Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Tracula posted:

This is how I feel watching any video RLM does since I'm also in Milwaukee. I'm always looking for street names and poo poo that I probably recognize. I always love when they bitch about the roads too since unless you live here you have NO IDEA how loving bad they are. :argh:

Also for the love of god do not read the comments on Jesu's goodbye video on TGWTG. Jesus loving christ.

I don't see what the problem is, they're just having a completely unreasonable discussion about how The Gay Agenda and the Feminists are silencing JO from expressing her true feelings about hating gay people. :v:

Seriously :catstare:

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Yeah, and the very first post too. TGWTG can be awful sometimes (OK, often).

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Hey Jay O, if you're not going to be producing videos anymore, does that mean your Blip account is going to be closed? If so, is there a way for you to save or archive your videos?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Ema Nymton posted:

Yeah, and the very first post too. TGWTG can be awful sometimes (OK, often).

It's pretty much awful all the time. You either have your typical Internet nerd who complain about political correctness and feminism, or those weird people who apparently thing re-imagining a bunch of online film critics as prostitutes is a normal thing to do.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hbomberguy posted:

I went to sleep and when I woke up, twenty-five-thousand new people had seen the video.

Who did that

Oh man I just got around to watching that and I can see why it blew up, it's pretty loving great. For some reason I was expecting a serious video so I was just thinking it'd be another 'yea these people are dipshits' thing but just hearing you laugh at their lovely skull toys and all is way better. Sometimes you just have to go 'lookit these fuckin idiots, LOOK'.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Ema Nymton posted:

Yeah, and the very first post too. TGWTG can be awful sometimes (OK, often) in every waking moment.

Ftfy. They don't really moderate anything, unfortunately. v:v:v The comments just kinda illustrate the things I could have said about my reasons for leaving TGWTG, but didn't. Cuz errbuddy (sane) know.

Max Wilco posted:

Hey Jay O, if you're not going to be producing videos anymore, does that mean your Blip account is going to be closed? If so, is there a way for you to save or archive your videos?

No, I think it'll just sit there until Blip itself goes away. If anything happens to it, all my videos are backed up, so I can re-host them somewhere else if need be. :) (I don't know where, but eh.)

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Jay O that comments section is loving awful. You are a trooper for weathering stuff like that for so many formative years of your life and still making cool videos. In a sideways way though it's a compliment - you have reduced human beings to babies in their attempts to argue you to death in e-comments. You hold an obscene and evil power over them, without even having to really go out of your way to do anything at all. You're an internet witch.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh man I just got around to watching that and I can see why it blew up, it's pretty loving great. For some reason I was expecting a serious video so I was just thinking it'd be another 'yea these people are dipshits' thing but just hearing you laugh at their lovely skull toys and all is way better. Sometimes you just have to go 'lookit these fuckin idiots, LOOK'.

I can see why you expected boring serious poo poo from me. But that me is dead. I killed him. GamerGate is such a dumb argument that the only way out is laughter. Together, we can stop arguing about dumb things and start a marxist takeover have more fun times.

I can't wait to see how the people in the video actually respond to it, if they do at all. I'm partial to the idea they'll just pretend it doesn't exist.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Hbomberguy posted:

You're an internet witch.

I continue to request this Hbomberguy quotables pastebin, and now extend the desire for said pastebin to old-timey embroidered throw pillows with his quotes on them. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hbomberguy posted:

Jay O that comments section is loving awful. You are a trooper for weathering stuff like that for so many formative years of your life and still making cool videos. In a sideways way though it's a compliment - you have reduced human beings to babies in their attempts to argue you to death in e-comments. You hold an obscene and evil power over them, without even having to really go out of your way to do anything at all. You're an internet witch.

I can see why you expected boring serious poo poo from me. But that me is dead. I killed him. GremlinGate is such a dumb argument that the only way out is laughter. Together, we can stop arguing about dumb things and start a marxist takeover have more fun times.

I can't wait to see how the people in the video actually respond to it, if they do at all. I'm partial to the idea they'll just pretend it doesn't exist.

The dude who looks like Command and Conquer's Kane during his high school years frequently posts 'rebuttals' I think so hopefully he'll at least answer to the question of who's skull that is and why doe she carry it around like a fuckin lich.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I need to open a t-shirt store with my silly quotes and in-jokes on them. It'll supplement those 16 bucks I get off patreon. One day I'll be able to go full-time as a crazy internet comedy man. LIVING THE DREAM.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Hbomberguy brand decorative skulls, sold by the bushel. A tasteful accoutrement for every room in your house.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.
Hey I haven't been here for a while and I wondering what's the deal with all the new blood on TGWTG lately?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jay O posted:

I continue to request this Hbomberguy quotables pastebin, and now extend the desire for said pastebin to old-timey embroidered throw pillows with his quotes on them. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

"You're an Internet Witch" would look great cross-stitched onto a pillow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jay O posted:

Ftfy. They don't really moderate anything, unfortunately. v:v:v The comments just kinda illustrate the things I could have said about my reasons for leaving TGWTG, but didn't. Cuz errbuddy (sane) know.

Out of morbid curiosity, I took a gander at your subforum on the Channel Awesome message board to see what they've got to say. You got some ghastly little pukes over there, aye?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Jsor posted:

I don't see what the problem is, they're just having a completely unreasonable discussion about how The Gay Agenda and the Feminists are silencing JO from expressing her true feelings about hating gay people. :v:

Seriously :catstare:

I hate the internet so much right now.

Hbomb, your video was cool.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hbomber's video is full of great moments, but the funniest moment for me is when Greasy Neckbeard starts talking about how he saw a hot pair of legs walk across the street during his Objection in Video Games Vlog. Also, what is it with Internet "vloggers" not bothering to clean their rooms? It's like they want their goon cave to be seen as a landfill. :stare:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I really wish whenever it cut to that guy in a full suit in the forest that you would just see a couple of hikers just walk by and look at him.

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Violet_Sky posted:

Hbomber's video is full of great moments, but the funniest moment for me is when Greasy Neckbeard starts talking about how he saw a hot pair of legs walk across the street during his Objection in Video Games Vlog. Also, what is it with Internet "vloggers" not bothering to clean their rooms? It's like they want their goon cave to be seen as a landfill. :stare:
Hey, uh, everyone... so... I want to make a, uh, documentary. About women. And, uh, I really want you to give me money to do this. To make this documentary. I know you might be thinking that, you know, that a guy who, uh, puts up unedited vlogs on YouTube... where......... he lays on his couch... and... uh, you know, lays on his couch and moans about feminists while the, uh, the... while the camera just kinda points at the ground. And the, you know the auto... auto focus... thing... auto focus keeps shifting between, uh, him and the ground. Him and the ground covered in dirty laundry. You might think that that guy isn't well equipped to make an expensive documentary.

And to that I say 'no.'

Like John Galt.

So that's why we're crowdfunding this documentary.

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that crowdfunding is the polar opposite thing a good Randroid should be doing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Somewhat related, one of the funniest and most ironic crowdfunders was the Atlas Shrugged Kickstarter. Sadly it was funded and the world will have to suffer another piece of Objectivist garbage.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jimbot posted:

Somewhat related, one of the funniest and most ironic crowdfunders was the Atlas Shrugged Kickstarter. Sadly it was funded and the world will have to suffer another piece of Objectivist garbage.

I think that even got a part three. And each part has completely different actors.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Red Letter Media's dinosaur movie review was absolutely incredible.

http://redlettermedia.com/best-of-the-worst-theodore-rex-carnosaur-tammy-and-the-t-rex/#more-4503

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It was talked about before. I do like that the only reason I can tell I saw Theodore Rex as a kid is that the phrase "cookie shooter" is still lingering in my subconsciousness.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know Moviebob isn't popular in this thread, but Schlocktober is probably the best thing he does and the latest movie "Bloodfreak" has to be seen to be believed :allears:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/9828-Bloodfreak-Movie-Review

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Benne posted:

I know Moviebob isn't popular in this thread, but Schlocktober is probably the best thing he does and the latest movie "Bloodfreak" has to be seen to be believed :allears:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/9828-Bloodfreak-Movie-Review

Holy poo poo, that ending. If that was actually satire, everybody would complain that it was too on the nose.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Hbomberguy posted:

Video's finished.

I hope my dumb mockery of a few really silly people brightens someone's day. Please let me know what you think in case I do more stuff in this vein.

I was definitely amused. To be honest, I've been trying to ignore GamerGate, because it seems to be like one of those "losing battle" things, where if you even think about it you get so infuriated you can't function.
The best thing about turtleneck dude in the forest was how he was green screened in there, because of course filming in a forest is way too much trouble (although as a video reviewer I can definitely say that filming outside is a real pain.) And the skulls. Oh, the skulls. Reminds me of when I worked in a costume shop - and even then, we didn't have as many skulls as that guy, and we sold them.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Is anyone at all familiar with xRazorfistx? He's such a mean-spirited rear end in a top hat that I can't take anything he says seriously. He seems to take the contrarian view on nearly everything he reviews and pretty much exemplifies everything wrong with online reviewers. Plus he loathes this forum and takes pot shots at us from time to time the rascal!

Here's his YT page. He sucks. I hate him

https://www.youtube.com/user/xRazorFistx

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Yaws posted:

Is anyone at all familiar with xRazorfistx? He's such a mean-spirited rear end in a top hat that I can't take anything he says seriously. He seems to take the contrarian view on nearly everything he reviews and pretty much exemplifies everything wrong with online reviewers. Plus he loathes this forum and takes pot shots at us from time to time the rascal!

Yup, I thought I remembered this dumbass. Every video is black and white, aviators, long hair, 2edgy4u, etc. He's one of those guys that's so terrible that it wraps around to being entertaining again.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Yaws posted:

xRazorfistx posted:

Bad games are a disease. Meet the cure.

No.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Yaws posted:

I tried watching his Predator "review," and it's the same "whiny rear end in a top hat talks over a movie's plot points" review you see 20,000 times on Youtube.

How does this guy stand out in any way shape or form.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'm pretty sure that the only thing you need to know about Razorfist is that him and Asalieri (of "Reviewing a Reviewer"/being a horrible shithead on the internet fame) are superfriends. He's awful.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Just caught up on Lupa's Baywatching episodes!
RE Shark Derby - wait, how the hell did Jill die? In most other shows there'd be some kind of explanation like 'she got septic shock" or something, but here it's even lamer and more improbable than the kid in Pay it Forward dying from being stabbed once in the stomach area with a 5 cm blade.
Dr Shark makes me wonder whether Lupa reads Wonderella.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Infamous Sphere posted:

RE Shark Derby - wait, how the hell did Jill die? In most other shows there'd be some kind of explanation like 'she got septic shock" or something, but here it's even lamer and more improbable than the kid in Pay it Forward dying from being stabbed once in the stomach area with a 5 cm blade.

I figured it was another case of secondary drowning: the leading cause of death on Baywatch. Hopefully we'll see more episodes soon! :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://phelous.com/2014/10/28/phelous/halloweenie/halloweenie-tacky-get-ups/
I love some of these edits in this one

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Infamous Sphere posted:

Maybe it was a sharktic shock?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Infamous Sphere posted:

Candygram follow up.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

New Jontron, this time it's on Are You Afraid of the Dark? like his Goosebumps episodes last year.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Infamous Sphere posted:

They do explain it in the episode, I want to say maybe an embolism...? Don't quote me on that, but basically it was complications from her injuries. I just like the Dr. Shark explanation better.

bladeworksmaster posted:

New Jontron, this time it's on Are You Afraid of the Dark? like his Goosebumps episodes last year.

This was hilarious, love it when he looks at lame kid's stuff.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Yaws posted:

I remember Razorfist whining about how Alan Moore called comic book fans immature, and he was so salty, he claimed that everything Alan Moore did in his life (including Watchmen, V for Vendetta, etc.) was pure garbage.
A fine counterpoint, don't you agree?

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Kim Justice posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only thing you need to know about Razorfist is that him and Asalieri (of "Reviewing a Reviewer"/being a horrible shithead on the internet fame) are superfriends. He's awful.

I remember the two of them doing a wonder twin team up attempt during Spoonygeddon. It was dumb and sad and awful.

I only remember that specifically because Razorfist's name made me lol. It made me double lol when he turned out to be exactly the kind of guy, in appearance and manner, who would call themself 'Razorfist' and expect to be taken seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

KayTee posted:

I remember the two of them doing a wonder twin team up attempt during Spoonygeddon. It was dumb and sad and awful.

I only remember that specifically because Razorfist's name made me lol. It made me double lol when he turned out to be exactly the kind of guy, in appearance and manner, who would call themself 'Razorfist' and expect to be taken seriously.

Asalieri was a stark reminder to me that the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons wasn't an exaggeration in any way whatsoever.

• Locked thread