms he's basically a small child and everything he needs he can be taught.

You can't teach Sick YouTube Saves, though, those are made out of wishes and magic.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Mash posted:

(insert joke about how he'll be the best keeper in the championship here)

Hes no Marco Silvestri m8

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He's at it again.

quote:

Mario Balotelli is at the centre of an investigation by Greater Manchester police after allegedly confronting a woman who was taking photographs of his red Ferrari on Thursday.

The Liverpool striker was in Wythenshawe, apparently visiting his mother, Rose Barwuah, when the alleged incident with a local resident occurred. According to the woman he got “threateningly close” and demanded she stop.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester police said: “We are investigating a report of threatening behaviour following an incident in Pewsey Road, Wythenshawe.

“Officers will be speaking to all concerned in due course.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/23/mario-balotelli-police-investigate-liverpool?CMP=twt_gu

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He must really hate his mum if he's letting her live in loving Wythenshawe

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
"Threateningly close" is better than he's done for Liverpool on the field this season.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Seriously? You can call the cops on someone who gets "threateningly close" to you after you've bothered them?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

He was great against Everton but apart from that he been pretty suspect. Part of that is an inconsistent defence.

Still think hes class, just hasnt been great this year. I felt he could have done better with a few of the goals we've conceeded

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

PirateBob posted:

Seriously? You can call the cops on someone who gets "threateningly close" to you after you've bothered them?

in England you can't even tweet racist abuse at footballers, it's the 3rd world pretty much.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Mario's now supercritical and heading for full core meltdown. He's going to massacre a village wearing Pepe's shirt.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Valdes rejected whatever United offered him apparently.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn't he just training with United?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29748661

Also he's still broken so nobody's gonna sign him

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

PirateBob posted:

Mourinho is taking this mind game a bit far now :newlol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ts-9813020.html

I'd still put money on Costa playing on Sunday

Taking it too far would be putting <player he hates> in the Tattersalls sale.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Koscielny is now out indefinitely. I assume we'll see him in a couple years like what happened with Vermalean, Wilshere, and Rosicky.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao, Wenger ran him into the ground while selling Vermaelen and getting zero cover, he's fully lost it at this point

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I actually just remembered that Vermalean and Rosicky actually disappeared for over a year with this exact same injury (Achilles tendinitis). So uh yeah, Wenger out.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I have grown to love Sam Allardyce so much, even if he's an incredibly devious piece of poo poo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l#disqus_thread

quote:

"There are two types of coaches. There’s coaches like me who weigh up the opposition and ask the team to adjust. Fergie was similar. Jose [Mourinho] is similar. Then there’s Arsene who won’t adjust. There’s Brendan [Rodgers] who looks like he won’t adjust. There’s Manuel Pellegrini who looks like he won’t adjust, even in the Champions League. He seems to favour what he’s got. City are quite open.

“Their [Wenger/Rodgers/Pellegrini] philosophy is different to ours. Ours is more about who are we playing against. Their philosophy is more ‘we always play this way’ and they won’t change, they carry doing on the same thing. That’s why you can beat them."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Give him Madrid and he'll win 10 decimas.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brony Car posted:

I have grown to love Sam Allardyce so much, even if he's an incredibly devious piece of poo poo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l#disqus_thread

He's totally right. Refusing to adapt to your opponent is incredibly arrogant and naive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ryan Taylor is in the Newcastle match day squad for the first time in 2 years :unsmith:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the away tickets sold out so I'm going to Loftus Park as a spy monday night

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
De Gea is pretty brilliant, I wasn't aware that he'd been slightly underpar this season, he's been class the last 18 months in my opinion.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheGoatFeeder posted:

De Gea is pretty brilliant, I wasn't aware that he'd been slightly underpar this season, he's been class the last 18 months in my opinion.

Yeah but you watch Joe Hart every week. Chelsea have the best 2 keepers in the league. And then its a dropoff.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

Chelsea have the best 2 keepers in the league.

umm what about Spurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

umm what about Spurs

He meant after Lloris obvo

• Locked thread