Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Forums Terrorist posted:

If you are a standard archetype you get +15 Infamy and +25 Corruption from the increased starting xp. If you are an advanced archetype you get nothing (since they already grant additional Infamy and Corruption).

The +9 Infamy/+15 corruption is considered in the archetypes, since they're counting the first 3k XP, but we've got another 2k XP on top of that; that puts us 6 infamy and 10 corruption behind everyone else. Shouldn't we just ignore the stuff in the advanced archetypes for the bonuses to corruption and infamy and just everyone take the +15/+25?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne posted:

The +9 Infamy/+15 corruption is considered in the archetypes, since they're counting the first 3k XP, but we've got another 2k XP on top of that; that puts us 6 infamy and 10 corruption behind everyone else. Shouldn't we just ignore the stuff in the advanced archetypes for the bonuses to corruption and infamy and just everyone take the +15/+25?

Actually yeah this is easier. +15 Infamy and +25 Corruption for everyone!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hmm, debating either a Pirate Prince or Night Lord. Will give it some more thought, and something might be up later today. Night Lord's already basically built and so would be easy, but considering something else.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Forums Terrorist posted:

Okay, made those changes. FYI that'll leave me with one mutation at the 20 corruption mark as a marine. Aligned Tzeentch and infamy is 43.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Davik Kalos

A scream echoed in the lightless room. Enshrouded as it was in total darkness nothing could be seen, but if you could it would have been of a huge form, with even larger wings mantled around it, towering over a man chained to the wall. From the figure's taloned right hand, some soft and dripping material clung. "See, you didn't need that Valhallan tattoo anyways, did you, my friend?" With a squishing sound whatever it was holding was dropped on the table behind it and with a metallic clinking something else was picked up. "Now, if you'd only tell me more about your unit, this would be much simpler. I mean, it's not like I'm asking much; I merely want to be a bit more well known in this sector, and they seem perfectly positioned to help me."

A frown crossed his features. "Really, my name was once spoken in hushed whispers and terror across multiple sectors, and it hardly seems fair that simply being missing for a few millennia would cause me to be forgotten, wouldn't you agree? It's not like I asked for some of those damned Raven Guard to banish me to the Warp." A whimper was his only answer. "And right you are! But don't worry. With the help of you and yours I can begin ensuring my reputation again. Perhaps even pass on my regards to their current members..." A wicked grin crossed his lips as he went back to work. "But that's for the future. Now, I'll nicely ask again. Where were the rest of your base patrols?"

Over an hour later, a crackle broke the stillness of the lightless room. "Lord Kalos, your presence is requested on the bridge." Scowling, he turned to look at the speaker. "Fairon, what did I tell you about interrupting me during my sessions. Perhaps you need a reminder?" Though clearly terrified, the voice did still insist. "I, I know milord. But, but it's the...""Fine, I get it! Tell him I'll be there momentarily." Annoyed about being interrupted, but interested in hearing this newest job offer, the Night Lords Chaos Marine Davik Kalos stalked from the room. As the door opened and light filtered into the chamber, a scene of horror was revealed. Though clearly obvious who he'd been "chatting" with, multiple other humans now barely recognizable as Guard were scattered within in various situations as well. In fact, if you were to count you might come up with the exact number of an Imperial scouting patrol... Then the door slammed shut and locked them in darkness once more.

Armor Customization: 1d10 3
pre:
Name: Davik Kalos
Career: Night Lords Chaos Marine
Pride: Grace(+5 AGI, -5 BS)
Disgrace: Betrayal(+5 Corruption, -10 to all Charm attempts)
Motivation: Perfection(+5 WS, -3 BS, -3 PER)
Alignment: Undivided

WS:  60       30 +20 +5[Pride] +5[Advance]
BS:  22       30 +00 -5[Pride] -3[Motivation]
S:   40(60)   30 +05 +5[archetype] +(20[Armor])
T:   40       30 +10
AGI: 60       30 +20 +5[Pride] +5[Advance]
INT: 40       30 +10
PER: 40       30 +10
WIL: 50       30 +15 +5[archetype]
FEL: 37       30 +10 -3[Motivation]
INF: 40

Wounds: 20(15+1d5(5))
IP: 4
Corruption:30  25 +5[Disgrace]

Skills:
Acrobatics[AGI]
Athletics[STR]
Awareness +10[PER]
Commerce[INT]
Common Lore(War)[INT]
Common Lore(Imperial Guard)[INT]
Deceive[FEL]
Dodge +10[AGI]
Forbidden Lore(Adeptus Astartes)[INT]
Forbidden Lore(Heresy)[INT]
Forbidden Lore(The Horus Heresy and the Long War)[INT]
Intimidate +10[STR]
Interrogation[WIL]
Linguistics(Low Gothic)
Navigate(Surface)[INT]
Operate(Aeronautica)[AGI]
Operate(Surface)[AGI]
Parry[WS]
Stealth[AGI]
Trade(Armourer)[INT]
Tech-Use[INT]

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Counter Attack
Excessive Wealth
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Heightened Senses(Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Paranoia
Pity the Weak
Quick Draw
Raptor
Resistance(Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Sure Strike
Swift Attack
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:
Amphibious
Flier(14)
Multiple Arms(3)
Unnatural Strength(+4)
Unnatural Toughness(+4)
Dark Sight

Special Abilities:
Spectral Haunter
Terror Tactics

Gifts of the Gods:
-Winged
-Additional Limb(Left Arm)

Equipment:
Legion Power Armor
  -Horns customization
  -Sustainable Power Source
  -Enhanced Ceramite Plating
  -Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
1 Legion Bolt Pistol
  - 4 magazines
1 Legion Combat Knife
1 Legion Power Sword
2 Legion frag grenades
1 melta-bomb

Acquisitions:
1st & 2nd: Good-Craftmanship Lightning Claw
3rd: Infernal Star
4th: Best-Craftmanship Legion Heavy Flamer

Experience Spent: 5500/5500
-Advanced Archetype   3600

-Simple STR(K)        250
-Simple AGI(U)        250

-Interrogation(U)     200
-Trade(Armourer)(U)   200

-Swift Attack(K)      500
-Pity the Weak(K)     250
-Excessive Wealth(S)  250

Alignment:
Khorne:   3
Slaanesh: 1
Nurgle:   0
Tzeentch: 0

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 6, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Forums Terrorist posted:

Okay I can make that change. But for the Archetypes that get 1d5+15 or 1d10+15, do we do that as 1d5+25 or 1d10+25, or do we just take the straight 25? It seems like those Archetypes are supposed to be more Corrupt than the other Archetypes.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

replace the +15cor/+9inf with +25cor/+15inf

It's that simple.

All this means is add +10 to your current corruption score and 6 to your infamy score, and you are done.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

FireSight posted:

replace the +15cor/+9inf with +25cor/+15inf

It's that simple.

All this means is add +10 to your current corruption score and 6 to your infamy score, and you are done.

He's talking about the ones (primarily psykers) where it's 1d10+15 corruption, where others are just +15. The Sorcerer King is a good example of this; it's to reflect the corruption they'd get from perils and poo poo like that.

I'd say roll the 1d10 and add it to the 25, but that's up to Forums Terrorist.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 3, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I rolled a dice and it said no, so just use the flat corruption.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Originally a member of the Mechanicus's Explorator fleets, a lack of oversight by his superiors and an overwhelming curiosity slowly damned the eventual heretek Manus. Where most of his kind became obsessed with technology or forbidden secrets and experiments, Manus's lure came from his desire of the perfection of self. When it seemed cybernetics could not achieve this on their own, the heretek turned to the Warp, seeking to use its infinite power to augment his own abilities.

Somehow, possibly due to the Dark Gods' blessings, Manus has infused his body with the power of the warp and survived. Unfortunately, he is still far from perfect, and his raiding of other hereteks' supplies and experiment notes eventually brought unwelcome attention on his head from a powerful dark magos. Despite being cast into the warp for his trespasses, it seems the Dark Gods have again intervened, which has strengthened his resolve for his quest to perfection.

pre:
Name: Manus
Archetype: Heretek (+5 Int)
Pride: Martial Prowess (+5 WS, -5 Int)
Disgrace: Greed (+4 Corruption, -10 to Commerce Tests)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 to one, -3 to two)

Alignment: Unaligned
Khorne: 8
Nurgle: 0
Slaanesh: 4
Tzeentch: 0

Characteristics:
WS:  50 (25+15)+5[Pride]+5[Simple]
BS:  22 (25+5)-3[Motivation]
S:   50 (25+15)+10[Intermediate]
T:   40 (25+10)+5[Motivation]
Ag:  40 (25+15)
Int: 40 (25+15)
Per: 22 (25+5)-3[Motivation]
WP:  35 (25+10)
Fel: 40 (25+10)+5[Simple]

Wounds: 17
Corruption: 29
Infamy: 40
Infamy Points: 3/3

Skills:
Charm
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Koronus Expanse, Screaming Vortex, Tech)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Logic
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Tech-Use+10
Trade (Armorer)

Talents:
Armor-Monger
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Crippling Strike
Crushing Blow
Die Hard
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Furious Assault
Hammer Blow
Hard Target
Iron Jaw
Maglev Transcendence
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Meditation
Technical Knock
Unarmed Master
Unarmed Warrior
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)

Traits:
Dark Sight
The Quick and the Dead (Page 50)
Mechanicus Implants (Page 144)

Gifts of the Gods:
Tail (Page 297)
Wreathed in Chaos (Page 298)

Gear:
Light Power Armor*
-Careful Maintenance
-Auto-Senses
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Vox Link
-Magnetised Boot Soles
-Sustainable Power Source

Light Power Armor History: http://orokos.com/roll/229987

Best Lascarbine [2x Magazines]
Common Power Axe
Light Carapace Armor
Refractor Field *
Good Skeletal Petrifaction
Good Servo Arm
Maglev Coils
Utility Mechadendrite
4x Doses of Barrage [Tome of Excess, page 41]*
Injector*
Litagure Oils
Combi-Tool
Dataslate

Advances: 5,900/6,000
Unarmed Warrior [250]
Unarmed Master [500]
Furious Assault [500]
Crushing Blow [750]
Maglev Transcendence [500]
Charm [200]
Parry [200]
Fel Simple [250]
S Simple [250]
Hard Target [500]
S Intermediate [500]
WS Simple [250]
Crippling Strike [500]
Hammer Blow [750]

Astus fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 6, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Are we using lame BC marks or can we use the baller as gently caress Only War Enemies of the Imperium Marks noted on page 120 of that book cause why the gently caress not! Here they are btw in a nutshell.

quote:

Mark of Khorne: Gain the Berserk Charge, Frenzy, and Resistance (Psychic Powers) Talent.
Gain the Brutal Charge (4) and Unnatural Strength (4) Trait. If you have Unnatural Strength 4 bump it up by 2.

Mark of Tzeentch: Gain the Psyker Trait, a Psy Rating of 4, and the Unnatural Willpower 4 Trait. Recipients count as Unbound psykers.
If you already have a psy rating or unnatural willpower trait, bump either or both of those up by 2. You also gain any psychic powers that I deem appropriate based on what you already have.

Mark of Nurgle: Increase wounds by 10, gain the Stuff of Nightmares and Unnatural Toughness 4 traits. If you already have Unnatural Toughness 4, bump that up by 2.

Mark of Slaanesh: Gain Heightened Senses (All) for all Senses you possess, Unnatural Agility 4 and Unnatural Fellowship 4. If you already posses either of these bump them up by 2.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

No.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Getting those Only War marks would be just a bit nuts, considering that those are principally meant to boost the power of select antagonists. (Otherwise the Psyker in my IRL game would be telling people to go gently caress themselves with stupid-powerful Bolts of Change all day long.) As they stand the existing marks are still pretty useful, and if you know what you're doing it's very easy to beeline for them by buying advances in the proper order. (The same psyker managed to get his Mark of Tzeentch by picking up all but one Forbidden Lore; after he got aligned they only cost 100 XP each.)

Somewhat on topic, though, I'd like to request two Gifts of the Gods rolls for Infamy 40, aligned with Nurgle.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Getting those Only War marks would be just a bit nuts, considering that those are principally meant to boost the power of select antagonists. (Otherwise the Psyker in my IRL game would be telling people to go gently caress themselves with stupid-powerful Bolts of Change all day long.) As they stand the existing marks are still pretty useful, and if you know what you're doing it's very easy to beeline for them by buying advances in the proper order. (The same psyker managed to get his Mark of Tzeentch by picking up all but one Forbidden Lore; after he got aligned they only cost 100 XP each.)

Somewhat on topic, though, I'd like to request two Gifts of the Gods rolls for Infamy 40, aligned with Nurgle.

Agreed but it was worth a shot!

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Gonna roll up a Frost Father.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm all set, other than Gifts of the Gods (edited everything into my earlier character post).

Two Gifts of Tzeentch, please. Infamy 40.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Same.

Two gifts, aligned to slaanesh, infamy 40.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Isaiah the Marked

When once asked if he had lusted for anything or anyone during his winter campaign, he merely ripped open the man who questioned him and yelled at the top of his lungs 'BLOOD!' This was answer enough to anyone who dared question his prowess as both a warrior and a devotee of the Lord of Battle. As he battled, fewer and fewer things were worthy of his blade, until one day, the Blood God saw fit to hurl him into the Immaterium, for he his potential was being squandered. He was fortunate enough to land on this frozen waste of a planet, every campaign here would be a winter campaign on Xur, every drop of blood for his God, every skull cleaved from its body for his Throne. He could taste his apotheosis. He was ready.

pre:
Name: Isaiah the Marked
Archetype: Xurunt Frost Father
Pride: Martial Prowess +5 WS -5 IN
Disgrace: Betrayal +5 Corruption -10 Charm
Motivation: Violence +5 Corruption -3 IN
Alignment: Khorne

Stats:
WS:60 = 25 +20 +5 +5 +5
BS:25
ST:60 = 25 +20 +5 +5 +5
TN:50 = 25 +20 +5 
AG:50 = 25 +20 +5
IN:17 = 25 - 8 
PE:25
WP:48 = 25 +20 +3
FP:28 = 25 +3 
Infamy:40 
Corruption:35 = 25 + 10
Wounds 16
Infamy Points 4

Skills:
Athletics +10
Awareness
Intimidate +10
Command +10
Common Lore (Xurunt)
Dodge +10
Parry +10
Linguistics (Xurish)
Navigate Surface
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Stealth
Survival +10

Talents:
Air of Authority
Swift Attack
Berserk Charge
Catfall
Combat Master
Takedown
Frenzy
Furious Assault
Greater Minion of Chaos
Sure Strike
Hardy
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Peer (Xur)
Pity the Weak
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold,Fear,Psychic Powers)
Weapon Training (Primary, SP)
Greater Minion of Chaos (Xurunsh)

Traits:
Unnatural Strength (3)
Brutal Charge
Fear (1) 2 to enemy warriors

Gear:
Best Craftsmanship Sword (Mono)
Good lance-goad
Good Bow +30 mono arrows
Beast Fur
8 Trophy Skulls
Power Sword
Talax Hide Armor
Synthmuscle
Black Blood

Advances: 6000/6000
Frost Father (4600xp)

Simple WS (100)
Simple Strength (100)
Simple Toughness (250)
Simple Agility (250)
Weapon Training (Power) (250)
Intermediate Strength (250)
Parry +10 (200)
Mark of Khorne (0)
Darksoul (0)
Acquisitions:
Common Craftsmanship Power Sword -20 +10 for single
Common Talax Hide Armor -10 +10 for single
Common Synthmuscle -10 +10 for single
Common Black Blood -20 +10 for single

Minion one: Xurunsh

pre:
WS:40
BS:12
ST:45
TN:45
AG:25
IN:15
PE:20
WP:15
FP:10

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness

Talents:
Fearless

Traits:
Brutal Charge
Unnatural Strength (4)
Unnatural Toughness (2)
Natural Armor (3)
Size (Enormous)
Stampede 

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 5, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

You flubbed both Infamy checks, so for your first mutation you've a choice of Emaciated, Eye of Chaos, Eye-stalks, Centauroid, or Featureless Face. For your second mutation you can choose from Addiction, Animal Hybrid, Bestial, or Wreathed in Chaos.

Thanatosian posted:

Two Gifts of Tzeentch, please. Infamy 40.

You also flubbed both checks, so for your first mutation you can choose one of Nerveless Ennui, Pervasive Miasma, Projectile Attack, Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, or Strange Voice. For your second you can pick from Additional Limb, Strange Walk or Tail.

Jolinaxas posted:

Two gifts, aligned to slaanesh, infamy 40.

You actually passed both yours! You get a Daemonic Name and One Thousand And One Senses.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Cruven, the Sword-Hand

Like many of his compatriots, Cruven is a cunning sorcerer who seeks the answer to his chapter's curse, to return those who were once ash to flesh so they may once again serve in their fullest of capacity. To this end, he schemes and works with those who he would deem his lesser, simply on the off chance of recovering some ancient scrap of knowledge that would further his arcane studies. In his pursuit of such knowledge, he has lost his arm to the Loyalists, and has found himself gifted with a cyst with a mind of its own.

Archetype: Thousand Sons Sorcerer
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Greed
Motivation: Arcane

WS 30+10
BS 30
S 30+10-5-3
T 30+10
Ag 30+10
Int 30+10+2+5
Per 30+10
WP 30+5+20+10
Fel 30+5+20+5
Inf: 40

Wounds: 20/20
Corruption: 35

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (Choose Two)
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Pirates)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Command
Scrutiny
Forbidden Lore (Psykers, Warp, Inquisition, Adeptes Astartes)
Logic
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Occult, Legend, Imperial Warrants, Tactica Imperialis)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison, Psychic Powers)
Unarmed Warrior
Psy Rating (x4)
Ancient Warrior
Strong Minded
Mimic
Warp Sense
Minion of Chaos - Rubric Marine

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Psyker
Unnatural Willpower (+2)
Rubric of Ahriman

Gear:
Legion Bolt Pistol
Force Sword
two clips of Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts
Talisman of Tzeentch
Legionnaire Power Armour
Legionnaire Bolter
Legionnaire Combat Knife

Special:
Rubric of Ahriman: Long ago, the Sorcerer Ahriman sought to rid his Legion of mutations; though the Legion was destroyed, many of the Legion’s Sorcerers attained greater degrees of power and control over their abilities. Thousand Sons Sorcerers gain Unnatural Willpower (2) (listed above) and may roll an additional die when forced to roll on the Perils of the Warp table, discarding whichever one he chooses to get a more favourable result. This Unnatural Willpower bonus does not count towards the character’s maximum Psy Rating.

Gifts:
Intelligent Cyst
Limb Loss (arm)

Powers:
Boon of Tzeentch
Doombolt
Foul Cage
Gift of Chaos
Gholam Curse
Mantle of Lies
Echo of Malice

Acquisitons:
Cybernetic arm

Advances: 5500/5500
Thousand Sons Sorcerer 3600
Gholam Curse 300
Mantle of Lies 200
Echo of Malice 400
Int+5 200
WP+10 300
Minion of Chaos 500

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 6, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Forums Terrorist posted:

You also flubbed both checks, so for your first mutation you can choose one of Nerveless Ennui, Pervasive Miasma, Projectile Attack, Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, or Strange Voice. For your second you can pick from Additional Limb, Strange Walk or Tail.
For certain definitions of "flub," I suppose. That ended up pretty great for me.

I'll take Slayer Limb and attach my Howler Rifle to it, and Additional Limb for an extra arm.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
I also need two rolls for Gifts, and my Heretek is Unaligned so I don't think my 40 infamy matters.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Astus posted:

I also need two rolls for Gifts, and my Heretek is Unaligned so I don't think my 40 infamy matters.

It does, because you can change the roll by your Infamy bonus.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

For your first mutation you can choose from Animal Hybrid, Bestial, Blood Substitution, Strange Walk, Tail, or Tentacle; for your second you can pick from Additional Limb, Strange Walk, Tail, Tentacle, Vampiric Addiction, Warp-Touched, Warpsight, or Wreathed in Chaos.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Also, Thanatosian, Unaligned advances are always allied, so you might want to redo your xp expenditure.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Forums Terrorist posted:

Also, Thanatosian, Unaligned advances are always allied, so you might want to redo your xp expenditure.

Sweet Jesus.

Okay, that didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would; losing the second-tier attribute advances suck, but I think I'll be okay. Concept still seems to work.

Lipton Iced Soup
Sep 4, 2011

Menacing

quote:

Name: Alberich
Archetype: Noise Marine
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Legacy

A Marine with an unnatural obsession with material wealth and all things he perceives as valuable. Alberich would be more at home stealing from the vaults of mighty fortresses rather than butchering their defenders. During the height of the great crusades Alberich would find himself filling crates full of ancient art and metal works off to secret storage facilities and safe houses to ensure that only he would be allowed to appreciate and covet them. His service to Slaanesh ultimately changed little, save for the targets of his thefts. Instead of stealing from unconquered governments and strongholds he now finds himself stealing from daemons and the servants of the false emperor.
Alignment: Slaanesh
Khorne: 0
Nurgle: 0
Slaanesh: 4
Tzeentch: 1

Characteristics:
WS (40)
BS (55)
S (40)
T (45)
Ag (40)
Int (31) (+5 Simple)
Per (60)
Wp (40)
Fel (35)

Wounds: 21
Infamy: 44
Infamy Points: 4/4
Corruption: 25

Inventory:
Legionnaire Power Armour (Chain Loinguard)(Sustainable Power Source, Auto Senses 175, Vox Link, Vac-Sealed)
Conversion Field (Best Quality)
Legionnaire Bolter Basic Range (100m) S/3/– 1d10+9X Pen (4) Clip (24) Rld (Full) Tearing
Best Quality Legionnaire Power Sword (Storm Field Pg 170) 1d10+6 E Pen (6) (Power Field, Balanced)
Sonic blaster Basic 100m S/2/4 1d10+9 Energy Pen (4)
Best Quality Legion Plasma Pistol (Pain Vents, 40) (Soul Sight) Pistol Range (30m) S/2/– 1d10+10E Pen (8) Clip (12) Rld( 3Full) (Maximal)
10 Hallucinogen Grenades
2 Legion frag grenades
2 Legion krak grenades.

Talents:
Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Crack Shot (+2 Ranged Crit Damage) (xp Tzeentch)
Deadeye Shot
Excessive Wealth (Xp, Slanesh)
Exotic Weapon (Sounds Blaster)
Hip Shooting
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Light Sleeper
Leap Up (Xp, Slanesh)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Mimic
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold,Heat, Poisons)
Rapid Reload (Xp, Slanesh)
Radiant Presence (xp, Slenesh)
Sharpshooter
Training (Sonic Blaster)
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness (+10)
Dodge (+10)
Parry
Deceive
Intimidate
Interrogation
Common Lore (War)
Common Lore (Calixis Sector)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Daemonology)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)

Mutation:
Vampiric Addiction (Brains)

Special Abilities:
Intoxicating Uproar
Dread Wail

And my lesser minion

quote:

Minion One
Name: Harken The Cook
Loyalty: 50
Harken found himself under the employ of Alberich after he learned of the Chaos Marines immense wealth and taste for more forbidden and “exotic” meals.

Characteristics
Half Move: 1 Full Move: 2 Charge: 4 Run: 8
Wounds (4)
WS (1)
BS (13)
S (15)
T (10)
Ag (10)
Int (30)
Per (15)
Wp (5)
Fel (1)

Skills
Language (Low Gothic)
Trade Cook
Forbidden Lore (Medicae)
Commerce
Tech-Use

Talents
Unremarkable
Weapon Training (SP)
Total Recall
Sound Constitution (x2)
Traits
Sycophant (Loyalty +15)
Hoverer (6)
Sturdy

Inventory
Assault Shotgun Basic 30m S/3/– 1d10+4 I 0 12 2 Full Scatter 5.5kg Scarce
Light Flak Cloak Arms, (Body Legs 2) 4 kg
Good Quality Alcohol
Hooka

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne - Keraun the Stormbearer; Khorne Berserker; Khorne
Hukhukhuk - <BLANK>; Xurunt Frost Father; Khorne

Ryuujin - Xylophysx, Sorcerer-King; Writhing World Sorcerer-King; Nurgle
MaliciousOnion - Aegrotitas; Plague Marine; Nurgle

Jolinaxas - Aubray Thrace, Ghibelline Sellsword; Renegade; Slaanesh
Waci - Aldenir Evren; Pirate Prince; Slaanesh
Lipton Iced Soup - Alberich, Noise Marine; Slaanesh
simsense cumshots - Flint Ironstag; Veteran of the Long War; Slaanesh

John Dyne - Cruven, the Sword-Hand; Thousand Sons Sorcerer; Tzeentch
Kai Tave - Xerxes Nazramanthus, 12th Plume High Magister Superium of Surgub (Temporarily Displaced); Q'Sal Magister Immaterial; Tzeentch
Werix - Anodesien the Siege-Breaker; Veteran of the Long War; Tzeentch
Thanatosian - Mulgula, Layer of Ambushes; Chosen; Tzeentch

Firesight - Araknova, Seeker of the Forms; Idolitrex Magos of Forge Polix; Unaligned
frajaq - Jarlunek; Dark Apostle; Unaligned
Astus - Manus; Heretek; Unaligned
Lord Koth - Davik Kalos; Night Lord; Unaligned

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 4, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Unless my math is wrong (and you should totally double-check), I am Tzeentch-aligned.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah, math checks out.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Funny enough, while I was looking for pictures of a Heretek one of the results that popped up was MGR Raiden.
Also, I've spent the XP with the expectation that I'd only get aligned discounts/surcharges after chargen was over, given what the sidebar on page 47 of BC says. ("If this puts their Corruption Points above one of the Alignment or Mutation Thresholds, they should spend all starting Experience before checking Alignment and roll any Mutations last.")

Magos Judith
Magos Judith of Forge Castir was known for two things. One, being highly adept at all things connected to science and learning. The usual Dark Mechanicus business, really. Two, for having absolutely zero social graces and always wanting to get her way. Thankfully, for a time the first quality tended to make up for the second - so long as she was doing what she wanted to do (sometimes enforced by the muzzle of her autocannon, Slayer-of-Assyrians) Judith would tend to work on her own things.

Personally, Judith's interests in the Ruinous Powers tended towards Nurgle; she'd always been fascinated by the Lord of All's focus on the cycles of life and death. Truth be told, the Hollows supported little native ecology, but the Mechmoor was a place that made Judith smile with its endless wheel of decay and rebirth. It seemed truly a monument to the inevitability of Nurgle.

More practically, Judith's interest in Nurgle would lead her to summon the occasional Plaguebearer to give servitude on this or that project. (Most often the service would be of advice, but the Magos was not opposed to, well, greasing the mills.) And so given her brusque attitude it was perhaps inevitable that eventually she would offend one too many demons.

The ritual circle had seemed perfect, but evidently there was some small and overlooked flaw. If not for the circumstances it might be a trifling thing. And so this particular Plaguebearer had grabbed its unfortunate summoner and taken her back to its boss, in the Warp. Daemons, after all, may not like hierarchy but are more accepting of it from other daemons.

"Heretek, if you are going to cavort so flagrantly with my kind you had best be wary. I understand that you are still in the graces of Grandfather Nurgle, so offing you would be out of the question. Yet your recent transgressions cannot go unanswered. There exists a project of...mutual importance for you in the Imperium - to corrupt a choice mining world in the Calixis Sector, which you have doubtless heard of. The Great Unclean One chuckled, both menacing and kindly. You still have many things to learn, and one such facet is how to be a team player. Understand, mortal?

pre:
Name: Magos Judith
Career: Heretek
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Perfection
Alignment: Unaligned -> Nurgle

Characteristics:
WS:  22 (25 +  0) [-3 Motivation]
BS:  50 (25 + 20) [+5 Advance]
S:   40 (25 + 10) [+5 Advance]
T:   60 (25 + 20) [+5 Motivation] [+10 Advance]
Ag:  30 (25 +  5)
Int: 65 (25 + 20) [+5 Career] [+5 Pride] [+10 Advance]
Per: 35 (25 + 10) [-5 Pride] [+5 Disgrace]
WP:  35 (25 + 12) [-2 Disgrace]
Fel: 25 (25 +  3) [-3 Motivation]

Wounds 20/20 [-1 Disgrace] [+4 Talents]
Infamy 40
IP: 4/4
CP: 26 [+1 Cold Hearted]

Skills:
*Awareness
*Commerce
Common Lore (All)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Logic
*Medicae
*Operate (Voidship)
Scholastic Lore (All)
*Security
Tech-Use +10
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:
Armour-Monger
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Die Hard
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
*Infused Knowledge
Iron Jaw
Lightning Reflexes
Mechadendrite Training (Utility, *Weapon)
*Sound Constitution x4
Technical Knock
Total Recall
Weapon Training (Las, Plasma, Primary, Shock, *SP)

Traits:
Binary Chatter
(Gift) Centauroid
Machine (4)
Mechanicus Implants
The Quick and the Dead
(Gift) Wreathed in Chaos

Gear:
(A)Light Power Armour
  Power Armour: 1d10 8
  7 All, Devotional Iconography (Nurgle)
  Auto-senses
  Vox-Link
  Sustainable Power Source
(A)M34 Autocannon
  Noxious Discharge [Discharges smoke in 1m radius when fired]
  Poor Craftsmanship
  Legacy Weapon - Upgraded to Common Craftsmanship [+2 Damage/Pen]
  Legacy of Slaughter [+20 to attack after killing another, non-lethal ammunition is Unreliable]
  Merciless Pattern
    Merciless Pattern: 1d10 9 (+/-4)
  Massacre [Devastating (2)]
(A)Mechanicus Assimilation x4
(A)Dendrite Blade x4
GC Cerebral Implants
GC Skeletal Petrification
BC Lascarbine
GC Great Weapon (Greataxe)
Light Carapace Armour
Ligature Oils
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Optical Mechadendrite
Lumenin Capacitors

XP Spent     6000/6000
Sound Constitution x4            [1000] [4N]
Infused Knowledge                 [750] [T]
Lightning Reflexes                [250] [S]
Toughness +5/+10                  [750] [2N]
Ballistic Skill +5                [250] [U]
Security +0                       [200] [U]
Operate (Voidship) +0             [200] [U]
Weapon Training (SP)              [250] [U]
Commerce +0                       [200] [U]
Medicae +0                        [200] [N]
Intelligence +5/+10               [750] [U]
Mechadendrite Use (Utility)       [500] [U]  
Awareness +0                      [200] [U]
Strength +5                       [250] [K]
Disturbing Voice                  [250] [N]
Intimidate +0                     [200] [N]
Combat Formation                  [250] [T]

Alignment Advances:
Khorne: 1
Nurgle: 9
Slaanesh: 1
Tzeentch: 2
Edit 11/6: Added Combat Formation, realized I did the math wrong on Int.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 6, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey FT, will get my apostate posted after work today. sorry for the delays man.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Today's the deadline, so :frogsiren:any entries put forward after 6 PM EST will be disregarded:frogsiren:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Actually, Forums Terrorist, before I finalize my mutations choice: what's your reading on how Two-Weapon Fighting interacts with Multiple Arms (3)? Do you get the extra attack (since most things in this game round up)? And does a Slayer Limb that's a Basic weapon require two "hands" (presumably, the limb and another hand)?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Victoria, Priestess of the Blood God

None were more surprised than her.

It had been glorious up to that point, liberated slaves turning on their masters, blood in the street, the flames of revolution sweeping the planet...and then her message of cooperation, alliance, and discipline amoung the cells turned into a peaceful resolution.

Victoria was not used to things NOT ending in blood. Having lead a revolt and escape of her fellow gladiator-slaves from the pits of Kurst, she knew the Blood God understood that peace only comes when all that opposed you lay dead on the ground. And here they were, these maltreated, abused Imperial serfs, yearning to breathe free (and also murder the poo poo out of their bosses) civilly discussing their differences! Foremost amoung them: that shitstirrer in bright red has got to go.

Going down in a pile of corpses, as literally everyone on the planet tried to kill her, must have mollified Khorne's disappointment and rage somehow, because here she stands. This time she will not, cannot fail. The drums of red revolution beat yet again.

pre:
NAME:       
ARCHETYPE:  Apostate
PRIDE:      Charm (+5 Fellowship, –5 Toughness)
DISGRACE:   Hubris (+2 infamy, -4 Int)
MOTIVATION: Perfection (+5 Fel -3 BS -3 Per
ALIGNMENT:  Khorne

Weapon Skill:    50     25 + 20 +5xp
Ballistic Skill: 29     25 + +2 -3perf+5exp 
Strength:        50     25 + 15 +10exp
Toughness:       40     25 + 15 -5charm +5xp
Agility:         40     25 + 10 +5exp
Intelligence:    31     25 + 10 -4hubris
Perception:      30     25 + 8  -3 Perf
Willpower:       30     25 + 0  +5xp
Fellowship:      60     25 + 20 +5apostate+5charm+5perfection

Wounds:  14 
Infamy: 42
Corruption: 25

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Charm +10
Command, 
Deceive
Common Lore (Imperial Creed, War)
Scholastic Lore (Philosophy, Tactica Imperialis, Occult)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy, Demonlogy, The Warp)
Inquiry +10
Dodge
Stealth
Parry+10

Talents:
Air  of  Authority
Hatred (any one)
Peer (Slaves)
Total Recall
Unshakeable Will, 

Radiant Presence
Mimic
Inspire Wrath
Disarm
Swift Attack
Whirlwind of death
Jaded
Step Aside
Demagogue
wt (Power, Las, Primary)

Traits:

The Quick And The Dead
Serpent's Tongue

Gear
GoodCraftsmanship  Laspistol
Common Craftsmanship Power  Blade
Mesh  Combat Cloak
Chaos symbol pendant
unholy tomes
two laspistol clips.
L.Power Armor (customization=8
   -Devotional Iconography:The armour is clearly dedicated to the service of one 
particular Chaos God. The wearer gains +10 to Command tests made against Daemons 
and targets devoted to that Chaos God. In addition, all Lesser Daemons of the chosen 
Chaos God not under someone else’s command or control automatically treat the wearer
 as their commander. The character suffers a -10 to all Fellowship tests made against
 Deamons and targets devoted to a Chaos Gods opposed to the chosen Chaos God.

Autosanguine
Powersword
pquality conversion field

Acquisitions:
L.Power Armor
Autosanguine
Powersword
pquality conversion field

XP Log: 6000/6000
Talents:
Disarm 250
Swift Attack 500
Whirlwind of death 500
Jaded 250
Step Aside 750
Demogouge 750
wt power 250

Characteristics:
Ws+5 250
BS+5 250
Agi+5 250
Tou+5 250
Str+5 250
Str+10 500
will+5 250

athletics 200
parry 200
parry+10 350

Alignment Log:
Nurgle:    2
Khorne:    7
Slaanesh:  1
Tzeentch:  1

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 7, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Picks!

MaliciousOnion as Aegrotitas; Plague Marine; Nurgle
Ronwayne as Victoria, Priestess of the Blood God; Apostate; Khorne
Kai Tave as Xerxes Nazramanthus, 12th Plume High Magister Superium of Surgub (Temporarily Displaced); Q'Sal Magister Immaterial; Tzeentch
frajaq as Jarlunek; Dark Apostle; Unaligned
Werix as Anodesien the Siege-Breaker; Veteran of the Long War; Tzeentch
NGDBSS as Magos Judith; Heretek; Nurgle
simsense cumshots as Flint Ironstag; Veteran of the Long War; Slaanesh
Lipton Iced Soup as Alberich, Noise Marine; Slaanesh

Everyone else who applied gets priority if I need replacements. While I work on the IC thread go ahead and post your character's opinions on the rest of the party.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Can do. I also need 2 khorne mutations @ infamy 42

ed: per die rolls, taking dimensional instability and tail (Khorne/scorpion w/ toxic). We Brotherhood of Nod now.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 6, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'd not done it earlier so as not to monkey with perceptions of the timestamp, but since I've got 250 xp unspent is it fine for me to pick up Combat Formation?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Sure, go ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"Against my will, but completely my own fault, I, Jarlunek of the 17th Legion am forced to work alongside other individuals in a situation quite similar to mine. Perhaps quite fittingly, I'm the only member of the group not dedicated to a particular Dark God. While this represents a huge opportunity with each side bringing his strengths to our future plans, I wonder about the possible problems. Will members of opposite Gods quarrel and bicker constantly, perhaps even sabotaging our plans seeking glory for themselves only? Will some of them even consider me weak for my lack of dedication to a single God? Only time will tell."

Aegrotitas: Typical of their Legion, he's a truly determined individual. With his rare terminator armor I imagine he'll be a true bulwark in the battlefields to come.

Victoria: I already can see the value of this unusual devotee of the Blood God. Usually his followers are mostly berserk and vicious, with no way of subtlety. But this so called Priestess is different. She being human will help a lot in convincing and rallying whatever human slave-workers for our aid. She will be the example that even humans may be blessed and saved by the Ruinous Powers.

Xerxes Nazramanthus: A Magister of the world of Q'Sal. A quite powerful psyker on its own, what with their constant learning of the Empyrean's secrets on that strange planet. No doubt he'll be immensely useful in whatever rituals we realize in the future. He looks heavily eccentric but such is the way of beings with their minds open to the Warp.

Anodesien the Siege-Breaker: I cannot quite remember the last time I saw a sorcerer of the 4th Legion. Quite unusual, but an welcome addition to anyway. No doubt we'll need to siege a fortification or bastion of some kind in the future, and his legion's expertise on that aspect of warfare will be quite useful.

Magos Judith: A Magos of the Dark Mechanicum. There's not much to say besides that they're immensely useful in any situation, what with their expertise on arcane technologies and maintenance. Interestingly, he follows the God of Decay of all things. Does that mean he has expertise on biological weapons? I hope he can control himself on using such things, as followers and servants for the Chaos Gods are more useful alive.

Flint Ironstag: Another member of the 4th Legion besides Anodesien, quite a coincidence. He looks like he went through quite a lot in his past life, but I have no wish to pry into it further. He looks dependable like any other Iron Warrior, but we shall see what happens with his devotion to the Youngest God in our trials ahead.

Alberich: All the Noise Marines I have met in my travels in this galaxy have been severely unstable, and I have no reason to think this one will be an exception. Their cacophony that they can unleash on the battlefields is extremely useful, inflicting heavy morale damage on unfortunate targets victims of their sonic weaponry. I worry about his desires in other situations however.

• Locked thread