Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote fits

Time to spill the beans if you want to survive this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Apparently I am in this game. I will catch up later today.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok so I read through the game so far while I was eating some eggs and while I am going to read it again later when I am not so tired I do want to say that I don't like the quick bandwagon on fits. Almost all the content so far has been setup spec which I really don't like and it looks like it was started by Met. With only setup spec chat a lynch on a guy who has basically only made like 2 or 3 posts isn't going to put town in a great position on Day 2. The scum team could also quite easily snipe a power role on N1 since a lot of people have been talking about what fruits they are, and the scum team could have more info regarding how flavor relates to any power roles. Fits you really need to do a better job explaining your vote. Going to look at the people voting Fit right now because I really don't like how many votes he has already.

Pmom - claimed miller and only setup spec in their posts. No explanation for vote but it wasn't a bandwagon, since it looks like it was the first vote. I don't think any of their individual posts are really scummy, but I am a little suspicious because it feels to me like scum are steering the discussion to focus on setup spec. Pmom explicitly told people not to post their roles, but didn't make any other cases or content for people to discuss other than the setup spec, so I could see a more seasoned player making a reverse psychology play.

Exakt Science - Unless there is some joke or reference I am not getting I don't see why you would think Abyssal Squid was lying about their flavor, since there are plenty of fruits with peels. Curent vote isn't pinging me as scummy since they did ask Fits for a more detailed case and didn't get one, so I could see a newbie town voting someone for that.

Hiipfire - I think his confusion about the mass claiming is genuine so I am feeling him for town. His vote is OMGUS but I have seen him do that recently in other games.

Abyssal Squid - I really don't like his vote its lazy.

Met - Pretty much nothing but role fishing which is super scummy.

The only other people I have any opinion on so far are Science of Suck (having two people with sos abbreviations is going to be terrible btw) and 100.

Science of Suck - I think is scummy because he put down a bandwagon vote on Exact Science's case against Squid for the whole peel thing; that vote to me looks like opportunistic scum trying to get on a lynch early.

100 - feels town to me. Mostly gut but he did question the case on Fits.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The case against fits:
-Claims he's not reading his role PM
-Made a really contrived vote on Hiip, with the reasoning that Hiip expressing astonishment at a mass-claim was scummy.

The second point directly goes to behaviour you think is scummy in the game - trying to create an atmosphere in which not immediately claiming is suspicious.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I understand the case against Fits. I would like for him to explain himself. I don't like that he is at -2 when there are 3 days left for D1, and if he were to get lynched there would be almost nothing for town to look back at for D1 content, and scum might have more info about role/flavor connections which could help them kill a PR on N1.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Its Day 1. Someone needed to stir up discussion instead of having incredibly boring arguments about what counts as a fruit. Unless straight bandwagoning the first person to do anything thats not a non-committal white noise post is en vogue these days.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

Its Day 1. Someone needed to stir up discussion instead of having incredibly boring arguments about what counts as a fruit. Unless straight bandwagoning the first person to do anything thats not a non-committal white noise post is en vogue these days.

That's great, Champ.

What fruit are you?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Met posted:

##vote fits

Time to spill the beans if you want to survive this day.

Is there some part of "reading role PMs is for suckers" that does not make sense to you :nsa:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

Is there some part of "reading role PMs is for suckers" that does not make sense to you :nsa:

It's posts like that that will get you lynched.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Met posted:

Thats cute. Lets do this instead.

##unvote
##vote Met

Who the gently caress tries to push a massclaim out of everyone, Day 1?. That's ridiculous. No, "but it's only a flavour claim" isn't acceptable.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, I was first to claim a flavor that wasn't counter-claimed. Not only that, one of the most common fruits and would have a very high chance of being counter-claimed if I was full of it. You can sleep soundly tonight knowing I'm what I claim.

I'm not asking for abilities. Just flavor to catch people claiming things other people can counter.

Your style, on the other hand, has you two votes from death. Perhaps you should rethink your strategy and give me a fruit.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
You do realize we've been saying that claiming fruit can also reveal your role right?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Name a fruit that would be a tracker. Bulletproof. Doctor.

It's a crapshoot. There are easy benefits for mass-claiming flavor that outweigh the chance of a blueberry cop.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Common fruit get claimed like Orange, Lime, Pear, Grape.

Then some weirdo comes in with Durian in an attempt to claim something that someone won't counterclaim. Bam, easy scum lynch.

Alternatively, someone claims banana and then someone counter-claims. Now you know one of the two is scum.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Its not uncommon for scum to get fakeclaims from the mod.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll take that bet in this particular game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Met posted:

Doctor.

acai berry

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

or half a dozen more common fruits that make just as much sense.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

just stop

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
perhaps of interest: the mod death flipped jicama which isn't common. my fruit also isn't common

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
fits not reading his pm or claiming or whatever isn't enough imo

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
also i'm dumb and thought squid made the banana gun comment but it was hiipfire

##unvote

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
also doubting that there are fakeclaims doesn't mean poo poo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you guys want to play it the hard way, then have fun. A bunch of fruit were already claimed though so not going full hog at this point gets us the worst of both worlds.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sorry for not wanting to reveal my role

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

Personally I find your hard headnesses more suspect than his laziness. I've seen players forgo reading their PM and just playing however the want, it's not common but it happens. Your argument for claiming flavor is a bit WIFOM too. I get the idea and it seems sound enough, but you shouldn't push everyone so hard, that's what's weird. It comes off like role fishing. If you really had good intents you would understand why people wouldn't want to reveal their flavor.

And yeah fake claims are a real possibility and there's no way you can judge the mod's knowledge or lack of of fruit. There's too many ways your plan has holes in it, we've really haven't figured anything from it, and have perhaps even put some of our power roles in danger so I don't know chill.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
iirc met is a decent mafia player and a trickster from d1, i wouldn't lynch him today

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Met posted:

Yeah, I was first to claim a flavor that wasn't counter-claimed. Not only that, one of the most common fruits and would have a very high chance of being counter-claimed if I was full of it. You can sleep soundly tonight knowing I'm what I claim.

I'm not asking for abilities. Just flavor to catch people claiming things other people can counter.

Your style, on the other hand, has you two votes from death. Perhaps you should rethink your strategy and give me a fruit.

Not only are mod-given fake fruit claims a probable thing, but if flavour has no correlation to role, then it is meaningless. Who died and made you Met, Protector of Townies, Destroyer of Fruitclaims.

You're making a big riot about flavour claiming, which at best useless, and at worst pro-scum for giving them potential setup information, in what feels like a really contrived method to look pro-town. "Hey I was first to claim and not be counter-claimed" is not sudden bulletproof evidence you're town.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
I don't think it's reasonable for fits to have so many votes for so little reason so i think there is scum there

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
lol why can't I quit you
##vote squid

worst vote on fits imo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
3 of Mets first 4 posts

Met posted:

I lied about bed. Had a snack instead and now I'm amped.

Whose up for a flavor reveal? I'm still an Orange.

Met posted:

I don't see a reason not to claim your flavor role.

Met posted:

I don't know. There's a lot of possible roles for townies. I think it's safe enough to reveal our flavor roles without spoiling any power roles and it will make it that much easier to compare/contrast and maybe catch someone claiming something someone else already has.

In what has specifically been marketed as a newbie game, right from the starting gun pushing everyone to claim

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really don't like how Met is arguing dishonestly and somewhat incoherently.

"Claim your flavour, it has no alignment to role"
(It is pointed out it does in at least one instance)
"Yeah well I can't think of an incriminating fruit for any other role, claim your flavour"
(An example is pointed out)
"That doesn't matter. Claim your flavour."

##vote met

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He's not actually interested in any responses to his posts, he's just really dead set on bringing it back around to flavour claiming at all costs.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

The case against fits:
-Claims he's not reading his role PM
-Made a really contrived vote on Hiip, with the reasoning that Hiip expressing astonishment at a mass-claim was scummy.

The second point directly goes to behaviour you think is scummy in the game - trying to create an atmosphere in which not immediately claiming is suspicious.

Look at his vote on Hiip versus Squid's vote on Fit:

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm still suspicious of the people being pushy about REVEAL YOUR FRUIT OR ELSE YOU'RE SCUM but as far as I can tell they've all revealed their own fruits so I'm hopping on the fits bandwagon, he's being weird.

##vote fits

Fit's vote is clearly just push vote to get discussion going and poo poo rolling. And if anything he did well because Squid's vote is incredibly scummy.

Sos called it lazy and it is the worst vote on Fit, he clearly just joins the bandwagon, while distancing and supporting the role claim. It was the 4th vote on him pushing him towards the brink of the dangerzone. You can just as easily place Met and Fit on stubborn dumb posts, but this post is just plain scummy.

##vote Abyssal Squid

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I don't think Met's claim that revealing our role flavor will really help us at all, but I'm not at all seeing how it's harmful. Then again, I have a pretty boring role. Maybe people with more exotic roles have fruit/vegetables that make sense with their role?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think Met's claim that revealing our role flavor will really help us at all, but I'm not at all seeing how it's harmful. Then again, I have a pretty boring role. Maybe people with more exotic roles have fruit/vegetables that make sense with their role?

That's just it, they shouldn't make sense. Most mods tend to create flavor and roles and mix them up randomly so you can't just assume someone is a cop because they're flavor is a cop in the source. If anything the tomato miller is a throwaway joke than it is an actual indication that everything aligns like that. But if we assume it isn't then it's INCREDIBLY risk to go out laying out our flavor cause bam, all our power roles are gone.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

In what has specifically been marketed as a newbie game, right from the starting gun pushing everyone to claim

...so? The fact it's a newbie game makes it more likely that flavor that's not assigned was given to the scum. Besides, an orange not being given out is ridiculous. It's one of the three top fruits I think of. I'm having a wonderful time playing the flavor angle because virtually all Mafia games I played before SA Mafia didn't have any flavor angle to play off of.

We already know no one else is going to counter-claim Orange, so explain how I can be scum, claim orange, and orange not being one of the flavors given to the fruit team.

You're latching on me because me playing aggressively gives you an easy target. You've yet to address any concerns related to your scummy behavior, instead opting to throw blame wherever you can make it stick. My vote for you will remain.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

He's not actually interested in any responses to his posts, he's just really dead set on bringing it back around to flavour claiming at all costs.

I'm actually not interested in your posts because if your claim is correct, there's nothing I can learn from you and most of your posts here have been quite negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
met, what do you think about squid? specifically the vote on fits

• Locked thread