Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

I KNOW, WE ARE SAD WE CANT PLAY YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Will be on at around 8am when I get off work gt Clemen69

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I had to start the download all over again :smith:

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

sba posted:

I KNOW, WE ARE SAD WE CANT PLAY YET

is that that gold C-3PO controller from the limited edition star wars 360

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

no it was some random MS branded one that I had to buy because it was the only one my awful Gamestop had in stock when my other one broke

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Naw, that's the transforming d-pad gold controller.

Beauyaka
Aug 16, 2005
!i!i!

Freaquency posted:

I had to start the download all over again :smith:

Same here, went from Day Zero Edition to Maybe Day Two? Edition. An incredible 400KB/s.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Just got back from Gamestop. Surprisingly few neckbeards there. There was one 13 year old with his mom. The rest were just... guys getting their poo poo. I'm sorely disappointed in this area's gamers.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I bought the digital day zero edition on PS4 and pre-installed the game and the update but once I started the game and went to multiplayer it said "installing content" which took about 30 minutes. Okay. Now once I actually got into the multiplayer menu it says "installing content" again at the bottom and the estimate for this one is six hours and keeps wavering back and forth but trending upwards. I can play local play but not online. :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo they altered reloading, you lose the whole mag now if you reload early. :stare:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Gothmog1065 posted:

Just got back from Gamestop. Surprisingly few neckbeards there. There was one 13 year old with his mom. The rest were just... guys getting their poo poo. I'm sorely disappointed in this area's gamers.

I'll maintain that the goons who post about literally hiding in their car to avoid waiting in line for a few minutes with some "weird" people are 10x worse.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Previous Jesus posted:

I bought the digital day zero edition on PS4 and pre-installed the game and the update but once I started the game and went to multiplayer it said "installing content" which took about 30 minutes. Okay. Now once I actually got into the multiplayer menu it says "installing content" again at the bottom and the estimate for this one is six hours and keeps wavering back and forth but trending upwards. I can play local play but not online. :negative:

Should have got it on disc.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Alteisen posted:

Oh poo poo they altered reloading, you lose the whole mag now if you reload early. :stare:

Someone said its only if you double tap reload.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
My xbone says queued then will say installing for a few seconds then go back to queued - rinse and repeat. Should I be worried it isn't installing properly? Can't recall any other installs doing this - it usually switches to installing and I can see the progress on the home screen.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Therapist posted:

My xbone says queued then will say installing for a few seconds then go back to queued - rinse and repeat. Should I be worried it isn't installing properly? Can't recall any other installs doing this - it usually switches to installing and I can see the progress on the home screen.

I read this on a bunch of other sites. Apparently if you preloaded it on Xbone and it's stuck on 'updating/installing' at 100%, you're boned and have to redownload the whole thing again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

The download progress bar you see on a PS4 is to be able to launch the title. Sometimes there's very little you can actually do with that.

To see the real progress press the Option button on the game tile and check the Information.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
"Press "O" to 'Oh No my Best Friend!""

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Parabolic microphone, even silenced weapons aren't safe anymore. :getin:

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I read this on a bunch of other sites. Apparently if you preloaded it on Xbone and it's stuck on 'updating/installing' at 100%, you're boned and have to redownload the whole thing again.

This is a hard copy.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there a PSN group or anything for this on PS4? I decided to pick it up after not having played a CoD game much since MW2.

I will say the gameplay's taking me a bit to get used to after BF4 & Destiny. The jumping and sliding and whatnot is kinda cool. Also maybe it's just the maps or something else, but this is by far the shittiest looking game I've played on PS4. Do you have to turn on higher graphics or something?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Multiplayer is loving nuts but it's a lot of fun, it feels like playing an older CoD with noclip cheats on

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Alteisen posted:

One of the many poo poo things.

Savenger unlocks at rank 30 or so. Enjoy that. I now run scav on every class.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

One of the many poo poo things.

Savenger unlocks at rank 30 or so. Enjoy that. I now run scav on every class.

5 games in and I'm 17 already, somehow I don't think leveling is gonna be an issue. :v:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Alteisen posted:

5 games in and I'm 17 already, somehow I don't think leveling is gonna be an issue. :v:

Yeah its not bad with the double XP. Its slows up a lot in the mid twenties.

Scav also gives you max starting ammo.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The download progress bar you see on a PS4 is to be able to launch the title. Sometimes there's very little you can actually do with that.

To see the real progress press the Option button on the game tile and check the Information.

Oh, that's kind of bizarre. I figured I could turn my PS4 off after it said it was done downloading and updating but I guess I should have left it on all day. Oh well. Not a big deal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

Oh, that's kind of bizarre. I figured I could turn my PS4 off after it said it was done downloading and updating but I guess I should have left it on all day. Oh well. Not a big deal.

You can. It will still finish in that state.

The PS4 has an issue with sleep mode right now from 2.0 though. That might be what happened.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

You can. It will still finish in that state.

The PS4 has an issue with sleep mode right now from 2.0 though. That might be what happened.

I turned it actually off, not standby. Does it download stuff when you actually turn it off?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
this poo poo is fun

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Controls are hosed on PC, mouse sensitivity randomly turns itself really high and then back to normal.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Well, I think this game is pretty fun. I base this opinion on one SP mission and TWO.. Yes TWO MP matches. 14/10 will play again.

Quite a few PS4 goons invited me to parties, but sorry dudes I work in 6.5 hours. Tomorrow afternoon tho.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I played the first campaign level and some Combat Readiness matches and... I like it?

Combat Readiness is odd though, there are only set loadouts, both bots and real players are labeled Enemy/Friendly (no names). And no xp. Good as a way to get your feet wet with multi but since it seems you can't practice with custom loadouts I don't see much long term appeal.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
:lol: You DO waste bullets in reloads. This is gonna be devastating to me, someone who reloads after every kill.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

alansmithee posted:

Is there a PSN group or anything for this on PS4? I decided to pick it up after not having played a CoD game much since MW2.

I will say the gameplay's taking me a bit to get used to after BF4 & Destiny. The jumping and sliding and whatnot is kinda cool. Also maybe it's just the maps or something else, but this is by far the shittiest looking game I've played on PS4. Do you have to turn on higher graphics or something?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581206

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just played the first two campaign missions and I kinda dig it. It is like someone surgically removed the super science bits from the Metal Gear games and graphed it to a CoD campaign. I mean, plot itself still is bog standard but but the toys you get to play with make this for me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Previous Jesus posted:

I turned it actually off, not standby. Does it download stuff when you actually turn it off?

No, just standby.

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002
I bought this game

for the PC.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Knifegrab posted:

Controls are hosed on PC, mouse sensitivity randomly turns itself really high and then back to normal.

Uncheck "enhance pointer precision" under the Pointer Options tab of Mouse settings on the control panel. Aiming was super squirrely for me too until I did.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

If anyone on XB1 has the queue and install issue I figured it out - the 250 mb update fucks the game install progress and puts it in a queue/install loop. If given the option to do the update decline, but first uninstall the game and start fresh. Maybe even hard reset the system after taking the disc out and uninstalling to be safe. If you aren't given the option to decline the update, the below article has steps for that.

https://www.gamezone.com/news/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-is-suffering-from-the-installing-queued-error-on-xbox-one

Yay. Off to play cs:go I guess :shrug:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok just played for a while in multi and mannnnn this poo poo feels more like tribes than the cod I remember(and that is good).

Jet dodging jet jumping and turboing and poo poo everywhere and punching people with super suit kinda owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Also got screwed by preloading bug. loving sucks.

Beauyaka posted:

Same here, went from Day Zero Edition to Maybe Day Two? Edition. An incredible 400KB/s.

One thing to try if you are on an Xbone is go into Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear. It will prompt you to restart. Got me from a couple hundred KB/s to ~5.5 MB/s.

• Locked thread